Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567891014 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you think Final Fantasy will finally end?

I would have to say FFVIII or FFX I really enjoyed the game play in FFVIII and I loved the story of FFX so those would have to be my favorites. It's weird I have literally been playing final fantasy for 10 years and my 15th birthday is in a few months. Most people my age who have played it have only played from FFX up.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

The Irish Viscount, KALMAH Mr E. Stalker's Avatar
    I've been playing Final Fantasy ever since the first game, back in 1988... I'm 31... Before I knew about video games, it was books, books, and more books. Holy shit I had a lot o' books back then.
    -Ireland is where strange tales begin and happy endings are possible.
    -I'm in love with Rosa Farrell. I'm better then Cecil.
    -You know what is really going to make me laugh uncontrollably? When they come out with Final Fantasy XXX.
    -Freedom of Speech is the best freedom ever.
    -Real men wear [Irish] kilts.

The original was released here in 90, iirc. You played the Japanese release?

No... Maybe I played it in 1990, I don't really remember. I KNOW I played Dragon Warrior back in '88 or '89...

Yep, I had that same debate with myself over in the 'first RPG' thread. Dragon Warrior was before FF. It would have been cool if you had played the Japanese release, I guess.

I started with the original, too. There are so many people who started with VII

Yeah, I think that it sucks that people started with VII, and not with I, like most o' the older players did.

lol now that I think about It it's strange to be a five year old trying to figure out the battle system of the most advanced rpg game of that time. But that what I did and I did manage to get through it without many problems. After that my cousin and I would play paRappa the rapper for a while lol I still remember the soundtrack from that game.

I happen to be one of the older FF players who started at I, but the funny thing is that the ONLY game I had actually completed is X-2. The game I came closest to completion was VIII.. I was no match against the fusion of Utimecia & Griever the legendary Guardian Force. After a few tries of defeat, I quitted the game and moved onto FFIX which I had left midway into the game after getting ps2 and FF10 and FF10-2.

What Square-Enix should do, is take the Gogo idea from Final Fantasy VI, amd let us customize our own battle system, but use XII's lines too... Like, you could put it like,

Fight
    Special skill the character has
    Magic
    Item

Then with the XII target lines, I think that'd be a much neater battle system. You were out in the open where any enemy could attack. Know what I mean, tidusfan (I don't know your name yet lol)?

Final Fantasy Will never End
    S-E have to change the name of the Franchise to The Never Ending Fantasy or something like that...

For Me Final Fantasy die in X...X-2
    And now Knowing that S-E have linked FF X & X-2 With VII it sucks
    andwhat S-E want to do all that titles of FFVII? They bring us any Title they imagined with the History of VII but not an Remake of the Original...

An theres is a rumor of an -ENDLESS CRISIS- Final Fantasy VII...
    What we will see in that new title if is true? They leave opened the Story after the Secret Ending of DIRGE of CERBERUS... What now the Ending of the Story is going to be a Battle vs Genesis and Weiss? or they will bring Back Sephiroth Again?

The Franchise Revived with FFXII for me, there is
    Love Story but no is the Central point of the Game and the Obvious couple are: Vaan & Penelo and Balthier & Ashe

With the XIII S-E, wants to have a new version of the old History of the Crystals... well we will how they do it... I'm more interesting in the Versus XIII because is the Antitesis of the Original XIII With Lightning and the Protagonist is a Male, the Male Prince...

I hate more FF-X, when I Knew that the Original plot to the game was the used in FFVII -AC-... The Original Plot Yuna will travel around Spira curing all the Desease made for Sin... and they Used that for the Genova disease in -AC- FVII

Bad of S-E of doing that
    ~The Prophet of the Rebellion, The Herald of the Revolution~
    \\Somnus Nemoris//
    Tellus dormit
    Et liberi in diem faciunt
    Numquam extinguunt
    Ne expergisci possint

What the hell are you spouting off about?

Killer Carrot, Noobs united mesalgear's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Knegative View Post
    You chose my post as an excuse to spew that nonsense?

YOU'RE MY FAVORITE NEW SHRINER!
    is dat good, can i have like 1000 messages saying that ff12 was more crap than having a cow shoved up your ass while playing london racer on your pc

vaan is gay

Quote Originally Posted by Kazu View Post
    Final Fantasy Will never End
    S-E have to change the name of the Franchise to The Never Ending Fantasy or something like that...

For Me Final Fantasy die in X...X-2
    And now Knowing that S-E have linked FF X & X-2 With VII it sucks
    andwhat S-E want to do all that titles of FFVII? They bring us any Title they imagined with the History of VII but not an Remake of the Original...

An theres is a rumor of an -ENDLESS CRISIS- Final Fantasy VII...
    What we will see in that new title if is true? They leave opened the Story after the Secret Ending of DIRGE of CERBERUS... What now the Ending of the Story is going to be a Battle vs Genesis and Weiss? or they will bring Back Sephiroth Again?

The Franchise Revived with FFXII for me, there is
    Love Story but no is the Central point of the Game and the Obvious couple are: Vaan & Penelo and Balthier & Ashe

With the XIII S-E, wants to have a new version of the old History of the Crystals... well we will how they do it... I'm more interesting in the Versus XIII because is the Antitesis of the Original XIII With Lightning and the Protagonist is a Male, the Male Prince...

I hate more FF-X, when I Knew that the Original plot to the game was the used in FFVII -AC-... The Original Plot Yuna will travel around Spira curing all the Desease made for Sin... and they Used that for the Genova disease in -AC- FVII

Bad of S-E of doing that
    WTF

J. Peterman
    lol some of you guys are really smart

Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum View Post
    lol some of you guys are really smart
    Finally someone who doesnt critisisemy views lol, peace out

it'll never end

ekinserge said
    I'm in love with milk tea
    Facebook = Zulzalihin Mohamed

Quote Originally Posted by ekinserge View Post
    it'll never end

ekinserge said
    NEVER!!!!!!!!!!!
    PEOPLE LOVE IT 2 MUCH

END FACHISM
    END CHAVISM
    ALLAH!!!!

huh?

Say what?

Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    LOL, Kazu, that's the biggest crapload I've seen here in weeks.

Congrats dude.

I imagine you didn't finish FFXII then, if ya think that Ashe and Balthier are an Obvious couple.

The shock you'll have when you see these cute little kids with rabbit ears at the end of FFXII.

And don't even get me started on this FFVII-FFX link shit of yours.

Wait - There were rabbit-eared kids running around at the end? I didn't notice them... I think maybe I should play the game again.... even though I told meself I wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Hynad View Post
    LOL, Kazu, that's the biggest crapload I've seen here in weeks.

Congrats dude.

I imagine you didn't finish FFXII then, if ya think that Ashe and Balthier are an Obvious couple.

The shock you'll have when you see these cute little kids with rabbit ears at the end of FFXII.

And don't even get me started on this FFVII-FFX link shit of yours.

Well I dont care if you dont believe me
    In the Ultimania Omega of FFVII Magazine they explain everything
    See this Link:

See the Number 7:
    -7: Translations concerning the plot-related connection between FFVII and FFX/X-2 (007)

They Explains the Link is that the Shinra Boy that appear in X-2 and his research of a new type of energy, and some lines of the Story they put in the FFX-2 International + Last Mission... They Explain an Interview with some of the S-E Staff and... well yo will read what they say

And I Finished the XII
    Penelo is who talk and say the things that our Heros are doing now, and She is Using the Outfit of Revenant Wings at the End
    And the Song of Angela Aki, Kiss Me Good Bye, was playing during all the End
    And we see when Basch is now the Master Judge Gabrant
    But I dont remember seeing any Rabit-Kids
    And Fran & Balthier took the Strahl

I Say that the Couple of Balthier and Ashe Beacuse the Ring, She feel something to him at a Scene near the End... I think It was before going to the Bahamuth

And Yiazmath was a big Challenge

I have Played Final Fantasy I, II, IV, V...
    VII, VIII, X,X-2, XII
    The Final Fantasy VI I'm currently playing it
    The Final Fantasy IX... Well... at 33%
    The Final Fantasy XI... NO!

In the Ultimania book, all they said about that "link" to FF VII is the way the world works. That the pireflies are a lot like the lifestream from FFVII.

As for the rest, they are ramblings that are irrelevent. As there are nothing in game that points to those far-fetched and crazy ideas. There are no Pireflies in FF VII. People go to the farplane in FFX, they do not return to the planet.

As for FFXII, Ashe doesn't feel any more for Balthier than anyone would feel for a dear friend. And you can see the "Rabbit-kids" in the images during the credit roll. And from them, it is crystal clear that Balthier and Fran are together. A good eye would have seen that detail. Balthier sent back the ring to Ashe because he found something of higher value, as he said he would earlier in the game if he did find that. My guess is that finally having settled down with Fran and having his own family is a lot more valuable than any ring or material luxury he could get his hand on.

And Yiazmat was only a long battle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hynad View Post
    In the Ultimania book, all they said about that "link" to FF VII is the way the world works. That the pireflies are a lot like the lifestream from FFVII.

You should work on your japanese a bit.

As for FFXII, Ashe doesn't feel any more for Balthier than anyone would feel for a dear friend. And you can see the "Rabbit-kids" in the images during the credit roll. And from them, it is crystal clear that Balthier and Fran are together. A good eye would have seen that detail. Balthier sent back the ring to Ashe because he found something of higher value. My guess is that finally having settled down with Fran and having his own family is a lot more valuable than any ring or material luxury he could get his hand on.

And Yiazmat was only a long battle.
    I dont know Japanese I read the Translation...
    Well The Fact is that the games are Linked, the World of VII all we know that is not Spira is another, and the Family of Shinra is who Travel to Another World when the Tecnology of the Machina in Spira was capable of World Travel, and they Founded the Company Shin-ra in VII

They say something that they Wanted to be a Sequel of VII
    But later in the Ultimania they say that X like a Pre-quel is Good

I Believe that you alll was thinkig that when I mean The Link bt VIII & X, was something like Yunas was the Grand-Grand-Grand-Grand Mother of Tifa or something like that

Rabbit-Kids, well in the Credits, that Images are only for the artbook of the game, they dont mean anything like that. Sorry for the things I'm going to say I dont try to Insult you

Well what you say about Fran & Balthier is no more than a Fanfic... until they dont do something, like a Sequel and show us the Family born of the love of Fran & Balthier, all what we say will be a Fanfic...
    For Example:
    Before the game when out I was Thinking that Vaan & Ashe will be the Couple, an the games will end with the Classic Kiss... but nooooo
    I can write a Fanfic retelling the Original Story that way...

Sadly but is true...

The Princess of Dalmasca still love the Prince Rasler

Long Battle, Challenge is the Same
    The F... Monster was Anoying

So you're telling me that the pics in which you see Balthier with his rabit-kids is nothing but a... fanfic of the game in which they are? These pics are used inside the confines of the game, they thus have a relevence to the game.

Sorry, and I DO mean to insult you here, but you're really pathetically stupid to even have thought of writing that last crap-filled comment of yours for the public eyes to see.

And nope, long battle has nothing to do with challenging. A challenge has some difficulties to it.