Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 12345678913 ... LastLast

Thread: The one soundtrack when you knew you were hooked to Game Music

Phoenix Wright.

Onion Kid
    Sonic CD japanese ver. & Wipeout 3

Jeremy Soul, in Total Annihilation. God i love those songs

Knight of the Holy Order Alexplosion's Avatar
    Sonic Adventure 2:Battle for he Gamecube got me hooked. I can still sing "Live and Learn" without missing a line.

I've always liked video game music but I think Donky Kong Country got me hooked. You play the Coral Capers theme for anyone and they automatically know what it is. Everyone loves that one.

<Insert Funny Title Here> Yuikiko's Avatar
    It was Megaman X for me.

Onion Kid
    Castlevania for me.

Originally, I had done an "experimental" video game collab for a CD. Since then, I've been listening to VG music... a lot more often.

But, I think I'd have to give credit to Pokemon Ruby/Sapphire. They have some pretty epic/addictive themes (mainly the Aqua-Magma; Groudon-Kyogre-Rayquaza battle themes).

The Legend of Zelda: The Adventures of Link

...and Batman for NES, lol

Grand Shriner
    FFVIII.

Though Turrican 2 might be considered the first time when I have actually recorded the music from my Amiga (tape, anyone?).

Hmmm... what got me into game music... Well I think Pokemon Silver (my first Pokemon game) made me appreciate game music more. Probably because it was also my first RPG (well, actually Earthbound was my first, but I hated it and quit after an hour), and it was the first time I experienced such a slow game. You can just walk around in a city and enjoy the music because you don't need to be on your toes for enemies. I didn't really get into game music until after I played Kingdom Hearts, though. The KH2 OST is my favorite OST ever. I have lots of game OSTs engraved fully into my memory that I can basically listen to in my head.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Oh god that's a toughie. First game soundtrack i feel in luv with was the MegaMan 2 OST, still sum of the bes tunes ever. Then there wuz Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time OST, with the Fairy Fountain theme(one of my faves). But probably the soundtrack that forever got me hooked wuz the Street Fighter Alpha 3 OST, #126 - Simple Rating(best game music EVER!!!!) I listened to that as well as the KH and KH2 OSTs all the time
    They're all dead....They just don't know it yet(The Crow)

Oh god that's a toughie. First game soundtrack i feel in luv with was the MegaMan 2 OST, still sum of the bes tunes ever. Then there wuz Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time OST, with the Fairy Fountain theme(one of my faves). But probably the soundtrack that forever got me hooked wuz the Street Fighter Alpha 3 OST, #126 - Simple Rating(best game music EVER!!!!) I listened to that as well as the KH and KH2 OSTs all the time

Shriner
    Final Fantasy VI has my all time favorite OST. Very first video game OST I ever downloaded and still love. No theme on that ost I hate. Made me start to love music from a video game series. I also love the Zelda: LTTP OST, too.

Then I started on with other FFs, such as FF5. I don't know why so many people hate that game's OST. I think its wonderful.

*thinks a very long time*
    I remember playing Medal of Honor Allied Assault at my uncle's house, that game was already special for me because I couldn't play it at my own pc..
    And the music of that game was just fenomenal, later on I found the OST of the original PSX game and I listened it a whole night long.. damn...that was nice

When I first played Final Fantasy VI back when it was called 3 in the US, I found myself begging my mom to buy me the OST that was listed in the flyer included with the game. I also used to hook up my SNES to my stereo and record the music to Street Fighter 2 on tape.

Onion Kid
    I always thought it was catchy starting with Sonic the Hedgehog and Super Mario Bros. 3, but FF VIII got me hooked.

I would have to say either Star Fox or Donkey Kong Country at first, then FF VIII. Some great sound tracks right there. Right now I'm listening to FFXII and it's wonderful. Reminds me of FF tactics advance. Great game.

Rygar.
    Upon attending Ms. Anderson's tea-party, Butters was nowhere to be found. Police were baffled as no traces of the feline were found.
    Erwin, a startled neighbour: KITTENS do NOT belong IN BOXES, AMIRITE? ~

Onion Kid
    ff 10 had an amazing soundtrack
    and so did mgs 2

I freaking love donkey kong country, Especially the factory level music.

Onion Kid
    Had to be Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars. I dunno why. I just got stuck to it.

For me it's a tie between Mario Kart 64 and Banjo-Kazooie.

You know what they say, all toasters toast toast! Mario Kinnikuman's Avatar
    My penchant for Video Game music entailed the first Video Game I ever played; Super Mario Land for the Game Boy.

And...a couple of years later, I discover myself compiling Video Game music into unofficial albums. It's funny how things develop.
    SSB.Brawl Friend Code: 2750-0958-5412 Brawl name: Gavin
    Video Game music to rip:
    The Incredible Machine II (OST) - Done
    Johnny Bazookatone (OST) - Done
    Bust-a-Move (DOS) - Done
    Puzzle Bobble Variety (OST) - Done
    Zuntata Rare Selection Vol. 5 Hot Menu (OST) - Current
    Bust-a-Move (SNES) - Next

one word SHENMUE!!!!!!