Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Dubs

Onion Kid
    I hate love hina and bleach, but naruto is kinda good anyway =P

Onion Kid
    Bad: Naruto ( eng. ), Eva ( eng. ), blue Gender (English) and with bleach I'm on the fence. sometimes its good other times i hate them. and some of the earliest gundam's
    Good: Naruto (jap), Eva (jap), Full metal alchemist (both), Full metal panic (both),Trigun (eng.), Samurai 7 (both) and gundam Seed and some of the 0080th MS team, and some of the later gundams. their are others but i tend to be snooty about dubbing since i have been watching them since the 80's and have seen the acting go from okish to amazing in some cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Count Pichula View Post
    Bad: Naruto ( eng. ), Eva ( eng. ), blue Gender (English) and with bleach I'm on the fence. sometimes its good other times i hate them. and some of the earliest gundam's
    Good: Naruto (jap), Eva (jap), Full metal alchemist (both), Full metal panic (both),Trigun (eng.), Samurai 7 (both) and gundam Seed and some of the 0080th MS team, and some of the later gundams. their are others but i tend to be snooty about dubbing since i have been watching them since the 80's and have seen the acting go from okish to amazing in some cases.
    I thought the voice acting on Evangelion was pretty good actually.
    honk honk

Onion Kid
    well , i understand were you are coming from. it wasn't god awful. It's just as i said. i tend to be a bit of a snob about it. and some of the supporting characters suck. ritsuko and Gendo i think had better voices in the Japanese version. that's it. it wasn't like it was horrid. i just want to see what the new ova's sound like. and i am for once ( cause usually i don't ) in favor of the Japanese track over the English? odd. trust me i find it at odd's with my usual feelings but if you have the chance watch eva in Japanese. it just fits better with characters like gendo and others. But that's just personal opinion.

Righful owner of the matrix jewess crabcake's Avatar
    Best Dub ever... bible black. The dubbing was sooo bad it was good. This is the first time I actually laughed at bad dubbing. I reccomend everyone to wtch it even if you aren't into hentai, just listen to the horibble-ness.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

You own a Xbox 360? Join the [Hidden link. Register to see links.] today!

Onion Kid
    i have never watched it, but i have always wanted to cause it just SOUNDED bad. And after so many have incited me to here i think i will.

Seriously the horrible script and horrible voice acting combines into a funny mess.

Onion Kid
    well i mean a buncha girls at some school Cambridge-Esqu school find a book that makes people have dirty sex? and spells?! I don't see how this could go wrong?! a long time ago i was working at a FYE and we were in the back and a copy of bible black Was in a to be put on the shelf bin for discounts and this guy named jim who was frickin hilarious grabbed it and was like SWEET !@#$ DO you KNOW WHAT THIS IS?! so i went home and was laughing about it to my Girl friend and she was like what?! it's WHAT!? i think it was one of the interactive games...but GOD it was horrid...

Quote Originally Posted by Count Pichula View Post
    i have never watched it, but i have always wanted to cause it just SOUNDED bad. And after so many have incited me to here i think i will.
    everybody watches it cause of the good dub, duh.

Onion Kid
    you know what Virtualchan...well said...well said....

Worst english dubs for me are Rockman (yeuch), Digimon Frontier and usagi in Sailor Moon.

I think Elfen Lied was really bad Jap. version was way better.

Bleach is good, and FLCL is waay better in eng.

Vidja-ma-game fanatic mintfresh's Avatar
    I think Pokemon had an alright dub in terms of voices, but the localisation was horrible; "When you have rice, you make doughnuts!"

Best dubs? I thought Chobits was good, Cowboy Bebop was very good, and I reallyenjoyed Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi, some people were put off by the southern accents, but as someone pointed out earlier in the topic, the southern american accent is the western equivalent of the osaka dialect used in the original version. Alos, they handled the localisation really well, only changing cultural references where there waslittle chance of them being understood, and the equivalent references they made were well chosen and phrased in general.
    I don't want to control everything, I simply want people and events to mold themselves to my desires.

Well, the one thing about dubs that we should be grateful for its that they are windows to the originals. I would not have know half these shows if they weren't dubbed, good or bad.

Oh no, I still have my list.

Best dubs go to Digimon, Trinity Blood, and Samurai Pizza Cats.

Worst dub period goes to Card CAPTORS. What a disgrace

I would say for the worst dub the original 4Kids handling of One Piece, but that's too obvious. Battle Arena Toshinden, that was...inexcusible.

As long as Humans exist, so will war Kusanagi28's Avatar
    I'd have to say all dubs suck - with the exception of Full Metal Alchemist because they actually took it seriously, it wasn't just for kicks and giggles or money. I'm not sure of subs though because I never had a reason to get one with subs since Japanese is my second language.

God will not do for Man, what Man cannot do for himself.
    We make our own paths in life, we have the power to make our own decisions.

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Hello, foolishly ignorant person.

Maybe you should try actually, you know, watching a few shows dubbed before you make dumb claims like that. What you're saying may have been true 10+ years ago, but dubs have come a long way since then, and most high-profile shows that are released now tend to be competent, with a few even being noticeably better than the Japanese counterparts.

Wow, you must have never watched, Cowboy Bebop, for one, any of the shows people said were good. How about you read the thread, do a little research, then make an educated assertion.

Onion Kid
    Digimon, SD Gundam and Megaman (the EXE one) are just.... damn i cant put it into words.

Theres a hell of a lot more, I just can't think of any off the top of my head.

are these the good or bad ones?

Onion Kid
    Every season of Digimon after the 2nd was terrible. I don't think there really was a "good" season of SD. And Megaman EXE was plain stupid.

hmm, I liked Digimon season 4 with the power rings. I thought the story was good and the action was great. SD Gundam, I'm not sure if I've watched it. And I liked Megaman.EXE I don't think the dubbing was all that bad, nor was the show so rotten.

Yeah, Digimon 1 & 2 were the best seasons altogether. No matter how good the rest were dubbed (and I asmit, they were), the show altogether after season 2 was cockadookie

I may be biased by saying Naruto's dub is crap, but it is. Not that I hate the show (which I do, most overrated anime series of this century), but why is the titular character yelling ALL THE TIME? What's he SO mad about that he's on a constant attempt to outline it?
    theNikkumanchan, intellectual enthusiast/unemployed ninja

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by thenikkumanchan View Post
    Yeah, Digimon 1 & 2 were the best seasons altogether. No matter how good the rest were dubbed (and I asmit, they were), the show altogether after season 2 was cockadookie

I may be biased by saying Naruto's dub is crap, but it is. Not that I hate the show (which I do, most overrated anime series of this century), but why is the titular character yelling ALL THE TIME? What's he SO mad about that he's on a constant attempt to outline it?
    I support you with that. Naruto & Bleach are the worst dubs (for me) that i ever hear.

The voices just sound... ankward.

Favourites:
    Full Metal Alchemist wasn't bad at all.
    Neither was FFVII: Advent Children.
    I can't say I like most dubs otherwise.

Haaaates:
    Descendants of Darkness [ Muraki had the NERDIEST voice. WTF. ]
    Cardcaptor Sakura [ PARDON ME. Cardcaptors, I suppose. D< ]
    Too many others to list, that was just the big one. xx ;