Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Results 126 to 150 of 398

Thread: When do you think Final Fantasy will finally end?

  1. #126
    zanarkand princess tidusfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    spira
    Posts
    288
    yeah it would be cool
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  2. #127
    Here's looking at you, kid. Espanha's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Rear end of Europe.
    Posts
    1,642
    Quote Originally Posted by KALMAH View Post
    Not the cartoony ones from VIII, just a more-human looking one.
    FFVIII's characters were cartoony-looking? I must have missed that special edition they released after the original.

  3. #128
    The Irish Viscount, KALMAH Mr E. Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The second circle of Hell.
    Posts
    965
    Well, not so cartoony. Maybe I meant to say like, Final Fantasy VII, or IX.
    -Ireland is where strange tales begin and happy endings are possible.
    -I'm in love with Rosa Farrell. I'm better then Cecil.
    -You know what is really going to make me laugh uncontrollably? When they come out with Final Fantasy XXX.
    -Freedom of Speech is the best freedom ever.
    -Real men wear [Irish] kilts.

  4. #129
    Σριτάρh User Kazu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Twilight ŕĭś
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by mesalgear View Post
    hynad likes insulting people doesnt he
    Only Ignore him like I do, Like the others maybe do, he is a typical nerd that still lives with his mother...
    Poor Thing
    ~The Prophet of the Rebellion, The Herald of the Revolution~
    \\Somnus Nemoris//
    Tellus dormit
    Et liberi in diem faciunt
    Numquam extinguunt
    Ne expergisci possint

  5. #130
    Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,525
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
    Only Ignore him like I do, Like the others maybe do, he is a typical nerd that still lives with his mother...
    Poor Thing
    And you are the typical moron who can only come up with sheep-like pre-made sentences to reply to things that are beyond your neurons capabilities.

  6. #131
    Σριτάρh User Kazu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Twilight ŕĭś
    Posts
    568
    XXXXXX

  7. #132
    Σριτάρh User Kazu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Twilight ŕĭś
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by Hynad View Post
    And you are the typical moron who can only come up with sheep-like pre-made sentences to reply to things that are beyond your neurons capabilities.
    And if that what you say was true What matters for you?
    It is My life, then lives yours and stop being trying to insult the persons, because you nor can do it, live your life, oh! I already Know why you do it, because you do not have any life, you dont know what is the fact of have Friends, Family, See the Nature, have a Gilrfriend or Boyfriend if you are Gay, go to party's, work, study...
    You are here trying to be smart, insulting the others, but you are not smart, you just are a Child, Grow up! Fucking Nerd!

    How was I saying poor Thing

  8. #133
    Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,525
    What's laughable is that you are actually proving yourself to be self projecting when you (attemps to) insult me.

    You are doing the same exact thing you're trying to condemn me for.

    So I would suggest you check back your agenda, because right now, it would seem that you are missing a lot in life.

  9. #134
    Σριτάρh User Kazu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Twilight ŕĭś
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by Hynad View Post
    What's laughable is that you are actually proving yourself to be self projecting when you (attemps to) insult me.

    You are doing the same exact thing you're trying to condemn me for.

    So I would suggest you check back your agenda, because right now, it would seem that you are missing a lot in life.
    And What do you Think I do?
    I reply to you when I can and I when I am Oline, but when I Cant and I am not online, I dont Reply to you, its because I'm leaving My LIFE, I'm not in My room, infornt of the PC All the Day 24/7 afraid of the real world
    And I don't condem Anyone
    If you feel that way well is your problem

    And How I was Saying
    if that what you say was true What matters for you?

  10. #135
    Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,525
    Before I further bother answering your moronic assumptions, I will ask of you that your learn some proper english.

  11. #136
    Σριτάρh User Kazu's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Twilight ŕĭś
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by Hynad View Post
    Before I further bother answering your moronic assumptions, I will ask of you that your learn some proper english.
    Welll This is something that we agree, I write bad the English anyway but that its a normal thing
    You will teach me proper english?

  12. #137
    The Irish Viscount, KALMAH Mr E. Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The second circle of Hell.
    Posts
    965
    I will teach you proper English. Use some periods in your sentences, kid.

  13. #138
    The True Prodigy Vincentre's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Firaga Nation
    Posts
    54
    Final Fantasy XII? Romance? Maybe like a death-o-mance or something. They drop like flies during war time in that game considering Yui's comment on War and Peace but they always seem to have moments for cheezy luvy-duvy scenes. (Yes. I am aware I spelled that uh... 'LOVEY DOVY' wrong. Unless it's right...and I didn't know that because I don't really know how to spell it 'cause I'm forgetting the English language due to reasons unknown--but in that case I didn't need to write this side note at all and I'm just wasting time--)

    ANYWAYS~~~!

    Maybe it will end when they put all the past characters together into one final game like one giant Kingdom Hearts knock-off, but Disney-less. It'll be like Tales of the World with the Namco Bandai series, except that Square Enix doesn't add utter randomness to spruce up the storyline.

    Yeah.

    It'll end like that.
    I was still a teenager myself but never treated like one. When you are a genius, you are by no means treated like a commoner.

    -Uchiha Itachi (Excerpt from 'The True Prodigy' Fan Fiction)

  14. #139
    Registered lUser virtualchan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    yonder
    Posts
    255
    anyone know how the sales of twelve were compared to ten on the piss2? jw

  15. #140
    Life for Final Fantasy FainaruFantaji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Balamb/Midgar/Kalm/DevilMayCry
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by MorgothErmis View Post
    +1 but its already dead after FFX

    Well I agree with you.. But after seeing those extended FFXIII trailers I finally thought that it`s gonna be a good game after a long time...

    So I`ll fix myself: As long as creators can get back on track Final Fantasy must go on!

    Vincentre>> I kinda agree with you about that huuuuuuge FF world and FF ending this way.

  16. #141
    I'm the Pokewizard, Bitches! Zachron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Not in my pants!
    Posts
    2,766
    I can't say for sure how FF will end, but I can say for sure how FF will not end. It will not go out with a bang. It will not be closed off and declared "final" after one truely great masterpiece is achieved. That's because any such game would generate enough revenues to ensure a future installment(Consider how FFVII spin-offs are being made to this day, and while it's a decent game, it's not great as masterpieces are concerned). And it won't won't end with an ultra-crappy title either, or even a series of ultra-crappies. It will end if the game stops pulling a profit, or rather if the game company stops pulling a profit. Here's why, the Final Fantasy series, is simply the shocase of what types of elements are to be found in Square-Enix games, no more and no less. Nothing original is ever put into a Final Fantasy game, instead it borrows it's originality from the originality of the other Franchises of Square-Enix, such as Valkyrie Profile, Seiken Densetsu(Mana Series), XenoSaga, et cetera , and, since the Enix merger, Dragon Quest and a myriad of other fanchises. Final Fantasy may single handedly generate more revenue than any one other franchise, but add the other franchises together, and they support the majority of the company's profits. In turn they provide the money needed to pay the employees while the investment pool is being spent on the next FF game. Thus Final Fantasy provides enough money to cover costs, and pay back investors, while generating enough interest to get consumers to purchase other games which all have similar elements.

    These auxillary games in the Square-Enix library are not simlilar to Final Fantasy because they immitate Final Fantasy, so much as Final Fantasy is similar to the auxillary games in the Square-Enix library because Final Fantasy borrows from them, in order to show them off no less. And if you find a feature in an FF game that is unique and not found in a non-FF game, then you've found a feature that is a feature of a Square-Enix game that was already under production. (The Sphere Grid from FFX is the only exception, but then again, I'm of the opinion that FFX was originally proposed as a concept for another franchise altogether, but was chosen to be the story concept for FFX rather than it's own franchise.)

    All this being said, and returning to my original statement, the Final Fantasy franchise won't stop pulling a profit when Final Fantasy stops making enough to pay for itself; Final Fantasy will stop pulling a profit when Finla Fantasy stops promoting sales for other games in the Square-Enix library... Nothing so glamourous as a "Grand Finale," or a "Grand Bust" will be the games end. Like most other series that stop pulling profit, it will likely just drift off quietly into the night...
    Support Our Troops.

  17. #142
    Life for Final Fantasy FainaruFantaji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Balamb/Midgar/Kalm/DevilMayCry
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Zachron View Post
    I can't say for sure how FF will end, but I can say for sure how FF will not end. It will not go out with a bang. It will not be closed off and declared "final" after one truely great masterpiece is achieved. That's because any such game would generate enough revenues to ensure a future installment(Consider how FFVII spin-offs are being made to this day, and while it's a decent game, it's not great as masterpieces are concerned). And it won't won't end with an ultra-crappy title either, or even a series of ultra-crappies. It will end if the game stops pulling a profit, or rather if the game company stops pulling a profit. Here's why, the Final Fantasy series, is simply the shocase of what types of elements are to be found in Square-Enix games, no more and no less. Nothing original is ever put into a Final Fantasy game, instead it borrows it's originality from the originality of the other Franchises of Square-Enix, such as Valkyrie Profile, Seiken Densetsu(Mana Series), XenoSaga, et cetera , and, since the Enix merger, Dragon Quest and a myriad of other fanchises. Final Fantasy may single handedly generate more revenue than any one other franchise, but add the other franchises together, and they support the majority of the company's profits. In turn they provide the money needed to pay the employees while the investment pool is being spent on the next FF game. Thus Final Fantasy provides enough money to cover costs, and pay back investors, while generating enough interest to get consumers to purchase other games which all have similar elements.

    These auxillary games in the Square-Enix library are not simlilar to Final Fantasy because they immitate Final Fantasy, so much as Final Fantasy is similar to the auxillary games in the Square-Enix library because Final Fantasy borrows from them, in order to show them off no less. And if you find a feature in an FF game that is unique and not found in a non-FF game, then you've found a feature that is a feature of a Square-Enix game that was already under production. (The Sphere Grid from FFX is the only exception, but then again, I'm of the opinion that FFX was originally proposed as a concept for another franchise altogether, but was chosen to be the story concept for FFX rather than it's own franchise.)

    All this being said, and returning to my original statement, the Final Fantasy franchise won't stop pulling a profit when Final Fantasy stops making enough to pay for itself; Final Fantasy will stop pulling a profit when Finla Fantasy stops promoting sales for other games in the Square-Enix library... Nothing so glamourous as a "Grand Finale," or a "Grand Bust" will be the games end. Like most other series that stop pulling profit, it will likely just drift off quietly into the night...
    For me, as a fan of FF it is very hard to admit this, but you`re 100% right!
    Although, I hope it won`t end soon...

  18. #143
    Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,525
    Zachron: Too bad they didn't take the good of Grandia's battle system and use it in a FF title.


    Also: yep, that sounds about right (your comment).
    Although we can't really say for sure. Most J-RPGs are built around the same formula, and the designs are almost always the same. But it is true that many of the Square-Enix games have been sharing a lot between each others these last few years. But unlike you, I would rather say that Final Fantasy takes what's best friom the other franchises and try to do a melting pot of it.

    Lets see how FF XIII will build up. So far, it would seem that they are aiming for something quite unique (BTW, FF VIII's Guardian Forces system was pretty unique as well. I don't recall an other game out there that worked this way... But yet again, I don't play all the J-RPGs that come out.

  19. #144
    Life for Final Fantasy FainaruFantaji's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Balamb/Midgar/Kalm/DevilMayCry
    Posts
    345
    Quote Originally Posted by Hynad View Post
    Zachron: Too bad they didn't take the good of Grandia's battle system and use it in a FF title.


    Also: yep, that sounds about right (your comment).
    Although we can't really say for sure. Most J-RPGs are built around the same formula, and the designs are almost always the same. But it is true that many of the Square-Enix games have been sharing a lot between each others these last few years. But unlike you, I would rather say that Final Fantasy takes what's best friom the other franchises and try to do a melting pot of it.

    Lets see how FF XIII will build up. So far, it would seem that they are aiming for something quite unique (BTW, FF VIII's Guardian Forces system was pretty unique as well. I don't recall an other game out there that worked this way... But yet again, I don't play all the J-RPGs that come out.
    I agree, FF does take the best things from other games, I can`t remember what game was that, but the thing is that something similar to GF system was later used in another game, if I remember it properly it wasn`t even a S-E game.

    FFVIII`s GF system was 100% unique for it`s own time.

  20. #145
    I'm the Pokewizard, Bitches! Zachron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Not in my pants!
    Posts
    2,766
    Well the GF system doesn't count because it sucks a majorly large male organ... And it was merely an enlarged version of FFVI's Esper System, and more or less replaced the equipment set... I'll change it to the Sphere Grid's probably the only GOOD idea that's FF Unique.(Materia, Job System, and Esper System, are more or less altered expressions of ideas presented in other Square games.)

    And I'll agree that FF's have taken the Best from a myriad of other games. Afterall, if you were going to wrap an amalglam of your company's creativity into a single game for the year, you would rather use your good ideas than your bad ones.

  21. #146
    The Irish Viscount, KALMAH Mr E. Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The second circle of Hell.
    Posts
    965
    I loved the Dresspheres and Spheregrid that was in FFX-2.

  22. #147
    I'm the Pokewizard, Bitches! Zachron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Not in my pants!
    Posts
    2,766
    ...

  23. #148
    Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Posts
    2,525
    What is it Zachron? The Dressphere was great, if not that it looked like a MTV videoclip. It was still the job system, and it was an improved version at that.

    But I guess it doesn't count because you didn't like the idea... right?

  24. #149
    The Irish Viscount, KALMAH Mr E. Stalker's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    The second circle of Hell.
    Posts
    965
    Haha. Dresspheres rule.

  25. #150
    zanarkand princess tidusfan1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    spira
    Posts
    288
    we all know why people who like dressphereslike them. I for one being a girl thought it was a bitch to use.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •