Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you think Final Fantasy will finally end?

The Irish Viscount, KALMAH Mr E. Stalker's Avatar
    Hmm. Yeah but.... Wasn't this game sort of.... MADE for girls?
    -Ireland is where strange tales begin and happy endings are possible.
    -I'm in love with Rosa Farrell. I'm better then Cecil.
    -You know what is really going to make me laugh uncontrollably? When they come out with Final Fantasy XXX.
    -Freedom of Speech is the best freedom ever.
    -Real men wear [Irish] kilts.

I'm the Pokewizard, Bitches! Zachron's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hynad View Post
    What is it Zachron? The Dressphere was great, if not that it looked like a MTV videoclip. It was still the job system, and it was an improved version at that.

But I guess it doesn't count because you didn't like the idea... right?
    Whatever happened to the good old days when changing classes meant you got yer stats cut in half, and started over at level 1? Changing classes at will with little to no penalty is good enough, but changing in the middle of the fight, just totally adds an uneeded button masher, and sends party balance flying out the window. Easier doesn't mean better, and more convenient does not necessarily mean improved game play.

Dressphere was kinda neat, but in the long run, it makes the game more tedious.

And not, FFX-2 was not targeted at girls. It was targeted at guys who like to look at naked pictures of female FF characters and jerk off.
    Support Our Troops.

Oh yeah.

Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachron View Post
    Whatever happened to the good old days when changing classes meant you got yer stats cut in half, and started over at level 1? Changing classes at will with little to no penalty is good enough, but changing in the middle of the fight, just totally adds an uneeded button masher, and sends party balance flying out the window. Easier doesn't mean better, and more convenient does not necessarily mean improved game play.

Dressphere was kinda neat, but in the long run, it makes the game more tedious.

And not, FFX-2 was not targeted at girls. It was targeted at guys who like to look at naked pictures of female FF characters and jerk off.
    I liked the fast paced battles of FFX-2. Not everyone will enjoy having the time to sleep while playing, like in most FFs. As for the stat drops that comes with a glass change, I always thought it was ridiculous that a character would train 10 levels in a class, yet the moment he changes, his strenght he's been training for all this time just disapears.

I liked the fast paced battles of FFX-2. Not everyone will enjoy having the time to sleep while playing, like in most FFs. As for the stat drops that comes with a glass change, I always thought it was ridiculous that a character would train 10 levels in a class, yet the moment he changes, his strenght he's been training for all this time just disapears.
    I agree Hynad, but it's the price you pay for changing spheres.

Yeah the battles were fast in FF-X2

and that is why FF V is a little anoying
    ~The Prophet of the Rebellion, The Herald of the Revolution~
    \\Somnus Nemoris//
    Tellus dormit
    Et liberi in diem faciunt
    Numquam extinguunt
    Ne expergisci possint

... I always thought it was ridiculous that a character would train 10 levels in a class, yet the moment he changes, his strenght he's been training for all this time just disapears.
    That's why you need to train them for at least 20 levels lol. I was being somewhat sarcastic. I did not find the combat in FFX-2 fast paced. You merely had to mash buttons quickly to get your attack in when you wanted it. The actual speed of battle compared to number of comands given, and rate at which the plot progressed in comparison to number of battles fought was actually slower than FFX. Changing classes in the middle of combat was more cumbersome than convenient, and it would be pointless to do so if it weren't for specific battles that were designed specifically to force you to use the feature. Quite frankly, when I played the game, I only used the feature to get my team regrouped when I hit a fight that my team was "Configured wrong for," or if I wanted to Level up the character's "Master Class."

Quote Originally Posted by Zachron View Post
    That's why you need to train them for at least 20 levels lol. I was being somewhat sarcastic. I did not find the combat in FFX-2 fast paced. You merely had to mash buttons quickly to get your attack in when you wanted it. The actual speed of battle compared to number of comands given, and rate at which the plot progressed in comparison to number of battles fought was actually slower than FFX. Changing classes in the middle of combat was more cumbersome than convenient, and it would be pointless to do so if it weren't for specific battles that were designed specifically to force you to use the feature. Quite frankly, when I played the game, I only used the feature to get my team regrouped when I hit a fight that my team was "Configured wrong for," or if I wanted to Level up the character's "Master Class."
    Changing classes mid-battle is in way more tedious then having to change characters to fit the particular enemies like in FFX. Even the changing class animation can be turned off. So you should have the same complain for both games.

the dresspheres annoyed me more
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

The only part of the Dressphere I hated was that one with 2 slots on it, for quick changes to get your Floral Fallou or whatever... Yeah, it's quick, but when you wanted that, AND your many different spheres... It just didn't cut it. Know what I mean?

The Dresssphere with 2 slots was the one I used the most. Made for Fast Mastery of the Master Classes.

And Party Rotation may have been been equally tedious, but there wasn't a delay that prevented the character from acting immediately upon switching out, plus it took far less tedious leveling up to produce a versitile party in FFX. Everyone would eventually clear their sphere grids, and diversify into other arts, and following the grid straight would give over half the characters either Black Magic or White Magic. Rikku could easily master both, and Khimari could be sent whichever direction you chose(I always made him a black mage).

Securing a versitile range of abilities was easier in FFX-2, but it is easily just as tedious to get the full range of abilities trained on all the characters. You may get it done faster in FFX-2, but it's a shorter game to begin with, the tedium is about the same, only in the first one I actually gave a shit about what I wanted to do next.

yrp in position lets have a dressup party girls. Looking back that should have been the game's first line

Urm... maybe we should get back on topic and stop discussing FFX-2 in this thread. Afterall, FFX-2 was a commercial sucess, and, love it or hate it, it definitely won't be what ends the FF series. lol.

your right but if that was the future then that is where it should have ended lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tidusfan1 View Post
    your right but if that was the future then that is where it should have ended lol.
    hahahaha
    We have to wait to see how Good will be the XIII and Versus XIII...
    Oh
    And what do you think of DISSIDIA -Final Fantasy-?

I'm more excited about that game than Fabula Nova Crystallis Final Fantasy XIII to tell you the truth I mean squall and tidus that's like the best thing ever. But all fangirlness aside It looks pretty good and I'm wondering what the battle system is like.

Life for Final Fantasy FainaruFantaji's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
    hahahaha
    We have to wait to see how Good will be the XIII and Versus XIII...
    Oh
    And what do you think of DISSIDIA -Final Fantasy-?
    I`m very excited about it because my favourite character is going to be there!!!
    I mean both of my favourites!!!
    Or should I say all four of them...

Ahh who cares, the point is that Squall, Tidus, Zidane and Garnet will be there!!!

If I can I'm playing thorough the whole game as tidus and squall but wikipedia says you have to play with all the characters.

Yes
    It would be a Great Game
    Now I know that SQUARE ENIX, want to put the most importants Characters of all Series

Yay...Ultimecia will be There

I think they will make like 2 other real Final Fantasy and for the rest are all parts from one particular Final Fantasy (Like FFVII and FFXIII)
    But i really think they should give up, cause they are trying to hard to be innovative, but i pretty much dont like FF spin-offs.

Killer Carrot, Noobs united mesalgear's Avatar
    Seriously, is that all you've got?
    whats good now iz now im back online so stop giving me shit or i'll ban u

Killer Carrot, Noobs united mesalgear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
    Yes
    It would be a Great Game
    Now I know that SQUARE ENIX, want to put the most importants Characters of all Series

Yay...Ultimecia will be There
    im with dis guy
    all we know is that it is one big cashcow ready to be milked for all its worth

Quote Originally Posted by mesalgear View Post
    Then, little shit head, go ahead and ban me.

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Quoted again, cause it's roffletastic.

Moronic post of the year.

Sig too big