View Poll Results: Do you Like Yuna's new look?

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah *drools*

122 54.46%
  • NO! *Vomits*

57 25.45%
  • I don't know *shrugs*

45 20.09%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789

Thread: Did you like Yuna's new look?

yes, i really like my heroine in difference outfit, mostly all outfit in x-2 lack design
    the thing i don't like is, it seem everyone personality is change too much

I didn't like Yuna that much in FFX2(though I did like her blasting Nooj's plan to defeat Vegnagun/Shuyin at the end). Her long braid thing made her look like she was some kind of mutant who grew a tail out of her head.

I really like Yuna's songstress outfit, the gunner outfit was alright too

I don't mind her new clothing, it's nice, but they seemed to make her face look entirely different, especially in FMV scenes. She didn't look like she's aged, she looked like an entirely different character. As for her personality...no. I really didn't like her in X-2, it was like they took away everything I loved about her from X.

I like her outfit but I really prefer her old one. I like the modest and peaceful look of her old attire. I know she's going through a huge change though and trying to be more expressive (like Rikku) but I still prefer her old style. Furthermore I don't understand why people call her outfit distasteful or slutty. They live in a world where people wear this kind of clothing daily and Yuna at heart is loyal, faithful, and not one to present her body in a distasteful manner. Love her in any outfit really, just prefer some to others. :P

Shriner
    When the game originally came out I was like wtf happened to Yuna?
    But I got over it and enjoyed the game for the battle system.

Banned
    I loved Yuna's new look. It was instant deja vu from the red light district.

Onion Kid
    Yuna is crazy .. and I am lazy

I played X-2 first (the joys of only being able to find certain games at the time) so I didn't realise that there had been that big a difference between the Yuna that I was playing and the previous Yuna. That said, I quite liked her look in both games

Onion Kid
    The whole idea of a "sweet" Final Fantasy failed. The new outfit completely contradicts Yuna as a reserved and romantic character from Final Fantasy X, and I do not think making her an easy-going person - all of a sudden - is really character development

Onion Kid
    I just loved that my favorite summoner was dual wielding pistolas!

For character development though is that there needed to be a change in her attire because of the events of X. Because what she once was, she isn't that anymore.

The Sexy One
    At the time I thought her outfit was fly and Rikku's thief outfit too but now years after the release they look seriously nasty, like strange anime mutations of the middle school trends of 2003.
    I am cooler, sexier, and better than probably anyone reading this.

Although I did like her character in ffx. I do think the change in ffx-2, showed Yuna as being more grown up. As with the dress spheres, I guess you all have your favourites.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

It's not really Yuna in X-2. Not just because even her face looks different, but Rikku convinces her to become a sphere hunter, and already has the outfit picked out for her, and she(and Paine) are constantly telling Yuna how to behave. She tries to emulate Rikku and Rikku tells her not to, but whenever Yuna says what she really wants(like peace and quiet just before they meet Gippal at Djose Temple), Rikku and Paine make fun of her. And she gets possessed by Lenne frequently...and the dresspheres themselves pass their emotions onto whoever's using them, so basically you get possessed period every time you use one. All that stupid crap about Yuna being 'stronger' in X-2 is as much of a joke as the game is. In X she had the strength to defy Lulu and Wakka in becoming a summoner, and then defied Yevon to defeat Sin. That's gone in X-2. She's lost after Sin is defeated and Tidus disappears and just latches on to whatever comes her way. I understand why she is different in X-2, but I don't have to like it and I don't and I never will.
    Last edited by Kalta79; 04-26-2019 at 02:18 PM.
    Yes, I like Reno's character quite well. If you don't, that's your problem, not mine.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalta79 View Post
    It's not really Yuna in X-2. Not just because even her face looks different, but Rikku convinces her to become a sphere hunter, and already has the outfit picked out for her, and she(and Paine) are constantly telling Yuna how to behave. She tries to emulate Rikku and Rikku tells her not to, but whenever Yuna says what she really wants(like peace and quiet just before they meet Gippal at Djose Temple), Rikku and Paine make fun of her. And she gets possessed by Lenne frequently...and the dresspheres themselves pass their emotions onto whoever's using them, so basically you get possessed period every time you use one. All that stupid crap about Yuna being 'stronger' in X-2 is as much of a joke as the game is. In X she had the strength to defy Lulu and Wakka in becoming a summoner, and then defied Yevon to defeat Sin. That's gone in X-2. She's lost after Sin is defeated and Tidus disappears and just latches on to whatever comes her way. I understand why she is different in X-2, but I don't have to like it and I don't and I never will.
    Very intresting thoughts there. I should replay ffx again, as it's really been a long time. What puts me of is Tidus always whingeing. A bit like Squall, in ffvii.

I've never had a problem with Tidus. He's a teenaged celebrity athlete who saw his whole world literally destroyed by Sin, ends up in Spira all alone, meets and befriends Rikku, only to have Sin show up again, wash him up on Besaid where he meets Yuna, then he finds out that Sin is really his hated father and the young woman he's falling in love with is going to kill herself to stop him. And the only two times I really remember him really getting upset throughout the game are when Auron tells him about Sin/Jecht and when he finds out what will happen to Yuna if she completes her pilgrimage. He actually handles it all pretty well, not getting depressed about it after the initial shock is over. He gets EXTREMELY determined to save Yuna's life, even after he finds out he'll vanish if Sin is defeated.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalta79 View Post
    I've never had a problem with Tidus. He's a teenaged celebrity athlete who saw his whole world literally destroyed by Sin, ends up in Spira all alone, meets and befriends Rikku, only to have Sin show up again, wash him up on Besaid where he meets Yuna, then he finds out that Sin is really his hated father and the young woman he's falling in love with is going to kill herself to stop him. And the only two times I really remember him really getting upset throughout the game are when Auron tells him about Sin/Jecht and when he finds out what will happen to Yuna if she completes her pilgrimage. He actually handles it all pretty well, not getting depressed about it after the initial shock is over. He gets EXTREMELY determined to save Yuna's life, even after he finds out he'll vanish if Sin is defeated.
    I must apologise, to you. I read your post, and realised, I was totally wrong. Not only had I got the wrong character, but the wrong game! It was Squall in ffviii, who often moaned, about the older generation.

Sorry it's a while, since I played either game.

Not only that, but it would seem, that we are drifting off topic.

I guess, but we're not off the rails that much...I remember a thread somewhere that went on for like 20 pages, and for two or three pages at least, some of the posters were actually arguing...about whether or not they were arguing. I can't even remember what the original topic for that was, or where it was, but the whole thing was ridiculous.

So back to the original topic, in case anyone couldn't figure it out yet, no, I don't like Yuna's new look, the outfit though didn't bother me as much as the ankle-length tail she suddenly developed out of her head...that stupid thing annoyed the crap outta me. Some say she styled her main hairstyle after Tidus, but I look at it and I just think of Genesis, who also annoyed the crap outta me because the Loveless poem was actually quite interesting, but after hearing him recite it for the zillionth time, I became loveless towards him and the poem...I don't mind one-trick ponies when they're actually ponies, but Genesis was just an @$$.

Yeah. She's awesome in FFX-2.
    Actually, I played X-2 before X. That's why I prefer X-2 version Yuna. Moreover, I love X-2's OP theme. Her dance was awesome!