Page 10 of 16 FirstFirst ... 45678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: music that may NOT be posted for legal reasons. No Varese music and no threads for it

Yes Calidoran is in the list of Jerry...so P.M. ????

"grand n00b shrinerist"
    according to the forum rules... yes

Thank my Friend for your good Advice !!!

Onion Kid
    MY GOD!!!! That's a shame

Nevertheless thanks for the advise

Quote Originally Posted by Yannis View Post
    I have a Nice Jerry and its at "Silver Age Classic" but on the Back Cover is "Twentieth Century Fox" Can I Post it "open" or I had to put "P.M ME" ( I start to be lost with all those companies )
    Thank in Advance !!!
    I am sure it's already been posted before anyways.

Which one is it?
    Last edited by WildwoodPark; 09-16-2012 at 06:23 PM.

Onion Kid
    how many post before i can post PM to someone

Quote Originally Posted by glencf View Post
    how many post before i can post PM to someone
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoran View Post
    The official number is 5 but it can take up to 6 or 7 before the forum enables it.

Banned
    all trailer music or just from two steps from hell albums????

Onion Kid
    Please, send me a PM with the OST (in lossless or mp3) D:!
    (Thanks for sharing!)

Onion Kid
    I do have some concerns, if anyone would be kind enough to explain things to me.. I wanted to download 17 discs of Tim Burton movie scores that someone posted. A friend told me about it, and I do love Danny Elfman's music quite a bit, but my concerns lie with legal issues. I'd really appreciate it if someone would reply to this post or pm me. Thanks ^_^

Bartender to Iris & Panda burneggroll's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Handsfreeglitch View Post
    I do have some concerns, if anyone would be kind enough to explain things to me.. I wanted to download 17 discs of Tim Burton movie scores that someone posted. A friend told me about it, and I do love Danny Elfman's music quite a bit, but my concerns lie with legal issues. I'd really appreciate it if someone would reply to this post or pm me. Thanks ^_^
    If you need to ask, don't do it until you understand the basic concept of [Hidden link. Register to see links.], and have consulted your local attorney(s). Laws are different everywhere. Copyright is a complex and controversial topic.

Ethically, it's a bit like dating your sister's best friend - is it right or wrong? - what will your mother think? - and will anyone get hurt?

All posts are for public interest purposes only. Commercial re-use is not authorized.

My Favorite Audios Checklist
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by burneggroll View Post
    Ethically, it's a bit like dating your sister's best friend - is it right or wrong? - what will your mother think? - and will anyone get hurt?
    ... Depending on the country it happens: South Africa, England, China, or Peru... not the same consequences... Hahaha !

professional sun praiser ROKUSHO's Avatar
    ...how or why the bloody fuck cant people post music from bioshock AND RE?
    what madness is this??
    Quote Originally Posted by HDHipHop1 View Post
    A lot of cereal nowadays is just candy dunked in milf.
    many of my posts are paid for by the department of redundancy deparment's payment
    as of recently and for the rest of winter, expect many typos. my hands are freezing during the night
    #gamefaqssupportswomenbeaters

Cool Heroes of Free Sharing

Quote Originally Posted by ROKUSHO View Post
    ...how or why the bloody fuck cant people post music from bioshock AND RE?
    what madness is this??
    You mean like they have a handicap? Because the rights holders asked nicely that they not be posted. If you are the rights holder you can do that. FFS does facilitate private sharing. Maybe somebody could send me some of that stuff, I never heard of it.

There are two schools of thought regarding free shares. 1). it steals sales, or 2). it promotes sales.

The most-read Portuguese fiction author in all of history, [Hidden link. Register to see links.] has published his works free online in 17 languages. Sales are up. He is now one of the top 10 best-selling authors in the world. I've heard of him. I tell people about him.

The Grateful Dead encouraged concert goers to tape their shows. They had only two rules; 1). don't block anyone's view, and 2). bring your own extension cords. They became millionaires and have the world's largest free musical catalog online, with over 2,000 concerts at [Hidden link. Register to see links.] I'll still buy their music, and you should too.
    Last edited by burneggroll; 11-17-2012 at 05:49 AM.

Grand Shriner
    Wow ! I forgot about that site ! Just found an outstanding sounding concert capture of Godspeed You Black Emperor !!! Thanks for the reminder burneggroll !

Now you've got to get a huge knowledge of all the bands for finding your style. °o°
    Last edited by Arial; 11-17-2012 at 06:43 PM.

Onion Kid
    Is Hans Zimmer on this list?
    Last edited by paulmaherjr; 11-24-2012 at 07:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paulmaherjr View Post
    Is Hans Zimmer on this list?
    The answer to your question is probably Yes, No, Maybe. Depends on individual song. He has a bigger back catalog than the Beatles. Search FFS for Hans Zimmer gives 216 results. Some productions are in the public domain: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (Noted: in the EU, live performances cannot be copyrighted.) Give it a go. He's a great listen.

You should ask him. But, he probably doesn't know. Songs written while he worked at Disney, were probably owned by Disney. Copyrights for the over 100 movie soundtracks were probably held by the individual movie companies, or maybe the distributors.
    Last edited by burneggroll; 11-24-2012 at 11:10 PM.

The answer to your question is probably Yes, No, Maybe.
    O'rly? Probably so?
    Noted: in the EU, live performances cannot be copyrighted.
    O'rly? Well, they can prohibit filming. Happened last Rock in Rio Lisboa. Limp Bizkit and Metallica allowed a TV channel (SIC Radical, I think) to show them live, Linkin Park didn't. I remember it for that. They can at least do that and if they can I doubt their own commercial recording would be up for grabs and free to share by anyone who bought it and ripped.

Also, Paulo Coelho is brazilian. Though he does write in Portuguese, if that's what you meant. Some semblance of it, anyway, brazilian form mangles the language.
    It's ironic you should point him out as an example of free sharing, coupled with the irony of this book of his I randomly picked out of my shelf, in which half of the initial info - before the story proper - is about copyrights and the prohibition of any fathomable form of copying, either for public or private use. Not that I think it's the odd case rather than the rule, but it happens to be the first book in which I see it stated in this detail.
    Because some things are just worth fighting for.

@ Banzay: Thanks for updating my memory. Yours is a fine addition to the controversy. Yeah, many concerts prohibit recording devices. Just because an item is in the Public Domain doesn't mean you can't get your ass sued. I thought it was Metallica that objected to free sharing. Yes, Coelho is Brazilian, and his publisher does oppose his free sharing.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeC View Post
    Sometimes i just wish to be a mod of this place.
    you can become a mod just you will have to give a nice treat to all the members here on this forum here

Um Brasileiro no Mundo Isaias Caetano's Avatar
    I have not found any restriction as to label Kritzerland.
    Continues so?

Thank you,
    Isaias Caetano

I would like some clarification on something.

The rule stipulate that nothing from Varese is allowed on here. Okay, so does that mean that I can post up a thread and if anyone wants the link they can PM me, and that is alright? Or is the simple act of posting a thread with information on it and offering the link a violation of the rules as well?

I've seen a few threads where the links are not included and you have to contact the OP to get it, and I was wondering if that was the loophole that allows us to still share the music.

I'm asking because I have the soundtrack to Carnivale (former HBO series) and according to the Amazon page it's put out by Varese Sarabande (label wise).

I was going to post it and just have people PM me for the link if interested, but I don't want to cause problems.

Thanks a lot!

Yeah you can create a thread for those labels, but you can't post links openly on the forum.

I search the score from Mark Isham Stolen

Quote Originally Posted by Jessie View Post
    Yeah you can create a thread for those labels, but you can't post links openly on the forum.
    Thank you for your help. Soundtrack is now posted (link to thread in my sig).