Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Anime Titles that deserve more attention

Not only odd, but awesome. So was the game, actually. :D

The anime was fantastic, in my opinion. I haven't read the manga though, so my view is horribly jaded. D:

Here where I live. (South-Western Pennsylvania) Anime is one of the most popular style of "TV show". However, a lot of anime gets over looked. Though Naruto and Bleach have made it to the top. Great anime have slipped through the cracks...

Whistle!
    Hikura No Go
    Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu
    Mai Hime

Yes it's Manga but...
    Kingdom Hearts

Kekkaishi
    Super robot wars OG

Onion Kid
    Maburaho, without doubt.

and, Corrector Yui, of course =P

Onion Kid
    Mermaid Melody: Pichi Pichi Pitch

- The lack of fansubs alone show it.

Tenshi No Shippo (Angel Tales) and Tenshi No Shippo Chu! (Angel Tales 2)

- Try and attaching yourself to the series.

well i think gokusen is far more better than anybody on its category...
    Fruit basket is the anime that confuses me a lot
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

sees through the bs! All Seeing Eye's Avatar
    Princess Nine (Great Baseball Anime)
    Black Lagoon
    Any other Gundam series besides Gundam Wing and Gundam Seed.
    Gunslinger Girls
    Pretty Soldier Sasami (Funny Tenchi Spinoff)
    Pani Pani Dash!

pokemon
    dragonball z
    naruto
    one piece
    honk honk

Ergo proxy
    How does it feel to kneel at the feet of the choices you've made?

No Dennou Coil??? I'm shocked! I don't hear people talk about it much if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty View Post
    pokemon
    dragonball z
    naruto
    one piece
    Do those REALLY need more attention?
    Last I checked, they have more attention than they deserve.

As for me, I really can't think of a series I've seen that hasn't gotten the attention it deserves. The only thing I can think of is any anime adapted from a Ken Akamatsu manga. Not that they aren't popular, I'm referring more to the fact that the quality of the anime has historically been by far inferior to the quality of the manga.
    Weapons of Choice: Barrett M82A1/M107, TDI Kriss, Ka-Bar Straight-Edge Bowie Knife

Back in Action? We'll see.

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Stephen Hawking

"Conformity is the jailer of freedom, and the enemy of growth." - John Fitzgerald Kennedy

Since it hasn't been said yet... I'm pretty sure that School Rumble, Full Metal Panic! and X/1999 should be taken in consideration.

School Rumble is just a freaking hilarious show... Reminds me just like Ranma 1/2. Full Metal Panic! is a mechanized comedy and X/1999 just has alot of meaning into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Eshker View Post
    Since it hasn't been said yet... I'm pretty sure that School Rumble, Full Metal Panic! and X/1999 should be taken in consideration.

School Rumble is just a freaking hilarious show... Reminds me just like Ranma 1/2. Full Metal Panic! is a mechanized comedy and X/1999 just has alot of meaning into it.
    You're right, I agree. And I heart Full the Metal Panic series

I read the entirety of X/1999, much like I've read a whole bunch of CLAMP's stuff. I wasn't impressed. I read 18 volumes of build-up only to reach an end without a climax. Is the end in some other series? Did I miss it or something? I'm so glad I read it instead of watching the anime because I would have been PISSED for spending so much time watching an unfinished emo piece of crap. There. I said it.
    I love Full Metal Panic!, but the thing is that it was pretty damn big a few years ago. It came and went and is fondly remembered. Then it had an excellent sequel series and a hilarious spin-off series. While I'd love to see the adventures and romance of Kaname and Sagara continue, it's time to move on to something new.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Nabeshin View Post
    I read the entirety of X/1999, much like I've read a whole bunch of CLAMP's stuff. I wasn't impressed. I read 18 volumes of build-up only to reach an end without a climax. Is the end in some other series? Did I miss it or something? I'm so glad I read it instead of watching the anime because I would have been PISSED for spending so much time watching an unfinished emo piece of crap. There. I said it.
    I love Full Metal Panic!, but the thing is that it was pretty damn big a few years ago. It came and went and is fondly remembered. Then it had an excellent sequel series and a hilarious spin-off series. While I'd love to see the adventures and romance of Kaname and Sagara continue, it's time to move on to something new.
    Well sorry I've never read the manga of X/1999 but the short-series did give an ending. So I'm not really sure what you are talking about. It did unravel near the end where everyone were both killing each other, till the final 2 guys.

You think there is going to be a 4th season to Full Metal Panic!?
    Spoiler!

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    MARK SPOILERS, YOU DAMN STUPID CUNT.

I have not yet finished watching that series, and spoiling the ending like that has made you my sworn enemy for life.

Quote Originally Posted by tsil View Post
    No Dennou Coil??? I'm shocked! I don't hear people talk about it much if at all.
    Oh, man! That was a seriously great anime with a premium time allocation, but I hardly hear anything about it, either. It was clever, amusing, and deep.

On the other hand, every time someone mentions Maburaho, I die a little bit. I didn't hate it, but I want the time I spent watching it back. The problem was that it was just good enough to keep me hooked, but always left me feeling stupid for bothering to watch it.

Mahoraba, which I get the name confused with sometimes, is perfectly fine.
    Must've been evil peanut butter.

I think that these are some series that are really good and don't get enough attention simply because the characters aren't throwing fireballs at each other:

~Eyeshield 21 (It's starting to get some attention)
    ~Whistle! (I started this one years ago and finally had to buy it from Hong Kong because I couldn't get it anywhere else. Animenuke has it now though)
    ~Koi Suru Tenshi Angelique (Second season is coming out)
    ~Haruka Naru Toki no Naka de (and not the stupid OVA 3; It has nothing to do with the original series)
    ~Saiunkoku Monogatari (this is sorta women's lib romance)
    ~Jyu Oh Sei (sci-fi fans will love this)

can't think of anymore right now.

i liked midori no hibi, though i never finished watching it. i don't think that is an awfully popular anime, anyways! sorry if it is well known

ps i am seriously thinking 2-4 week bans for people who don't mark really massive spoilers would be in order. people really need to not do that shit, nothing worse than having a beloved series spoiled on you. =/

Grand Shriner
    Souten no Ken
    Black Lagoon
    Ninin Ga Shinobuden
    Hokuto no Ken
    Fushigi Yuugi
    Nana

also, Kaiji. KNEEL BEFORE MY AWESOME TASTES!

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderpraker View Post
    MARK SPOILERS, YOU DAMN STUPID CUNT.

I have not yet finished watching that series, and spoiling the ending like that has made you my sworn enemy for life.
    Well I'm sorry, I didn't know how to quote it as a spoiler and I forgot I shouldn't be saying those things.

Well sorry I've never read the manga of X/1999 but the short-series did give an ending. So I'm not really sure what you are talking about. It did unravel near the end where everyone were both killing each other, till the final 2 guys.
    I guess I'll mark this as a spoiler just in case.....
    Spoiler!

It's utter crap, and I'm not going to waste my time on the anime. It COULD be different, but after having read the arduous entirety of the manga, I think it's fair to say I gave the series a chance.

Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann

Just finished it, and I must say, it's one of the best Anime's I've seen in years. It reminded my why I love Anime to begin with, and it inspired me as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Master Nabeshin View Post
    I guess I'll mark this as a spoiler just in case.....
    Spoiler!

It's utter crap, and I'm not going to waste my time on the anime. It COULD be different, but after having read the arduous entirety of the manga, I think it's fair to say I gave the series a chance.
    I'm not going to blame you for not liking it but from what you said there, it does end differently. Well for the short-series of X/1999 but not for the movie, the movie is so garbage; plot was so rushed.

I DREAM OF KARINA & HER HH'S goisles01's Avatar
    Kagaku Ninja Tai Gatchaman
    Uchuu Senkan Yamato
    Hokuto No Ken
    R.I.P. - Michael L. Turner (Witchblade, Fathom) 1971-2008

goisles01 NEW AND UPDATED (as of 05/09/10) list of movie and anime scores

My Space Battleship Yamato Music Thread

My American Pie VA Xpanded Thread