Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shachou View Post
    Favourites:
    Full Metal Alchemist wasn't bad at all.
    Neither was FFVII: Advent Children.
    I fucking lol'd. A lot.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Master View Post
    I support you with that. Naruto & Bleach are the worst dubs (for me) that i ever hear.

The voices just sound... ankward.
    The Naruto dub tends to annoy me to the point where I wonder why I watch it. Bleach, not so much. The only times I really hate Bleach is when a character gets like a whole minute to talk to themself and it feels like they go on for eternity. D=

Onion Kid
    Favorite:
    Cowboy Bebop
    Samurai Champloo
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Hellsing

Worst:
    Tenjo Tenge (just awful)
    Naruto
    One Piece
    and probably a few more i just cant think right now, honestly though dont ever watch the dubbed version of Tenjo Tenge *shudders just thinking about it*

DubJ...

Shriner
    I got another one, but this one is probably an anime you've never heard about.

The anime Cybersix had a REALLY good dub job, as it was actually made in conjunction by Canadian and Japanese animators. It translates equally well between English and Japanese, but you'd be hard-pressed to find a Japanese version.

I liked the dubbed for Full Metal Alchemist...
    I think that one is the only one where I prefer the dubbed...
    And I was preety happy with Advant Children...
    Ambitions....

Onion Kid
    Good dubs: Full Metal Alchemist and Dragonball Z

Dragonball Z, the voice acting is pretty cheesey, but I have heard some of the original Japanese and tbh I prefer hearing "KAMEHAMEHAAA....TIMES FOUR!!" in English.
    FMA was good too, the voices weren't annoying, I actually watched half the series in English before being forced to switch to subs, which was quite weird to get used to for the first couple of episodes.

Bad dubs: Bleach. My god some of the voices, they're terrible, I think the worst has to go to Inoue though, she is just so high pitched and her voice is just plain annoying.
    I wasn't even considering watching it in English anyway after having seen 140+ episodes before even discovering there's actually a dub out there, but still, I suppose it's amusing just to see how bad it gets when you meet more of the characters. Japanese ftw.

Yeah...
    I also hate how they dub openings...
    Like Haruhi Suzumiya was terrible... Boken Desho Desho was so good in Japanese...
    And for Magic Knights Rayearth...
    It was slaughtered...

Onion Kid
    I can tell i've got a hell of a lot more Anime to watch, haven't heard of any of those before! Also never heard any dubbed openings before, that's just plain wrong..

I know!
    So bad...
    Youtube has alot... and people even try to make their own!
    Ouran's Sakura Kiss opening is constantly being butchered!

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kagemaru jigoku View Post
    Yeah...
    I also hate how they dub openings...
    Like Haruhi Suzumiya was terrible... Boken Desho Desho was so good in Japanese...
    Unless you watched something other than the English version, this is a really dumb claim. In the English dub, only the insert songs in episode 13 were changed. The opening and ending stayed the same.

Personally, I find that the Hellsing Ultimate OVA #3 english dub (preview) gave most of the Wild Geese operatives higher pitched voices than in the original Japanese version... it sounded somewhat strange to me, but that's my opinion.

Faves: Full Metal Panic/Hellsing

Worst: CardCaptor Sakura/Naruto (BELIEVE IT!)

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Navi View Post
    Faves: Full Metal Panic/Hellsing

Worst: CardCaptor Sakura/Naruto (BELIEVE IT!)
    Gotta agree with you on the Naruto thing. I'm naturally biased against Naruto anyways cause it's the utmost overrated thing since Gak. But why is Naruto yelling ALL THE TIME!!!
    theNikkumanchan, intellectual enthusiast/unemployed ninja

Grand Shriner
    Best:
    Cowboy Bebop
    Black Lagoon
    Ranma 1/2 (before Richard Cocks)
    Hellsing Ultimate
    Gundam Wing

Worst:
    EVERYTHING AND ANYTHING THAT HAS MICHELLE RUFF, JOHNNY YONG BOSCH, AND STEPHENIE SHEH IN IT!!!

As in The Melancholy, Naruto, Bleach, and any other shitty shonen trash.

Also, Fist of the North Star was BADDDDDDDD, one of my favourite series ever has a horrid, horrid English dub (LEX LANG ALERT!) Also, Spike Speigal=/= Shin. EVER!

Also, id like to say, Wendee Lee is too fucking old to be playing kids. How does she find work for this shit?

Righful owner of the matrix jewess crabcake's Avatar
    Actually The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya had one of the best dubbings.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

You own a Xbox 360? Join the [Hidden link. Register to see links.] today!

Not quite your ordinary house. PerfectLibra's Avatar
    Hmm ...

Best:

1. Fullmetal Alchemist ~ Pretty much the pedigree: the standard that all dubs should follow. The actors took the material seriously and most importantly - sounded like they had fun doing it.

2. Cowboy Bebop ~ Perfect choices for the characters - I couldn't imagine them having any other voices. Blum is a master.

3. Excel Saga ~ Another top notch effort on the part of a cast that took the job seriously but still had a great time - Hell - the original English VO for Excel blew out her vocal cords during taping and they had to replace her! PAIN FOR ART!

4. Berserk ~ I couldn't imagine this dark medieval fantasy in Japanese.

5. Witchblade ~ Misane sounds hotter moaning with pleasure in English than she does in Japanese. Plus – there were a few lines in English that had were funny as Hell: “What the crap?!” and “What, this douche bag?” Plus – the other characters started calling Misane “Melanie” on account of her huge breasts. Being an English speaker – this running joke translates better than others.

James / Meowth from Pokemon: I LOVE these two. Just to hear these two talk was the only reason I would ever watch Pokemon. Shame that Adam Blaustein got a sex change and couldn’t do Meowth anymore. ( Also the reason he couldn’t do Lezard in Valkyrie Profile 2 ::cry:: )

Worse:

I can always find merit with dubs – but there are those that are notoriously bad – people have already pointed them out. Here are a few roles that come to mind …

Keifer Sutherland as Ross Syllabus in Armitage III: Wow Keifer – you were hard up for cash pre-24 eh? Once more with feeling please.

Most of the cast of .hack//sign except Sora: Horrible attempt. I love .hack and they pissed all over it. Though - the guy that did Sora was pretty damn good.
    I aim to misbehave.

sees through the bs! All Seeing Eye's Avatar
    Best Dubs?

Black Lagoon, Cowboy Bebop, Berserk.

Worst Dubs?

Chrono Crusade, One Piece, Naruto.

All I can think of right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ktulu View Post
    God is love! Mother FUCK you if you don't agree you worthless fucking wretch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
    . Rap cannot make anyone anymore racist then they already are.
    Throw your 128kbps MP3's in the recycle bin. Enjoy the future! Enjoy Lossless!

Righful owner of the matrix jewess crabcake's Avatar
    Hmm, I've never listened to Black Lagoon's dubbing, I'll see how good it is.

Best
    Space Battleship Yamato

Worst
    Robotech (only after I saw Macross)

Onion Kid
    Long time lurker, first time... something or other.

Best dubs:

#5: Blood + (Expecially after I heared David in Japanese...)
    #4: Full Metal Alchemist
    #3: La Blue Girl
    #2: Naruto
    #1: Full Metal Panic? Fumoffu!

Worst Dubs:

#5: Sailor Moon (still ok, but...)
    #4: Amazonga Daioh (Even Luci Christan couldn't save that one)
    #3: Cardcaptors (The way it was writen... that's all)
    #2: Bible Black
    #1: Ah! My Goddess: Flights of Fancy (You knew ADV was going to screw that up)

Dubs that suck, but in a good way:

#5: Exel Saga
    #4: Bleach
    #3: Kisaku the Leach
    #2: Super Milk Chan
    #1: Ghost Stories

Onion Kid
    Best dubs: FMA, FMP, black lagoon.

Worst dubs: gundam wing.... i can't think of anything worse than that one.

Shriner
    The best dub I've seen so far would be The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - The sub version was just so brilliant I was worried if the dub would be crap. Turns out that it was dubbed very well and the voice actors fit their characters perfectly. I also have to say that the Lucky Star dub was done really well since it can be hard to transfer cultural jokes and gags to another culture; for this anime they did it perfectly.

A dub that really disappointed me was Air. The voice acting wasn't THAT terrible but it just didn't fit with the characters. There wasn't that intense emotion I felt when the anime tells the story in Japanese than in English but I still cried in both.

I never thought Sailor Moon or Pokemon to be really bad dubs. Probably because I grew up watching the English version. Though I can point out thier silly mistakes like "Nothing beats a jelly-filled doughnut" when its a riceball in Brocks hand; or the infamous "sandwich" replacements -.- Though the english version of pokemon has quite alot of changes that it confuses me when I watch the Japanese version.

worst: Giant Robot
    Although I love the story plot and other characters. Main character's voice is still horrible.

we people space with phantoms avilslare's Avatar
    Best:
    Cowboy Bebop
    GITS: SAC + 2nd Gig
    Last Exile

Worst:
    Slayers