Page 2 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: The one soundtrack when you knew you were hooked to Game Music

Onion Kid
    Chakan the forever Man was the one that really got me into any sort of music or music that at them time and even now that I consider just totally awesome. Same goes for future cop lapd but that was way later. I just wish I could figure a was of getting ahold Chakan the forever man or a rip of the music. Christ I wish my sega worked.

Sonic 2 for the good old Mega Drive. Which was by the the the first console I owned.

I would have to say the game that directed me into the music of gaming would be Breath of Fire IV. man that was some rich music and listening to it today brings me back to the days when all i did was, eat go to school and play games for hours.

Id have to say Morrowind, The intro tune is well good to fall asleep to...

Yay! I'm an Onion Kid! Kupo! Pray_Love_Will_Grow's Avatar
    I got hooked with FFTA music.

Sonic the Hedgehog pt. I, Street Fighter II, Double Dragon III for NES, Ninja Gaiden I,II, and III, Toe Jam & Earl 2 (LOL!), King of Fighters, tha list just goes on. I luved videogame soundtracks since I was like 4 years old (I'm 18 now). Some weekends, I remember hookin up some speakers and a nice subwoofer to tha headphone port on tha Genesis and going to tha sound test in almost all my games, this was especially nice for Inner Darkside on Shinobi III!

No strings attached! Chocobo_Puppet's Avatar
    Final Fantasy, probably 10.
    Then I just started loving video game music. I find that RPGs tend to have the best soundtracks of any genre.

Ooo! That was when I was like... three years old and first played Megaman 2... Metalman's Stage music caught my ear and since then I tried to keep all melodies of games I liked in my memory.
    The only tune I've NEVER forgotten was "Holy Intruder" of Secret of Mana. ^^

Onion Kid
    I'd liked VG music for a long time but I only really started delving into it when I really wanted the soundtrack for Lagoon for the SNES. For all of the crap that game takes, it had an awesome soundtrack.

The mario soundtrack always got me XD
    woooowooo, Sweet Child of Mine

Future Game Music Composer Music_Lord's Avatar
    Medal of Honor: Rising Sun

ChillNova MasterBlaster Level 2 chillnova's Avatar
    My first console was a Sega Genesis, back in the nineties. The two games that started the nostalgia was The Lion King and Sonic Spinball, which was hella boring at first but became a favorite later on. But I've got to say the one game music that got me hooked, particularly because I listened to it for approximate 75% of my early adolescent life, it for long periods of time, in the car, at night, was that of Pokemon.

I thought it was the sht when the little Pikachu would follow you in Yellow Version! Remember that sht? I remember first playing Yellow version at Walmart and I think somebody pulled a super-ass cheat on the savegame; Weedle, Pidgeoto, Ratatata -- any fcking pokeman you caught -- followed you, like the Pikachu. I speant coutless hours trying to rediscover that cheat, and was very dissapointed when faced with the prospect that I quite possibly dreamed the entire event... But Gold and Silver were the bloody shts big time, in a good way, musicwise.
    "RRRRHHHAAARHGH!"

"Das World Es Caput..."
    **Welcome to ChillNova!**

ChillNova MasterBlaster Level 2 chillnova's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Slim View Post
    Sonic the Hedgehog pt. I, Street Fighter II, Double Dragon III for NES, Ninja Gaiden I,II, and III, Toe Jam & Earl 2 (LOL!), King of Fighters, tha list just goes on. I luved videogame soundtracks since I was like 4 years old (I'm 18 now). Some weekends, I remember hookin up some speakers and a nice subwoofer to tha headphone port on tha Genesis and going to tha sound test in almost all my games, this was especially nice for Inner Darkside on Shinobi III!
    Yes! Yes! Me too! I hooked two big ghetto-ass three-foot thrift-store speakers to my telly and let that sht play for weeks on end. I guess that's why my genisis don't work now, but the sucker sure as hell held up back then.

Future Game Music Composer Music_Lord's Avatar
    Bom Chicka Wah Wah!

I dun remember d00d
    for sure its ff tho,maybe 7

Cake eater
    Legend of Zelda,

then further enforced by Secret of Mana and Chrono Trigger

Grand Shriner
    Street Fighter and super valis 4

i remember playing exhumed aka powerslave on saturn because of the soundtrack , but aerith theme brought tears to my eyes...

Castlevania, Metroid, Megaman, Doom, Whole Bunch others thats just a few but every game no matter if it is a really $#!/y game has at least one memorable soundtrack.

Shriner

Final Fantasy 1-VIII, Jade Cocoon,Donkey Kong 1-3, and Sonic the Hedgehog. And oh yes, for some reason Mega Man did it for me as well. I was hooked on alot of different video game musics. All of which I consider my first love. ^_^

Shriner
    Megaman 2 Nes Woodamns theme is cool!

Golden Sun was the first one that got me hooked.

Sonic Fan from Poland AndySonicFan17's Avatar
    It begun with games on NES.

Hitoshi Sakimoto really got me obsessed with video game soundtracks, namely Radiant Silvergun, Vagrant Story, Final Fantasy Tactics.