Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: anyone know of any free easy audio recorders?

Have you seen this article?: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

As far as the DVD question, that's beyond me. There may be audio folders in there that you can take out and split up into vocal parts, but I don't know how to do it. You can certainly play it on your computer speakers and have Audacity record it. But I'm not sure if there's a better way to preserve the quality of the recording.

You could use a spectral analyzer as well. I do not know of a free one though but it can isolate the sound frequency and a possible way of deleting certain parts of an audio track but if the frequencies of the voice and a certain instrument is very close then the more difficult it becomes. What is nice about the spectral is it shows the sound spectrum and not just mearly a sound wave.

the only one I can recomend is audacity I used it for a while and it was fun.

Quote Originally Posted by arthurgolden View Post
    Apparently, this is a common problem:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

The good news is that it looks like they have a step-by-step guide to fix it.
    I have exhausted almost all of the options on that page. Audacity simply does not work as advertised. The only option left would be to buy a cable and go directly from Line Out to Line In and try recording that way. I wonder why I should waste my money and time on that solution when none of Audacity's solutions have worked. Numerous requests for help from the company have been answered with silence.

Good thing I didn't buy anything from them; I would have, but all they offer is bad customer service. The products are claimed to be so EASY to use; my direct experience begs to differ.

I would advise strongly anyone against buying any recording products from applian technologies or buying Audacity (it can be sold) for any reason.

Audacity is said to be an award winning product; I wish I could find that version. The one that I have is worthy of only one thing; deletion.

Ha. Yikes.

i tried few times..........fail.....
    i think is my sound card ac97 (laptop)........never support....

From what I understand, a low quality sound card can cause glitches during recording and lag during playback. But did you even get that far? Or are you having problems with buttons being ghosted, too?

Quote Originally Posted by arthurgolden View Post
    Audacity is easy and free and, from what I can tell, is what a lot of us on this board use.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I Agree

Banned
    Does anyone know how to record a sound effects free fan made film score on Mac?

Are you trying to remove the sound effects? Or are you just trying to record a film score, which just so happens to not have sound effects?

VGM [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - Currently DANGANRONPA songs and 10th ANNIVERSARY encores
    VGM [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Banned
    I’m trying to remove them.

So what you're trying to do is record a music score with sound effects, then remove the effects. The first of those things is easy. The second of those things is difficult. Unless the sound effects are very minimal, that's a lot of work that will likely net an unsatisfactory final product. If I were you, I would search all around the internet to see if the score hasn't been released somewhere. If it hasn't, I'd be inclined to contact the composer as the next step. Audio editing the file yourself would be a last resort. If that's really what you want to do, there's an art to it that you'll have to learn as you go. Google "remove sound effects from music" and you'll find guides to get started.

Banned
    I looked for the composer, Peng Fei. I can't find a way to contact him. What else can I do?

Contact the production company who made the film. Or find a community of people who love the score as much as you do and make a public post encouraging the rights holder to release an official version. Or buy a professional audio editor like iZotope RX and use it isolate the sound effects' frequencies.

Banned
    Well, this film is from China & 10-12 production companies were involved in making it, so it would be hard to figure out which one was mostly involved. Where could I find a community like the one you mentioned?

Google around and see if such a community exists. That's all I can tell you.