Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on Lost Odyseey?

Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Swami0586 View Post
    I agree, Lost Odyssey is an AMAZINGly overrated game!
    Explain to me how it is so, when the consensus around the internet gives it an average of 8.2?

Overrated is a game like FF X with an average of 9.3.

Silent Shriner #0
    Wanna know an overrated game?

The horrible FFVII.

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hynad View Post
    Explain to me how it is so, when the consensus around the internet gives it an average of 8.2?

Overrated is a game like FF X with an average of 9.3.
    You do realize those are all just coalitioned opinions?

The same thing happened with LAIR, so to speak. It's a fanastic game, but some dickweed griped about the "impossible" controls then ended up giving it like a 4 and everyone followed suit. Reviewers are teh ghey.

(Srsly, play LAIR, controls are like easysauce)
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    I have it, and I call it brilliant. I hated FF12's battle system, FF11's MMO aspect. This was miles better.

A little too easy, but solid story and presentation (graphics are as amazing as something that would emerge from Square's lab...)

You do realize those are all just coalitioned opinions?
    You do realise that my point was that the game is not overrated according to the consensus, contrary to what you want to make us believe.

Actually, most people who played the game think it is underrated.

Meh, I've seen gameplay vids for it and I wouldn't give it a 8, maybe a 6-7.

Personally I think people rate games too high sometimes. (Halo 3 anyone?)

So basically, what you're doing here is call a game you DIDN'T play as overrated?

Seriously, are you always such a moron? (referring to the few threads I participate in, in which you posted similar pieces of retarded shit).

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    The same thing happened with LAIR, so to speak. It's a fanastic game, but some dickweed griped about the "impossible" controls then ended up giving it like a 4 and everyone followed suit.
    This claim is really dumb. If you liked the game, good for you. What you're talking about isn't a matter of your own enjoyment though. Something to remember is that while you can't always trust good reviews, bad reviews tend to be right on the money.

So basically, what you're doing here is call a game you DIDN'T play as overrated?

Seriously, are you always such a moron? (referring to the few threads I participate in, in which you posted similar pieces of retarded shit).
    I hope posting in this manner makes you feel better about yourself, Hynad.

@Prak: Noted.

Yeah, obviously, owning a self-proclaimed moron like you is really satisfying.

Owning? Heh heh, that's cute.

Also, when did I self-proclaim myself to be a moron? Please stop putting words in my posts because you're really becoming immature.

I agree, Lost Odyssey is an AMAZINGly overrated game!
    Meh, I've seen gameplay vids for it and I wouldn't give it a 8, maybe a 6-7.

Personally I think people rate games too high sometimes. (Halo 3 anyone?)
    You didn't say it word for word. But the quotes here are a testament to that.

Ah, I see, since I don't share your sentiment with the game I'm automatically a moron.

*headdesk*

You base your sentiment about the game based on videos you saw on the internet.
    You claim that the game is amazingly overrated based on what you saw from these vids.
    That is what I call moronic.

You have zero credibility here.

I would guess that you didn't even play Halo 3 either, but label the game as overrated anyways.

You talk about me missing the train, yet you didn't even see it when it passed.

I would play this game only because Takehiko Inoue and Amano are behind the characters design.

You base your sentiment about the game based on videos you saw on the internet.
    You claim that the game is amazingly overrated based on what you saw from these vids.
    That is what I call moronic.

You have zero credibility here.

I would guess that you didn't even play Halo 3 either, but label the game as overrated anyways.

You talk about me missing the train, yet you didn't even see it when it passed.
    So you say I have to actually play the game to realise if it is overrated or not? Why? I can tell pretty much by the videos.

Sorry if my "credibility" isn't enough for you, oh mighty Hynad.

And you also guess wrong, I've played Halo 3. It is one of the most overrated games. Campaign was short and boring with an ending that made me think Bungie was like "Fuck it, they only care about multiplayer." Online is nothing special, really (unless you count 12 year olds screaming "nigger!" in the headset special). I have more fun playing CoD4, honestly.

So you say I have to actually play the game to realise if it is overrated or not? Why? I can tell pretty much by the videos.

Sorry if my "credibility" isn't enough for you, oh mighty Hynad.

And you also guess wrong, I've played Halo 3. It is one of the most overrated games. Campaign was short and boring with an ending that made me think Bungie was like "Fuck it, they only care about multiplayer." Online is nothing special, really (unless you count 12 year olds screaming "nigger!" in the headset special). I have more fun playing CoD4, honestly.

Hopeless.

Silent Shriner #0
    You're basing your opinions of this game just by videos?

...wow. Honestly, I highly doubt anyone would care what you would have to say about the game when you put it like that. Anyone will listen to someone's opinion of games or movies that have played/watched them. It's like me saying the PS2's gay. Someone asks me if I played it and my response would be something like "It's so stupid I wouldn't even touch it."

Would you credit me at all?

Eh? I've never played a Virtual Boy, but I can say that's a shit console/handheld/thing.

And yes, I am basing opinions on videos because the videos give me insight on something I will not personally experience.

IDX Rider, don't lose your time with that lost case.

He's clearly hopeless. Let him further dig his way to idiocracy alone.

And yes, I am basing opinions on videos because the videos give me insight on something I will not personally experience.
    You actually tried to explain how a game is overated wthout even so much as touching it?

Oh boy.

Sig too big

Silent Shriner #0
    Just to make this clear; I don't do personal insults, but you leave me no choice, swami.

I think you're an okay dude and all, but you're fucking stupid. And on that note, I rest my case because you clearly didn't get that hint in my last post. When I read that you're making an opinion without even playing the game, I couldn't help but laugh my ass off.

Shriner
    Hmm.. Quite personally, I'm almost done with the game, and I think it's absolutely fantastic. It's one of the best JRPG's I've picked up in awhile. I really love the music (can't get the battle theme out of my head, and Dark Saint is just pure ownage), and the graphics are absolutely stunning.

The story is very good, I believe. And there's lots to do, quite honestly, it's very hard for me to get bored, and if I weren't currently alternating between Eternal Sonata and Lost Odyssey (trying to get further into Eternal Sonata at the moment) I'd probably be finished with the game by now ^_^.

This one reccomends it, as well!

this game is great.

it have a great story and good music, and the chalange is good, no like other games.

i give lost odyssey a 9.

I must say, I didn't quite like this game... I only played for about... 1 hour though, know I should given the game more time to develop, also I couldn't see what the textboxses said s: I'm pretty sure that is due to me having a little tv though, which sucks that it did take away what could been an amazing game experince... But I do need to replay it (:
    ~Glorie Dans Le Silence