Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FFI With all White Mages

I, Garland, shall knock you all down! xMistral's Avatar
    That's quite impressive. How long exactly did it take you? And does your NES emu have the speed up function or did you play it on normal speed?
    Final Fantasy Games that I have beaten:
    Final Fantasy I, II, III, IV, V, VI, VII, VIII, IX, X, X-2, Tactics, Tactics Advance.

Favorite one: Final Fantasy I

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by xMistral View Post
    That's quite impressive. How long exactly did it take you? And does your NES emu have the speed up function or did you play it on normal speed?

yeah actually how lond did it take you? my only attempt took me at two weeks I didn't really play straight on through ya know

Shriner
    damn started the thieves party today....this is really hard man

Yeah, I've also started mine, It's harder than white mages, due to the fact that they have low defense, and no magic spells at all. So you gotta spend tons on Heal Potions.

But I'm just about to fight Lich with them, and the Earth Cave is annoying as hell.

Shriner
    yeah goin to the earth cave myself and......I'm....not....ready.....lol

Are you playing the NES version? If so, then watch out for "Earth" She's a mean one and will demolish your blackbelts if you give her a chance.

The Vampire isn't something to laugh over either.

I came, I saw, I levelled up. FF1WithAllThieves's Avatar
    To answer your questions, I ONLY used the speed up function when I was buying items. Levelling up with frameskip is cheating to me, but I draw the line at buying items, due to the fact that it takes five minutes to do it and it requires no skill whatsoever.

Also, no, I am not going to beat it AGAIN with all thieves. That would be stupid. And I don't have screenshots from that game because I played it on an actual NES with a cartridge. I think the game's still saved on there, if memory serves.

Anyway, it'll be a while before I play through this game again, I can tell you. There's nothing left to do in this game for me, really.

Also, in THIS game I beat the fiends in this order: Lich, Tiamat, Kraken, Kary. I know that's a little weird, but spellcasting items are really important with a party of white mages.

For those of you who are playing with all thieves now, I can offer advice if you ever want it. Just PM me if you need help with anything.
    Johannes Brahms is God.

Shriner
    Are you playing the NES version? If so, then watch out for "Earth" She's a mean one and will demolish your blackbelts if you give her a chance.

The Vampire isn't something to laugh over either.
    yep found that out the hard way my thieves got torched torched torched

Quote Originally Posted by TerraVI View Post
    yep found that out the hard way my thieves got torched torched torched
    Yeah I managed to beat the Earth cave and got my canoe.

I usually skip the volcano cave till I get my airship, so I headed in the direction of the ice cave and saved right outside of it.

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    xMinstral, could you not type with such a small font size? It strains the eyes.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by noskillbassist View Post
    xMinstral, could you not type with such a small font size? It strains the eyes.
    There's font editors for a reason buddy. Unless you are a mod then don't tell me what I can or cannot do. No one else has said anything since I joined. So why should it matter to only you?

Btw, learn to spell my name please -_-

It strains my eyes, too. He didn't call you a wanker; why are you being defensive about it? I'm pretty sure nobody else here prefers to read tiny red print; why do you use it?

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    There's font editors for a reason buddy. Unless you are a mod then don't tell me what I can or cannot do. No one else has said anything since I joined. So why should it matter to only you?

Last time I ask a noob politely... What a cock stain...

Yeah, what the fuck?? He asked if you could change your font. You didnt need to be an ass. Why not use a normal font, like a normal person. Wanker! Seriously, what was with the attitude??

Quote Originally Posted by FF1WithAllThieves View Post
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

As you can see, I have achieved victory. I levelled up to 30, which gave me 4 level 8 spells per person, which was enough to take down Chaos. Tiamat the second time was tough, since I couldn't use the Bane Sword, but I went and got the Masmune and gave it to Wilt and won with physical attacks (something I never thought I'd do after Astos).

My official conclusion: all thieves is a SHITLOAD harder than all white mages, and anybody that thinks otherwise is simply ignorant.
    Wow...well done. I remember playing this game when I was 4 in the good ol' NES days...

I'm quite new here so I don't know if you've tried beating Warmech with all thieves yet...I think that would've been a bitch. Ofcourse, the last time I played this game was with the ps1 version on normal mode....and I had a monk/master...so it was an easy ride for me, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Ladykiller View Post
    Wow...well done. I remember playing this game when I was 4 in the good ol' NES days...

I'm quite new here so I don't know if you've tried beating Warmech with all thieves yet...I think that would've been a bitch. Ofcourse, the last time I played this game was with the ps1 version on normal mode....and I had a monk/master...so it was an easy ride for me, lol.
    Yes, I did send my thieves (at that point ninjas) party after Warmech. It was very ugly. I don't think it's even possible, really.

Cunt Alert!
    *CAN YOU READ THAT?

BTW - QFT on the eye strain

Shriner
    Yes, I did send my thieves (at that point ninjas) party after Warmech. It was very ugly. I don't think it's even possible, really.
    ouch I would think so

finally beat that challenge...only took me about a month lol it's just not easy it seems...maybe my luck was bad

You've heard it talked about incessantly, and you've heard me chime in with "thieves is harder!" Well, ponder that question no more! I am playing with all White Mages (and confirming for all of those who had any doubt my lack of a life). So far, I'm getting a very strong sense that Thieves was indeed harder, but we'll see if the latter parts of the game get worse. I know the very beginning was worse for WMs, but once you learn Ruse with everybody it gets much easier than Thieves.

Further, I will have bragging rights beyond what I ever could have imagined. I will post again with updates on my progress.

Currently, I am in Elfland leveling up. I am at level 4. With thieves, I could never have leveled up here; the creeps would've torn me apart, but with Ruse it's actually quite doable to fight groups of Ogres and Creeps.
    LOL.

I see the post is dated 2008, I started playing and beating Final Fantasy with different variations of quartets, and one day pondered. Who in the heck would even try to beat the game with 4 White Mages. To hear it is harder to play with four Thieves/Ninjas was very interesting to hear, and I will have to think about why that would be so. But, don't worry, I believe you when you state that they are in fact harder.

I won't even attempt the task of four white mages on the old NES version of the game. But now I must try it with the Android phone version of he game. Sounds like it won't be too hard, and I will learn some cool tricks about the game.

Thanks for the hysterically funny story.

"the creeps would've torn me apart" - LOL.....damn that is funny.

Heal the body, heal the heart... Enkidoh's Avatar
    Welcome!

Ah, the old 'Four White Mages' run, that's a blast from the past. Normally I'd close such an old thread but your post is relevant and well written, plus, the thread is about White Mages. So I'm going to leave this active.
    enkffxisig-new-small

I've been playing FF1 for years now... helps me fall asleep (lol). I've done all the 4xClass runthroughs... mostly on original FF1 (with NES emulators) (on my old PSP - it's pretty awesome)

Anyway - tidbits to help:

1) When leveling at the start, once you have HRM2 you can try taking on ZomBulls at the Peninsula Of Power. Bring lots of 75gp tents for saving.

2) The very second you get the canoe, go immediately to the Citadel of Trials to pick up the Heal Staff and more importantly: the Gauntlet! Using the Gauntlet as an item casts LIT2 and makes things a lot easier.

Onion Kid
    This sounds so intense, especially with all the insta-death attacks that appear later in the game