Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buster Sword Question

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    How can he even carry it?? ZOMG I ASKED AN ORIGINAL QUESTION
    That's easy. The shit's made out of styrofoam, cardbord, plastic, etc. Just look at all the cosplaying retards out there, toting lightweight material wrapped in foil.
    New Sig under construction

Blarghonkies!!!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by z.zetsumei View Post
    That's easy. The shit's made out of styrofoam, cardbord, plastic, etc. Just look at all the cosplaying retards out there, toting lightweight material wrapped in foil.
    dude, you have a problem. My friend is an excellent Zack cosplayer. what is your belief that cosplayers are retarded? Because they dress up as a certain character? that they pretty much live halloween for a living? My friend gets PAID for dressing up and acting at conventions. that is in an insane job. Are you just jealous? Or are you just hateful to everyone around you.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Disaace View Post
    dude, you have a problem. My friend is an excellent Zack cosplayer. what is your belief that cosplayers are retarded? Because they dress up as a certain character? that they pretty much live halloween for a living? My friend gets PAID for dressing up and acting at conventions. that is in an insane job. Are you just jealous? Or are you just hateful to everyone around you.

Wait, wait, wait. So your friend gets paid to dress up like someone he's not?!
    HOLY SHIT! So does [Hidden link. Register to see links.]!
    Could they be the same person?! Sometimes I just wonder about shit like that...

And I AM jealous that I don't get paid to act like a pre-pubescent, costume loving, basement dwelling, nerd.

;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D ;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D
    R.I.P. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    ;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D ;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D

If you're going through hell, keep going CloudGX's Avatar
    Well...im a huge FF7 Fan and so naturally i have an answer to this question :P. even though everyone else is...well i dont know what's going on with them.

You know how much meaning the sword has, and how Zack used it before Cloud. In a secret in the original game (that i didnt find until my 5th playthrough) you get to see just how much Zack had an influence on Cloud

sadly...he is killed on a

CLIFF OVERLOOKING MIDGAR

so you see, the place where Cloud leaves the sword in the movie is Zack's grave. Cloud was right by Zack when he died, but he was spared. from then on, Cloud essentially became Zack.

It was Zack's idea to become a mercenary. it was Zack who made it into solider.

and how does FF7 start? with Cloud the Ex-soldier for hire!

So basically, Cloud cosplays as Zack right? Then that means Cloud cosplayers are actually cosplaying as someone who's cosplaying someone else!

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    In that case Cloud cosplayers should get paid double.

Well, cloud should be fired actually. Because in theory, he shouldnt even be there. Zack should. Unless he phoned in sick. In which case it is okay.

What if Cloud didn't get the memo and showed up at the same time Zack did?

Awkwarrrrd.

In that case it'd be Peanut Butter Jelly Time!

Onion Kid
    In CC we hear Angeal talking about not wanting to use the Buster Sword because it would bring about rust and wear and tear and that would be a real waste. But Angeal is long gone during AC and the buster sword is Clouds' to do with as he pleases and he leaves it rusting and all dirty at the place of Zack's death.

It makes a fitting tombstone I suppose. The game creators found they wanted to write Cloud reminiscing in a situation that would require a cemetary of which there are none on the planet so they cooked this up instead.

Actually there's one in Gonzaga(sp?) and I believe in Corel.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by noskillbassist View Post
    Actually there's one in Gonzaga(sp?) and I believe in Corel.
    Are you serious? What did they bury there? The people's possessions? It's not like anyone leaves a corpse.

In FF7 the graveyards are for the people who died when their town's respective Mako Reactors exploded.

Blarghonkies!!!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by z.zetsumei View Post
    So basically, Cloud cosplays as Zack right? Then that means Cloud cosplayers are actually cosplaying as someone who's cosplaying someone else!
    thats actually an interesting concept. Emo fanboys at its best! I wasn't that much of a fan of 7 (although i have a shinra employee card, cause shinra was the shit, ya know before the owner got stabbed by a muthafuckin 12 foot long sword) but yeah. interesting concept.

Workin' for the city! Bus Driver's Avatar
    It could've been used as a plot point illustrating Cloud moving on and leaving the past behind...but of course that didn't happen.

But yeah...who wants character/story progression?
    "This is where I'm supposed to say something to catch your attention" - Bus Driver

Damn your shenanigans! - Bus Driver

Zack told him to give him his sword back, so he did

It was old, hence the way it looks in AC (rusted really badly). Cloud also decided to use it as a fitting way to remember Zack. He marked the spot where he died with the weapon, possibly as a sign of his moving on.

That's about it.

Warrior, Protector, Friend solid8bit's Avatar
    For one, the buster sword was Zack's, and in Advent Children were the buster sword was placed...that is the spot were Zack died.

Sence we are sharing FFVII qustions and answers, I have one.
    Dose any one know what is the deal with that wolf in Advent Children? I am sure that it has some kind of meaning or symbolism..............but I don't know what it is. Anything....Anyone?
    固体 戦士
    In Victory There Is Truth

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by solid8bit View Post
    Sence we are sharing FFVII qustions and answers, I have one. Dose any one know what is the deal with that wolf in Advent Children? I am sure that it has some kind of meaning or symbolism..............but I don't know what it is. Anything....Anyone?
    The wolf is supposed to symbolize Cloud and his desire to be forgiven for past mistakes. That is why he wears the 'cloudy wolf' which is the broach on his chest and the same design for his earrings.

Warrior, Protector, Friend solid8bit's Avatar
    That is pretty interesting. I just never understood what the wolf symbolized. Cool!
    Was this some kind of offical fact or what you think it means? I'm not questioning your answer, I just didn't pick that up from watching the movie.

How exactly does a wolf symbolize forgiveness?
    Introducing the new and improved:

Previously known as Lionheart730.
    "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. "

According to Sweetsong, it's his desire to be forgiven, not forgiveness, but I can't see either one.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavka View Post
    According to Sweetsong, it's his desire to be forgiven, not forgiveness, but I can't see either one.
    x2

There's even a lack of outside references from other works where something along those lines has been proven.

Onion Kid
    I know there is nothing cannon about this but it sort of makes sense, it was taken from the following fansite - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

The wolf is tied to Cloud throughout Advent Children. It follows him while he wanders the world in loneliness, its face becomes his insignia, engraved on ornaments on his chest, earrings, and even his gloves, and he even names his motorcycle after Fenrir, the mammoth wolf from Norse mythology.

The wolf is that guilt; it is the constant reminder of his failures in the past that continue to plague him in the present. Even if great steps have been taken to move on and start anew in the past two years, no amount of success can raise the dead, a fact that becomes painfully clear after Cloud contracts Geostigma--a death sentence in and of itself. As long as that wolf wanders the world in loneliness, Cloud will as well. He will never be able to find the forgiveness he so desperately needs. But from whom does he need to be forgiven? Does he seek it from those whose lives have been lost, or is it within his own troubled heart that he will find penance?

It is over his heart that the Cloudy Wolf rests, an ornament not coincidentally resembling something of a gothic doorknocker. It shields his heart, locking these regrets inside and hiding them away where they will grow and fester until they are too much to bear.