Page 1 of 14 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people say X-2 was a terrible game?

Question Why do people say X-2 was a terrible game?

OK, it wasn't as good as say, X or XII, but in my opinion, it wasn't a dreadful game. While I'm willing to admit the plot was a little loose (Shuyin was one of the worst villains ever) and the dressphere/ability system wasn't as in depth as it could've been, I feel the game did what it was intended to do, that is, be a light-hearted sequel to FFX that focused on Yuna, with a moderately interesting plot of its own...

The fact that the game following FFX was such an upbeat, light hearted, 'girl power'-game probably disappointed a good lot of people. I liked it, though, but I believe I'm fairly alone in that sentiment.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

It was to be expected though - FF X was a dark and sad story, in a suffering world. People expected FF X-2 to follow this, but it didn't.

In A Dream .. My Own Fantasy
    Reasons believing because :
    1> Its not like the original PS1 versions where it had good storylines and basicly overall good gameplay.
    2>FF X was mostly focused on Yuna more then Tidus.
    3>FF X-2 is a terrible even reviews said "its only for people who like to see that kinda "stuff".
    4>Once it hit PS2 it sucked because they thought it would be better because graphics wise and gameplay wise.
    5>Who in the world would want to go back again to the same places from FF X? Oh wow a little changing here and there and some remixed music plus some "new" added bosses seriously?

Come on Rikku has barely even clothing on besides when changing dresssphere. Yuna almost turned out to be a slut (srry but its true >.<). Paine is just..well Paine >.>.

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Atoli, you are a complete fucktard. Practically every single thing you said in that post is completely idiotic.

1. Original PS1 games? The PS1 games were based on the NES and SNES games. The stories of those games are very much in dispute. And on top of that, to imply that the PS1 games had better gameplay is stupidity of the highest order.
    2. So what? There's no point there.
    3. X-2 was well-received by critics. It has a metascore of 85, and was rated over 90 by most of the major sites/publications.
    4. No one in their right mind expected a drastic improvement in the graphics, and the gameplay was indisputably the best of any FF game using an ATB system.
    5. Perhaps the 4 million people who bought the game.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavka View Post
    Why do people say X-2 was a terrible game?
    Because "people" are idiots. Also, anyone intelligent around here likes X-2. I'll admit at first the different style took some getting used to, but the game grew on me pretty fast.

Kyoshiro
    Quote Originally Posted by Sobye View Post
    The fact that the game following FFX was such an upbeat, light hearted, 'girl power'-game probably disappointed a good lot of people. I liked it, though, but I believe I'm fairly alone in that sentiment.
    the main theme "Real Emotion kicked ass
    Minupin Kaze no Koe ~ Without light let the Divine Wind
    flow

Divide, if it would just...then retaliate, we may.
    FF X-2 might have been hated by a lot of people but they just saw the front of the cover and judged by that. People who said it was stupid might have never even played it or not even 5 minutes into the game and say "oh it sucks". But despite the facts both FF-X and X-2 were very good games and pretty much a very long fun Rpg. Sad they used Omega Weapon as a normal monster then boss in FF X-2 T.T.

Life for Final Fantasy FainaruFantaji's Avatar
    I loved that game and I still love it, maybe it was a bit different, but it kept that nice and warm thing that made FF to be FF.

OCD - Orange Chicken Diabetics PirateZan's Avatar
    The game wasn't all that bad, but the aspects that turned me off the most while playing were the extraordinary over-mushy scenes over nothing sometimes, and Yuna herself
    Rikku and Paine I have no problem with, but Yuna just irritated the hell outta me for some reason

yuna irritated the hell out of me, too.
    i thought it was a pretty good game, a bit short but a great sequel to ffx, which i found to be a very big game.

i didnt mind the girl power aspect actually, but lets face it...this isn't a game ur gonna play when hanging out with the guys

Quote Originally Posted by virtualchan View Post
    i didnt mind the girl power aspect actually, but lets face it...this isn't a game ur gonna play when hanging out with the guys
    Nor is any Final Fantasy game.
    Because Orphans Don't Have Parents

With a username like yours, I have to ask: Where you abandoned by your parents and raised in a Orphanage? If so, that explains a lot. If not, that still explains a lot.

Hands off my bread! Psycho_Cyan's Avatar
    Why do people say X-2 was a terrible game?
    Probably because it isn't chock full of the emo wankery that made the most popular FF games, well, popular. Yuna and Rikku just helped SAVE THE DAMN WORLD. Even emo wanker-king Squall went to a huge party after they saved the world from Ultimecia.
    Thanks to Garamond for the sig/ava!

Come on Rikku has barely even clothing on besides when changing dresssphere. Yuna almost turned out to be a slut (srry but its true >.<). Paine is just..well Paine >.>.
    What a shit reason to hate the game, how exactly does this contribute to whether people like the game or not?

Sig too big

If less is more the i'm a rich man
    I thought it was great game in its own right.
    True, it's a completely different style to FFX but i found that refreshing and the battle and dressphere systems were intuitive in my opinion.
    Plus, you cant argue with the fact it sold multiple millions of copies.

On the lookout for terrorists and liberals. Ceidwad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Master View Post
    What a shit reason to hate the game, how exactly does this contribute to whether people like the game or not?
    TM, the day you contribute one decent argument of your own to one of these god damned debates, then you can pass judgement on other peoples' arguments. Right now, you're just proving to everyone what an attention whore you are.

Also, welcome, smariman, a fellow Welshman!

If less is more the i'm a rich man
    Thanks for the warm welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackOmen View Post
    the main theme "Real Emotion kicked ass
    It sucked, and it nearly made me toss the game away when I saw the opening cinematics. Real Emotion is the worst song ever to be associated with a Final Fantasy game.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceidwad_yr_Arfau View Post
    TM, the day you contribute one decent argument of your own to one of these god damned debates, then you can pass judgement on other peoples' arguments. Right now, you're just proving to everyone what an attention whore you are.

I think I can pass judgement on what ever I want without your permission. Whatever you think the case is, I do not care. I am not an attention whore. If I want to call on someone for having shit reasons for liking or disliking a game, then I can call on them if I want.

Quote Originally Posted by Sobye View Post
    It sucked, and it nearly made me toss the game away when I saw the opening cinematics. Real Emotion is the worst song ever to be associated with a Final Fantasy game.
    Well it's not THAT bad, I mean yea that song isn't manly what so ever
    but it's not that bad either

You Can't Have a Morning Set if It's Evening. Mierna's Avatar
    Maybe it's me, or girls just naturally like this kind of game. Heh, Square attracting girl gamers.
    ~Mierna~

Quote Originally Posted by Mierna View Post
    Maybe it's me, or girls just naturally like this kind of game. Heh, Square attracting girl gamers.
    That's because Square likes to validate its Heterosexual status

On the lookout for terrorists and liberals. Ceidwad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by The Master View Post
    I think I can pass judgement on what ever I want without your permission. Whatever you think the case is, I do not care. I am not an attention whore. If I want to call on someone for having shit reasons for liking or disliking a game, then I can call on them if I want.
    You are an attention whore because you hardly ever post genuinely intuitive comments in these debates. You just stand back and pick at individual retarded comments, as if that somehow makes you look cool. At least Atoli was contributing some actual reason to the debate, albeit the reasoning was flawed and badly presented. You just convieniently ignored the rest of Atoli's post and made no effort to rationally address anything given there, preferring to pick one badly-presented comment for derision.

In short, if you must mock someone, address the whole post and back up your opinions with superior reasoning. Otherwise, you are simply an attention whore.

You are an attention whore because you hardly ever post genuinely intuitive comments in these debates.
    Doesn't make me an attention whore at all, I fail to see how this grabs the attention of the thread, or even TRIES to.

You just stand back and pick at individual retarded comments, as if that somehow makes you look cool.
    I pick at individual comments because they are retarded, it's that simple, nothing "cool about it at all.

You just convieniently ignored the rest of Atoli's post and made no effort to rationally address anything given there, preferring to pick one badly-presented comment for derision.
    Because the rest of the post had been picked apart, I decided to pick at the only part that hadn't, CLEARLY I AM A ATTENTION WHORE.

In short, if you must mock someone, address the whole post and back up your opinions with superior reasoning. Otherwise, you are simply an attention whore.
    You expect me to give insightfull reasoning on a game I haven't played? This is partly why I didn't question the rest of his post, disliking a game because of what the charecters wear and saying something like "Paine is just...Paine" seems retarded even to someone like me. Someone who hasn't even played the game, if calling on someone for something as retarded as this is attention whoring, please stick your head in a furnace because you are very stupid.