Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Buster Sword Question

Arrow Buster Sword Question

CONTAINS SPOILERS IF YOU HAVENT SEEN THE MOVIE!

Hey guys, I have so many questions about FF7 that I would love answered. I was hoping some of you guys could help.

In Advent Children, why do you guys think Cloud relinquished his old buster sword and got a new sword knowing how much meaning the buster sword had? Does anyone know why he would be crazy enough to do such a stupid thing.

My only theory is that since the sword had so much meaning and so many heroes had once carried it he felt he didnt deserve it considering he let aerith and zack die.

What do you guys think?

He either got rid of it cause it reminded him of Zack and Aerith or he realised that this new sword was much cooler and more useful.

Big thanks to Maria for this great sig!

Umm.... any other takers? I was hoping for a better answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Digitalis83 View Post
    I was hoping for a better answer.
    LMAO.
    Sorry Player, I'm Noriega crossed with Schwarzenegger
    The orphan maker, orchestrate your fate in a torture chamber

SO im assuming there are no takers to this question? I really would have thought this would be the place to ask the question... what a shame.
    The Ninja Forums
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

SO im assuming there are no takers to this question? I really would have thought this would be the place to ask the question... what a shame.
    It's funny to read how you post as if you're above everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Harkus View Post
    sigh, Funny how you insult people without knowing anything about them.

btw, how could I be above everyone else when i'm asking for help on a question?

I wasn't insulting you I was pointing out that you're posting as if you're better than everyone. It's as if you expect everyone to come running and rush to reply to your question. The world doesn't revolve around you, you know.

Dude, stop being so emo. I didnt post here to talk to you. I posted here to get other FF7's fans opinions on a subject matter I find interesting. If you dont want to help, then dont respond.

Back to the topic:
    Anyone have any opinions on Cloud leaving behind his Buster Sword?

Talk about a hypocrite, you say I shouldn't insult you (which I didn't) and then you insult me by calling me an emo which I am 100% not. Oh and Desert wolfs answer is probably the right one.

Onion Kid
    I always took it a a reference to the games. In reality, you don't keep the same weapon for very long, and Cloud's sword in AC reminded me a lot of his Ultimate Weapon. I figured he left Zack's old Buster at the exact place he died (see: Crisis Core) as a kind of memorial.

*smacks forehead*

You know what GameBuddy, I never noticed it but that IS where Zack died! (i just beat crisis core yesterday)

It makes much more sense now.

It could also symbolize the fact that Cloud wants to be his own man and not live in others shadows. I really enjoyed the movie, but i really dont think he should have left the sword behind, but now that its on Zack's "grave" its not so bad.

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    Too bad that was an idea added later into the development of the movie.

If you watched many of the early trailers Cloud CLEARLY has his original Buster Sword. I guess Nomura thought it'd be cool to make Cloud an emofag with a 6-sword-in-1 weapon.

My guess is that it is just a plot hole. Like they just forgot the sword had any meaning and that it would be so cool for Cloud to wield a new sword.

I really didn't realize there was any sentimental meaning behind the Buster Sword until Crisi Core came out.

Umm.... any other takers? I was hoping for a better answer.
    LMAO.
    sigh, Funny how you insult people without knowing anything about them.

btw, how could I be above everyone else when i'm asking for help on a question?
    I wasn't insulting you I was pointing out that you're posting as if you're better than everyone. It's as if you expect everyone to come running and rush to reply to your question. The world doesn't revolve around you, you know.
    Dude, stop being so emo. I didnt post here to talk to you. I posted here to get other FF7's fans opinions on a subject matter I find interesting. If you dont want to help, then dont respond.

Back to the topic:
    Talk about a hypocrite, you say I shouldn't insult you (which I didn't) and then you insult me by calling me an emo which I am 100% not. Oh and Desert wolfs answer is probably the right one.
    Hooray for flame wars!

[01:45] < NeigHeil > Hawkeye speak. or what I just said in the thread makes me look stupid
    [01:45] * Hawkeye_1138 has quit (Connection reset by peer)
    [01:46] < NeigHeil > god fucking dammit
    The [Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active again(aka come by and put in your two cents)...current edition: Best weapons, armors, and accessories...

remember when zack said to cloud that hes the evidence that he lived? well, thats pretty much where it all came from. In AC, cloud said..."its hard to live both our lives"...(or something like that, i forgot the line.) when he promised zack to live both their lives...it was easy, but then it became so hard he wanted to give up and die from the disease, he ran away from home, and cloud realizes he can't do what he promised zack and decided to abandon the sword ...

* i dont know if this is what you mean by your question but anyways it doesnt really matter...*

i think i sold the sword for 5 gil in midgar once i got the iron sword which had 5 more attack power

Life for Final Fantasy FainaruFantaji's Avatar
    As Digitalis83 said already Cloud left Buster Sword in the place where Zack died.

A quote from FFVII:AC Reunion Files
    Since the Buster Sword serves as a grave marker, Cloud needed a new weapon, and Takeya was asked to design the fusion swords.

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    rofl last minute bullshit

Honestly I jus think that Cloud needed a new sword after all the battles that the Buster Sword has been through. So therefor he had a new one made and gave the old one back to Zack as a grave marker. I mean you gotta admit looking at that sword...it was well used.

Something wicca this way comes matt damon's Avatar
    he got a new one because the writers/animators decided he should get a new one.

Quote Originally Posted by Alice Wonderbra
    baby sun is creepy with its giggling and happy baby-ness.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualchan View Post
    i think i sold the sword for 5 gil in midgar once i got the iron sword which had 5 more attack power
    i dont remember being able to sell the buster sword i remember it being inactive in the selling screen

Quote Originally Posted by stick1286 View Post
    i dont remember being able to sell the buster sword i remember it being inactive in the selling screen
    Same here, I tried to sell it but it showed the buster sword in grey and wouldn't let me select it.

Onion Kid
    thanks harkus

How can he even carry it?? ZOMG I ASKED AN ORIGINAL QUESTION