Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Final Fantasy games are getting worse

Im the Final Fantasy Master, I know everything FinalFantasyGuyMartin's Avatar

Unhappy Final Fantasy games are getting worse

FF10 and downwards were the best but ff12 and the new ff12 for the ds and dirge of cerberus were not as good
    they changed the battle style which i think ruins the game
    any opinions reply to this thread

also

by the way the trailers show it , ff13 doesnt look very turn battle like at all

the turn based fighting was best by far

The Worst Meme before Meme Culture DE GRANDE FREAK's Avatar
    You know, some people think the new battle system rokz!!! And I like FFXII, no matter how long it takes to finish!
    You can't kill a meme
    -Me, probably

6r8drmi

well everyone has there opinion
    its not as if i dont like the new battle system anyway its just that the old one was better

I think the series has been going downhill since it made the jump to 3D in FF VII...

Although I've liked a few games in the series since, nothing seems to compare to the old top down 2D games.

Restricted
    I think its all a matter of opinon xP alot of people thought FF12 was a "true" FF game because the typical sappy love story was replaced with a plain old stupid story line...while alot of people missed the sappy love stories (me) and found the game, aside from the battle system and graphics..to be horrible.

Righful owner of the matrix jewess crabcake's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FinalFantasyGuyMartin View Post
    FF10 and downwards were the best but ff12 and the new ff12 for the ds and dirge of cerberus were not as good
    Dirge of Cerberus is not an FF. FF12 is regarded as the best FF 10 years, whether I agree or not is hearsay. Also how can an improvement ruin a game? if it wasn't for improvements we'd all be playing with sprites on a 2d disproportional canvas.
    by the way the trailers show it , ff13 doesnt look very turn battle like at all

the turn based fighting was best by far
    You've obviously never played an Active Style Rpg, buy or rent Star Ocean 3 or any other game in it's genre. The battles are much more heated and the bosses are way more fierce.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

You own a Xbox 360? Join the [Hidden link. Register to see links.] today!

Rape makes a story simple Starscream's Avatar
    Fuck off. Perhaps post something worthwhile to support your opinion? y/n?

The Worst Meme before Meme Culture DE GRANDE FREAK's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Defstar View Post
    I think the series has been going downhill since FF VII.
    So now you are saying FF VII is a bad game?

Quote Originally Posted by Defstar View Post
    I think the series has been going downhill since it made the jump to 3D in FF VII...
    Don't know how I missed this moron; care to justify? Just as fucking moronic as the thread-maker's statement. So FFX was hugely worse than VII was it? Considering it's been 'downhill since VII'.

Quote Originally Posted by DE GRANDE FREAK View Post
    So now you are saying FF VII is a bad game?
    Not that it's bad, but that it's not all everyone makes it out to be. It sure as hell doesn't deserve a million spin-off games like it has. Most people love it so much only because it was the first one they played, I just don't like it because I didn't think it was as good as it's predecessors.

Care to answer the real problem in your posts of this thread?

I believe that the jump from turned based to real time battles was a step to the right direction, but I consider the license board system a lazy made one.
    I hate to fucking move almost randomly around the board + I don't like the idea of having to get the right licenses on the board to be able to use my weapons. I just find it stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by ROKI View Post
    I believe that the jump from turned based to real time battles was a step to the right direction
    qft

but I consider the license board system a lazy made one.
    qf partial t

I'll make that decision when they release FFXXI: "The misadventures of geriatric Cloud & Tifa." Until then I maintain my silence on the matter.

Whilst I do not agree with the reasons given I do not think that the argument is without merit; not that I think the games are getting worse it's just that the perception is they are. I primarily put this down to us the fans.

I think the main reason the games seem to be getting worse is because the fans (and I am including myself in this) all have our favourite entries in the series and we all could probably describe our optimal Final Fantasy game so when a new title comes out and it doesn't match the game in our heads then suddenly the series is on the slide despite the fact that the game we are comparing it to might not actually exist (I know they certainly have not made the Final Fantasy VI/IX team up Namco X Capcom style that is mine).

Also the outcry from a fairly large proportion of the fans whenever even the slightest thing is changed must be very confusing for Square-Enix, you only need to look at the earlier posts in this thread or the entire sections on this and many other forums decrying X-2, the magic system in VIII or the combat in XII as the end of civilisation as we know it . The message this must send to Square-Enix is we want new exciting and innovative games just so long as they do not change anything from the previous games and you only need to look at the demand for a FFVII remake for evidence of this; we have potentially unlimited options for gameplay on the PS3 but what do we apparently want, an exact re-make of a ten year old game just with better graphics hardly an incentive for the company to push themselves is it.

So no I do not think the games are getting worse, personally I think XII and X-2 were some of the more fun and interesting entries in the series since the SNES days, but if they are it is nobodies fault but our own.

Pokémon Trainer Squall_Leonhart_fffan's Avatar

Exclamation

ok i knwo ti seems ff is loseing its egde by changeing things uo but it has to be done msot peoples biggest compaints about the old games were the trun base system the only thing i realy disliekd about 12 was the point san dhunt system i like the random battles giveing me gill but they stoped it and then that points to unlock everything took forever .......... realy annying even to unlock summons ugh that was painfull i haveint played 12 2 yet becuas ei am to broke to egt a new ds and a game ( my room mates desided to play hocky with my ds needless to say i am now liveing alone ^_^ ) anyway things hcnage oevr time some of it sucks some of it is good the mega man series is a good point slowly over time it became not worth buying but renting i beat allmsot eveyr mega man in less than 5 hours anymore expect the card battle system ones anyay games do ahve to chnage over time it sucks it blows and to true fans but some tiem sit works better for the game play i haveint played 13 and dont know much about it so i cant say on it and yes doc sucked .......... it sucked badly but thats becuase they tryed to rip off devil may cry

i have a lerning disabliaty sadly it ekeps me form spelling right all the time allso i am the king of typos i will try to keep my post readable but please bare with me ...

i loved FF9~ and anything above that was just... okay. i guess FFX was exciting just because it was new to the ps2 and the graphics were 'amazing' and it was the first time in FF history they had voice acting.
    FF12 was good because it was different. and i must admit i'm really looking forward to FF13+FF Versus C:

final fantasy has always had some sort of allure but since VII things just havent been the same
    in VIII and on the characters became characters from a trendy ass saturday morning anime

they have spent so long trying to reinvent the rpg that they have lost sight of what the rpg really is

i guess the bulk of rpg nerds has turned into a bunch of girly yoai loving queers
    and who can blame sqauresoft for cattering to that crowd
    theres more of them than us
    (real game fans)
    ones that see past amazing graphics
    and find a piece of shit rapped in shiny rapping paper

I actually liked FFXII better than X. While FFXII may not have the same summons as the previous FFs, but what I love about XII better than X is that I like the battle system much better and the overall gameplay isn't as sickengly too easy as X.

As for XIII, I'm not even gonna go there with criticizing. You don't know how good or bad it is until it comes out . I'm just gonna wait until it comes out to decide whether I like it or not .
    Check out my Resident Evil & Silent Hill Quote Quiz:

im not a big fan of XII at all
    it may be better than X but thats not saying much
    i guess i just cant see the reason they would mess with a formula that worked so well

so many are trying to hard to give everything a new spin
    that final fantasay is unrecognizable

as far as XIII
    cant say much
    but im not gettin my hopes up

Quote Originally Posted by ThrashInPeace View Post
    im not a big fan of XII at all
    it may be better than X but thats not saying much
    i guess i just cant see the reason they would mess with a formula that worked so well

so many are trying to hard to give everything a new spin
    that final fantasay is unrecognizable

as far as XIII
    cant say much
    but im not gettin my hopes up
    You're preaching to the choir on that one. I value the classics (i.e. I-VI) more than any other FF title, but the battle systems, licensing/leveling up, world maps are all going to change from here on out. Whether that means they will be moving up or down depends on whether you like it or not.

not exactly a popular opinion

speaking of world maps
    what the fuck?
    who thought it would be great to take them out of games
    the world map was the glue that held most rpgs together

i cant stand this new age school of rpgs

Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    The world Map problem will get resolved at some point in the future. Starting with FFX, S-E decided to keep all of the graphics in proportions. But the problem with that is that the PS2 cannot possibly put a wolrd map on screen and keep the graphic quality of FFX or XII. So they had to come up with this corridor compromise that makes the games feel like you're always in a dungeon.

But with the advent of technology and CPU power, at one point in time, the graphics will be good enough that it will be possible for the devs to make the entire game using a "world map" setup where everything is in proportions and seemless. Streaming the graphics in real time as you wonder from one location to the next, without having to rely on black loading screens.

When will that happen is an other question.

Righful owner of the matrix jewess crabcake's Avatar
    Personally I'm ok with the lack of a world map. I'm upset about the lack of flying a ship like the Ragnarock, I've spent 2 hours flying that ship in FFVIII