Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Star Wars Unappreciation Thread

Talking The Star Wars Unappreciation Thread

Movies taking place within the Star Wars universe that nobody wants to remember:

Star Wars Holiday Special
    - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    "If I had the time and a sledgehammer, I would track down every copy of that show and smash it." - George Lucas

Ewoks Adventure: Caravan of Courage - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Ewoks Adventure: Battle For Endor
    - [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Thread created due to lack of Star Wars thingy threads.

Oh noooo :D Lunchbox McGillicuddy's Avatar
    What? No Phantom Menace?

I haven't seen any of them personally, but Matt Caracappa will never let the knowledge of their existance die

i've seen the holiday special, such shite. it makes my eyes BLEED

I'll take that as a kindness. KaMoDiAn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaka Luther King View Post
    What? No Phantom Menace?
    Phantom Menace wasn't bad. Episode 1 marked the return of Star Wars to theatres, and the first one released in theatres (for my time). There was huge hype and there was SW everywhere. EVERYWHERE! Everywhere you went, and everything you bought could have SW stuff on it! There were even collectable pop cans! REMEMEBER??? If anything, that movie reminded me about how much I liked Star Wars.

Albeit the movie wasn't the best thing ever, it was definately not a bad movie. Unless you're a hardcore Binks hater like those newspaper comic guys with no wives. I meant to type lives, but I'm keeping that there for humor purposes.

On the otherhand, Episode II made me want to puke at the part where Padme was all: "since we're going to die now I thought I'd let you know that I truely, deeply, for reals, really, really, incredibly, super duperly, honestly, etc. luv u!"

oh, and Episode III... did anyone think Anakin turned a little too easily? I was all like: "... what? PANSY!"
    Z

u have to admit that darth maul was pretty badass, specially when he busted out his sabre

lol that ewok adventures poster is one of the funniest things i've ever seen..i'll make sure i don't watch the show to keep my initial reaction intact

Willow
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Movie Link: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Medieval Star Wars? (Equipped with Lucas wipes)
    Willow substitute for Luke
    Madmartigan substitute for Han Solo
    Queen Bavmorda substitute for The Emperor
    Franjean and Rool substitutes C3PO and R2D2
    and General Kael is the substitute for Darth Vader.

Oh noooo :D Lunchbox McGillicuddy's Avatar
    Willow is cool though

I...think

I know I liked it when I was younger at least, haha. Haven't given it a recent viewing.

◄lȯ̡̮̩̥̝̹͚͕̝ͪ̅̐̀̚̚lico̓̄ ͉̲͈̻̣̀͐̇ͯ͗n► Argus Zephyrus's Avatar
    Ewoks Adventures, LAWL

I actually saw an episode or two... of the animation! *DOUBLE LAWL*

I had never seen the Holiday Special. On Patterson's testimony that it makes his eyes bleed, I shall refrain from watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by KaMoDiAn
    On the otherhand, Episode II made me want to puke at the part where Padme was all: "since we're going to die now I thought I'd let you know that I truely, deeply, for reals, really, really, incredibly, super duperly, honestly, etc. luv u!"

oh, and Episode III... did anyone think Anakin turned a little too easily? I was all like: "... what? PANSY!"
    lol @ padme, that scene seemed a little cheesy, and I definitely agree that Anakin turned a little too easily. My impression of Darth Vader is forever tainted. =\
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.].
    Alternatively,
    if you're an idiot, click [Hidden link. Register to see links.].

I can never do NUTHING!!! Vastalis's Avatar
    *sobs*Leave little Willow alone!
    Why doesn't everybody just leave him alone!!!*sobs*

ANYWAYS, Willow kicked ass!

Episode III was the best one of all!
    I still laugh everytime I see Anakin go off on the all the padawans!!! LMAO!!!
    Mace Windu got what he deserved for not giving Anakin a chance!
    Who has the best record in Baseball? The Dodgers!!!
    Henry Rollins

A Real American Hero!

Here's a cool Flash movie about the Aztec God [Hidden link. Register to see links.]!

Not at the table Carlos discodan's Avatar
    Oh hell......

Ewok Adventure. The older brother was always wigging out and crying!!! I'd say he is the godfather of EMO!

sig limit is 400x150

"It was once said by a man who couldn't quit...."

how about when darth yelled noooooooooooo at the end of 3 lol.....that was pretty lame

I'll take that as a kindness. KaMoDiAn's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualchan View Post
    how about when darth yelled noooooooooooo at the end of 3 lol.....that was pretty CLASSIC
    I'm pretty sure that's what you meant right? RIGGGHT??

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KaMoDiAn
    Episode III works a lot better if you read the book version by Matthew Stover, or listen to the audiobook version of said book, and ignore the film version, which really isn't all that great.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

Quote Originally Posted by KaMoDiAn View Post
    I'm pretty sure that's what you meant right? RIGGGHT??
    hey u changed my quote! jedi mind trick!

I take my music through the vein Coldblackice's Avatar
    I cringe when I think of that damned holiday special....

The Roaming Scholar Kunoich_and_Ranmaru79's Avatar
    I'm not even gonna bash the prequels. I thought they were pretty good, especially III. I happen to have the entire saga on DVD, as well as the prequel novels. I'm currently re-reading Labyrinth of Evil, and it really leads up to ROTS.

Yeah, I read that it and it was pretty cool. I'm currently reading New Jedi Order: Vector Prime (I've read some of the books in the series, including the ending, but there are huge gaps) and I'm also starting on the second Last of the Jedi book.

Oh, and they're trying to get us excited again with Star Wars: Clone Wars, a CGI film, coming to theatres soon. It seems like it actually could be pretty good.

There's no such thing as a bad Star wars spin-off. I'd watch, read, play anything that has either Jedi, Sith or Wookies.

lovely

PS-Can't wait for the live action series. ;(

Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    PS-Can't wait for the live action series. ;(
    If they DID make one, I can guarantee that it will suck, but also that it will make in millions of viewers, and give Mr. Lucas even more money.

Back to the point, I don't really like The Phantom Menace. The pacing was good, as was plot development, but I hated the kid that played Anakin, espescially the "Whopee" line. Also, I don't think it would have been too hard tor Qui Gon to just take his mother as well. Then the WHOLE problem would have been solved.
    And I liked eps II and III, except for the mushy bits, which is like, half the damn movie. But the action scenes were well done and stuff.
    But I'd still rather watch the original trilogy any day.

Quote Originally Posted by bennimo225 View Post
    If they DID make one, I can garuntee that it will suck, but also that it will make in millions of viewers, and give Mr. Lucas even more money.
    So, what's your guarantee? I see no reason why it's going to suck. And it is going to happen, as stated by George Lucas himself.

b7
    I could have gone without the whole prequel business but that's my opinion. IV-VI were the best, VI being my favorite.

The prequels were problematic in many cases, but have added so much depth to the series. Overall, I'd say the positives of them far outweigh the negatives.

In other news, I broke down and ordered Legacy of the Force Episode VIII - Revelation off of Amazon today. It was just released today, and I'm pissed off at the library for not even having it on order. I'm with Amazon Prime and it should be arriving either later today or tomorrow.

They should've kept Darth Maul around longer. For someone so badass, he sure got it handed to him by Renton.

Quote Originally Posted by tinyjeans View Post
    They should've kept Darth Maul around longer. For someone so badass, he sure got it handed to him by Renton.
    Yeah and it wouldn't have hurt to have him in a shower scene either, even if it IS Star Wars.