Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 344

Thread: Why do people say X-2 was a terrible game?

  1. #26
    Obsessive FFXII Fangirl Slavka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,199
    Look, if you never played the game, why the hell are you posting in this thread?

  2. #27
    Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Behind the mound of dead bards
    Posts
    11,039
    Last I heard, that wasn't a requisite for posting about anything.

  3. #28
    The Puppeteer TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    10,274
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavka View Post
    Look, if you never played the game, why the hell are you posting in this thread?
    Try learning to read:


    This is partly why I didn't question the rest of his post, disliking a game because of what the charecters wear and saying something like "Paine is just...Paine" seems retarded even to someone like me. Someone who hasn't even played the game,


    And also:


    Last I heard, that wasn't a requisite for posting about anything.


    Sig too big

  4. #29
    Would you like to see my mask? Nightowl9910's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    South East London, UK
    Posts
    2,024
    While I'm not in the least bit bothered about whether people hate the game or not, I have to agree that allowing irrelevant details like that to define a complete judgement of a game is pretty silly.
    Dr Crane isn't here right now, but if you'd like to make an appointment....

  5. #30
    What...!? popsiclied's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    61
    Wasn't terrible, i actually enjoyed the change in the battle system.

  6. #31
    On the lookout for terrorists and liberals. Ceidwad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Buried under a pile of books
    Posts
    2,584
    TM, I would not be so annoyed about this incident if you didn't do it so constantly. I can put up with inflammatory comments in isolated threads, even though they add nothing at all to any conversation, (I can't stress that enough) but you do it practically on a daily basis. And you are the one person that I know who simply attacks comments without really looking to argue the majority of the post. It is not that I disagree with your assesment of that part of Atoli's post, but simply that your retort was so simplistic and blunt that it is unlikely to do anything other than lower the standard of debate around here.

    You can claim that others had, in this incident, already argued against the other points, but that is pure coincidence. There are probably numerous examples I could dig up to show you that you are not consistent in applying that logic.

    That said, I do not intend on being a hypocrite and attacking you personally all day, so I think I should keep this post somewhat on topic.

    My opinions on FFX-2 are that it was a well-designed game with good potential let down by some poor plot events, missions and a disappointing difficulty level, as well as a poorer version of Blitzball. There are numerous threads in this forum and the General FF section where I have expanded on these opinions. It isn't terrible, but as far as FFs go, it isn't in my top three.

  7. #32
    zanarkand princess tidusfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    spira
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Mierna View Post
    Maybe it's me, or girls just naturally like this kind of game. Heh, Square attracting girl gamers.
    if that is what that was they really need to consider rethinking what girls like. Cause for the most part its not watching other girls run around with no clothes on (for the most part) and not for the demographic they seem to want. But then again I'm sure i'm not really in that demographic that they want and I love FF
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  8. #33
    The Puppeteer TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    10,274
    You can claim that others had, in this incident, already argued against the other points, but that is pure coincidence. There are probably numerous examples I could dig up to show you that you are not consistent in applying that logic.
    Then how's about you try to bitch to me in a thread where your accusations actually apply?

  9. #34
    On the lookout for terrorists and liberals. Ceidwad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Buried under a pile of books
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by The Master View Post
    Then how's about you try to bitch to me in a thread where your accusations actually apply?
    Again, this is pure deflection. It is irrelevant where I made my accusation because I was not as much annoyed about this one incident as a series of them, and have stated that in previous posts.

    That said, I do not want to continue this pointless insult war, and again, I said that in the last post. But kudos for reviving a thread that no-one had posted in for nine days simply to drudge the argument back up again.

  10. #35
    Dragon Guardian of Lyoko LyokoDragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Somewhere near SR-388
    Posts
    2
    Sobye.... just go take a quick walk in a minefield. FFX-2 is one of the top two best games I've ever played for the PS2, the top best being FFX. If you hate the game, tough, cuz I'm fairly certain that others here don't like your comments. But, mind ya, this is coming from a 60ft long black/silver dragon who just so happens to be using your computer as a rebound point for posts.
    Thanks for your time and have a nice day!

  11. #36
    wannabe youtube celeb Sobye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    At work probably.
    Posts
    1,539
    Quote Originally Posted by LyokoDragon View Post
    Sobye.... just go take a quick walk in a minefield. FFX-2 is one of the top two best games I've ever played for the PS2, the top best being FFX. If you hate the game, tough, cuz I'm fairly certain that others here don't like your comments. But, mind ya, this is coming from a 60ft long black/silver dragon who just so happens to be using your computer as a rebound point for posts.
    Thanks for your time and have a nice day!
    If you had read my posts in this thread you would have seen that I actually like the game. I just loathe the opening cinematics. So how about you pull your head out of your ass and start paying some fucking attention to what you read.
    Thank you for your time, go fuck yourself.

  12. #37
    IT'S A TRAP Zak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,278
    Okay, I loved X-2 a lot, but to be quite honest, it's one of those games that you're probably not going to like unless you try to like, or have high curiousity. I'll admit that the beginning almost turned me off. This game was more meant as an homage if anything.

    I do, however, love sequels with a "deja vu" ish feeling. Like, it was cool to see what became of everything, and what they decided to use as places where important scenes or boss fights previously were. (However, I absolutely found ridiculous how Lablanc somehow took over Seymour's place just like that, considering how heavily protected it had been before). The battle system was awesome, though, IMO, and I see absolutely no reason whatsoever why anyone would hate it.

    The sidequests were also pretty decent. Plus, Chocobos have more importance, which was a plus.

    But, I am a huge fan of Nobuo Uematsu, and if the fact that the music had a new composer turned people off, I honestly can't blame them. Shallow of them, but still. Some of the music made me want to hurl. The Chocobo theme was cute, but it DID NOT FOLLOW THE PATTERN. FFXII had a new composer, yet they still managed to make a Choco theme with the same pattern!
    All the music seemed teenage pop-ish. The only track I liked was the Lablanc Syndicate theme.

    The story, however, was decent, though a little anti-FF. Also, while I did say the battle system was nice, it was a little easy. You could practically hold down X through every battle and win. Even almost every boss battle, except for four of the five Via Infinito bosses (Aranea I beat holding X, the others was a a challenge) and Yojimbo. All the storyline bosses were an utter joke.


    However, on the subject of challenges, I LOVED the selection of Blue magic in this game as well as how hidden some of it is.

    And one creative sidequest that I think only I enjoyed doing was the Thunder Plains cave with all the math stuff. Time consuming but hella fun and original.


    ~Zak

  13. #38
    Pimp Daddy McSnake
    Guest
    I didn't like it because it was a Final Fantasy game.

    Someone say 'oh snap?'

  14. #39
    Workin' for the city! Bus Driver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Posts
    514
    Quote Originally Posted by Prak View Post
    Atoli, you are a complete fucktard. Practically every single thing you said in that post is completely idiotic.

    1. Original PS1 games? The PS1 games were based on the NES and SNES games. The stories of those games are very much in dispute. And on top of that, to imply that the PS1 games had better gameplay is stupidity of the highest order.
    2. So what? There's no point there.
    3. X-2 was well-received by critics. It has a metascore of 85, and was rated over 90 by most of the major sites/publications.
    4. No one in their right mind expected a drastic improvement in the graphics, and the gameplay was indisputably the best of any FF game using an ATB system.
    5. Perhaps the 4 million people who bought the game.
    I have heard your comments on FF7 and while I can understand the fanboy problem, I see a problem here.

    Graphics and gameplay...I'll give you that...

    But a summoner turned gun wielding pop singer....

    Point being, if they made FF7-2, with Cloud and the gang performing show tunes...I think you get the picture.
    "This is where I'm supposed to say something to catch your attention" - Bus Driver

    Damn your shenanigans! - Bus Driver

  15. #40
    The English Ninja.
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    England
    Posts
    18
    Wow, never thought I'd see someone flame someone else over this game. Don't get me wrong, it was an 'okay' game, but it just didn't live up to the other final fantasies.

    It was just...Charlies Angels rolled into an FF game.

  16. #41
    OCD - Orange Chicken Diabetics PirateZan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarc the Swordsman View Post
    Wow, never thought I'd see someone flame someone else over this game. Don't get me wrong, it was an 'okay' game, but it just didn't live up to the other final fantasies.

    It was just...Charlies Angels rolled into an FF game.
    Post of the day rofl

    Made By Psychotron

    Quote Of The Week
    Quote Originally Posted by Knegative View Post
    Learning to type like someone with a modicum of education would be a good start, bucko.

    Oh, I'm sorry:

    Lrn 2 txt liek som1 w/edu, u n00b.

  17. #42
    Grand Shriner Locke_FF36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by Slavka View Post
    OK, it wasn't as good as say, X or XII, but in my opinion, it wasn't a dreadful game. While I'm willing to admit the plot was a little loose (Shuyin was one of the worst villains ever) and the dressphere/ability system wasn't as in depth as it could've been, I feel the game did what it was intended to do, that is, be a light-hearted sequel to FFX that focused on Yuna, with a moderately interesting plot of its own...
    Your Terrible. But thats exactly the point, It wasn't as good as the rest of the series, thats why it is trampled upon. It just didnt feel like a FF. Did you play this game and get the same feeling you had when you first played FFIV, FFVI, CT, FFTactics, or FFVII?
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - Blues-Rock - Just trying to get some hard working musicians attention.

  18. #43
    OCD - Orange Chicken Diabetics PirateZan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    82
    Quote Originally Posted by Locke_FF36 View Post
    Your Terrible. But thats exactly the point, It wasn't as good as the rest of the series, thats why it is trampled upon. It just didnt feel like a FF. Did you play this game and get the same feeling you had when you first played FFIV, FFVI, CT, FFTactics, or FFVII?
    no you didn't and the soundtrack wasn't helping at all either

  19. #44
    Grand Shriner Locke_FF36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateZan View Post
    no you didn't and the soundtrack wasn't helping at all either
    what? make some sense dickhead.

  20. #45
    OCD - Orange Chicken Diabetics PirateZan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    82
    Locke FF36, if you read, you'll see that I answered the question you presented, and also added that the sounded didn't help to the "feeling" you got playing the other final fantasy games.
    So why don't you pay a little more attention before insulting me, when I'm supporting your comment

  21. #46
    IT'S A TRAP Zak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    3,278
    Also I forgot to mention, most people think "Dressspheres" supposedly "sounds ridiculous", but those shallow retards don't realize that it's just a more organized version of the Materia system that these same people rave about.

    Not that many such people exist on this forum, from what I see it seemed they've all been shooed away lol

  22. #47
    Grand Shriner Locke_FF36's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    earth
    Posts
    1,488
    Quote Originally Posted by PirateZan View Post
    Locke FF36, if you read, you'll see that I answered the question you presented, and also added that the sounded didn't help to the "feeling" you got playing the other final fantasy games.
    So why don't you pay a little more attention before insulting me, when I'm supporting your comment
    oh oh, i'm sorry man. I should have paid a little more attention when I read it, it was really early in the morning haha. My Apologies.

  23. #48
    zanarkand princess tidusfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    spira
    Posts
    288
    So I'm replaying FFX-2 and I suddenly realize how much of the story looks like it was thought up on the day of a deadline or something (not that I didn't notices some things didn't make sense but I stared to really pay attention.) For one thing instead of bring in a new girl to help unravel the story how about we give rikku some storyline! After that I though well I know why shuyin looks like tidus but why does lenne resemble yuna. The truth is they didn't even look that much alike anyway which brought up another question why didn't leblanc turn into lenne using the dresssphere why did she turn into anyone at all?

    Also when I saw the cut scenes for the international version I had more questions. How come they didn't talk for 3 months? Why did kimi e have to be the ending and once again please give rikku some story line. The last two are a bit redundant but a lot of things made no sense at all besides this though it was a good game. Not up to usual standards but fun (they didn't even spend 30 second on it in the history of final fantasy in FFXII)

  24. #49
    Poetically gifted... SquallLion90's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    28
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceidwad_yr_Arfau View Post
    My opinions on FFX-2 are that it was a well-designed game with good potential let down by some poor plot events, missions and a disappointing difficulty level, as well as a poorer version of Blitzball. There are numerous threads in this forum and the General FF section where I have expanded on these opinions. It isn't terrible, but as far as FFs go, it isn't in my top three.
    Wow, I keep finding quotes that completely sum up a lot of the arguments on here lol. This is basically my opinion as well, but I really liked the Job System and the Battle System.

    I have to tell you though, it makes me feel kind of bad to see people argue about FF games like this and turn it into hatred towards other FF players....

  25. #50
    Dancing Freak
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Posts
    23
    A lot of people say they don't like it because it didn't feel like a FF game. That's one reason I did like it, because the world-domination ever-lasting-crisis got old really quickly for me. Sure there is a plot to destroy the world...but it's fairly non-intrusive to the actual game. I liked the laid-back atmosphere and the non-linear gameplay. The ATB battle system rocked and the dressphere system, while not perfect, was pretty good IMO. The soundtrack wasn't horrible, but since I'm a BEMANI addict and videogame music is my favorite kind, it was pretty ok.

    8/10 on my list.
    IIDX DJ TROOPAZ!!!

    "Konami looked at the 'Name IIDX 15' thread and picked the only name NOT THERE."

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •