Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: So....Yiazmat...

So....Yiazmat...

So, how many people have found him so far?
    Lol, he's freaking hard! (But what can be expected, he has 50 mil!)
    What do you think of the battle?

Onion Kid
    Yiazmat? Is he the dog one with the huge ring around his neck? If he is then that was like one of the first and easiest boss fights in the game.

Onion Kid
    Yiazmat? Is he the dog thing with the ring around his neck? If he is that is one of the easiest battles in the game.

Onion Kid
    sorry

No, No.
    This guy is the final hunt. :/

Onion Kid
    pharos

('`\_.,~Big Ears Rule~,._/`') DeathShining's Avatar
    Yiazmat, ive just spent 4 1/2 hours kicking his ass, had to leave after 3 hours to heal some characters then had to leave again after 4 1/2, so i saved it then. My main characters were levels 81 83 84, other were 85 77 76.

I thought i was going to do this in 1 go as well, should have level'd up to 90's really. I used 3 megalixers and 3 elixers, what a waste! Ive got a feeling i will need them for omega mark XII.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Onion Kid
    lol sorry my mistake I was thinking of Tiamat.

Just beat this bitch, level'd up to 99 99 99 91 90 80, only just beat him used all the decent stuff, elixers, megalixers and still took me 5 1/2 hours. Has any1 else done Yiazmat? I thought it was hard but i seen some guy do it on youtube with only three chars at 99, the others were at 15 15 16. I had to keep switchin people in and out, god damn i thought it was game over a few times. Did it in 1 stage though!

Wow... thats impressive, although its taken me a week but im at level 65 on all characters... and OMG! he is hard! I only have Half of his HP gone!

Lv 55 Vaan, Lv 53 Fran and Ashe and in 4 hours he has 15 million left.

batman 3
    yeah, that sound like an good battle.
    hello, who you do good.

I've found him but I'm afraid to try it just yet. My parties not quite good enough I dont think. Working on getting a couple more powerful weapons so everyone in my party is well equipped.

Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    I beat him using a combination of Reverse, Lure, and Berserk on my main attacker.

Forevercloud, I think Ninja swords are meant to be good against Yiazmat, but they are hard to get i think, the best 1 is dropped from a rare monster in Lhusu Mines, a bomb on the bridge southwest of the gate crystal. I chained 3 of them Bombs it did'nt drop it, you can get the next at the Bazaar for 2 Courl whiskers, 2 Sickle Blades and 3 cancer gems.

level up to 99 unless you want a really long fight.

This beast will take you hours to beat no matter what level you are. I fought him at level 99 and it still took me over 3 hours.

3 hours, thats fast, did you use active or wait for the battle system? When i did it at 99 i used wait and it took around 5 1/2 hours, i just need to level up to 99 on my second game now then im going after him again, going to use active this time.

What weapons, armor, accessories did you use Hynad?

My party was Vaan equipped with the Yagyu Darkblade (Yiazmat is weak against Dark) and the Genji Gloves for better combos.
    I had Ashe acting as a supporting attacker (her role was to cast reverse and lure on Vaan during the whole fight, then come back to fight using the Tournesol - I prefer it to the Zodiac Spear since its attack rate is much faster). And I had Balthier as the main healer equipped with the Fomalhaut and Dark shots.
    Vaan would cast berserk on himself the moment he's brought back to life. Which gives him more attack power and speed. And Balthier would cast supporting magic such as Haste and Protect, all the while making sure Vaan is safe and sound (Curaja or Revive).

During my first play through, it took me a lot of time to find a working strategy and I got wiped out 2-3 times. During my second game, I beat him in one shot without having so much difficulty.

Thats the Ninja sword from the rare bomb right? Im trying to get that now, i have the genji gloves this time round as well as tornosol and zodiac spear.

Sounds like good tactics Hynad, might give them a go soon, especially the beserk, but i might try something a little different.

And so the mighty fall

Lv 55 Vaan, Lv 53 Fran and Ashe and in 5 hours he has 0 million left.
    He died. lol
    My Party was:
    Vaan Fran Ashe
    Weapon Ragnarok Golden Axe Save the Queen
    Armor Maximillian Genji Armor Maximillian
    Helm Genji Helm Black Mask Black Mask
    Acc. Firefly Sage's Ring Sage's Ring
    Shield ------ Genji Shield -----
    Vaan always had Berserk, Bravery, Haste, Protect, Shell, Bubble and so he attacked for 9999 and at times (HP Critical Yiazmat) 6999.
    Fran and Ashe were Support casting Curaga(ja) and sometimes Darkga.
    Going after Omega Mark XII to get Wyrmhero Blade

Obsessive Hedonistic Archivist z0z0's Avatar
    I thought it was funny how beyond 5 mil, he gets to be a reeeeal pain in the ass. So much so that I had to turn off my Curaga, Bravery and Haste gambits, as they were only taking up time I couldn't afford to take and just Arise anyone who fell.

He took several hours, but he finally effin' died. I was so happy, I took a video of him dying with my phone to watch over and over again. XD
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Help me get to 1,000 pts! Please???
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] : GH Main page
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] : GH Soundtracks page
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] : GH Manga page

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    Same here --- I'm fighting him right now, about halfway through, and he just keeps using Death Strike every other turn, so I'm done with Curaga / Bravery / Haste, etc. Time to get serious.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

There's a great mist here Topcat77's Avatar
    All you people who are saying it only took 4 hrs is a lie, to even get him down to half takes a lot more time then 4hrs. And most of those people used the action replay to just show how the fight is. its imposible to beat him in 4hrs. maybe if you had the people on X because they can hit beyound the limit. When xii wasn't even out here in the us in jap people were calling it the 24hr fight, now does that sound like 4hrs? He was hard though and no for the most part I don't see anyone beating him at lv 50 or in all beating him like he is easy. Can we stop making ourselves look hard than what you really are.

And if you can beat him so easy you wouldn't mind showing a video from start to finish. Thats not to much for you 4hr people now is it?

There's a great mist here Topcat77's Avatar
    I will try some of you guys ways, I could have been doing something the long way, but i'll bet nothing will beat him that fast. all my people are in their 90s and the guy had me coming back to life over and over not completly though. it took me 19hrs to beat him using my tech. His tornado attack kills everyone unless you have bubble on. and at lv 50 anything is just a lie.

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    Um --- Topcat, I can tell you right now, I have him at critical HP --- only 4 "orbs" left (if you fought Hell Wyrm, then I think you know what I mean by "orb") and it has taken me about 4 hours. Admittedly, I'm still going, and I think there's a chance I'm going to lose (in which case I am going to be seriously pissed) but 24 hours is an insane figure.

(And yes, I know I made my last post more than five hours ago, but there's no way I'm going to sit there and do the same thing for five hours. Pause button to the rescue.)