Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people say X-2 was a terrible game?

Rosetta Stoned Rastabilly Skank's Avatar
    I think most people consider Final Fantasy X-2 as a let down because Square Enix made a big fuss and made it out to be the next big Final Fantasy but I rather enjoyed it; the battle system and the sub-quests were really well strung together. Overall, 7/10.
    -Signature In Progress-

Originally Posted By tidusfan1
    And more should have happened at zanarkand temple besides.....monkeys
    Yeah, the monkey thing was just random - I expected a little more out of Zanarkand.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

im all around you
    the reason why i think everyone thought final fantasy x-2 was a rubbish game was because it followed one of the best games of the series.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus and vaan2 View Post
    the reason why i think everyone thought final fantasy x-2 was a rubbish game was because it followed one of the best games of the series.
    It is really hard to follow, isn't it?

That is probally why they spent so much time developing XII.

im all around you
    well i think that if a game follows another game then it should be as good as it or better

I think people expected another X, which, despite all its good points, X-2 just wasn't.

OCD - Orange Chicken Diabetics PirateZan's Avatar
    people people

come on, it was all the yuna this and yuna that attention that gave this game a kick in the arse

Made By Psychotron

Quote Of The Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Knegative View Post
    Learning to type like someone with a modicum of education would be a good start, bucko.

Oh, I'm sorry:

Lrn 2 txt liek som1 w/edu, u n00b.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateZan View Post
    people people

come on, it was all the yuna this and yuna that attention that gave this game a kick in the arse
    i'll say it wasn't just yuna..it was the "ending", I WANT TO KNOW WHAT IS THE ENDING...and i want a happy ending this time...

The battle system was awesome in X-2. The story was ok but sub-par but the really fun battles and the surprisingly cool dressphere system made up for it. It was also pretty short but it did have new game plus so that's fine with me.

most of the new characters were interesting too.
    I'm no hero... never was.

Grand Shriner The Anti-Existence's Avatar
    Having played through the game once again, I did it more completelty in an attempt to get 100%. In doing so, I discovered several twists and revelations in the game that I was unaware of before when I complained about the game way back in 2006. However, that doesn't change the many things I dislike about the game nor does it change the fact I hate how most of the story is a sidequest. I have no problem having to do a little extra to unravel teh whole plot but when nearly all the major things about characters are totally optional to find out it's annoying.

However, this is alll I will say. I do not wish to anger the gods (Prak) with my complaints about the game.
    If you think posting racial slurs on the Internet is morally reprehensible, you should've seen the whipping I gave my negro this morning.

The reason the story was rubbish was because Paine had little, if anything, to do with the plot. In my opinion, she ruined that great Final Fantasy X feel with her atrocious "gothic" demeanor. Otherwise, I considered it a fairly good game.
    Introducing the new and improved:

Previously known as Lionheart730.
    "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. "

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart730 View Post
    The reason the story was rubbish was because Paine had little, if anything, to do with the plot. In my opinion, she ruined that great Final Fantasy X feel with her atrocious "gothic" demeanor. Otherwise, I considered it a fairly good game.
    Do you mean she ruined X-2? because Paine was not in FFX. Maybe you're thinking of Lulu.

The topic of this thread is - "Why do people say X-2 was a terrible game?"
    Where does that leave confusion as to which game I am referring to?

Getting off topic, in Final Fantasy X at least Lulu played a role in the game and wasn't a constant pessimist. Paine had little backstory and that attitude of her's was overbearingly annoying. Also, because Final Fantasy X-2 is a direct sequel, I can assume it's okay for me to say it has a 'Final Fantasy X' feel to it. Correct?

Also, because Final Fantasy X-2 is a direct sequel, I can assume it's okay for me to say it has a 'Final Fantasy X' feel to it. Correct?
    Yeah. I just didn't entirely understand what you were saying. My bad.

A lot of guys were expecting hot lesbo action to be the focal point of FFX-2; which is not the case.

EDIT: I probably meant a lot of "girlfriend-less" guys

Quote Originally Posted by electus View Post
    Yeah. I just didn't entirely understand what you were saying. My bad.
    Don't take it personal, I'm not attacking you. Just getting my point across.

Quote Originally Posted by Gin_Sunshine View Post
    A lot of guys were expecting hot lesbo action to be the focal point of FFX-2; which is not the case.

EDIT: I probably meant a lot of "girlfriend-less" guys
    Eventually one of the developers will slip up and release some secret mini-game similar to "Hot Coffee" of GTA. I'm counting down the days.

Killer Carrot, Noobs united mesalgear's Avatar
    it waz a ledge game and anyone who doesnt say its good just talks crazy

and then his eyes clouded, "Sonic" he said," i love you"

Shriner
    The topic of this thread is - "Why do people say X-2 was a terrible game?"
    Where does that leave confusion as to which game I am referring to?

Getting off topic, in Final Fantasy X at least Lulu played a role in the game and wasn't a constant pessimist. Paine had little backstory and that attitude of her's was overbearingly annoying. Also, because Final Fantasy X-2 is a direct sequel, I can assume it's okay for me to say it has a 'Final Fantasy X' feel to it. Correct?
    Actually, I thought the whole idea of FFX-2 was showing the new feel of calm and when people are on their own without a common threat.

BTW: I liked Paine. But I played FFX-2 before FFX, so I can't even entirely imagine how you got her served.

Quote Originally Posted by PirateZan View Post
    people people

i have to agree with this statement I could not stand 30+ hours of yunaplooza ugh

Quote Originally Posted by Slavka View Post
    OK, it wasn't as good as say, X or XII, but in my opinion, it wasn't a dreadful game. While I'm willing to admit the plot was a little loose (Shuyin was one of the worst villains ever) and the dressphere/ability system wasn't as in depth as it could've been, I feel the game did what it was intended to do, that is, be a light-hearted sequel to FFX that focused on Yuna, with a moderately interesting plot of its own...

I actually disagree. I enjoyed this game much more then FF10. I don't know what it was, but I think it was the whole female thing that they did. I don't really enjoy playing males so...I guess thats what glued me to FFX-2. haha

It's a good game but it's way too girly and to get the good ending you have to do random things. You have to press X three times when you hear a whistle, I mean what the fuck?
    Sorry Player, I'm Noriega crossed with Schwarzenegger
    The orphan maker, orchestrate your fate in a torture chamber

yeah that bit is annoying

but the game didnt have to be better then ffx, we wernt expecting to be, and even though it isnt as good as x, its still better then most repetitive r.p.gs around, i for one want a third but i know theres a forum for it

Quote Originally Posted by Atoli View Post
    Reasons believing because :
    1> Its not like the original PS1 versions where it had good storylines and basicly overall good gameplay.
    2>FF X was mostly focused on Yuna more then Tidus.
    3>FF X-2 is a terrible even reviews said "its only for people who like to see that kinda "stuff".
    4>Once it hit PS2 it sucked because they thought it would be better because graphics wise and gameplay wise.
    5>Who in the world would want to go back again to the same places from FF X? Oh wow a little changing here and there and some remixed music plus some "new" added bosses seriously?

Come on Rikku has barely even clothing on besides when changing dresssphere. Yuna almost turned out to be a slut (srry but its true >.<). Paine is just..well Paine >.>.
    is that bad!

Oh and the minigames like matching up the monkeys and selling the concert tickets were really pointless and annoying.

not to mention the character development or lack of it for certain supposedly important people you know like rikku and paine. and nooj,gippal and baralai were pretty random in the end. Also "him,you know who" I mean what the hell you know that you couldn't say his name in the sequel cause you got to pick it in the first one but it's still annoying. And another thing I would like to know what shuyin even existed for, and lenne was so much cooler than yuna that I was wishing for LRP by the time I finished the game. Oh and not enough cut scenes for me. I kinda wanted to see leblanc and her gang in one you know.
    And as a side note it would have been cool if lenne got a character cd right