Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Thread: favourite guardian force?

Quote Originally Posted by IDX View Post
    Diablos? Weak? Lol
    Sure he's weak. At the beginning of the game, if you use the junction system but don't exploit it, your physical and magic attacks pretty take away about 1/2 or 1/3 the HP of most enemies. So, for instance, a Bite Bug with 400 health: on Disc 1, for most people, Diablos will be hitting for around 40-100 points of damage, at most a quarter of its health, while Squall & co. will probably be hitting for much higher. In order for Diablos to do as much as physical/magic attacks, he has to be between around 35-50, and by the time you've leveled him up there, your characters are between level 35-50, and by that time you've got better magic junctioned to strength to pretty much kill most monsters (enemies on the Islands Closest to Heaven and Hell aside) in one or two hits. Diablos can never kill any enemies by himself until he's level 100, and when you eventually level him up there, it doesn't matter anyway because your characters are level 100 and can kill anything in 1 hit.

So yes, he is pretty weak. Also, many if not most bosses are immune to his attack. He does have his uses (especially for enemies like Snow Lion, where 10% of the enemy's health is like 9999 damage), but for the most part his attack is weak.

Onion Kid
    Eden was pretty awesome, but doomtrain was my favourite i love the bit where the barriers come down at the beginning.

Onion Kid
    Shiva. Coz boobs lol.

Otherwise Quezacotl due to its unique design.

---------- Post added at 10:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:21 PM ----------

Shiva. Coz boobs lol.

Otherwise Quezacotl due to its unique design.

Quote Originally Posted by Olde View Post
    Sure he's weak. At the beginning of the game, if you use the junction system but don't exploit it, your physical and magic attacks pretty take away about 1/2 or 1/3 the HP of most enemies. So, for instance, a Bite Bug with 400 health: on Disc 1, for most people, Diablos will be hitting for around 40-100 points of damage, at most a quarter of its health, while Squall & co. will probably be hitting for much higher. In order for Diablos to do as much as physical/magic attacks, he has to be between around 35-50, and by the time you've leveled him up there, your characters are between level 35-50, and by that time you've got better magic junctioned to strength to pretty much kill most monsters (enemies on the Islands Closest to Heaven and Hell aside) in one or two hits. Diablos can never kill any enemies by himself until he's level 100, and when you eventually level him up there, it doesn't matter anyway because your characters are level 100 and can kill anything in 1 hit.

So yes, he is pretty weak. Also, many if not most bosses are immune to his attack. He does have his uses (especially for enemies like Snow Lion, where 10% of the enemy's health is like 9999 damage), but for the most part his attack is weak.
    Useful for ENC-NONE. I don't ever recall using Diablos in battle beyond the first ever time to see what it was. Just a demi based attack which is quite frankly, a load of bollocks.

Favourite GF though, hard to pick as I loved all the artwork for them. Probably Doomtrain for its uniqueness.
    Still in search of forgiveness |[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I did really love Leviathan.

bahamut and cactuar is the fav here
    *Overdrive Forums*
    a new forum for every age, gender and religion, not finish but open to everyone while work on Forum
    staff to make you safe and happy and to give you fast help, we also hire staff if you want to help out,
    we got contests with cool prizes, we also allow advertising in our off-topic and our advertise forum
    and we do accept advertise partners.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Shiva and Ifrit will always be my favorites for completely different reasons.

Onion Kid
    Quote Originally Posted by LILYisatig3r View Post
    I don't know, my favorite has always been Shiva hands down.
    I have this weird obsession with ice tho =0
    I have to agree with idx on your obsession thing. lol. Well, we all should be.

But my favorite is also Shiva, bahamut, quezacotl, diablo and odin. Well, they all good anyway, so its hard to choose or rank them.

Onion Kid
    ODINNNNNNN
    You can't mess with a god on a horse. One of the only GFs to get extra screen time and an alternative cut when fighting Seifer

Thumbs up

Probably Odin, but as a kid Ifrit was always fun to watch

Shriner
    Mine is Quezacotl, absolutely love it. It is both useful and cool looking. It's unfortunate it shares the element with such another top summon in Ramuh, as I would have liked to have seen it appear more often.

Onion Kid
    I liked Odin mostly for my real world interest in Norse mythology. Sad to see where his fate led him in this game. I was also fond of Leviathan mostly out of my like for the Water element in general, concerning classical elements.

Onion Kid
    Diablos and Leviathan , by the summoning animation ... Ifrit and Bahamut , by the looks/design ....... = )