funnyboy4004 - 235000 gil
    Mr Jack --- 55000 gil
    Gummi Bears --- 25000 gil, retired
    IDX Rider - 25000 gil
    Alexandria12 - 1000 gil
    barretboy14 --- 1000 gil, struck out
    Swedish Fish --- 1000 gil, struck out
    Lukey --- 1000 gil

Welcome everyone, to Final Fantasy VIII Twenty One!

Okay, this is the newest game show concept for the boards.

Here's how it works:

- Once I have two players, a game can begin. If you'd like to play sometime, please sign up at any time and I'll add you to the queue. Pretty much anyone can sign up and since there's basically no on-show qualification process on the version of the program I watched (which was Maury Povich's Twenty One revival), there's no qualification process here really either. However, there are a few exceptions. Please don't sign up if you haven't been a member of the Shrine for at least three months. Also, don't bother signing up if your username is sain, Rude666, ruin_sword, kilgoretrout, Manga Legend, Shadow Mage, etc.

- Once the game starts, it is conducted by Private Messaging. I will send each player their questions. The point values range from 1-11. A point value of 1 is absurdly easy and only has three answer choices. A point value of 11 is rather hard and has four possible answers, two of which are correct. That's the basic idea. Of course, the objective is to earn as high a score as possible and theoretically get to 21 points before your opponent does. You'll be given a category first and then you choose your point value you want to play for based on your perceived knowledge of that category. You'll want to be careful because if you get it wrong, you get a strike. Three strikes, and you are out.

- Both players get a Second Chance, somebody they can call on for help. They may use the second chance once per game. If the Second Chance's answer is correct, they continue as normal. But if it's wrong and they choose to go with it, they receive two strikes.

- Once both players have answered two questions, both will be given an opportunity to stop the game. That will be posted here for everyone to see. If neither has stopped the game within twelve hours, then play continues.

- Whoever wins the game is the champion. He or she then plays "Perfect Twenty One" for the chance to go for some additional gil. More about that later.

- The champion can continue indefinitely, playing for increasing gil amounts, assuming he or she keeps winning. The first game is for 25000 gil and the values escalate all the way up to one million gil. If anyone wins that, then he or she keeps going for new games at that dollar value. There is no risk, and except in "Perfect Twenty One," you can never lose once you have won.

- Once a game has ended, I will post a full detail of the questions and answers here at the thread.

Additional Notes:

One-Six Point Questions - Questions of this point value are easier in general because the only have three answer choices to select from.

Seven-Nine Point Questions - Getting harder as besides the higher level of knowledge being tested, there are also four answer choices.

Ten Point Question - One of the answer choices is always "D.) None of the Above."

Eleven Point Question - Most difficult. There are five answer choices and two of them are correct.

Nobody walks away empty-handed --- everyone leaves with at least 1000 gil.

Three strikes and you're out. If your opponent gets three strikes, it may still be possible for you to strikeout within that round. If that happens, then both players lose and two new challengers are brought into the game.

Money Ladder:

25000 gil
    50000 gil
    100000 gil
    250000 gil
    500000 gil
    One million gil

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

CONDOMS, ROSE! CONDOMS, CONDOMS, CONDOMS! Lukey's Avatar
    I'll give it a shot

Sounds complicated though =\

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    Great! That's one person who's at least willing to give it a try. I need one more and then we can have a game.

As irvy is playing count me in to
    The Trick is to quit while you are still ahead!

You are going down Janman

And I will also beat you at this game aswell

innuendos.

Wonderful, thanks! I have no time right now, but I will get this game going for both of you just a bit later today!

Okay, here's how it's going to work. On the show, they would close a player's booth, then give the player a category. The player would select a point value and then receive a multiple-choice question from that category based on that point value. After they had answered, right or wrong, the other player's booth would be unlocked and so on. After two rounds, both players would be given the opportunity to stop the game. I think we can streamline it a bit here. Since it'll be conducted by PM, I can ask you both at least two questions regardless of where the other player is at. Then, after two rounds, you'll both have the opportunity to stop the game as usual. I still don't have much time right now, so more details later. Right now, I'm going to go ahead and send you both a PM...

Irvy You are going to have your ass kicked by the big ole giant from england. :P

Wanna caress my "broomstick" barretboy14's Avatar
    I would be interested in playing the next game. If thats OK with you Agent.

Thanks to UltimateFFFan for this sig/ava

Friends [Cyancyde;FF1withallthieves; TheIrishSephiroth; MossY; Mr Denny; Giga flare; Heck Hebel; Enya] PM to join

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]"]The FF9 Rumble[/URL]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Okay, you're in then to take on whoever becomes the champion on this one.

Putting the sensual back into nonconsensual Swedish Fish's Avatar
    I'm interested as well. Seems like a cool game.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I used to be Kailas

Okay, you're on the list.

FFShrine Sig Maker UltimateFFFan's Avatar
    Count me in Agent, I like the sound of it

Add Instructor UltimateFFFan to the list!

Look at these chumps, selphie

Trynna steal our thunder

Well they will be playing the champion so they will of course be up against me.

Okay, here's where we're at. Right now, both of our players have answered two questions. They each have no idea of the other's point total. In a moment, I'm going to give both of them an opportunity to stop the game. If either of you would like to stop the game, just say "Agent, I'd like to stop the game." You have 24 hours in which to say this. If neither of you do, or you both PM me saying you want to continue, then we'll play until one or both reach 21. More on that later. If you do stop the game, then whoever has more points wins immediately. If you're tied, we go into a sudden-death tie-breaker.

Would either of you like to stop the game?

No thanks id like to carry on.

Okay, you were supposed to PM me if you wanted to continue, but I'll accept that. Lukey, if you're reading this before the 24 hour period is up, please choose to either stop the game or send me a PM letting me know your intention to continue with normal gameplay.

IM new put im intrested in this game. Please count me in.

Read the rules at the very beginning and then try again, silly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gummi Bears View Post
    No thanks id like to carry on.

(sigh) You were both supposed to PM me, but I guess it dosen't matter. Okay, then, we'll continue. You'll both be receiving a PM soon.

Okay, here's where we're at everyone! Both of our players, Gummi Bears and Lukey, have reached 21 points in three questions! That means that we are tied.

Now on the original Twenty One, if there was a tie, then both players would move on to another game. However, we've got other players here eager for their shot at playing, so instead, we are moving to a sudden-death tie-breaker situation. Here's how it's going to work. Gummi Bears and Lukey --- I will be sending you both the same question, one that's going to be reasonably difficult. If both of you get it right, or both get it wrong, then we go to another question. If after three, you're still tied, then, well you're both extremely good, and I'll just have to figure out another tie-breaking method. But let's give this a shot...