Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: favourite guardian force?

I found Alexander to be incredibly useful once built upon. Junctioning Zombie to your character's weapon, and then summoning Alexander turned out to be a huge pay-off in the long run. Also, you can't forget about the Revive ability this GF hands over.

I didn't tend to use Cerberus that often, only in the latter stages of the game when battling Omega and Ultima Weapon.

And obviously, what it all comes down to in the end is that Eden is the strongest GF out there, hands down.
    Introducing the new and improved:

Previously known as Lionheart730.
    "There are no stupid questions, just stupid people. "

I can't believe Phoenix hasn't been mentioned yet. That GF saved my ass A LOT during my first battle with Omega Weapon.

Edit: Oh yeah, and can't forget Gilgamesh, when he shows up in a boss battle and uses Zantetsuken.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1982_tarheels View Post
    Reddas is the guy who got his brains blown out by Travolta in the backseat of Jules' car.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManRay View Post
    Oh, now i get it...

Your Posts aren't meant to be ironic... You actually think you're funny....
    I fucking hate FFShrine.

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    Phoenix is easy to forget it's not a "normal" GF. But yeah, there were at least a couple of times that Phoenix saved my ass. Great GF.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

Updating Stories Again! Reality.Fantasy's Avatar
    I've always liked Alexander. ^ ^
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    "Listen up! Teamwork means staying out of my way!"

ERMMM HMMMM hi
    EDEN F*****G OWNS!!!!!! but bahamuts my fav allways is and allways will be
    MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA hi

Showin Luv To The Phoenix GF.

Nobody seem to like my favorate, Quezacotl.

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    Well, I liked Quezacotl for giving me the Card Mod ability, if nothing else.

ERMMM HMMMM hi
    lol
    same here

Shiva/Diablos
    but i follow you like a men pocessed, if my heart could beat it would BREAK my chest.

alexander definitely because of the zombie method lionheart730 mentioned and the revive ability. plus i've always thought it's concept and look were great also

Grand Shriner
    Hard to say, but my favorites in descending order were probably:

Irfrit, Shiva, Bahamut, Quetzacoatl, and Leviathan.

Phoenix was pretty neat too. FF8 had the best variety of summons I think, even though the graphic power of FF10's look awesome. FF12 has by far the worst summons of all of the recent FF's. How they dropped the ball so badly in that respect i'll never understand.

Diablos 4ever
    Ever wanted to torch a small town?
    Ever wanted to smell flesh burn?
    Well now you can, in the legion of the damned.
    Join now, we've got a great dental plan!
    You know you want to!

Quote Originally Posted by Shumagaki View Post
    FF12 has by far the worst summons of all of the recent FF's. How they dropped the ball so badly in that respect i'll never understand.
    In my opinion, the summons aren't all that bad. It's just different is all, and suprisingly I've started taking a liking to a few of them.

Bahamut ftw XD
    The sword is a weapon for killing......the art of the sword......is the art of killing.No mather what fancy words...you use......or what titles......you put to it......that is the only truth.

My sig tnx to Galde

Grand Shriner
    In my opinion, the summons aren't all that bad. It's just different is all, and suprisingly I've started taking a liking to a few of them.

The main gripe I have about the FF12 summons is that they are fairly useless in the game. I, and probably a lot of people who played the game, summoned most of them only once, and that was simply to see the summoning CGIs. Considering that they played a decent part in the story line, that was very disappointing.

The other problem I have with them is the model designs. The summonings are no where near as spectacular as in previous FF's and I recall most merely involving a spinning circle with the character in it and some murky looking backgrounds. Some of the limit breaks were pretty nice, but a person would never see them if they never had a reason to summon one in the first place. A few had redeeming qualities, but many of the models reminded me of a bunch of monster body parts stitched together.. I didn't find their designs to be very well thought out. When I can't tell where the head begins or ends on a summon, I feel there's a problem. Their poor implementation into the combat system is another issue (with the summoner getting stuck alone and often being swarmed by monsters.)

I'm hoping we get more of the FF8/FF10 variety of summons when FF13 arrives..

Quote Originally Posted by Shumagaki View Post
    A few had redeeming qualities, but many of the models reminded me of a bunch of monster body parts stitched together.. I didn't find their designs to be very well thought out. Their poor implementation into the combat system is another issue (with the summoner getting stuck alone and often being swarmed by monsters.)
    I agree with those comments; only a select few of the summons had an actual concept behind their designs, those select few are the ones I've taken a liking to. On the other hand, you're also right when it comes to the implementation of the summons into combat. I've found myself summoning during a critical point in a battle, only to have myself killed and wasting my entire amount of MP in the first few seconds of the fight. All in all, I find FFVIII to have the best variety of summons in any Final Fantasy game.

I prefer Shiva because of the ice, Diablos from the power and Cerberus of the useful magic support

I haven't thought about it before, actually.

It's not necessarily my favorite GF, but I probably appreciate Quezacotl more so than any other GF for being both the wicked & lovably shrewd creature that it is, for making Triple Triad's importance (and borderline addictive gameplay) all possible.

If I were completely oblivious to each GF's ability, I'd favor Carbuncle most, because I happen to like its design best.

Sil'fur says "SILLY BITCH" Silfurabbit's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jagler View Post
    Mine is Diablos.

Me and [Hidden link. Register to see links.]!

Phoenix and Shiva.

And as for FF13, I want Anima back....Badly.

I need atb back! It started ff, so it should be kept as part of the tradition.
    The flames whirling around Vivi, like a flaming tornado!
    That's what final fantasy is all about.

Darkholy Overlord Dark Saint Ajora's Avatar
    Gilgamesh - I think he's Flat-out Awesome. Plus I like his Swords and their Techs.

Shiva - For giving me the Doom Ability nothing more. I found that Doom can work Better then Death, if Death Dosen't work Cast Doom. I remember taking down 5 to 6 bosses with Doom.

I wonder what it'd be like to be illiterate...
    No one is going to mention the cutest of the summons? And no I don't mean that moomba. I mean Carbuncle! I used him all the time.

I used Carbuncle fewer times than any other GF. I didn't find him to be all that useful, abilities set aside.