Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Ask for recommendations here

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar

Ask for recommendations here

We've had a bunch of threads appear lately asking for recommendations, and frankly, the sheer number of them is getting on my nerves.

Use this thread to ask for recommendations and to post replies to people have posted their requests in this thread. Be as specific about what you're looking for as you like. If you don't have any particular type of show that you want to see, just read the Favorite Anime/Manga thread and look for shows that look popular or something.

DO NOT use this thread to simply state what your favorite shows are. We have the Favorite Anime/Manga thread for that. I (and others) may or may not (more likely the former) mock you savagely if you do it.

Please don't reply to ancient requests. Check the dates on posts you're replying to and consider one week to be the cut-off point.

I hope I'm using this correctly but am looking for a recommendation for a decent recent anime series. I am just getting back into watching anime after slackening off for a few years, previously I liked shows like Serial Experiments Lain, Boogiepop Phantom & Witch Hunter Robin and would probably like something in that sort of genre. Have been watching Persona Trinity Soul on youtube but any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Marceline
    I'd definitely recommend Texhnolyze to you. I'm not a huge fan, but you might want to check out Ergo Proxy too? It seems in the same vein as the stuff you like.

Thank you

Alright. <3

In all the years of my fandom, I've always been more of a gamer, and though I've been through a few animes the 'passion' never lasts, you know? I want something I can get hooked to if possible.

Animes I've enjoyed before include the Hellsing OVA, Descendants of Darkness [ Yami no Matsuei ], Kurau Phantom Memory, Cowboy Bebop, Samurai Champloo, and the older works of CLAMP [Angelic Layer, Cardcaptor Sakura, Tokyo Babylon], and Ouran High School Host Club.

I usually like the bloodier stuff, I'm not much for sap stuff unless it's got some interesting plot accompanying it.

I'm not interested in -
    Naruto
    Bleach
    Death Note
    Gravitation, Loveless.

Don't even bother with those. xD I know the last two are a bit out of place. I don't mind shounen-ai animes, just not those two.

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Way to not read the thread, dumbass.

Hmm...
    Totally agree Prak...
    Ambitions....

Righful owner of the matrix jewess crabcake's Avatar
    Lol Prak I was just about to ask for an anime to watch. Think is I'm not sure what genre... better yet I'll just ask for all three I'm interested in.

Action: (This can include mecha-animes too. As I really enjoyed Evangelion and Gundam {forget the series}). I liked Gungrave, Cowboy Bebop. I'd like to see something along those lines.

Comedy: As the only one I've seen so far has been The melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, and I found that a breath of fresh air.

Detective (if that can qualify as a genre): something like Gost in the Shell

Can some one rec any good animes?
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

You own a Xbox 360? Join the [Hidden link. Register to see links.] today!

Onion Kid
    allright, ill make a request.

anyone have ah! my goddess, either english or subbed? not any fandub or anything.....

Recommendations and requests are 2 different things. And there is an entire internet out there for you to ask that question. But you think a Final Fantasy Forum is going to rush to the rescue and supply you your anime?

Jeff, for Action i recommend Tengen toppa gurren lagann if u haven't already seen it. for comedy Azumange daioh, Lucky star and Dokuro-chan and for Detective maybe Higurashi no naku koro ni

Oh thanks I think I did something wrong I got no replies... maybe I wasn't very precise.

Maybe this doesn't fit in this Thread but i didn't found any other thread to write this in, anyways i was wondering how many //Hack.something there is?
    I've seen ..Hack//sign and ..Hack//roots.
    and is there any specific order i should watch them in?

I don't think the order you watch them in matters but if you wanna see them chronologically or just want to see how many series there are go to [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Marceline
    Jeff: I'll second Tengen toppa gurren lagann, it's fantastic.

Also, if you haven't seen them:

Black Lagoon
    Hellsing
    Full Metal Panic!
    Berserk
    Blood+
    Ergo Proxy
    RahXephon

Those are mostly action or action/comedy shows. In my opinion Haruhi is about the best the anime world has to offer, comedy wise. If you don't mind a lot of Japanese cultural references, I also think Welcome to the NHK is an excellent comedy.

You were super clear with recommendations, btw. I just don't check this thread enough. Hope at least one of those shows works out for you!

thanks, I 'll save these to my wordpad. Man am I a geek... thanks again.

Quote Originally Posted by Ndi View Post
    Jeff: I'll second Tengen toppa gurren lagann, it's fantastic.

Also, if you haven't seen them:

Black Lagoon
    Hellsing
    Full Metal Panic!
    Berserk
    Blood+
    Ergo Proxy
    RahXephon

Those are mostly action or action/comedy shows. In my opinion Haruhi is about the best the anime world has to offer, comedy wise. If you don't mind a lot of Japanese cultural references, I also think Welcome to the NHK is an excellent comedy.

You were super clear with recommendations, btw. I just don't check this thread enough. Hope at least one of those shows works out for you!
    Im going to try this Tengen toppa gurren lagann anime. It's the only one I haven't seen on that list Lol. Those are all great anime btw.

Any ideas on a good anime along the lines of 'Koi Suru Tenshi Angelique', 'Haruka Naru Toki no Naka de'. I like the reverse harem genre but it's so hard to find good ones. I've got 'Ouran' too, so any suggestions are welcome. Thanks.

Would you like to see my mask? Nightowl9910's Avatar
    I'd be grateful for recommendations on any decent vampire anime titles.

I've already seen both the Vampire D Hunter movies, Blood: The Last Vampire and plan to check out Blood + and Hellsing when I can. But any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
    Dr Crane isn't here right now, but if you'd like to make an appointment....

Quote Originally Posted by Giga_Flare View Post
    I'd be grateful for recommendations on any decent vampire anime titles.

I've already seen both the Vampire D Hunter movies, Blood: The Last Vampire and plan to check out Blood + and Hellsing when I can. But any other suggestions would be much appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
    Have you checked out "Rosario + Vampire"? The vamp is female but it's a good series.

Would you like to see my mask? Nightowl9910's Avatar
    I hadn't heard of it before, but now that I have will certainly find out more about it. Many thx

I'm bored.

I want to watch an Animu.

Turn-A Gundam was OK at best. Story needed some work unfortunately.

I want to watch an Anime that makes absolutely no-sense, but makes sense in the end. Like Utena. MINDFUCK?!

*Excluding Excel Saga.
    ;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D ;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D
    R.I.P. [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    ;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D ;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D;D

Ergo proxy. I only watched 3 episodes but I still don't know what's going on.

Are you being sarcastic?

No I really don't understand, they really throw you ass first into the plot, I guess they assume you read the novel (iirc there is a novel).