Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people say X-2 was a terrible game?

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Harkus View Post
    Oh and the minigames like matching up the monkeys and selling the concert tickets were really pointless and annoying.

Granted the mini games did suck, but for some reason I actually didn't mind matching up the monkeys. I think it was because they were some of the cutest pixelated monkeys I've ever seen <3. Btw Harkus cool Zidane avatar .

FFIX > FFX-2
    Check out my Resident Evil & Silent Hill Quote Quiz:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Dot Centaur View Post
    Btw Harkus cool Zidane avatar .
    Why thank you.

FFX-2 is quite low on my list of best FF games, it's good but it sorta ruined FFX.
    Sorry Player, I'm Noriega crossed with Schwarzenegger
    The orphan maker, orchestrate your fate in a torture chamber

Goren
    Its probably Disasterrific...

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    ROFLMAO

Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Lol I remember that quote from Rikku in this game XD.

http://yuki-almasy.deviantart.com/ Lulu_Lanar's Avatar
    I think FFX wasnt so bad ,but it was not that was i expected.Tidus ...em yes my mom asked me as i played it, if he took drugs or why he walk so interesting ..and then sentences like i donīt know how to laugh...in this moments i didnt know if i should laugh or cry. It was a good game but not so good like FF7 of FF8.

lol I missed playing as tidus during this game

me too.

Personally, I didn't like Tidus. He was such a sook. =D

Anyways back to the topic in question, "Why do people say X-2 was a terrible game?"

Well for me, I never owned a PlayStation, so I never knew of the Final Fantasy games. It wasn't until 2004 that I saw a poster that caught my attention. That game was X-2. The picture of Yuna holding the guns and the way the picture was just so colourful brought my attention to this game. By then I had a PS2 and it was probably the first FF game I played. Now, I've backtracked and played all the old games and am finishing FFXII. So for me without FFX-2, I probably wouldn't have been introduced to the world of Final Fantasy.

Also, I didn't mind the battle system for this. Obviously being the first time playing FF this was probably a way for me to get used to the ATB and I personally loved the dressphere system. the fact that you could change jobs on the spot was really creative in my mind and allowed for more mobility. Although the Garment Grids themselves were restricted, changing jobs on the go proved useful for me. =D

I can understand that it was you first FF but after backtracking through the series can you see why it would be a little disappointing for long time fans? I know people who like mini quest and puzzle games that say it's the best FF but Because I'm a fan of a "more traditional Rpg" or whatever It left a lot to be desired for me though it was fun for a while. I just traded it in actually and I'm a little sad. (but It's only like $14.00 so I might buy it again If I really want to.)

Quote Originally Posted by tidusfan1 View Post
    I can understand that it was you first FF but after backtracking through the series can you see why it would be a little disappointing for long time fans? I know people who like mini quest and puzzle games that say it's the best FF but Because I'm a fan of a "more traditional Rpg" or whatever It left a lot to be desired for me though it was fun for a while. I just traded it in actually and I'm a little sad. (but It's only like $14.00 so I might buy it again If I really want to.)
    Well, I still stand by what I say about FFX-2 cause even though I can see that it strayed away from the traditional Final Fantasy setting, I still thought it was a decent enough game to play and enjoy. After backtracking, I can see why people may not like FFX-2 but you have to at least apprciate the time and effort put into making FFX-2. And you have to consider FFX-2 to be a milestone for the FF series as it's the only direct sequel to an actual FF game series. Also I wouldn't say Square was capatilising on the success of FFX by making FFX-2. More like a "what if?" scenario after the events of FFX-2. And that's my small rant on FFX-2 there. ^^

Shriner
    FFX-2 is well made, it just wasn't universal enough to suit any interest.

At times it lacked boldness too. Like in storyline.

I still think Wakka marrying Lulu was rather rash, though. I still see them like brother and sister when playing FFX.

Edit: Umm, were they really married? Do people marry in Spira? Or have they just had a baby? Can't remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Unbeginning View Post

Do people marry in Spira? .
    Remember Seymour and Yuna in FFX?

I remember that well. I really hated and enjoyed that part at the same time. I hated the fights and loved the graphics.

A weapon of righteousness Ngrplz's Avatar
    X-2 wasn't that bad. It wasn't that great either. Excellent battle / job system though

~Forever known as Purrr~

FFX-2 was a decent sequel, given the ending of FFX. But I don't think it's a great standalone Final Fantasy game. For me, Vegnagun, the Shuyin twist, and the stereotypically feminine aspects of the game (ie garment grids and dresspheres) bring it down.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1982_tarheels View Post
    Reddas is the guy who got his brains blown out by Travolta in the backseat of Jules' car.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRay View Post
    Oh, now i get it...

Your Posts aren't meant to be ironic... You actually think you're funny....
    I fucking hate FFShrine.

and plus rikku never got any storyline (still one of my biggest gripes about the game) It would have made the time I spent playing the game more enjoyable If I could see my favorite "main" character get some storyline.

sees through the bs! All Seeing Eye's Avatar
    Final Fantasy X-2 wasn't terrible in the least. Most people who say that just played through the must missions only, instead of playing the side quest. To get the most out of the game. you need to play everything, not just the must missions. I use to think the game sucked, because I just breezed through it and didn't hardly understood anything. It was through playing the sidequest that the full story came about and I enjoyed it. In short, play the entire game.

Thanks. I didnt know how to get the most out of a video game.

I heard about someone who was playing FFX at the laughing scene, and his uncle happened to come in the room at the time and had a heart attack and died.

Not sure about the dying part though tbh...

If love is a red dress, hang me in rags. terabyte's Avatar
    I think Square vastly underestimated the masculinity of the American audience. I'm sure an RPG starring three scantily-clad women would be a smash in fetishistic Japan; however, fans stateside still prefer to see bad-ass warrior monks kick ass and get the girl in the end.

As a woman, I enjoyed FFX-2 a lot, although I have to be honest and admit it was largely because of the tragic love story and the light-hearted girlish fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak6009 View Post
    I heard about someone who was playing FFX at the laughing scene, and his uncle happened to come in the room at the time and had a heart attack and died.

Not sure about the dying part though tbh...
    I can seriously believe that - most painful videogame scene I've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Slavka View Post
    I can seriously believe that - most painful videogame scene I've ever seen.
    To be fair that scene is awful.

Quote Originally Posted by terabyte View Post
    I think Square vastly underestimated the masculinity of the American audience. I'm sure an RPG starring three scantily-clad women would be a smash in fetishistic Japan; however, fans stateside still prefer to see bad-ass warrior monks kick ass and get the girl in the end.

As a woman, I enjoyed FFX-2 a lot, although I have to be honest and admit it was largely because of the tragic love story and the light-hearted girlish fun.
    I appreciate semi-naked women, not RPing them.

I figure the game wasn't terrible since I bothered to complete it, but the frequent instances of "girlish fun" were lost on me. I think If it wasn't marketed as a Final Fantasy, I probably wouldn't have bought it.

Thank god you can skip scenes in this game.