Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: When do you think Final Fantasy will finally end?

I have Changed, Just Like You, Just Like You StarryniteTrist's Avatar
    Gosh then I need to hurry up and finish the game, too stuck on the boss shortly thereafter meeting Larsa

But anyway, they probably wont end FF no time soon, especially if they really are releasing simultaneous FF 13's

A Peachy Spring is Coming!

Life for Final Fantasy FainaruFantaji's Avatar
    It`s alright as long as FF does not end, eh...

Anyway if FNC compillation is going to be as lame as FFXII FF is DEAD!

Quote Originally Posted by FainaruFantaji View Post
    It`s alright as long as FF does not end, eh...

Anyway if FNC compillation is going to be as lame as FFXII FF is DEAD!
    +1 but its already dead after FFX
    For relaxing times, make it [Hidden link. Register to see links.] time.

its quite a shame ff was shamed after x-2 and I dont know how people complain about ffXII when comparing it to the last ff game for a console. Which was ffX-2
    it was fun but not final fantasy material at all
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

what was horrid about X-2, im considering buying it

i can always make you smile~ Yui's Avatar
    Go to the FFX-2 forum and see the many complaints of many disappointed FF fans.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by StarryniteTrist View Post
    what was horrid about X-2, im considering buying it
    Honestly, I enjoyed FFX-2. After realizing it was a girly j-pop-inspired-girl-power game, I mentally said "This is not FFX" and went into it with an open mind.

The combat system is fun as hell (make sure to turn up the speed!), and having non-linear (sort of) gameplay is at least different. SOME of the music is catchy (most isn't, but there was one catchy battle theme, and a few others), and Yuna's Ballad is great.
    Beautiful graphics (same as FFX, really, only faster combat), and its pretty funny at times if you don't mind silly humour from time to time.
    No, FFX-2 will never be remembered as a classic, nor as a "true FF title" (although hardcore fans will never remember anything other than FFVI . . . /sigh). But right now it'll sell for dirt cheap, and the battle system alone is definitely worth the price of admission.

Quote Originally Posted by KALMAH View Post
    I HATED that XII was not a love story. It was an ok game, but it's not usually what Square-Enix does. A war between two city-states isn't what I want in my Final Fantasy games, and I hope that the makers will realize this someday. I wasn't really aware of a love story in XII except maybe between Penelo and Vaan, but then she is his 'sister' so to speak (they're both orphans, right?), and I can see where they would start to love one another, which is cool by me.
    Two things bugged me about FFXII's love stories.
    MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD

1) Vaan didn't get one. Now I dislike Vaan, and think he's a terrible protagonist, mainly because he has no reason to be there. If I have to stare at his back for the entire game, at least give him a love story or an actual revenge plot (don't say that he had one; after the first three hours Vaan never really spoke up again) or something to justify his existence. If he had some sort of plot element, it would be fine. But he really didn't . . .
    2) They (the love plots) made little sense. Vaan was heavily hinted at having a love story with Ashe (catching her in the Garamscythe Waterway, having his little heart-to-heart with her at night in some town, etc etc). Now again, I do like that they mixed it up and made it so the male and female protagonists didn't hook up with each other, but Ashe and Basch . . . what the hell? Where did that come from?
    3) (I know I said two things, but hey) Balthier didn't have a love story with me. C'mon, who WOULDN'T want Balthier?

Two things bugged me about FFXII's love stories.
    MASSIVE SPOILERS AHEAD

1) Vaan didn't get one. Now I dislike Vaan, and think he's a terrible protagonist, mainly because he has no reason to be there. If I have to stare at his back for the entire game, at least give him a love story or an actual revenge plot (don't say that he had one; after the first three hours Vaan never really spoke up again) or something to justify his existence. If he had some sort of plot element, it would be fine. But he really didn't . . .
    FFXII: Revenant Wings. I heard he and Penelo made some development on their relationship.

2) They (the love plots) made little sense. Vaan was heavily hinted at having a love story with Ashe (catching her in the Garamscythe Waterway, having his little heart-to-heart with her at night in some town, etc etc). Now again, I do like that they mixed it up and made it so the male and female protagonists didn't hook up with each other, but Ashe and Basch . . . what the hell? Where did that come from?
    Ashe and Basch were really the "hinted" couple, in my opinion. Ashe looks only at Vaan as a younger friend or maybe a brother. After all, she is older than him.

3) (I know I said two things, but hey) Balthier didn't have a love story with me. C'mon, who WOULDN'T want Balthier?
    Balthier was with Fran. It was heavily hinted in the game. Their trust and loyalty to each other prove that there is something more to their relationship.

The Irish Viscount, KALMAH Mr E. Stalker's Avatar
    Yui's right, you know.
    -Ireland is where strange tales begin and happy endings are possible.
    -I'm in love with Rosa Farrell. I'm better then Cecil.
    -You know what is really going to make me laugh uncontrollably? When they come out with Final Fantasy XXX.
    -Freedom of Speech is the best freedom ever.
    -Real men wear [Irish] kilts.

I will have to pay attention to all of this when next I play it, lol.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Yui View Post
    FFXII: Revenant Wings. I heard he and Penelo made some development on their relationship.
    Good for Revenant Wings, but I still count Vaan as a terrible and boring main character/viewpoint for FFXII.

Ashe and Basch were really the "hinted" couple, in my opinion. Ashe looks only at Vaan as a younger friend or maybe a brother. After all, she is older than him.
    As far as I can tell, Ashe and Basch had as much hints as Steiner and Garnet. Vaan & Ashe had a special connection that no other characters had, but the connection was totally dropped after their nighttime conversation; Vaan barely said anything relevant after that.

[/quote]Balthier was with Fran. It was heavily hinted in the game. Their trust and loyalty to each other prove that there is something more to their relationship.[/QUOTE]By with me, I meant Balthier and I . . . it was a joke

You guys seriously have not looked at the big picture. Final fantasy is not the only franchise in the market that seems to keep moving forward as technology advances. Have you forgotten Zelda or Mario? These games have been around almost as old as the Final Fantasy series, and as a matter of fact, saying things like FFXII would be your last FF game isn't true, because everyone knows when this stuff gets released and you seen a preview or played a demo, you know you would want to buy it. Maybe for plenty of reasons, graphics? Storyline, maybe even for eye candy's.

Nonetheless I am looking forward to receiving my FF tactics lion wars remake for the psp.

Also I guess I do understand about that whole storyline boredom thing, I never even finished FFXII, it got too stupid and boring for me to finish. I swear Vaan is the worse FF character I ever seen. I may actually look forward for that FFXIII versus, because of the people developing it, what was it? The staff of ff advent and kingdom hearts? Might be interesting...

If Sora pops up in the middle of Versus, I'm literally going to shit my pants, change my pants, then throw the game away, because even though I love KH1, that's just not right.

Onion Kid
    Sora won't show up in Versus, unless he's a joke cameo (as in, a short joke cameo).

Nomura likes his dark, brooding characters; look at the king (I think he was a king?) from the original Versus trailer. Sora might be badass looking now, but he's not dark nor brooding

And I love the implied shot at KH2. "even though I love KH1"

Yukito; I agree and disagree. I don't doubt that FFXII will be the last Final Fantasy for some people. However, let's look at the bigger picture: Final Fantasy sales have been declining, at least in North America. Especially with declining console game sales in Japan (take a look at those pitiful Super Mario Galaxy sales), Final Fantasy as we know it might be very, very different soon. Dragon Quest IX is going to be a DS game, so maybe FFXIV will be PSP or DS, or on the Wii. Maybe Square-Enix will try something very different with it, or maybe they'll go back to their roots. Who the hell knows

Now, people always say "This is it, I'm done". As a World of Warcraft player, I personally have played with numerous people who have "Quit forever" and come back the next time their class gets a patch. Look at the WoW forums: people quit like twelve times a day every time their class gets nerfed.

I still don't doubt that for some people, FFXII will be their last FF. For some, their last was FFX, or FFIX, or FFVIII, or FFVII, or FFVI, and so forth.

However, the type of people who post here at the Final Fantasy Shrine forums probably won't really be "quitting Final Fantasy". Except for those who are super fans of Uematsu, Sakaguchi, et al. They might be holding out for one last "REAL" Final Fantasy game, but to be honest, I think the chances of that are very low. Look at Super Mario Galaxy; that was developed by the people who did Donkey Kong: Jungle Beat. You don't need the "classic all-star" team to do an amazing game. Look at Blue Dragon; the classic all-star team might be a bit long in the tooth.

Anyways, to sum up, Final Fantasy might be changing a lot, and saying "that's it, I'm done" before you have tried the next one is very unrealistic, especailly for the sort of people who post here.

In my opinion FF has been changing all the time already and it certainly won't stop now. I've enjoyed every FF game so far and I'm really loooking forward to what'll come next.
    I certainly can't see me saying that I'm done with it, unless I have bought all games up to at least XVII and they were all crappy. But as I said I liked all games so far, even the weaker ones, so I can't imagine not liking the coming FF games.
    "First, you must decide. Then you must follow through. I believe that's the only way you can get anything accomplished" ~ Lacus Clyne

I think they will stop producing FF-Games, if they dont make money with it
    Alice ich liebe dich!!!

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamialexa View Post
    In my opinion FF has been changing all the time already and it certainly won't stop now. I've enjoyed every FF game so far and I'm really loooking forward to what'll come next.
    I certainly can't see me saying that I'm done with it, unless I have bought all games up to at least XVII and they were all crappy. But as I said I liked all games so far, even the weaker ones, so I can't imagine not liking the coming FF games.
    Well, by changing (if you're referring to me) I meant a huge change away from the pretty FMVs and shifting to a more handheld remake format.

The only thing that'll turn me away from FF is when they stop totally with making new ones and only have remakes being developed. I enjoy remakes from tiem to time, but I just recently bought FFVI for my GBA (having lost my SNES copy) , and they're already redoing FFIV . . .

But other than that I don't care if it changes; as long as each game looks good I'm gonna buy/try it. I've enjoyed even the poorer ones, as the poster above me said.

I am always gonna love FFIV, but the DS version is going to be grand.

if they only throw the next new game on ps3 sales are not gonna be too grand me thinks...doesn't 7 seem like the peak of the series?

As far as I can tell, Ashe and Basch had as much hints as Steiner and Garnet. Vaan & Ashe had a special connection that no other characters had, but the connection was totally dropped after their nighttime conversation; Vaan barely said anything relevant after that.
    Because the characters are more focused on the important events than finding love, I guess. After all, even though there were little hints of love in the relationship between the characters, FFXII's main focus is to tell a story of trust, betrayal, and saving a kingdom.

Quote Originally Posted by virtualchan View Post
    if they only throw the next new game on ps3 sales are not gonna be too grand me thinks...doesn't 7 seem like the peak of the series?
    i must digress similar to the way that sales of the PSP rose immediately following the release of Crisis Core, it is only inevitable that they will rise with the release of FF PS3's forms

When will Final Fantasy end? Probably when hell freezes over.

Quote Originally Posted by StarryniteTrist View Post
    i must digress similar to the way that sales of the PSP rose immediately following the release of Crisis Core, it is only inevitable that they will rise with the release of FF PS3's forms
    it depends on the amount...but i do agree that this game has a lot riding on it...i can't think of any other ps3 exclusives that i am really looking forward to

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Yui View Post
    Because the characters are more focused on the important events than finding love, I guess. After all, even though there were little hints of love in the relationship between the characters, FFXII's main focus is to tell a story of trust, betrayal, and saving a kingdom.
    And to be honest, I rather liked it that way. FFXII's story was the best thing it had going for it, and it felt refreshing to not have the cliched love story we've seen ever since FF had love stories. Then at the end Ashe & Basch just sort of hooked up. I figured if ANYONE should do it it would be Vaan & Ashe, because they had the connection, but to be honest, I would have preferred FFXII without a love story.

And while PSP sales rose with Crisis Core, as I said earlier Japan is quickly becoming a handheld game country. A PS is a much larger chunk of change and you can't use it on the train. PS3 sales will definitely improve when FFXIII releases, but will they improve enough?

J. Peterman
    CELEBRATE GOOD TIMES COME ON!