Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: music that may NOT be posted for legal reasons. No Varese music and no threads for it

Onion Kid
    As far as I've been able to decipher, music from rythym games (i.e. not video game music; but official copyrighted albums etc.) is allowed to be posted? That means anyone can request any song they damn well please due to a game called Audiosurf using the music on your hardrive to play. This is mainly done with company owned music. This is something of a loophole that allows users to easily bypass the rules of the forum and isntantly enter illegal territory, with no reprucusions.

I am gay. I can say and do whatever I want.

in agreement here....

Quote Originally Posted by V Guyver View Post
    Well this is technically illegal. SO we should respect the wishes of those who don't want their music or the companies that own the rights to them uploaded here. But really, it does have it's benefits to the artists and we hear music we otherwise would never of come across. I had no idea that some of the old Romance of the Three Kingdoms music was done by Yoko Kanno.

Thanks to the website of really come to appreciate Hans Zimmer and others artists like Hayato Matsuo, Michiru Yamane, Kenji Ito, and Go Shiina. I've even come to appreciate nameless artists that many companies haven't really given much credit to such as the artists behind the Bonk and Hyper Wars videogames. So these days I actually do hunt down and try to buy some of their Cd's and sample works. Though it sucks that most of the stuff here can't be found in 99% of the local stores.

Up until a few years ago, I had little interest in music and much less in the artists that created them. That changed as I started to look up and listen to much of the music on this site.

Yet these artists need to make a living, and illegal copies of music do hurt their sales and thus their livelihood, even if we intend to buy their Cd's... there is no guarantee we will later for whatever reason or excuse that may pop up. So by all means, whomever requests something removed, then we must comply for the welfare of this site, and out of respect for those who have invested time, skill, and money into creating these works.

One thing to note though, I don't believe this site to be a major cause loss of sales. Despite all the music here. Many of us do buy it, and when people present arguments telling us that the struggling music industry is failing because of pirates and websites like ours. They are being pretty narrow minded since they are actually in fault for their own shortcomings. If The market hadn't gotten so stale with repetitive mainstream music (Endorsing rap was like like endorsing plagiarism to a degree.) and their refusal to embrace MP3's and online marketing opened up all their pirating problems to begin with. Really, It's gotten to the point that mainsteam music hardly sounds all that different from the next 20 songs following in the same station and even into the next couple.

i hate a good deal of the music now...because it is so much like the one before it. I like Nickelback, but many of their songs are the same and it's ridiculous. It's as if ...well we found a good beat lets go with it. Same for Three Doors Down.

Not at the table Carlos discodan's Avatar
    Will the new Depeche Mode - Fragile Tension be on there????

sig limit is 400x150

"It was once said by a man who couldn't quit...."

When does that come out, anyway?

Sarah
    no music represented by the RIAA should ever be posted here, obviously.

Not at the table Carlos discodan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shatai View Post
    When does that come out, anyway?
    Album dropping in April i believe.... first single out in March, apparently one track off the album (not first single) leaked by label

I aquired it over the weekend... not too hard to find either. for a quick listen hitmyspacemusic

i dont get the big deal. the musician was paid for the movie / game. so any cd sold is a bonus. a band however still gets money via radio/ tv and live gigs. however record labels waste money on promotion and glam.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    Music once was supposed to be for everyone's joy.
    Now it's only existing for creating profite for those people who have enough anyway.
    thats not quite true. labels take a huge chunk of the cut leaving the band with nothing. bands generally dont start to make money until their 2nd or 3rd album. for many its not enough to live on and they go back to their day jobs.

I was talking about labels (and superstars).

Attn Narco Cease & Desist

You must remove illegal distribution links from these and other similar sites:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

This is damaging to the artists involved.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock View Post
    I was talking about labels (and superstars).
    who cares about superstars. this is soundtracks movies and games. superstars get paid for from the radio stations, live gigs, music tv royalties, tv promos - live and now through rock band and guitar hero.

i already explained how soundtrack composers already get paid. i fail to see how "it's damaging" when in reality they get a monthly wage like everyone else gets to pay the rent and put food on the table.

the real issue is the used and rental games market which takes away every royalty due from the developer and publisher.

I bought the ArmCannon and Year 200X albums, as well as Game Over's albums and the Metroid Metal album with donating.
    My Game Over albums are even signatures with Wire's autograph.

slag it

Music from the composer Clinton Shorter is not to be posted on the forums.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Music from the composer Clinton Shorter is not to be posted on the forums.
    Why?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterZPrime View Post
    Why?
    Because of this [Hidden link. Register to see links.].
    My music & soundtrack collection....still updating!!

"Music is both the cause and the effect of universal harmony" - Confucius

Quote Originally Posted by Sanico View Post
    Because of this [Hidden link. Register to see links.].
    Can they prove they represent the composer?

I've been in contact with them, and yes, they can.

stop PM for re-up, ask on board. Simon B's Avatar
    Jessie RULES !!!
    ‫‬  [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    I've been in contact with them, and yes, they can.
    Then can I meet them?

Onion Kid
    "Piracy" is not theft. Nothing is being stolen here. No CD's are being filched. It may be splitting hairs, but some hairs should be split.

People, stop trying to justify your actions. You know it's wrong. If something is for sale, and you obtain it without paying for it, it's wrong. Simple as that. No excuses, no justifications, no technicalities.

I'm not against most downloading for several reasons, but everyone should purchase as much as they can.

Aren't composers usually paid for their work already when doing a score? So really the only thing in downloading a soundtrack that we hurt is additional funds from an OST.

So fair enough that we're hindering maximum profits to Mr. Shorter, but we're not STARVING him like his 'representative' would have you believe.

Quote Originally Posted by thejoyrider View Post
    who cares about superstars. this is soundtracks movies and games. superstars get paid for from the radio stations, live gigs, music tv royalties, tv promos - live and now through rock band and guitar hero.

i already explained how soundtrack composers already get paid. i fail to see how "it's damaging" when in reality they get a monthly wage like everyone else gets to pay the rent and put food on the table.

the real issue is the used and rental games market which takes away every royalty due from the developer and publisher.

Wrong, they get paid royalties for album and download sales too. Let's not hurt the artists that bring us such wonderful music?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by Major.Dump View Post
    Aren't composers usually paid for their work already when doing a score? So really the only thing in downloading a soundtrack that we hurt is additional funds from an OST.

So fair enough that we're hindering maximum profits to Mr. Shorter, but we're not STARVING him like his 'representative' would have you believe.
    Why is it fair to him that you can rationalize how much money he should be able to make? If you enjoy his music, pay for it.

You don't like scores, punk? restlessgypsy's Avatar
    @Sarah

About Varese albums:
    Does that include OOP releases?

Like, for instance, "Frankie Starlight", "Shocker", "Lure Of Wilderness", "The Stoning Of Soraya M.", "Rookie Of The Year", "Last Man Standing" (rejected), "Enemy Mine" ....?