Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do people say X-2 was a terrible game?

Quote Originally Posted by Slavka View Post
    What does the box art look like in America? In Britain it's just a white background with Final Fantasy X-2 on it.

are you serious? is it corresponding in canada?

Quote Originally Posted by BABYBOINK View Post
    I am not looking at it from a logical point of view. If I were to do that I wouldn have this discussion because 3 women turning in to a host of creatures and a machine is beyond logic. My argument point was, That with FFX each person had a specific reason for being there. Yuna for Aeons, Lulu Black Magic, Wakka to hit the flying things etc etc. On this one Rikku and Yuna have lost their reasons for being in the game, Yunas is understandable having killed her Aeons and all. But Rikku had no reason to lose the abilities she had. On this one its just a mish Mash of whatever the hell you like, Basically you could choose three heavy warriors one Dies and oh lets quickly switch save their lives and switch back again. They tried to cram to much in to three characters.
    hey you hav a point there.

Quote Originally Posted by SWAMI0586 View Post
    You suck for double posting.
    r u satisfied?

i do not know how to delete messages...

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    You suck for double posting.

On topic: I believe they say X-2 is a bad game from the radical change it made from X. Yeah it's a sequel but some consistency would be nice.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Tifa Rinoa View Post
    Well you just did give your reasons and props to you for providing a much better arguement *claps*.

However in the previous game, I do remember Yuna doing just fine by herself despite her attacks. All you had to do was use her summoning skills to summon a monster fresh outta the oven and she did superb. Also considering the fact that during the part in Bevelle you have to use Yuna by herself for a short period of time which should prove that.

As for the dress spheres, you can't really say Yuna got suddenly good considering the fact that it has been two years and even just two years can change someone and make one matured and smarter if you know what I mean.

The Dark Aeons matching the story line from the previous FFX made sense, but I understand what you mean about how it could make no logical sense of Ifrit getting from Bikanel dessert to Kilika Temple.

You did at least make a better and stronger arguement than your last post and much more kudos to you for that.
    Firstly I dont need your sarcasm, The only reason I did not bother writing a reply was because this is probably about the 20th thread of its kind. I have made my cases in other threads and could not be bothered to repeat them again in this thread.

There were far to many things which had altered to much for my liking.

A large part of FF games is having the choice of being able use whichever characters took your fancy. Not being stuck with three. That all had the same abilities. It just didn appeal to me at all.
    The Trick is to quit while you are still ahead!

I can understand how other people don't like it, it was a radical change from very indepth storyline of ffx, to the happy go lucky storyline of ffx-2, charlie angels meets ff sort of thing.

I get a little depressed when I look at the case sometimes. It was fun but it had so much more potential

I though X-2 was nice, but not mind-shatteringly awesome. The battle system was fun and a bit refreshing and the graphics were very nice.

I can't say the same for the story, though.

Honestly, it seemed like some sort of badly written fan-fiction. An excuse to make a sequel.

The music in this game seemed bland and wasn't the least bit memorable to me (minus one or two tracks). Overall, the soundtrack was bad.

All in all, the battle system was the game's only real shining point for me.

Well, this is just my two cents.

I like Dinosaurs :3 Rainbow Boogers's Avatar
    The Charlie Angels rip off, might of been it.

However, I thought the dress sphere thing was a neato ideer.
    SO IT GOES

Welcome to FFS Rainbow.

It was also the fact that you could not use summons XD.
    Check out my Resident Evil & Silent Hill Quote Quiz:

Thanky :3

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Boink View Post
    Firstly I dont need your sarcasm, The only reason I did not bother writing a reply was because this is probably about the 20th thread of its kind. I have made my cases in other threads and could not be bothered to repeat them again in this thread.

There were far to many things which had altered to much for my liking.

A large part of FF games is having the choice of being able use whichever characters took your fancy. Not being stuck with three. That all had the same abilities. It just didn appeal to me at all.
    Yeesh you don't need to take everything as sarcasm ! Learn to at least take some things alittle seriously :/. I was serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Baby Boink View Post
    I totally forgot about this, but I agree.

I agree about the character thing. But let's face it, this game was made more as an homage than a serious sequel, even though it was a sequel. Being able to go anywhere from the beginning and all... that's the oddest part. But yes, it's the same world, and you have to have played X to enjoy it. Even though it has all the elements and potential for a true RPG, it's more of a spinoff like Dirge of Cereberus.

The problem is that people see it as a sequel and expect a true long in-depth RPG like the rest of them, but if they saw it as a spinoff then it wouldn't get as much heat. Because, looking at it as more of a spinoff like those FF7 mini-games, it definitely meets expectations.

One particular aspect of this game that I really liked and I'm surprised hasn't been mentioned (unless I missed it), is the CommSphere system. The game may be different than the rest of them in the sense of how the world plays out and no variety of characters and being overall short, but the one thing this game does not lack is originality.

CommSpheres were a neat idea but it would have been so much better if they gave you access to them from the beginning rather then limiting their use almost exclusively to chapter 4. It made that section of the game a little too cutscene-heavy.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofOminous View Post
    CommSpheres were a neat idea but it would have been so much better if they gave you access to them from the beginning rather then limiting their use almost exclusively to chapter 4. It made that section of the game a little too cutscene-heavy.
    ...You're kidding, right? That would have ruined it, the whole concept of Shinra setting it up was the fun part of the story. And, they have new sets of scenes in chapter 5 as well.

Plus, in Chapter 4 you don't really explore, so they have that instead.

As for "cutscene heavy" there's almost always a cutscene when Yuna enters an area for the first time in a chapter.

Plus, if they had them in the first three chapters as well, it would be hell going through all of the cutscenes.

Besides, the Mi'hen Highroad ones are critical in what goes on before as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak6009
    ...You're kidding, right? That would have ruined it, the whole concept of Shinra setting it up was the fun part of the story. And, they have new sets of scenes in chapter 5 as well.
    All I remember from chapter 5 were a whole load of 'CommSphere destroyed' scenes. I may have forgotten a few though. As for Shinra setting them up, I don't see why he couldn't have just done that when you visit the areas for the first time, rather then later on.
    Plus, in Chapter 4 you don't really explore, so they have that instead.
    The idea of spacing the commsphere scenes out is so it frees up time in that chapter for more gameplay.

As for "cutscene heavy" there's almost always a cutscene when Yuna enters an area for the first time in a chapter.
    There is a difference between that and sitting around watching cutscenes for pretty much the whole chapter.
    Plus, if they had them in the first three chapters as well, it would be hell going through all of the cutscenes.
    How so? Watching a cutscene per area per chapter or so isn't anywhere near as time consuming as having to watch the vast majority of them all at once.
    Besides, the Mi'hen Highroad ones are critical in what goes on before as well.
    I didn't say you had to move them all.

Quote Originally Posted by ThroneofOminous View Post
    How so? Watching a cutscene per area per chapter or so isn't anywhere near as time consuming as having to watch the vast majority of them all at once.
    I don't think you have to watch them all unless you're planning on getting 100%. In fact I don't even think you need them all then.

But anyone who's trying to get 100% shouldn't have a problem with cutscenes should they?

Grand Shriner
    I still have no idea why people bash this game because its different to X? Why would you want more of the same. I give SE kudos for trying something new. And naturally, Spira is going to be completely rejuvanated with Sin gone, Yevon's dark grip vanished, and a positive feel to the world. It makes total sense for the game to have the feel it does, and everything that happens in the game, the dialouge, characters, everything make sense.

As for having only 3 playable characters, there is no reason for any other characters and they fit into the storyline just fine. Why have characters just for the hell of it, like previous titles?

The battle system is second to none in the entire series, the dressphere system is something new and original. It's not an outstanding game by any means, but its a very good game and one of the better ones in the FF series.

I agree with everything you said except for the fact that the dresssphere system is new and original. It's almost just like V's system and kinda VI and also somewhat akin to Materia from FFVII. But still, even if it isn't, it's still well-varied.

Quote Originally Posted by Zak6009 View Post
    I don't think you have to watch them all unless you're planning on getting 100%. In fact I don't even think you need them all then.
    No, but lumping them all together inhibits the effectiveness of a good idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zak6009 View Post
    But anyone who's trying to get 100% shouldn't have a problem with cutscenes should they?
    What makes you think completionists don't have a problem with bad pacing?

Restricted
    I liked X2..but obviously it could have been better lol it was just pretty corny to be honest..But I did like the fact that I was able to have my happy ending lol despite the game being corny..=O

Shriner
    (Ok, I've only read a few replies, but) In my opinion FF x-2 was ok and I got just a small bit less then I expected. But I liked the battle system. The problem was I played it before FFX and that totally ruined it for me.

But the whole FFx-2 giving you a chance to see how Spira changed after FFX was something I desperately wanted in FF8(since it's the first FF I played and I totally loved it and wanted to see more(I played it like 5 times or more.)).

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Atoli View Post

Come on Rikku has barely even clothing on besides when changing dresssphere.
    Okay. Opening this reply with a quote of one of the most retarted reason for hating a video game ever...

It makes no sense, this reason. I am not throwing away the fact that you have the right to think that, unless you are a old omish guy, that really shouldnt mae a difference.

Final Fantasy X-2 was a good game, despite a few flaws. There weren't as many new areas as I would have liked to see in a Final Fantasy X sequal, but it was okay.

And I liked the return of the ATB system.

the battle system was good but the story left much to be desired and i realized that maybe a lot of people didn't really like it cause their favorite characters weren't there I mean tidus was my favorite so I was playing the game to know that he wasn't dead. But I did miss auron but I understand he had to die and wakka and lulu could have been in it more I don't even that that the whole suddenly married and having a baby thing was so great I think that they should have gone along with rikku and yuna to look for tidus and hunt spheres along the way. And more should have happened at zanarkand temple besides.....monkeys

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by tidusfan1 View Post
    the battle system was good but the story left much to be desired and i realized that maybe a lot of people didn't really like it cause their favorite characters weren't there I mean tidus was my favorite so I was playing the game to know that he wasn't dead. But I did miss auron but I understand he had to die and wakka and lulu could have been in it more I don't even that that the whole suddenly married and having a baby thing was so great I think that they should have gone along with rikku and yuna to look for tidus and hunt spheres along the way. And more should have happened at zanarkand temple besides.....monkeys
    Yeah, all that bothered me as well. Of course, much of everything fit in the story and characters quite well, but:

I hate the fact Lulu and Wakka settled down like that. It makes no sense at all. They are like brother and sister!

The loss of characters shows that they didn't plan X-2 from the start.

"I'm just a kid" is a poor excuse for an attitude of a genius. I'm not saying it isn't realistic it's just not ambitious.

I'm sure there are other things that bothered me, like searching Cactuars over environment you already saw like 5 times, but I can't remember them all.

Other than that it wasn't really that bad.