View Poll Results: Do you Like Yuna's new look?

Voters
224. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yeah *drools*

122 54.46%
  • NO! *Vomits*

57 25.45%
  • I don't know *shrugs*

45 20.09%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Did you like Yuna's new look?

Quote Originally Posted by Sol-Buster View Post
    Thats because there is no need for a High Summoner anymore.....
    I understand that, but I think the pop star thing was a bit...overkill with the personality change. x_x

I post way too much on this disscusion :P

If anything I thought that the Yunapalooza concert suited Yuna because she wanted to bring everyone togethor so that Spira can set aside their differences. As a summoner in X, Yuna wanted to marry Seymour for that very similar cause. I don't view the pop star thing as anything but maybe a major change in clothes.

Besides, if Leblanc didn't pose as Yuna, do you really think that she would do a concert for no good reason but to entertain Spira?

By the way, I didn't give away a spiler warning because you find out right away that it's not Yuna.

BTW,SHE IS NOT A POP STAR.

The Yunapalooza thing was acceptable because it wanted to bring people together and the song was really beautifull and I think that was AWESOME.

But remember that the one singing and dancing on the first movie was *SPOILER*
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Leblanc......NOT Yuna.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So if you really look at it....Yuna is NOT a pop start.She has never even thought of getting on a stage and start singing and dancing like Leblanc did.

Me think Yuna hot!!!

Prisoner of Castle Oblivion Yuna Lumaria's Avatar
    I like Yuna in Final Fantasy X-2 alot, she my frist favorite character. I like that now she can do whatever she wants now and not go so serious on fighting Sin...lots of people dieing i know Yuna wasn't happy...even when Tidus left now she has her own free will.

And i think in the Japanese verison she doesn't act like Rikku....i think the Americans changed her...along with some of the story line.

yes because i see moer ass, the same goes with rikku
    For relaxing times, make it [Hidden link. Register to see links.] time.

Onion Kid
    Yuna in FFX was beautifully messed up, in a good way. Apologizing for apologizing, burying her worries while expecting to die just for a chance to save the world...for a little while. I've met her type. You want to strangle them, kick their ass, you want to give them a hug, and remind them their lives matter too...

When I first saw the commercials for FFX2, I felt the girl power. She'd earned the right to just run off on adventure, dress silly, and sing for the sheer joy of it.

Maybe it was more than a right. Maybe she really needed to, just to keep from dying inside.

First time I suspected something was wrong was when I saw the Matrix moves. Yuna leaping around, barely dressed in slow mo while the camera felt her up made me feel like I was being targeted as a demographic, I could almost feel the middle aged man next to me, asking me if I thought she was hot.

Worse was to come.

It wasn't that they wore revealing costumes, it was that almost every costume was either revealing or something parents would inflict on their 3 year old daughter because it's "cute". Put the two together with an echhi cameraman, and I had the feeling I was surrounded by horny men in a strip club.

The charming young woman, screwed up sometimes, but always trying to do the right thing, was nowhere to be found.

All that remained was someone else's idea of a fantasy girl giggling as she played dress up for strangers' eyes...

I liked Yuna in X-2 a lot. Her new look is perfect for her new life. You can't be a gunslinger girl in Summoner's robes. All that she went through in FFX is bound to have an effect. Maybe it seems a bit sudden for some? Watching the FFX-2 preview that came with Unlimited Saga eased me into it. And slutty? It's not like she's dressed as a cat-eared French maid...

*****drools*****

Ahem. Anyway if you'd spent your life used and abused as a religious icon, you'd want to cut loose too. Catholic schoolgirl syndrome.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Yes shes very Sexy in X2 as well as more immature, which fits the story line for X2 really well. If she was like that in X it would have sucked bad. She needed to be serious to do all the crap she was burdened with.. but in X2 is was pretty much her hanging out with all her friends.

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Butterfly View Post
    Yuna in FFX was beautifully messed up, in a good way. Apologizing for apologizing, burying her worries while expecting to die just for a chance to save the world...for a little while. I've met her type. You want to strangle them, kick their ass, you want to give them a hug, and remind them their lives matter too...
    That's how I see her too, rather than spineless. I really liked Yuna in X but X-2 was just a disastor all round. I can see the change in her personality, and why that might have happened, but it wasn't convincing at all. For me it was too drastic: it wasn't Yuna at all anymore. And the costumes just go along with that.

Don't even get me started on Rikku's costume...I made her into the samurai just so she'd put some bloody clothes on!

In my opinion, its a typical change in attitude when you think about it. Its like school. Homework, blah de blah, life isn't really all that fun. Then that holidays come, and you feel like hanging loose, yknow?

Enix, I think, was trying to replicate that same idea into X-2, to give the fans a new twist to her personality. After all, she killed Sin already, what else was she supposed to do as a boring old summoner?

But I'll admit, for 11-13 year olds, the clothes were WAY too flashy. But she DOES look good in it.

You Can't Have a Morning Set if It's Evening. Mierna's Avatar
    I liked Yuna's new look this time. I first thought, "Wait, wait happened to Yuna and Rikku?" It's skimpy, but it makes Yuna more 'free' in my sense. ^.^
    ~Mierna~

she looked whoreish if you ask me. i never really liked yuna that much though and i think the outfit is stupid i mean a tail thing in her hair and a quarter skirt. rikku wasn;t wearing enough but at least her personality works on her they just gave yuna the same one and said that she changed

The tail thing is her hair.....lol
    For all you people who didn't like Yuna's new look BLAME RIKKU!

Grand Shriner
    she can't have hair that long in 2 years. it's more logical that it's a clip on thingy.

yup and how come people always think everything is rikkus fault. yuna is stupid of her own accord

Quote Originally Posted by Reality.Fantasy View Post
    I definitely like Yuna's new look, but I cringe whenever she has that "Gullwings" moment where she acts like Rikku. Definitely was a way better character in FFX, but she still held her own in FFX-2.
    yeah i agree with this........she was fine until she had a gullwing ditzy moment. I loved her character more in X tho but yuna is still yuna

Lenne owns old and new Yuna any day 3 times over.

Here is how I see Yuna's change.

(spoilers)
    In X, Yuna knew that becoming a summoner that she would not live to old age. She was reserved and had excepted her fate. However, when she denied to chose one of her friends to be an aeon. After defeating Sin, she didn't really know what to do with her life, because being a summoner means that you would die at the end of your journey. She's 19 in X-2 and she realized that she had a full life ahead of her and decided to show her bubbly, sweet, cheerful personality. We know that when Spira was in danger she did become like she was in X. Responsible and mature taking matters into her own hands.

I love her personality and attitude, almost like me!^^ I'm really bubbly, sweet, and very cheerful.

Thumbs up yeah..

yeah i do like yuna's new look....

yes i do like here new look....

yes i do, but do i care? not really

Wink HMM

Well, In FFX you got to see her bra.. In FFX-2 you get to see a bit of her bum!!!Overall, yes, it's better. I much prefer Rikku though. :P
    ' Memories are nice, but that's all they are.. '

The Irish Viscount, KALMAH Mr E. Stalker's Avatar
    I like her in XXX-2 best.
    -Ireland is where strange tales begin and happy endings are possible.
    -I'm in love with Rosa Farrell. I'm better then Cecil.
    -You know what is really going to make me laugh uncontrollably? When they come out with Final Fantasy XXX.
    -Freedom of Speech is the best freedom ever.
    -Real men wear [Irish] kilts.

Quote Originally Posted by tidusfan1 View Post
    yup and how come people always think everything is rikkus fault. yuna is stupid of her own accord
    Better yet why aren't people blaming Tetusya Nomura? He's the one who designed the characters. I liked Yuna's look in FFX, but for some reason in X-2 it almost looks like she has "down's syndrome".

you know what I think i would have to blame the story line for the outfits. What i mean is maybe if the story had a little more influence from other characters (lets face it paine's whole thing was just cause they needed and reason for her to be there and it was optional to find out what happened to her) then maybe they wouldn't have had to make her so flashy. come on we all know the first one was about tidus and it didn't matter what yuna was wearing. point is she would have been boring if she kept her personality and not a very good main character even though i preferred her more in the first game. (i did kinda like the game though)