Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 175 of 344

Thread: Why do people say X-2 was a terrible game?

  1. #151
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    9
    Final Fantasy X-2 is the ultimate camp in video games. It was great.

  2. #152
    If less is more the i'm a rich man
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    good ol' Wales
    Posts
    44
    haha, i totally agree

  3. #153
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13
    I actually thought X-2 was very good gameplay-wise. Of course that wasn't the main reason i bought the game. I was really looking forward to the sequel of FFX because the ending left me so unsatisfied. I was very disappointed with the story and the cheesy characters but the 100% challenge the fact that you can keep your items after you beat it made it very fun. I also think it has the best replay value of all final fantasys . Would've been nice though if there were more characters and something that made each character different from one another, like a limit break or difference in stat increase. It just bothered me that all three characters were really no different from each other in terms of abilities and stats.

  4. #154
    Onion Kid ajax316's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10
    Some dumbs dont like final fantasy X2 because they didnt got what the game was actually meant to do...
    The other reason is no-one expected complete girl dominance..

    i said dumbs dont like FFX2....same suggests the fact that FFX2 got great scores i.e. 90+ in all major game review sites because the editors and critics there understand the deepness of the game and what it was meant to do...

  5. #155
    Maybe we don't exist... Harkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,643
    What do you think the game was meant to do then?
    Sorry Player, I'm Noriega crossed with Schwarzenegger
    The orphan maker, orchestrate your fate in a torture chamber

  6. #156
    Onion Kid ajax316's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by Harkus View Post
    What do you think the game was meant to do then?
    These should help you


    - IGN
    "Square Enix returns to the world of Spira with a new attitude and new gameplay for one of the PlayStation 2's best videogames yet."



    GAME CHRONICLES

    Building off of one of the most beloved stories in the history of gaming, Final Fantasy X-2 paints an epic tale while sporting an uncommonly, enjoyably light-hearted approach to much of it. It holds its own not just as a sequel but as a true, full-fledged Final Fantasy title in its own right. The title's revamped combat is the nicest surprise I've received all year and the class-changing system is a blast to use. With spot-on music and voice acting, and the always spectacular graphics of the series, Final Fantasy X-2 is a winner on all counts and the most refreshing RPG experience I've had in a long time.



    GAMESPOT
    "Ultimately, the game has an undeniable charm, thanks to its engaging story, high production values, and involving gameplay."



    WIKIPEDIA
    The English release of Final Fantasy X-2 won the Seventh Annual Academy of Interactive Arts & Sciences award in 2004 for Outstanding Achievement in Character Performance in recognition of the character Rikku

  7. #157
    Maybe we don't exist... Harkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,643
    You misunderstand my post, I know what this game was meant to do and I was dissapointed about it. I asked for what you thought of the game, I never asked for website quotes, I simply wanted to hear what you had to say considering everyone is dumb if they don'y understand it like apparently you do.

  8. #158
    zanarkand princess tidusfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    spira
    Posts
    288
    nobody really thinks the game was absolute crap that could not be played. But we were disappointed that it wasn't on par with it's predecessor or any other FF
    at the time. Though it's not as bad as FF12 in my opinion
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  9. #159
    Vidja-ma-game fanatic mintfresh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Poole, England, UK
    Posts
    80
    Hmmm, well, storywise, it wasn't very good, but the battle and dressphere systems were excellent. I also liked the mission based structure and the fact it gave a completion percentage.

    So basically, gameplay=good, story=not so good. It was fun to play though, and I'd still class it as a good game. It'd be above I,II,III, and XII, at the very least in my books, XII especially, which had the same thing, story=not so good, gameplay=good, except the gameplay in XII got boring, whereas in X-2 it didn't.

    Of course this is all opinion, overall I'm glad they made the game, and I think it has more replayability than most FFs.
    I don't want to control everything, I simply want people and events to mold themselves to my desires.

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  10. #160
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    4
    i like X-2 & thats all that matters. i dont give a fuck what anybody else thinks

  11. #161
    Eater of Souls Erebus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    147
    I don't outright hate X-2, but too many things got on my nerves for me to really enjoy it.

    Yuna and Rikku annoyed the hell out of me with their overdone bubbly personalities. On the other side of the scale I found Paine to be too bland and boring. I didn't particularly care about her or her past. Most of the crew of the Celsius was pretty damn annoying too as was Leblanc and her gang. Precious few characters grated on my nerves. Gippal, Baralai, Nooj, and Buddy were pretty much the only characters I could stand for more than five minutes.

    Yuna's insta-singing ability along with most of X-2 music was absolutely horrid. I think there was only about... two? Maybe three songs that I liked in the entire game. I might have liked Yuna Spears more if they'd cast a better English singer. The girl they got for her singing voice positively howled like a wounded cat at some points. Her singing during the credits especially makes me cringe. That really has no bearing on the game, but it's still horrible XD

    The dresspheres were kind of neat, but I also kind of wanted more variety in regard to their individual abilities. I liked the Mascot and Trainer dresspheres, anything with variation because it gave me the differences I craved. Berserker was a wicked dressphere too even though it didn't give me any variation.

    The bloody commspheres. I hated those so, so, so much. They were tedious and annoying. I was so happy to skip over them during my second playthrough. I saw no benefit to having them other than the amount of game % they gave you.

    The story bugged me too. I just couldn't get into it nor could I sympathize with Shuyin or Yuna. I wanted to give both Shuyin and Yuna a good boot in the arse at times.

    The battle system was pretty good, but the girls kept getting hung up on each other when fighting fiends. Even when I told them to attack a fiend right in front of their nose they'd still manage to somehow get caught up on each other.

    Also... Wakka and Lulu? Wtf #1? Lulu is pregnant? Wtf #2? Lulu does not look pregnant at all yet pops out a baby before the game ends? Wtf #3? True, all three of these things are small details, but they bugged me all the same.

    However, despite all that, I was compelled to play X-2 twice in order to get 100% and view the "perfect ending". But, even that annoyed me as getting 100% was bloody tedious and the "perfect ending" wasn't worth the aggravation. I'll also probably never play X-2 again and I like my games to have replay value [to replay it more than twice I mean ].

  12. #162
    Opeth rules. You should check them out. poptart fantastico's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    I can't remember.
    Posts
    477
    You were all just pissed off because it had tits and vaginas and hardly any dicks in it. *Ducks and runs*

    This is Opeth - the best progressive death metal band EVER.

  13. #163
    Eater of Souls Erebus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    147
    Not really true. The women were outnumbered by men.

  14. #164
    Onion Kid Ladykiller's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    The Windy City
    Posts
    26
    I agree with Erebus. For me, FFX-2 wasn't terrible, nor was it bad or even mediocre.

    I actually thought it was good, but not great. The thing that killed it for me was the lame story- the story was just AWFUL. And what I couldn't particularly stand was the craptastic dialogue. (who wrote the damn script for it?) The list goes on, but they're mostly just minor nitpicks like the annoying commsphere dialogues and the ones that Erebus mentioned which that doesn't significantly impact the game in a terrible way for me. I did, however, like the kick-ass battle system, dress spheres, and the overall light hearted feeling of it.

  15. #165
    Maybe we don't exist... Harkus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    1,643
    Compared to most FF games it is pretty bad.

  16. #166
    zanarkand princess tidusfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    spira
    Posts
    288
    The funny thing is as much as real emotion was laughable if you listen to any of jade/sweetbox's other songs they are rather good. I would bet that if they let her rewrite and sing the songs they would have been much better I doubt anyone will believe me but you should see for your self
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ffx-2 op
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] a song off of her new album.
    sounds a lot better then real emotion if you ask me lol.
    Not that it was the only problem with the game though

  17. #167
    RIP FFShrine: 2001-2010 Olde's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,178
    The game depended on Tidus (or whatever you named him) not being a dream, which, of course, he was. So Yuna's basically chasing after something that's inevitably contrary to her hopes. Plus, Vegnagun was a stupid addition, but what was worse was the presence of the New Yevon group, even though it was shown that Yevon was a major bad guy in FFX.

    Compared to other Final Fantasies, it's lacking. Considered just as a game, it's pretty good.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1982_tarheels View Post
    Reddas is the guy who got his brains blown out by Travolta in the backseat of Jules' car.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRay View Post
    Oh, now i get it...

    Your Posts aren't meant to be ironic... You actually think you're funny....
    I fucking hate FFShrine.

  18. #168
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    129
    I have been thinking about this for a while, and there were many problem with the game. Having beaten FFV recently, I see were FFX-2 truly missed the point. The class system, the aeons, the musical score, and choice of job classes. Now, I must say, it's not the worst game on the PS2, or even the worst game of all time, weve all seen games that were so much more horrid then X-2, but there is no denying that X-2 was likely the worst in the series. As stated, i will now explain myself fully.

    The class system. This was ingenius at the time, were yiou could swap between classes, which is pretty neat, and the fact that you can learn stronger moves faster is cool. However, all of this means nothing if you can't equip any of the abilities you learned to your characters. Meaning your characters have to do a giant grindfest to get every fucking dressphere, so you're character's are strong enough to fight the last boss. Who, is rather shit anyways, but it defeats the fucking purpose of having a class system if you ask me.

    Now we get to the aeons, who played a very important role in the original Final Fantasy X. Now, their role is nothing, except for "beat them and stuff." What the fuck? I mean, you guys could've involved them in the story a bit more... like "beat them, then use them" THAT'S what made Final Fantasy games awesome in the first place. I mean, Yuna may have given up being a Summoner, but that change the fact that she could still know how to call them? No going through Cloister of Trials, no reason to use aeons, or summon magic. WHAT THE HELL! I see no pratical reason to exclude the aeons from the story this fucking much, moreso, that you can't even use them, even after you wooped their asses? Man, it's fucked.

    Now to the staple of all Final Fantasy games: The musical score. Now, it's usually bliss, and there is usually nothing wrong with it. I mean, Nobuo Uematsu is a legend right? Oh... wait... he had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with this game. NOW I KNOW WHY THE MUSIC IN THIS GAME IS GARBAGE! I mean, putting Real Emotion aside, that is actually a catchy song, despite it being very lame. No, the score completely changed. i mean, the battle music is basically a poor, poor, poor excuse for 70's-80's pop rock. I know, it was supposed to have a Charlie's Angels feel to the game, but there is no reason why tracks like Fanfare, and the Prelude aren't included. Now, back to Uematsu. During the production of FFX-2, Uematsu formally left Square Enix, and started Smile Please, to work with other companies including Square, and Mistwalker. Now, he might not have had much time to have his supervision over the game, but he really should've been there, because the game could've really used his music. Not some bland pop shit that makes you hit the mute button on your remote every damn time.

    Now, we get to the choice of the classes. Here, we have such staple classes such White Mage, Black Mage, Blue Mage (well, Gun mage, but still), Warrior, Thief, Samurai, and others. But, we also have classes like Mascot, Lady Luck, Berserker, Dark Knight, Songstress, and the special classes. Now, alot of these classes are great, Warrior, and Samurai are very powerful. Dark Knight reminds me of FFIV and the best male protagonist ever in a FF game, Cecil. But, there is no Paladin class, which is depressing, considering how powerful Cecil was in the game. Now, Black Mage, White Mage, Thief, Lady Luck, the special classes, Gun Mage, Berserker, Trainer and Chemist are all lame in this game. Usually, Black Mage is the best in the game, but without Flare, it's depressing, and the Garment Grid system pretty much defeats the purpose of having a black mage. Thief is lame.. but that's pretty much expected considering what the Dressphere looks like... I'm trying to play this game, not learn how to become a rapist. The special classes? it's basically a horrid substitute for the aeons. And they look horrible too; seriously, Paine's looks like an accident waiting to happen. Yuna's is a giant vagina joke, and Rikku's... actually, it's not bad, but you get what I'm saying. Now, they totally neglected such awesome classes such as Dragoon, and Ninja. they could of easily put those in there. Hell, they should've had Beastmaster instead of tamer, it would make learning those Blue Mage skills alot easier. speaking of which, in FFV you only have to hit your blue mage once, and everyone will learn the spell. It's ridiculous.

    Now, i'm probably neglecting many other flaws, but these ones, for me take the cake. They could've done so much more, but hey; what can you do.

  19. #169
    IT'S A TRAP Zak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,278
    Everyone seems to hate the CommSpheres... why? I found that to be the most interesting/amusing part of the game.

    Of course, if you're trying to go for 100% and see getting them all as a chore, that I can understand, but as a free thing that was actually my favorite part of the whole game.

    Music bad you say? Well, the battle music might not be all that, but I can't see why any sane person would like X's Guadosalam better than X-2's.

    Or the music in Zanarkand Ruins... though I agree with you that the battle themes were awful and putting their own fanfare in was a bad idea.

    But you gotta admit, the chase music known as "Under Bevelle" was awesome (NOT the dark mysterious music played under Bevelle). I don't know why they called it that, it's used it a lot of chase scenes outside there too.

  20. #170
    Eater of Souls Erebus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    147
    I hated the commspheres because I didn't really care when flat-stomached Lulu was having her baby, that Wakka couldn't keep still, what Lian and Aide were doing, how frenetic Yaibal had become, or who else didn't really care about respecting the Ronso's sacred hot springs. Except for the few hints you get about the game I found the conversations in the commspheres to be some of the most boring and pointless ones in the entire game.

    X-2 Zanarkand's music sounded like a porn score. High-class porn music, but porn music nonetheless. I couldn't keep a straight face in Zanarkand. I kept giggling.

    X-2 Guadosalam's theme annoyed the hell out of me. In fact I muted most of X-2 and listened to my own music when I was running around the "world map".

    But yes, I did rather enjoy both of X-2 Bevelle's themes. So that's two of the possible three songs that I actually liked. I cannot think of the third for the life of me though. Maybe it was only two...

  21. #171
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    I don't outright hate X-2, but too many things got on my nerves for me to really enjoy it.

    Yuna and Rikku annoyed the hell out of me with their overdone bubbly personalities. On the other side of the scale I found Paine to be too bland and boring. I didn't particularly care about her or her past. Most of the crew of the Celsius was pretty damn annoying too as was Leblanc and her gang. Precious few characters grated on my nerves. Gippal, Baralai, Nooj, and Buddy were pretty much the only characters I could stand for more than five minutes.
    How do you expect them to act, after what transpired in FFX, exactly?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    Yuna's insta-singing ability along with most of X-2 music was absolutely horrid. I think there was only about... two? Maybe three songs that I liked in the entire game. I might have liked Yuna Spears more if they'd cast a better English singer. The girl they got for her singing voice positively howled like a wounded cat at some points. Her singing during the credits especially makes me cringe. That really has no bearing on the game, but it's still horrible XD
    Be that as it may, it doesnt mean its BAD. And it fits with the mood of the game so it at least makes sense.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    The dresspheres were kind of neat, but I also kind of wanted more variety in regard to their individual abilities. I liked the Mascot and Trainer dresspheres, anything with variation because it gave me the differences I craved. Berserker was a wicked dressphere too even though it didn't give me any variation.
    Lets see, we have White Mage, Black Mage, Bushido, Dark Knight, Berserker, Mascot, Trainer and numerous others. Just how much variety do you want????

    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    The bloody commspheres. I hated those so, so, so much. They were tedious and annoying. I was so happy to skip over them during my second playthrough. I saw no benefit to having them other than the amount of game % they gave you.
    More like, they're something fresh and different from running around all the time.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    The story bugged me too. I just couldn't get into it nor could I sympathize with Shuyin or Yuna. I wanted to give both Shuyin and Yuna a good boot in the arse at times.
    It's not the greatest story in the world granted, but its solid enough, well paced and there are no glaringly obvious plot holes.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    The battle system was pretty good, but the girls kept getting hung up on each other when fighting fiends. Even when I told them to attack a fiend right in front of their nose they'd still manage to somehow get caught up on each other.
    Um, what? I have never seen anything like this. It sounds to me you're trying to come up with as much bullshit as possible to try and reinforce your already weak arguements against the game.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    Also... Wakka and Lulu? Wtf #1? Lulu is pregnant? Wtf #2? Lulu does not look pregnant at all yet pops out a baby before the game ends? Wtf #3? True, all three of these things are small details, but they bugged me all the same.
    Amazing what can happen in 2 years isnt it? Who'd have thought that living in the same villiage, being guardians for the same person and going on the quest that saves the world would bring 2 people close together!

    Quote Originally Posted by Harkus View Post
    Compared to most FF games it is pretty bad.
    No, it isnt.

    Quote Originally Posted by MattTheParanoidKat View Post
    I have been thinking about this for a while, and there were many problem with the game. Having beaten FFV recently, I see were FFX-2 truly missed the point. The class system, the aeons, the musical score, and choice of job classes. Now, I must say, it's not the worst game on the PS2, or even the worst game of all time, weve all seen games that were so much more horrid then X-2, but there is no denying that X-2 was likely the worst in the series. As stated, i will now explain myself fully.
    What is the point exactly? Where is the law that says all games in the same franchise must follow an exact set of rules? Why must they all be emo faggot fests, like FFVII?

    Quote Originally Posted by MattTheParanoidKat View Post
    The class system. This was ingenius at the time, were yiou could swap between classes, which is pretty neat, and the fact that you can learn stronger moves faster is cool. However, all of this means nothing if you can't equip any of the abilities you learned to your characters. Meaning your characters have to do a giant grindfest to get every fucking dressphere, so you're character's are strong enough to fight the last boss. Who, is rather shit anyways, but it defeats the fucking purpose of having a class system if you ask me.
    This is no different then ANY other FF game. At least X-2 tried something new and made the actual combat as fluid as they could.

    Quote Originally Posted by MattTheParanoidKat View Post
    Now we get to the aeons, who played a very important role in the original Final Fantasy X. Now, their role is nothing, except for "beat them and stuff." What the fuck? I mean, you guys could've involved them in the story a bit more... like "beat them, then use them" THAT'S what made Final Fantasy games awesome in the first place. I mean, Yuna may have given up being a Summoner, but that change the fact that she could still know how to call them? No going through Cloister of Trials, no reason to use aeons, or summon magic. WHAT THE HELL! I see no pratical reason to exclude the aeons from the story this fucking much, moreso, that you can't even use them, even after you wooped their asses? Man, it's fucked.
    Probably because they're dead....

    Quote Originally Posted by MattTheParanoidKat View Post
    Now to the staple of all Final Fantasy games: The musical score. Now, it's usually bliss, and there is usually nothing wrong with it. I mean, Nobuo Uematsu is a legend right? Oh... wait... he had ABSOLUTELY nothing to do with this game. NOW I KNOW WHY THE MUSIC IN THIS GAME IS GARBAGE! I mean, putting Real Emotion aside, that is actually a catchy song, despite it being very lame. No, the score completely changed. i mean, the battle music is basically a poor, poor, poor excuse for 70's-80's pop rock. I know, it was supposed to have a Charlie's Angels feel to the game, but there is no reason why tracks like Fanfare, and the Prelude aren't included. Now, back to Uematsu. During the production of FFX-2, Uematsu formally left Square Enix, and started Smile Please, to work with other companies including Square, and Mistwalker. Now, he might not have had much time to have his supervision over the game, but he really should've been there, because the game could've really used his music. Not some bland pop shit that makes you hit the mute button on your remote every damn time.
    This is so absurd it made me laugh. The music, despite whether you like it not, FITS WITH THE ATOMESPHERE OF THE GAME. Also, Charlies Angels? Who's Charlie in the game then?

    Quote Originally Posted by MattTheParanoidKat View Post
    Now, we get to the choice of the classes. Here, we have such staple classes such White Mage, Black Mage, Blue Mage (well, Gun mage, but still), Warrior, Thief, Samurai, and others. But, we also have classes like Mascot, Lady Luck, Berserker, Dark Knight, Songstress, and the special classes. Now, alot of these classes are great, Warrior, and Samurai are very powerful. Dark Knight reminds me of FFIV and the best male protagonist ever in a FF game, Cecil. But, there is no Paladin class, which is depressing, considering how powerful Cecil was in the game. Now, Black Mage, White Mage, Thief, Lady Luck, the special classes, Gun Mage, Berserker, Trainer and Chemist are all lame in this game. Usually, Black Mage is the best in the game, but without Flare, it's depressing, and the Garment Grid system pretty much defeats the purpose of having a black mage. Thief is lame.. but that's pretty much expected considering what the Dressphere looks like... I'm trying to play this game, not learn how to become a rapist. The special classes? it's basically a horrid substitute for the aeons. And they look horrible too; seriously, Paine's looks like an accident waiting to happen. Yuna's is a giant vagina joke, and Rikku's... actually, it's not bad, but you get what I'm saying. Now, they totally neglected such awesome classes such as Dragoon, and Ninja. they could of easily put those in there. Hell, they should've had Beastmaster instead of tamer, it would make learning those Blue Mage skills alot easier. speaking of which, in FFV you only have to hit your blue mage once, and everyone will learn the spell. It's ridiculous.
    Bawwwwwwwwwwwww

  22. #172
    Eater of Souls Erebus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    147
    How do you expect them to act, after what transpired in FFX, exactly?
    I expected them to act as they did in FFX. It seemed like the whole X experience made Yuna regress instead of mature. And Rikku's bubbly personality was tolerable in X. In my opinion they ramped up her personality in X-2 to the point that it became unbearable at points. Everything was overdone.

    Be that as it may, it doesnt mean its BAD. And it fits with the mood of the game so it at least makes sense.
    Could you specify as to what you're first statement is referring to? As for the second I found that some of the music did not fit. Yes, some of the scores did indeed fit with the area you were currently exploring, but it was quite painful or annoying to listen to. Just because it fits in with the mood of the game doesn't make it GOOD.

    Lets see, we have White Mage, Black Mage, Bushido, Dark Knight, Berserker, Mascot, Trainer and numerous others. Just how much variety do you want????
    I said I wanted more variety among the abilities. White Mage, Black Mage, Samurai, Dark Knight, and Berserker all have the same abilities. Which is why I said I liked dresspheres like Mascot and Trainer because they had varying abilities. I also said that I liked Berserker despite its lack of varying abilities.

    More like, they're something fresh and different from running around all the time.
    You may find sitting around listening to people prattle on about the most boring and pointless things "fresh and different" but I certainly don't.

    It's not the greatest story in the world granted, but its solid enough, well paced and there are no glaringly obvious plot holes.
    "Solid enough" isn't good enough for me to really enjoy a game. If that's good enough for you then more power to you.

    Um, what? I have never seen anything like this. It sounds to me you're trying to come up with as much bullshit as possible to try and reinforce your already weak arguements against the game.
    Ha ha. Because you personally haven't seen it means it hasn't happened? It's happened to me and several of my friends. I even saw someone around here on the forums complaining of this phenomena.

    Amazing what can happen in 2 years isnt it? Who'd have thought that living in the same villiage, being guardians for the same person and going on the quest that saves the world would bring 2 people close together!
    And yet there was absolutely no basis for it set up in X. Wakka and Lulu both demonstrate respect for each other and are obviously friends, but I saw no romantic inklings whatsoever. Nor did I see anything in Lulu's character that suggested that she'd settle down and have a child in a mere two years. The match makes no sense and that is the point. The things you listed are not enough to build a romantic relationship on, let alone marriage and a child. It all felt like a weak excuse to push Wakka and Lulu to the sidelines.

    I have no clue as to why you're being overtly hostile over any of this. I'm guessing that X-2 is one of your favorites and you can't stand anything negative being said about it? If that is the case and my opinion of X-2 offended you then I truly am sorry, but I will always stand by my opinion. I say again that I did not hate X-2, but I could not find it really enjoyable either because of the reasons already listed.

  23. #173
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    9,503
    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    I expected them to act as they did in FFX. It seemed like the whole X experience made Yuna regress instead of mature. And Rikku's bubbly personality was tolerable in X. In my opinion they ramped up her personality in X-2 to the point that it became unbearable at points. Everything was overdone.
    You're missing the point completely.

    And to expect them to act the same as FFX is downright stupid, frankly.

    Picture it, you've been living in a world of fear and terror all your life, suddenly all that is gone and you are free to live and enjoy life. How would you act?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    I said I wanted more variety among the abilities. White Mage, Black Mage, Samurai, Dark Knight, and Berserker all have the same abilities. Which is why I said I liked dresspheres like Mascot and Trainer because they had varying abilities. I also said that I liked Berserker despite its lack of varying abilities.
    To the best of my memory, each DS had about 8-12 different skills each. Just what the fuck do you want from the game? And way to contradict yourself.

    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    You may find sitting around listening to people prattle on about the most boring and pointless things "fresh and different" but I certainly don't.
    Good for you. It's not exactly pointless when you consider you're rewarded for watching everything throughly.


    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    "Solid enough" isn't good enough for me to really enjoy a game. If that's good enough for you then more power to you.
    Considering the tripe thats endlessly produced in game after game, yes it is good enough for me. If I want a riveting, entralling storyline, ill read a book. Storyline is a very small factor in what makes a good game, anyway.


    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    Ha ha. Because you personally haven't seen it means it hasn't happened? It's happened to me and several of my friends. I even saw someone around here on the forums complaining of this phenomena.
    Prove how this so called phenomena interferes with or disrupts a battle in any way.


    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    And yet there was absolutely no basis for it set up in X. Wakka and Lulu both demonstrate respect for each other and are obviously friends, but I saw no romantic inklings whatsoever. Nor did I see anything in Lulu's character that suggested that she'd settle down and have a child in a mere two years. The match makes no sense and that is the point. The things you listed are not enough to build a romantic relationship on, let alone marriage and a child. It all felt like a weak excuse to push Wakka and Lulu to the sidelines.
    Amazing how things change over time, isnt it?

    Quote Originally Posted by Erebus View Post
    I have no clue as to why you're being overtly hostile over any of this. I'm guessing that X-2 is one of your favorites and you can't stand anything negative being said about it? If that is the case and my opinion of X-2 offended you then I truly am sorry, but I will always stand by my opinion. I say again that I did not hate X-2, but I could not find it really enjoyable either because of the reasons already listed.
    No, I enjoyed the game nothing more. I played it to 100% and then moved on.

    And if you do not have the thick skin required to debate with people here, I suggest you find another forum as there are plenty of other people who are better debaters and indeed much more abrasive then me who would be willing to debate with you should they desire it.

  24. #174
    Eater of Souls Erebus's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    147
    You're missing the point completely.

    And to expect them to act the same as FFX is downright stupid, frankly.

    Picture it, you've been living in a world of fear and terror all your life, suddenly all that is gone and you are free to live and enjoy life. How would you act?
    I expected them (Yuna moreso) to mature from their experience, not regress. Yuna was quite mature for her age in X. That is what I expected from her. For her to learn from X and mature. There were points in X-2 where I thought Rikku and Yuna were going to add "LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!!" onto their sentences. The upbeat attitude was overdone. I most likely wouldn't have minded Yuna's lack of maturity as much if it all hadn't been so overdone.

    To the best of my memory, each DS had about 8-12 different skills each. Just what the fuck do you want from the game? And way to contradict yourself.
    But it's the same set of skills. That is the point. I think it would've been neat if the dresspheres had "the basics" then each girl had their own "unique skills". To make each dressphere special and unique to each girl. And I don't see where I contradicted myself. I'm not allowed to like a dressphere with no variety and yearn for variety? It's like having a strawberry, liking the strawberry, but yearning for a smear of chocolate on top.

    Good for you. It's not exactly pointless when you consider you're rewarded for watching everything throughly.
    Among the prattle the commspheres contained basic clues that you didn't need to advance in the game and things you can figure out for yourself. Those few tiny clues and the game % is the only benefit. That doesn't make up for their tediousness and the pointlessness of some of the commsphere conversations.

    Considering the tripe thats endlessly produced in game after game, yes it is good enough for me. If I want a riveting, entralling storyline, ill read a book. Storyline is a very small factor in what makes a good game, anyway.
    I think storyline is a major factor in what makes a good game. Now I'm quite curious as to what you think is a "big factor" in what makes a good game.

    Prove how this so called phenomena interferes with or disrupts a battle in any way.
    Yuna is dead. Paine and Rikku are in yellow health. I told Paine to attack the fiend. She got hung up on Rikku and therefore could not attack. I told Rikku to attack the fiend, but I didn't move fast enough. The fiend attacks and kills Paine before she can free herself from her hang up on Rikku. Rikku manages to attack the fiend, but she is not strong enough and the fiend kills her. The end for YRP.

    Amazing how things change over time, isnt it?
    No, not really. It just affirmed Square's general laziness with X-2. I will not accept that sort of thing plunked in front of me without question.

    No, I enjoyed the game nothing more. I played it to 100% and then moved on.

    And if you do not have the thick skin required to debate with people here, I suggest you find another forum as there are plenty of other people who are better debaters and indeed much more abrasive then me who would be willing to debate with you should they desire it.
    My skin is quite thick. I thank you for your concern. However I've never seen the need nor the point of overt hostility in a "debate". Especially during a “debate” over something you feel no real passion for.

  25. #175
    zanarkand princess tidusfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    spira
    Posts
    288
    I must agree with erebus.

    They should be much more mature especially yuna but rikku also. I understand that they are trying to enjoy life in a new spira but shouldn't they learn from X and not be so reckless. I know that it's in rikku's nature but after having to be the one who tells tidus all about the summoner's and their fate and sort of being his "guide" around spira and losing him after it all shouldn't she have matured.
    Yuna on the other hand not only did she lose tidus but she went through the experience of being a summoner losing her aeons and defeating sin she should have been more mature right? Pain was let's face it an overdone lulu.

    The dresspheres annoyed me frankly I mean after you find the first 8 or so the next one's just repeat themselves with different outfits to try and see how little clothes the girls can wear and keep a T rating. Oh wait THIS IS TETSUYA NOMURA. Not that I don't like his work but could he have anymore fan service all over the place?

    As far as commspheres go it was an annoying chore especially when you had to sit there and watch one of leblanc's goons steal them. I remember always having my Ds or psp handy for those scenes.

    Don't people play Rpg's because they have better story line's then most game genres? Well I do and I could have excepted this game's storyline if X hadn't been so much better.

    I have seen the characters tangle up on each other. It didn't cause me the issues it caused Erebus but it did happen.

    What was the point of wakka and lulu being married and having a baby? I don't care how it happened it was stupid. After all they went through together wakka and lulu wouldn't have just watched everything happen without going to help yuna and rikku. So they just needed a reason to have them watch from the sidelines to make room for paine. (Who by the way reached levels of emo squall and cloud could only dream of.)

    Oh and one more thing gippal was one of my favorite characters in this game and it seems to me the only one with a drop of sense but what was the point of the machine faction?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •