Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crisis Core won't be last FFVII game

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by seph1r0th400 View Post
    Okay Xiahou Dun

1) If you read the post above mine, you'd know i was merely speculating on what further compilation Titles could be called, whist maintaining the naming pattern
    Jesus Christ... You really think there's going to be more FFVII titles? The Compilation of FFVII is already complete as is. No need for anymore 'speculation' on further complilation titles.

EDIT: Just because SE has trademarked 'Endless Crisis' as a title, DOES NOT mean that it will be made. Case in point, Chrono Break, the supposed third game in the Chrono series. SE trademarked that, amid wild speculation that the game was in production, when SE themselves have stated it is not.

2) Much of the rest of the info was taken from the FFVII: Early Files. These are found in the latest FFVII Ultimania book. They contain plot lines and scenes that were rewritten (such as Marlene, Vincent and Yuffie's backstories) or removed because there simply wasnt room for them on the game discs. Translations of the relevent pages here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    Oh for crying outloud... just because they weren't added to the game doesn't mean they are gonna be remade into a game. As you stated they're in the FFVII Ultimania Book (mainly to tide over fanboys/girls who get a sexual pleasure out of anything to do with FFVII imo.). Just because they are listed there does not prove that they are considered canon by SE etc.

EDIT: Also, unless you can fully translate one of the FFVII Ultimania's with 120% accuracy with the Japanese dialect and also use the proper context, do NOT trust fanbased translations as they are almost 100% liable to have inaccuracies due to poor translation. Until SE "officially" release a English text of the Ultimania, don't try to pass it off as gospel.

3) "On a Way to a Smile" consists of several books/Stories

The Case of Denzel
    The Case of Tifa
    The Case of Yuffie
    The Case of Barret
    The Case of Red XIII
    The Case of Shinra
    The Case of the Lifestream

Only Case of Denzel has been animated. But the others exist. Translation of which can be found here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Note: Case of Shinra Translation is not yet comlete]
    Did I say they didn't exist? No. Once again, you are quoting fan translations of what may or may not be considered canon. Unless SE themselves release the info and state it being canon, take it with a grain of salt. In other words, don't necessarily believe it to be true.

In Case of Red XIII, Red was mulling over the fact that he would outlive all his friends. So Vincent (being imortal) got Red to agree to meet him every year, on a plain overlooking Midgar. From this it is it means in (Retro?)spect, that at the end of FFVII, when Red was going to Midgar with his cubs, he was going to meet Vincent.
    Where the hell does it say that? Provide proof for this claim.

4) I was NEVER going to mention an Aeris revival plot. Her death was the most defining moment of the game so I wouldnt even dream of it.
    Well, one fanboy actually thinks Aeris's death was ok. 1 point in your favor.

Your whole post, reeks of fanboy drivel through and through. Final Fantasy VII is 12 years old, and the original game itself is a good game (Not great and most assuredly NOT 100% perfect!), but for crying outloud grow up! It is JUST A DAMN GAME.

Leave it as it is. If SE eventually decides to go back to FFVII, and does state that in a official form, and raises the above points etc THEN discuss it. Otherwise stay quiet about it.

Almost every year some person creates a username based aroud Sephiroth (most of which are idiot fuckin noobs), finds some small tidbit of information somewhere, considers it canon and has to spread the word.

If you feel the need to do so, here's some free advice:

Don't.

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I'm definitely not somebody who keeps up with FFVII's backstory and whatnot, such as the novels and short anime; I just play the games and say, 'That was fun'. But after playing Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core, I can maybe see the possibility of one more title, as Genesis makes a return at the end of DoC. I may be wrong; this could just be a cliffhanger that will ultimately have no resolution or be expanded upon, but this is just my theory. If they do decide to make another Compilation game, I really hope it's the last one. I don't want a whole new story breakthrough to initiate another five games or whatever; that would be just ridiculous. Honestly, if they want FFVII to be this long-running franchise, it should've just been turned into an anime series. I do love Crisis Core, while DoC is pretty much just a title I played through once and have no intention to go back to again, I seriously think this compilation needs to be over. I could've gotten by with just Crisis Core; no Advent Children, no Dirge of Cerberus, none of that. But seeing as how SE loves its FFVII just as much as the raging fanboys do, they just keep adding and adding and never once giving us any hope of a resolution to it all. I'd like to see them finally settle down and say, "Okay, the world is at peace now; time to retire". The characters are gonna be old and bald if SE keeps milking this franchise for long :O

Palmer, you have gone too far! Rick Cristo's Avatar
    I hope not. I pray it's not

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Cristo View Post
    I hope not. I pray it's not

Another FFVII fanboy surfaces...

Silent Shriner #0
    Quote Originally Posted by Death's Head View Post

Another FFVII fanboy surfaces...
    "If they make it, they will come"

Do you wanna date my avatar? TheKev's Avatar
    Off-topic: I am 'still' waiting for that Chrono game

Quote Originally Posted by TheKev View Post
    Off-topic: I am 'still' waiting for that Chrono game
    Be prepared to wait a long time...

Don't revive dead threads jeikoo. I already told you once before in a revived thread. Look at the date of the last post BEFORE posting. If it's older than 3 months, don't revive.