Page 9 of 27 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141519 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Anime?

EEEEEEEEVVVVAAAAAAAAANNNNNGGEELLLLLLLIOOONNNN!

Sorry Leprosy, was that evangelion. Thats far from the worst!

'Highlander the search for vengance' is some where in the running for the worst.

I saw it at Scifi london as part of the anime all-nighter. My boyfriend and i got told off by the people in front of us for taking the rip out of it. After the film she was on the verge of apologising to us. It was that bad.

The anime news network review sums it up and is a fun read.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

"You cannot win against me McCloud, for the chin is mightier than the mullet!"
    You just have to laugh at it

I can never do NUTHING!!! Vastalis's Avatar
    I know that I'll probably get slack for saying this but:
    InuYasha (the DBZ for Girls). As much as I've tried, I absolutly don't get it.
    .hack// series - again, can't seem to get into it
    Evangelion - Just to weird to understand (believe me, I've tried lots of time, only to fall asleep)
    Prince of Tennis - How can you put so much dramatic effect around one tennis shot, let alone each and every single one!
    Who has the best record in Baseball? The Dodgers!!!
    Henry Rollins

A Real American Hero!

Here's a cool Flash movie about the Aztec God [Hidden link. Register to see links.]!

I find most people who said Pokemon, Dragonball/Z, Naruto sucked quite idiotic. But not everyone though. I'm sure most of them are saying they hate these because it had already become mainstream and popular. :/ Really. That attitude ticks me off.

These shows aren't really that bad; I've seen worse. Dragonball and Naruto actually had very well-written storylines, impressively done; although somewhat has a share of nasty plot holes. The art is also very good for their own times; Dragonball had unique, detailed art, and the manga is very good in terms of fluidity in storyline. Naruto, on the other hand, is also very good in terms of art; I'd prefer this over cheaply drawn stereotypical anime styles. Plus the story is very deep; if you'd look past the English dub or whatever that makes you dislike it. Seriously, people who complain just to join the crowd annoys me.

For my own opinion, I'd say I pretty much dislike Princess Princess. Overly feminine guys in drag in highschool chased by fellow school mates? Overly shiny and sparkly songs and animation? No thank you.

Dragonball had crummy character development, a limp storyline, and a cheap animation style. The main reason it was such a success was because it was targeted appropriately. I haven't had the chance to watch naruto, although i probably would if i got the chance. I didn't even think pokemon deserved a chance.

,`,,`,,`,,`, ,`,

so if it wasn't targeted for you then it's crap then? O_o

I forgot i had imageshack. >.< all this time i had a red x. lol

Wow. I was kinda expecting a slightly larger shitstorm than one non-shitstorm-y post. Well, I guess I can just say it outloud- I just don't like Giant Robot Animes full of Christian symbolism and inner meaning...

... when they boil down to "DADDY DOESN'T LOVE ME WAAAHHH!! WAAAHHH!!"

I hate:
    Dragon Ball Z
    Yu-gi-oh er whatever it's called
    Bo-bo-bo-bo.. whatever it's called
    Beyblade

but I would really like to say is that Naruto is ok, good story, pretty good artwork but it's just TOO OVER RATED!

Onion Kid
    Yu-Gi-Oh!
    100% Ichigo
    Air Master
    Honey Flash
    The Art of Fighting (OVA)

-Mikeymike360

I can never do NUTHING!!! Vastalis's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Leprosy View Post
    Wow. I was kinda expecting a slightly larger shitstorm than one non-shitstorm-y post. Well, I guess I can just say it outloud- I just don't like Giant Robot Animes full of Christian symbolism and inner meaning...

LMAO! so that's what it was about!

as for DBZ, Pokemon, and Naruto. I wouldn't say they suck.
    DBZ - I've always liked it, way before it came over. I just hated the fact that people made it seem like the best anime ever.
    Pokemon - Just got redundant, I'm mean it started with just 150 pokemon, and now it's just overkill with every series having a new Ultimate Pokemon.
    Naruto - I haven't sat down to see it, but it doesn't really interest me, so no real opinion.

Strawberry Panic! was painfully boring, even with the two or three rape attempts and the frequent lesbian sexings. o_o I seriously can't believe I made it through this series...

I used to be a big fan of this show, but now I despise Inuyasha. The anime has ended already, but it took AGES and it didn't have a conclusive ending at all. They just go off into the sunset saying 'lol hay guyz, we'll get Naraku one day! lolz'. I nearly wanted to smash my computer screen in when I watched it. They don't kill Naraku, they don't get all of the shards, and Inuyasha hasn't picked either Kikyou or Kagome. NOTHING PROGRESSED AND IT ENDED WHERE IT STARTED.

The manga isn't going anywhere as well and Rumiko Takahashi needs to end it right now. The only difference now is that Naraku has even more DEM powers to save his ass with and he has a new hell spawn called Byakuya. >_>

Shounen-ai and yaoi animes and manga that don't go past the genre stereotypes (Tall, dark and handsome seme, and the short, cute, kind of childish uke are prime examples.) arn't really my cup of tea. Doesn't mean I won't read them, I just expect more than the cookie-cutter plot and characters.

I detest MAR with a passion as well. It seems like another generic shounen anime that we don't really need anymore of.

Quote Originally Posted by Tokunaga View Post

The manga isn't going anywhere as well and Rumiko Takahashi needs to end it right now. The only difference now is that Naraku has even more DEM powers to save his ass with and he has a new hell spawn called Byakuya. >_>

Yes. She's really pushing it. I'm not a fan as I used to be. Iwant it to just end. I just mainly read the (depends) with Naraku in it. The story is dropping to a ointless point. It stretches to much. (with a good ending of course not a Fushigi Yuugi rip off XD.

And for worst anime.

Guyver Is the most boring anime I ever watched. I changed channel to watch takeshi's Castle later on XD.

I Hate Pokemon. Its PointLess and Pathetic

and I Hate Love Hina I Just Couldn't Get Into It Properly.

Higurashi No Naku Koro Ni Fan 4Evz

Beware: Evangelion Zombie MoleCult's Avatar
    Inuyasha
    Prince of Tennis
    Yu-Gi-Oh!

Most anime sucks, I'm afraid.

However, if I had to pick one I hate the most, I'd have to go with Inuyasha. I see NOTHING appealing about this show. The characters are annoying, the storyline sucks, and it's incredibly boring. I despise Inuyasha. It's freakin DBZ for girls.

Other shows I hate/just can't get into!:
    Evangelion - I tried. I really did. But I just could not see the appeal of some whiny kid yelling I MUSN'T RUN AWAY for half an hour.
    Witch Hunter Robin - I loved the soundtrack to this show. The show itself? One of the most boring things I've ever watched. For some reason, I watched most of the series and stopped like, two episodes before the last one.
    Wolf's Rain - I don't care what anyone says, this show sucked too. It was a pretty big bummer because I had heard it was by the same team behind Cowboy Bebop, which I love. But this was just so incredibly boring and repetive. "WE MUST FIND PARADISE" "OH FUCK HUMANS" *humans shoot guns and wolves run away* *wash, rinse, repeat*
    Naruto - I've tried watching this a few times and, yeah, it's not that bad. I just can't seem to get all that into it though.
    Yu-Gi-Oh! - The only Yu-Gi-Oh! I like is the Abridged Series. That thing is hilarious.

There are others, I'm sure. Just can't think of them right now.

I don't mean to offend anyone but I really hated Spirits Within.

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    It's not anime, and of course you wouldn't like it. You're a Final Fantasy fancunt who clearly liked that Advent Children trash. No one with half a brain will take you seriously anyway.

It's not so much of me being an FF fan. I just didn't like the story because it really didn't explain a lot about who the spirits are. Getting back on topic worst anime Legend Of The Dragon. Needed more originality.

Strange bedfellow indeed! mandark's Avatar
    Pokemon sucks!!! I mean what kind of a message are they trying to teach Kids? I mean don't they have school, job and a future to worry about in the pokemon world? How does catching your local wildlife and brainwashing them to fight your pointless battles teach you how to have a meaningful life? That show never made sense.

DBZ has cool characters but a horrible storyline. The damn thing can easily be summarized in 50 episodes or less. ^_^

Onion Kid
    Battle Vixens.A friend of mine in Florida told me i should check i out.After the first two I thought to myself "WTF is going on"? They introduced way to many characters at once with no depth to em and it was basically just a ton of panty shots and kicks.

Naruto, Bleach, Inuyasha, gundam seed

Quote Originally Posted by Prak View Post
    It's not anime, and of course you wouldn't like it. You're a Final Fantasy fancunt who clearly liked that Advent Children trash. No one with half a brain will take you seriously anyway.
    I love you

Onion Kid
    I really hate Naruto it's a very dumb show Especially the English Dubbed one!

Spartan 287
    Pokemon, Yugioh, and Sailor moon!!!

He Whose Hand Shapes What Is
    Xenosaga: The Animation. Nice work changing the story so it has 98% less KOS-MOS, dumbass. KOS-MOS was the only reason why anyone liked Xenosaga in the first place, and you had to replace her with some stupid loli. Plus you can tell it was made by the same people as Burst Angel, as they managed to take a virtually sexless RPG and make an anime of it that's like 30% fanservice. An epic manuever if I ever saw one.

Plus they get rid of the whole lesbian thing between KOS-MOS and Shion. Which, again, was the whole point.

Hahah, so true. If it wasn't for the fact that I love any kind of gigantic robt I would agree woth you.

Be reckless for your own sake Gin Kaze's Avatar
    Personally i didn't care much for the tekken anime. Alot of my favorite characters were completely left out (you see paul's hair for a split second....thats all from him) And Kazuya was entirely to powerful. He seemed to take everything that even looked at him funny down effortlessly. Which is nice if your a diehard kazuya fanboy. But pretty fucking anoying if you were hoping for a good fight scene.