Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 266

Thread: Anime Titles that deserve more attention

  1. #76
    :D classicxsmile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    3
    Not only odd, but awesome. So was the game, actually. :D

    The anime was fantastic, in my opinion. I haven't read the manga though, so my view is horribly jaded. D:

  2. #77
    KA CHING! Bob_is_king7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    11
    Here where I live. (South-Western Pennsylvania) Anime is one of the most popular style of "TV show". However, a lot of anime gets over looked. Though Naruto and Bleach have made it to the top. Great anime have slipped through the cracks...

    Whistle!
    Hikura No Go
    Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
    Mai Hime


    Yes it's Manga but...
    Kingdom Hearts

  3. #78
    Nintendo4evah aowam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    14
    Kekkaishi
    Super robot wars OG

  4. #79
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    28
    Maburaho, without doubt.

    and, Corrector Yui, of course =P

  5. #80
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    11
    Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch

    - The lack of fansubs alone show it.

    Tenshi No Shippo (Angel Tales) and Tenshi No Shippo Chu! (Angel Tales 2)

    - Try and attaching yourself to the series.

  6. #81
    Grand Shriner eltonjohn24's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    112
    well i think gokusen is far more better than anybody on its category...
    Fruit basket is the anime that confuses me a lot
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  7. #82
    sees through the bs! All Seeing Eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    681
    Princess Nine (Great Baseball Anime)
    Black Lagoon
    Any other Gundam series besides Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed.
    Gunslinger Girls
    Pretty Soldier Sasami (Funny Tenchi Spinoff)
    Pani Pani Dash!

  8. #83
    b7 Penguin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    in the big top
    Posts
    7,256
    pokemon
    dragonball z
    naruto
    one piece
    honk honk

  9. #84
    Null @ Void return2nothing's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Between heaven & hell
    Posts
    48
    Ergo proxy
    How does it feel to kneel at the feet of the choices you've made?

  10. #85
    sc/cs/tf2 ftw! tsil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    7
    No Dennou Coil??? I'm shocked! I don't hear people talk about it much if at all.

  11. #86
    Lost Soul Master Nabeshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In a windowless computer room.
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    pokemon
    dragonball z
    naruto
    one piece
    Do those REALLY need more attention?
    Last I checked, they have more attention than they deserve.

    As for me, I really can't think of a series I've seen that hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. The only thing I can think of is any anime adapted from a Ken Akamatsu manga. Not that they aren't popular, I'm referring more to the fact that the quality of the anime has historically been by far inferior to the quality of the manga.
    Weapons of Choice: Barrett M82A1/M107, TDI Kriss, Ka-Bar Straight-Edge Bowie Knife

    Back in Action? We'll see.

    "The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

    "Conformity is the jailer of freedom, and the enemy of growth." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

  12. #87
    Registered User Eshker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4
    Since it hasn't been said yet... I'm pretty sure that School Rumble, Full Metal Panic! and X/1999 should be taken in consideration.

    School Rumble is just a freaking hilarious show... Reminds me just like Ranma 1/2. Full Metal Panic! is a mechanized comedy and X/1999 just has alot of meaning into it.

  13. #88
    sees through the bs! All Seeing Eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    681
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshker View Post
    Since it hasn't been said yet... I'm pretty sure that School Rumble, Full Metal Panic! and X/1999 should be taken in consideration.

    School Rumble is just a freaking hilarious show... Reminds me just like Ranma 1/2. Full Metal Panic! is a mechanized comedy and X/1999 just has alot of meaning into it.
    You're right, I agree. And I heart Full the Metal Panic series

  14. #89
    Lost Soul Master Nabeshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In a windowless computer room.
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshker View Post
    Since it hasn't been said yet... I'm pretty sure that School Rumble, Full Metal Panic! and X/1999 should be taken in consideration.

    School Rumble is just a freaking hilarious show... Reminds me just like Ranma 1/2. Full Metal Panic! is a mechanized comedy and X/1999 just has alot of meaning into it.
    I read the entirety of X/1999, much like I've read a whole bunch of CLAMP's stuff. I wasn't impressed. I read 18 volumes of build-up only to reach an end without a climax. Is the end in some other series? Did I miss it or something? I'm so glad I read it instead of watching the anime because I would have been PISSED for spending so much time watching an unfinished emo piece of crap. There. I said it.
    I love Full Metal Panic!, but the thing is that it was pretty damn big a few years ago. It came and went and is fondly remembered. Then it had an excellent sequel series and a hilarious spin-off series. While I'd love to see the adventures and romance of Kaname and Sagara continue, it's time to move on to something new.

  15. #90
    Registered User Eshker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Nabeshin View Post
    I read the entirety of X/1999, much like I've read a whole bunch of CLAMP's stuff. I wasn't impressed. I read 18 volumes of build-up only to reach an end without a climax. Is the end in some other series? Did I miss it or something? I'm so glad I read it instead of watching the anime because I would have been PISSED for spending so much time watching an unfinished emo piece of crap. There. I said it.
    I love Full Metal Panic!, but the thing is that it was pretty damn big a few years ago. It came and went and is fondly remembered. Then it had an excellent sequel series and a hilarious spin-off series. While I'd love to see the adventures and romance of Kaname and Sagara continue, it's time to move on to something new.
    Well sorry I've never read the manga of X/1999 but the short-series did give an ending. So I'm not really sure what you are talking about. It did unravel near the end where everyone were both killing each other, till the final 2 guys.

    You think there is going to be a 4th season to Full Metal Panic!?
    Spoiler!

  16. #91
    Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Behind the mound of dead bards
    Posts
    11,039
    MARK SPOILERS, YOU DAMN STUPID CUNT.

    I have not yet finished watching that series, and spoiling the ending like that has made you my sworn enemy for life.

  17. #92
    Another CS major Sufijo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Pullman, WA
    Posts
    130
    Quote Originally Posted by tsil View Post
    No Dennou Coil??? I'm shocked! I don't hear people talk about it much if at all.
    Oh, man! That was a seriously great anime with a premium time allocation, but I hardly hear anything about it, either. It was clever, amusing, and deep.

    On the other hand, every time someone mentions Maburaho, I die a little bit. I didn't hate it, but I want the time I spent watching it back. The problem was that it was just good enough to keep me hooked, but always left me feeling stupid for bothering to watch it.

    Mahoraba, which I get the name confused with sometimes, is perfectly fine.
    Must've been evil peanut butter.

  18. #93
    Death of Fate DeathFrost's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    17
    I think that these are some series that are really good and don't get enough attention simply because the characters aren't throwing fireballs at each other:

    ~Eyeshield 21 (It's starting to get some attention)
    ~Whistle! (I started this one years ago and finally had to buy it from Hong Kong because I couldn't get it anywhere else. Animenuke has it now though)
    ~Koi Suru Tenshi Angelique (Second season is coming out)
    ~Haruka Naru Toki no Naka de (and not the stupid OVA 3; It has nothing to do with the original series)
    ~Saiunkoku Monogatari (this is sorta women's lib romance)
    ~Jyu Oh Sei (sci-fi fans will love this)

    can't think of anymore right now.

  19. #94
    bad bitch KREAYSHAWN's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2001
    Posts
    15,950
    i liked midori no hibi, though i never finished watching it. i don't think that is an awfully popular anime, anyways! sorry if it is well known

    ps i am seriously thinking 2-4 week bans for people who don't mark really massive spoilers would be in order. people really need to not do that shit, nothing worse than having a beloved series spoiled on you. =/

  20. #95
    Grand Shriner
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    129
    Souten no Ken
    Black Lagoon
    Ninin Ga Shinobuden
    Hokuto no Ken
    Fushigi Yuugi
    Nana

    also, Kaiji. KNEEL BEFORE MY AWESOME TASTES!

  21. #96
    Registered User Eshker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderpraker View Post
    MARK SPOILERS, YOU DAMN STUPID CUNT.

    I have not yet finished watching that series, and spoiling the ending like that has made you my sworn enemy for life.
    Well I'm sorry, I didn't know how to quote it as a spoiler and I forgot I shouldn't be saying those things.

  22. #97
    Lost Soul Master Nabeshin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    In a windowless computer room.
    Posts
    633
    Quote Originally Posted by Eshker View Post
    Well sorry I've never read the manga of X/1999 but the short-series did give an ending. So I'm not really sure what you are talking about. It did unravel near the end where everyone were both killing each other, till the final 2 guys.
    I guess I'll mark this as a spoiler just in case.....
    Spoiler!

    It's utter crap, and I'm not going to waste my time on the anime. It COULD be different, but after having read the arduous entirety of the manga, I think it's fair to say I gave the series a chance.

  23. #98
    sees through the bs! All Seeing Eye's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    681
    Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

    Just finished it, and I must say, it's one of the best Anime's I've seen in years. It reminded my why I love Anime to begin with, and it inspired me as well.

  24. #99
    Registered User Eshker's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    4
    Quote Originally Posted by Master Nabeshin View Post
    I guess I'll mark this as a spoiler just in case.....
    Spoiler!

    It's utter crap, and I'm not going to waste my time on the anime. It COULD be different, but after having read the arduous entirety of the manga, I think it's fair to say I gave the series a chance.
    I'm not going to blame you for not liking it but from what you said there, it does end differently. Well for the short-series of X/1999 but not for the movie, the movie is so garbage; plot was so rushed.

  25. #100
    I DREAM OF KARINA & HER HH'S goisles01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    453
    Kagaku Ninja Tai Gatchaman
    Uchuu Senkan Yamato
    Hokuto No Ken
    R.I.P. - Michael L. Turner (Witchblade, Fathom) 1971-2008

    goisles01 NEW AND UPDATED (as of 05/09/10) list of movie and anime scores
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    My Space Battleship Yamato Music Thread
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    My American Pie VA Xpanded Thread
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •