Page 1 of 12 123456711 ... LastLast

Thread: Best/Worst Dubs

Onion Kid

Best/Worst Dubs

What do you consider your favorite and least favorite dubs?

Favorite:
    Samurai Champloo
    Fullmetal Alchemist
    Desert Punk

Worst:
    Azumanga Daioh (Osaka has a southern accent...)
    Elfen Lied

Well, if one never made the mistake of watching anything in multiple languages, the quality of dubs is usually only a matter of opinion. Also, Hellsing.

Although I didnt watch it dubbed, in every DVD review of Elfen Lied they say that the dub was really good.

Dont ever watch Naruto dubbed

Best:
    La Chevalier D'Eon (I find it kinda jarring to watch it in Japanese than in English.)
    FullMetal Alchemist (Had a very good dub, and it didn't make my ears bleed.)
    Utawarerumono (Has a great dub so far.)

There alot of dubs that I like, but typing them all would give me carpel tunnel syndrome. >_>;;

Worst:
    Bible Black (It was hysterically bad. I know it's a hentai anime, so dub-wise I shouldn't have expected much, but COME ON.)

This has to be the worst dub ever. But then again, it was horrible in Japanese too. XD

Onion Kid
    Not anime or manga but the dub of Transformers Takara: Headmasters is really poor. the japanese language track is miles better and the robots sound like robots

pedo mc tax me softly, black person (whom i love)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprosy View Post
    Hellsing.
    This fucker doesn't know what the hell he's talking about.

I'll give you Seras being terrible, but the rest of the characters are damn near perfect.

EDIT: And the new OVA series kicks the shit out of the old one, so even the criticism of Seras doesn't hold up as much anymore.

Onion Kid
    A lot of dubs are extremely bad, to name a few there are Trigun, Neon Genesis Evangelion and Elfen Lied. However, there are good ones, though in very limited numbers. Example: Digimon and Hellsing.

Shriner
    You want a bad dub? Try Spider Riders. Not a very good anime (but not one of my worst), but it got torn to shreds by 4Kids. I hate that group.

Best dub? Vision of Escaflowne. That anime just rocked, and still is one of my old favorites.

The worst dub I've ever heard was Saikano, but then the original Japanese was particularly bad as well so eh. Galaxy Angel didn't really do anything for me either.

Best would probably be Cowboy Bebop. Excel Saga is pretty good too.

Onion Kid
    Sailor Moon's dub. I'm usually not too large of a dub hater, but good god that one was horrid.

You won't see me coming... TILL I STRIKE! (mauls) Venneh's Avatar
    All-Time Worst Dub:
    -Sailor Moon, as done by DiC ><;

Recent Runners Up:
    -Death Note, as done by Viz
    -The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, as done by Bandai

J. Peterman
    Captain America and the Magical Monkey: How Will The World Dance With France?

also

The Menace from East Easterland

also

NBA Final 2007

Worst Dub: For me it has to be FLCL. God that was atrocious.

Best: Cowboy Bebop did a pretty good job. And Spike just has the best voice.

But I dunno about you guys, but one dub I can't live without is the Golden Boy anime. That shit was well done. "STUDY STUDY STUDY!"

I. . .am. . .the. . .GRAEYSTONE! Graeystone's Avatar
    Sailor Moon dub. . .first anime I ever saw(when it was on USA network way back when) and came close to turning me off of anime forever because of Usagi's English voice actress.
    AOL chatroom survivor, ex-forum moderator, former IRC Operator. . .bring it on punks!

Ninja of the Niiiiiiiiight! MegaDaffy's Avatar

Smile

The best is Full Metal Panic! because the voices fit really well.

The worst is .Hack//Legend Of The Twilight because the voices were headache-inducing.
    "There are only two things in this world that I can't stand, people who are intolerant of other people's conscious...and the Dutch!"-Not sure where the quote came from but it was funny in "Naruto Party 4"

Autobot protector! Skullgrin140's Avatar
    The Best: Vision of Escaflowne, Berserk, Elfen lied, Gundam Wing

The Worst: Sailor moon, Robotech

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    You must be the first person in history to think Gundam Wing had a good dub...

But whatever. None of my business.

Quote Originally Posted by Prak View Post
    You must be the first person in history to think Gundam Wing had a good dub...

But whatever. None of my business.
    Other people have other opinions

Hey, I'll give you leeway to think whatever you like, but please never bring up that opinion crap with me. I will always challenge you, and you will always take the worst of it.

Hey, I'll give you leeway to think whatever you like, but please never bring up that opinion crap with me. I will always challenge you, and you will always take the worst of it.
    I'll keep that in mind, Sorry to bring it up

Onion Kid
    Best dubs:
    Solty Rei
    Cromartie High
    Ghost Stories

Worst dubs:
    InuYasha (which is my favorite SUBBED anime)
    Voltron --> no words could describe the horror.....

Feline Disrespect From Behind! SickHippie's Avatar
    Now, for the record, I HATE dubs. Even the best of dub is crap simply because it is a dub.

That said, the only halfway decent dub I've seen is Full Metal Alchemist.

As far as really crappy dub jobs go? The worst will always be anything by 4Kids. Shaman King, Naruto, One Piece, Yu-Gi-Oh... Absolute shit.

What really sucks about it is those are some of my favorite animes and mangas. Of course, the manga translations (and editing) always leave a bit to be desired - fansubs and scanslations FTW!
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by SickHippie View Post
    Now, for the record, I HATE dubs. Even the best of dub is crap simply because it is a dub.
    Congratulations. You are now a card-carrying member of the Moron Club. As a member of the MC, you are entitled to certain "benefits," including mockery and disdainful glares from all the more sensible members of the community.

Feline Disrespect From Behind! SickHippie's Avatar
    Congratulations. You are now a card-carrying member of the Moron Club. As a member of the MC, you are entitled to certain "benefits," including mockery and disdainful glares from all the more sensible members of the community.
    If by 'the more sensible members', you are including yourself, then I have no problem being excluded by you. I would much rather state an opinion about the actual topic of the thread than make a personal attack without contributing anything of real value.

Why don't you step down from your soapbox and enlighten us with what YOUR favorite and least favorite dubs are - since that is the topic of the thread.

Been there and done that in threads long past. Dig them up if you care so much.

Besides, blindly pointing out what you like without creating any real discussion is far worse than being argumentative.