Page 1 of 10 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: "Woah" moments in gaming

Seriously.

"Woah" moments in gaming

What are some of the most memorable moments for you in gaming?

For me, it was playing Shenmue II for the first time on my Dreamcast. Basically, I played it for about 9 hours straight. Then, after 3 hours of sleep, I went to work, and actually believed I'd been in Hong Kong for the last 2 weeks. I came close to saying, "Hey everybody, I'm back! Did ya miss me?"

Edit: Thought of another one. Eternal Darkness, when Alex first walks into the bathroom, and has her little "vision" (anyone who's played the game knows what I'm talking about). It was about midnight, the lights were dim, and the volume was up. Couldn't have been a better moment.

For me it was after the first Mother Brain stage (while she's still in the glass) in Super Metroid when she stood for the first time looking like she ain't one to be trifled with. Followed by my little bundle-of-joy Metroid offspring coming to suck the life out of her.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    If you left it up to Magnus it'd always be their darkest hour, cuz, you know, he can't deal with that right now~
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Grand Shriner
    -
    Last edited by Ultimadream; 05-25-2013 at 04:37 AM.

SeeD Trainee Unlimited_Lionheart's Avatar
    Yea about that resident evil 3 , i had my volume turned up a bit and that part in police station where its all quiet. then u run past a window and 2 seconds later nemesis jumps in and all u hear is *crash* *roar* I was like oh shit! Yea ill always remember that moment

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to hb smokey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Reese's Peanut Butter Cup View Post
    For me it was after the first Mother Brain stage (while she's still in the glass) in Super Metroid when she stood for the first time looking like she ain't one to be trifled with. Followed by my little bundle-of-joy Metroid offspring coming to suck the life out of her.
    Screw that. Super Metroid, the whole game, would have been the better answer.

J. Peterman
    I WOULD HAVE TO SAY IN POKEMON: BLUE where YOU CATCH A PIDGEY AWESOME MOMENT

Quote Originally Posted by Professor Nintendo Head View Post
    Screw that. Super Metroid, the whole game, would have been the better answer.
    I would have said the whole game, however the whole game does not count as a moment(s). Hence my original answer.

But yes, I do believe the WHOLE game is spectacular. Almost cinematic for an SNES game. If they ever come around to making that Metroid movie they've been talking about for years, I would want it to be based on this one.

J. Peterman
    If they make a Metroid movie I would think that they would include some Pokemon to get the kids to watch it. You can replace the main bad guy with the evil Mewtwo. The evil one. And then have Metroid have a pet Togepi to help her.

Fatal Frame

My OMG moment was in fatal frame, scary as hell. Well I'm going down a hallway and turn to the left with my camera up. MY friend did it 20 mins ago on his file,nothing just a box, so no prob.. Wrong!! I look and right in my view is a ghost rushing toward me....with my heart stopped cold...click. And i didn't sleep for 3 days straight...

p.s.-Be afraid of all twin japanese girls in komodos...!

Quote Originally Posted by annsheme View Post
    p.s.-Be afraid of all twin japanese girls in komodos...!
    But I've always been attracted to japanese girls. Now I don't know WHAT to believe.

It's elementary, my dear Jiro.
    I agree. Twin Japanese girls inside komodo dragons sounds both disgusting and scary.

ZOMBIE VOODOO!!! Ghost_of_Freedom's Avatar
    At the start of Donkey Kong when all the bananas are gone!
    Thanks to UltimateFFFan.

FREEDOM! FOREVER!

I still don't understand what's so scary.

It's elementary, my dear Jiro.
    The fact that they're inside one of these:

<(^_^<) ^(^_^)^ (>^_^)> omega911's Avatar
    For me it was just playing FF8. It was the first RPG I got into and seeing the amazing cut scenes and the GF's was shocking to me.

i think most people's first expierence with an rpg was pretty overwhelming, especially if you were gaming for quite a while

my last "whoa moment" was in Crackdown when i conquered the agency tower

i can always make you smile~ Yui's Avatar
    The most memorable moment I had was when I finished Resident Evil 4. I was like, "WOAH! I actually finished the game!" Because I really didn't think I could beat the game. =(

Not my fault! Monkey bastard hands! Dr. Lucien Sanchez's Avatar
    My last "WOAH!" moment was when I first played Half-Life 2, right at the beginning when you have to run away from the Combine soldiers in those apartment buildings. I genuinely felt a massive panic come over me, my survival instinct kicked in, and rarely does that happen when I play a game.
    He had a very ambitious script. I said: “Garth, this is a very ambitious script for the money we’ve got – seeing as we’ve got no money. It’s extremely ambitious.” We were filming it in my garage – I had a big garage – but still it was ambitious to film a TV show in a garage.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.], Episode 5 'Scotch Mist'

My moment came when I was playing Streets of Rage II for the first time as a kid. I don't know exactly what it was, but I just rememer being in awe all the time I was playing, I guess you could say that the entire game was my "WOAH!" moment.

Another moment was when I finally completed Final Fantasy V for the first time, especially with all the trouble I had finishing it.

Silent Shriner #0
    I decided to test out my new speakers (it came with a sub and I had the bass up all the way just to see how good it is) and popped in Silent Hill 4 in my PS2. Now I'm sure most of you know what it's like to play a scary game in nothing but blackness (I have no windows in my room). Anyways, I'm like three feet away from the TV and I started the game from the beginning. After like a minute or so, someone in the game screamed suddenly (a loud scream because I had the speakers up pretty loud) and I swear I must've jumped 6 feet in the air. I didn't say "whoa", but more like "SHIT MOTHERFUCKER!!"

It was fun. I love those speakers...

when i saw the new trailer for halo 3. my first reation was... "whoa." (pretty)

When I saw the Person 3 trailer. I said, "Woah! It'd be a miracle if it made it to the US uncensored!"
    New Sig under construction

My most recent was getting 5 Stars on Thunderhorse on Expert in Guitar Hero II.
    My most memorable actual "Whoa!" moments happen with every release of any installments in the Metal Gear Solid series.

Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    The Shenmue series wowed me so far (when will we get the 3rd game? I NEED to see the end of this story!! Yu Suzuki, wake up!). I also remember I was really impressed by Zelda Wind Waker's graphic style (and its perfect rendition of it) as well as with Resident Evil 4.

But the last thing to wow me was the intro of FFXII.

Ive got to say that I was impesed with the graphics of Soldier of Fortune 2 when it came out. It was by far the most detailed and the bloodiest FPS out there. Also, the graphics of FFxii are quite impresive if you consider that its a PS2 game. I almost confused a FMV with an in game cutscene.
    Oh and the actions in the cutscenes of RE4 were amazing