Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crisis Core won't be last FFVII game

The only side I'm on is my own. GT_Stevo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Espanha View Post
    Jesus, anyone with the title "Emo Dude" has got to be a joke account.
    Most of the time I don't waste my time on chumps like that. Then again, usually joke accounts have maximum of 1-2 posts, so I figured "what the hell, I need to blow off some steam..."

Shriner
    Well, if there is another FFVII game, i don't thionk that Genesis will be out to destroy the world...I think he may do a fuhito and try to destroy stuff which is bad for the world...Unfortunatly, i suspect that mankind may be on his list

Master of the wind
    Quote Originally Posted by Denny View Post
    Hmmm

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Very interesting. *twirls mustache*
    Some s-e guy whos name i forget, claimed that after crisis core final fantasy 7 wont be returning until its 20th anniversary.10 years from now.

Quote Originally Posted by ROKI View Post
    ENOUGH!
    Yeah no kidding.

At least not just another FFVII game, but also a Kingdom Hearts game. Kingdom Hearts Zero does sound cool though.
    Check out my Resident Evil & Silent Hill Quote Quiz:

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    I didn't now they were making a KH prequel... S-E is making me unashamed of my non emulating PSP.
    Disney really has no business with Final Fantasy. FF7 ended with FF7. There never was a Dirge of Cerberus or Advent Children (enjoyed the movie, but still) as far as I'm concerned.

Square Enix should be ashamed of themselves...Kingdom Hearts was a stupid idea solely because of Disney. It would have been an awesome game without Disney in it (yes...I played through the first one). So God forbid another Kingdom Hearts game with Final Fantasy 7 involved. Or any Final Fantasy for that matter! I'm just glad that FF2/FF3/FF4/FF6 was never involved.

But really...why must they continue to destroy a perfect game? Money, perhaps? Why can't they just leave the game the way it is and stop risking it's certain death?

Quote Originally Posted by Knegative View Post
    I so wish that they'd make more KH games on Nintendo consoles.
    Indeed.

They're making all these little prequel games for all of the console I don't friggin own. Ah well. I just want them to come out with KH3 instead of these little side themes.

The only side I'm on is my own. GT_Stevo's Avatar

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by all_we_know View Post
    They're making all these little prequel games for all of the console I don't friggin own.
    For each prequel game, they're making it on a different console (i.e. PSP, Mobile Phone, etc). So in the end, no one wins, really. It's all about the money in the end, which is sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Ironfungus View Post
    I'm just glad that FF2/FF3/FF4/FF6 was never involved.
    Actually, FF6's Setzer was in KH2 (though his part was minimal and underplayed). You can expect more FF cameos in the prequel games. Of the slew of characters, I would wager that Cecil or Cain/(Kain?) will be in Birth By Sleep.

But really...why must they continue to destroy a perfect game? Money, perhaps?
    In the end, just like any Die Hard movie, it's all about the money.

The Kingdom Hearts I couldn't care less about, the only one I liked was Chain of Memories because the battle system made me so very happy. I doubt they'd re use that.

Otherwise, all I can say for FFVII?

If you remake it, don't you TOUCH the plot/characters. I know they will anyways, but it's worth a shout. I just would HATE it if things like Shalua and Weiss ended up in FFVII. <_<

Onion Kid
    FF7 got revived too many times theres no plot to fill look at FF6 and FF2. we dont know shit about some of the characters in them but nobody complains about that, why don't they just make FF7: reality where you can see sephiroth and cloud brush their teeth and take a shit FF7 is the only final fantasy that had so much stuff

edit: only crisis core can get away with a villain whos only lines (or like 90%) are quoting a fucking play that had no relevence in FF7 the game could have worked without him even EXISTING, they're obviously running out of ideas or not trying hard enough anymore.

Silent Shriner #0
    ...o rly??

Quote Originally Posted by Radical Juice View Post
    FF7 got revived too many times theres no plot to fill look at FF6 and FF2. we dont know shit about some of the characters in them but nobody complains about that, why don't they just make FF7: reality where you can see sephiroth and cloud brush their teeth and take a shit FF7 is the only final fantasy that had so much stuff

edit: only crisis core can get away with a villain whos only lines (or like 90%) are quoting a fucking play that had no relevence in FF7 the game could have worked without him even EXISTING, they're obviously running out of ideas or not trying hard enough anymore.
    I agree; Crisis Core did NOT work the way I thought it was going to. I figured, okay, maybe Zack vs. Sephiroth, not Zack vs. Genesis, and a few other afterthought villainous characters who overall did not work well. They should never have had Genesis come back at the end of DoC; it needed to end right then and there. The story is DONE! They could practically make a whole new entire game series out of all these new characters they keep bringing in.

and they probably will...useless basterds

Great i'm a sadistic evil person with a wing sticking out of his back. F***ing Fantastic. Oh well at least I have a big sword

Zack vs. Sephy alone wouldn't have worked for a game maybe a OVA/film but not a game hence the new characters.

I guess when you're making a new game, it's only proper to bring new faces into the mix, so maybe it's not that bad after all

oh lawd

Sig too big

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    SE makes new chapter in FFVII Saga...

'Final Fantasy VII : The Search For More Money'

(Ok... I watched Mel Brook's Spaceballs last night, and Yoghurt's speech seemed applicable here.)

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

Square Enix should be ashamed of themselves...Kingdom Hearts was a stupid idea solely because of Disney. It would have been an awesome game without Disney in it (yes...I played through the first one).
    Kingdom Hearts without Disney involvement would be nothing. No worlds to go to, no villans like Captain Hook or Oogie Boogie, basically no storyline because of the villans being nonexistent. KH wouldn't even be a game without Disney in it, let alone be the 'awesome' game you think it would've been.

Edit: I JUST realized how old that post I quoted was. /doh

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou Dun View Post

(Ok... I watched Mel Brook's Spaceballs last night, and Yoghurt's speech seemed applicable here.)
    Niiiiiiice!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou Dun View Post

Nah, we know that name won't work. After all we've got AC BC CC DC square has a patent for Endless Crisis (EC) so we need an FC and maybe a GC. i know my alphabet motherfuckers!

Shriner
    EC = Eternal Crisis (more likely)
    FC = First Crisis? (The Story of the Crisis from the Sky - FFVII's Knights of the Old Republic), Final Crisis? Future Crisis? (Red and Vincent's story over the next 500 years...Hey both will live a very long time and On a way to a smile implies that Red was going to that cliff to meet Vincent)

GC=Genesis of Crisis (See First Crisis)

As to a FFVII Remake, I hope they include some of the stuff cut from the Original for disc space mentioned in the Early files.

Such as:
    *The Cobolt-XIV and Indigo-XV subplot. This would have resolved an open plot point - the nature of the experiments that Hojo performed on Red XIII

*Tifa confiding in Aeris with the truth about Nibelheim and asking her not to tell Cloud.

*The return of Zangan and Tifa learing Final Heaven from him.

*The plot point that up until the Northern Crater, the Party was chasing JENOVA (mophed into Seph's form (That's my attempt to reconcile that with the icinic scene in the Ancient City)). Also, she would cut of her own body parts to create the Jenova monsters you fight (Brutal) and by Jenova Death, she was just a heart. Also, this inculded 2 additional fights against her - One just before Nibelhiem and one in the Temple of the Ancients.

*An amalgam of Yuffie's In-game and Original Storyline. The original is easily modified to it the in-game

*Various other scenes that were cut for disc space reasons
    THe SPICE MUST FLOW

Dang, somebody sure knows their FFVII :O

Im impressed. And I have learned some new stuff. bravo sir, bravo.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    ... I thought we wouldn't have to deal with inane inaccuracies and fanboy drivel. Obviously I was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by seph1r0th400 View Post
    EC = Eternal Crisis (more likely)
    FC = First Crisis? (The Story of the Crisis from the Sky - FFVII's Knights of the Old Republic), Final Crisis? Future Crisis? (Red and Vincent's story over the next 500 years...Hey both will live a very long time and On a way to a smile implies that Red was going to that cliff to meet Vincent)

GC=Genesis of Crisis (See First Crisis)
    Where the fuck did you get this info from? This all smells just like some fanboy drivel. The [Hidden link. Register to see links.] has been made into a OVA included with the FFVII AC Blu Ray DVD edition, and it has nothing to do with Red XIII meeting Vincent again. Red XIII at the end of the game, was there for a dramatic ending to the game, showing just how the planet has reverted to it's 'true form', in a way saying that Midgar has become the 'Promised Land' that Shinra was after.

There are a lot of contradictions between the original FFVII game and with the whole Compilation series, for details go [Hidden link. Register to see links.].

As to a FFVII Remake, I hope they include some of the stuff cut from the Original for disc space mentioned in the Early files.
    You haven't read the FFVII forum charter have you? All conversation regarding a FFVII remake is forbidden. Any talk of a FFVII remake in this section, will likely result in said post being deleted by one of the moderators.

Such as:
    *The Cobolt-XIV and Indigo-XV subplot. This would have resolved an open plot point - the nature of the experiments that Hojo performed on Red XIII
    Hojo stated that the experiments he did on Red XIII where to breed with Aeris a Ancient(Cetra) with incredible longevity to withstand his research.

*Tifa confiding in Aeris with the truth about Nibelheim and asking her not to tell Cloud.
    All I can say to this, is What the fuck have you been smoking? Seriously this is purely fanboy speculation and drivel.

*The return of Zangan and Tifa learing Final Heaven from him.
    It was stated in the game that Zangan's time was 'running out', in other words he knew his end was near and was getting his affairs in order before he died. In short, passing on his master technique to his most promising student (Which he did state in game), Tifa.

*The plot point that up until the Northern Crater, the Party was chasing JENOVA (mophed into Seph's form (That's my attempt to reconcile that with the icinic scene in the Ancient City)). Also, she would cut of her own body parts to create the Jenova monsters you fight (Brutal) and by Jenova Death, she was just a heart. Also, this inculded 2 additional fights against her - One just before Nibelhiem and one in the Temple of the Ancients.
    The jury's still out on this one, as it's open to the player's interpretation of what they think it is. Most players have their own theories about this incident, so let's just leave that there and not say it's something when it may or may not be.

*An amalgam of Yuffie's In-game and Original Storyline. The original is easily modified to it the in-game
    Yuffie and Vincent were secret characters only available to join your party AFTER you've done a quest to recruit them. You can play the whole game through WITHOUT them. So this point here, imo, is null and void.

*Various other scenes that were cut for disc space reasons
    Like what? What other scenes are you implying?

Don't you dare mention a "Aeris Revival' quest, as her death was integral to the story plot. SE has stated that Aeris was always going to die somewhere along in the story to progress it. Saying otherwise, is not only false, but pathetic. If any of this 'information' is true, it would be listed not just on the site I gave the link to earlier, but would also have been stated in numerous other sites and forums as well. IMO, just pure fanboy drivel.

Shriner
    Okay Xiahou Dun

1) If you read the post above mine, you'd know i was merely speculating on what further compilation Titles could be called, whist maintaining the naming pattern

2) Much of the rest of the info was taken from the FFVII: Early Files. These are found in the latest FFVII Ultimania book. They contain plot lines and scenes that were rewritten (such as Marlene, Vincent and Yuffie's backstories) or removed because there simply wasnt room for them on the game discs. Translations of the relevent pages here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

3) "On a Way to a Smile" consists of several books/Stories

The Case of Denzel
    The Case of Tifa
    The Case of Yuffie
    The Case of Barret
    The Case of Red XIII
    The Case of Shinra
    The Case of the Lifestream

Only Case of Denzel has been animated. But the others exist. Translation of which can be found here: [Hidden link. Register to see links.] [Note: Case of Shinra Translation is not yet comlete]

In Case of Red XIII, Red was mulling over the fact that he would outlive all his friends. So Vincent (being imortal) got Red to agree to meet him every year, on a plain overlooking Midgar. From this it is it means in (Retro?)spect, that at the end of FFVII, when Red was going to Midgar with his cubs, he was going to meet Vincent.

4) I was NEVER going to mention an Aeris revival plot. Her death was the most defining moment of the game so I wouldnt even dream of it.