Page 8 of 27 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131418 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Anime?

X is the WORST anime I EVER watched.

*spoilers*

They killed off the main character. They killed off a lot of other characters. Everyone just DIES in this anime. I don't understand why they had to kill off the main character. The ending was just very unsatisfying, IMO. I mean, I don't mind when endings aren't "the greatest".. but that was over the top.

There was another one.. Blue Gender I think? That was soooo damn boring. I watched some episodes, only halfway, and I think all it was about was the guy getting some booty with as much girls as he could.

Inuyasha... well, that's self explanatory. More than half the crap that happens in that series is unnecessary. They could've finished everything in at LEAST 10 episodes.

Onion Kid
    Super Milk Chan-I couldn't watch it for more than 3 minutes before I wanted to claw out my eyes and pour bleach in my ears.

Naruto Filler- Like I give a damn about some stupid village with a meteorite or a super blood hound bug or any of the other five thousand inane storylines.
    Signatures are the ultimate sign of internet vanity.

It's because you touch yourself at night Hahaue's Avatar
    Worst anime ever... Revolutionary Girl Utena or something to that effect. I was forced to sit through 5 episodes of that crap in high school, I'll never forget that. Some whiny pink-haired girl wants to be a prince or something, and she's got this possibly east indian purple-haired girl in love with her. No real story to it, bad animation, it was physically painful to watch. And to top it all off, it was dubbed.

Naruto would have to be second on my list. The only saving grace it had, to me at least, was Gaara being voiced by Ishida Akira.
    These kids grow up so fast. One day they're playing with their Pokemon and Transformers (they actually think Pikachu can beat Megatron - how misguided) - and the next they're practicing their stalking skills in an online environment.

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    I had been thinking that I might actually like you, but you've just dashed that hope almost entirely.

And not with the bit about Naruto, because that really is garbage.

It's pretty lame to watch 5 episodes of a 36 episode series and claim that it has no story. And the anti-dub elitism is just plain old. Anyone who still clings to the archaic and incorrect notion that dubs are somehow inherently inferior is a laughingstock now.

It's because you touch yourself at night Hahaue's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prak View Post
    I had been thinking that I might actually like you, but you've just dashed that hope almost entirely.

And not with the bit about Naruto, because that really is garbage.

It's pretty lame to watch 5 episodes of a 36 episode series and claim that it has no story. And the anti-dub elitism is just plain old. Anyone who still clings to the archaic and incorrect notion that dubs are somehow inherently inferior is a laughingstock now.
    I disike the lack of talented voice acting for the non-franchised anime, I don't hate dubs. I hate bad dubs. That one was a bad dub. Should I have clarified this? 5 episodes is more than enough, especially in a relatively short series such as that, to show what the story is about. Have you seen it? Are you an Utena fan? If so, explain to me why. Perhaps there was some grand finish to it that redeemed it?

Either way, I was under the impression this thread was about personal opinions, and my opinion was that Utena was just plain horrible.

prak once saw the first 5 episodes of gundam wing and he hates it. see what an injustice only 5 eps is? gundam wing is the greatest! you should watch all of utena then talk.

btw i'm just kidding. prak saw it all and loved it.

ok i was kidding again. he was part of the creative staff and voiced zecks marquis. (lol i would worship prak if that was true, that's a badass voice >.< lol)

I forgot i had imageshack. >.< all this time i had a red x. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Hahaue View Post
    I disike the lack of talented voice acting for the non-franchised anime, I don't hate dubs. I hate bad dubs. That one was a bad dub. Should I have clarified this? 5 episodes is more than enough, especially in a relatively short series such as that, to show what the story is about. Have you seen it? Are you an Utena fan? If so, explain to me why. Perhaps there was some grand finish to it that redeemed it?

Either way, I was under the impression this thread was about personal opinions, and my opinion was that Utena was just plain horrible.
    I have seen Utena, and although I liked it overall, I do have somewhat mixed feelings about it. While the pacing is a bit wonky early on, it does develop as it goes. Also, it is not uncommon at all for an anime series, including some that are wildly popular, to run longer than that before an actual story emerges.

As far as opinions go, that's a cop-out and really isn't useful in discussion. This thread is not just for stating your views. It's also for discussing them. Anything you say is fair game. If you can't deal with that, you should settle for simply muttering to yourself in the shower or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Tact View Post
    prak once saw the first 5 episodes of gundam wing and he hates it. see what an injustice only 5 eps is? gundam wing is the greatest! you should watch all of utena then talk.

btw i'm just kidding. prak saw it all and loved it.

ok i was kidding again. he was part of the creative staff and voiced zecks marquis. (lol i would worship prak if that was true, that's a badass voice >.< lol)
    Just for the sake of clarity, Gundam Wing is utter shit.

you hurt my feelings, man. ;_; it just hurts! >.<

lol but yah i know you hate it. that's what made my lies funnier.

Haruhi Suzumiya No Yuutsu and Naruto are 2 of the worst anime I have watched.

Duel Masters was bullshit too. The character designs were poorly done. Come on! Yu-Gi-oH Was better and that rocked..Digimon sucks too.

I'd just like to remind people that there is a big different between "worst" and "least favorite." When you don't note that difference properly, you wind up with a smartass like me questioning you. Like this:

So what exactly was so horrible about Haruhi?

I'd just like to remind people that there is a big different between "worst" and "least favorite." When you don't note that difference properly, you wind up with a smartass like me questioning you. Like this:

So what exactly was so horrible about Haruhi?
    Good point, actually. But...I guess its kind of hard to choose a "worst" anime that doesn't have any basis on your own personal feelings on that show. Maybe the thread should be titled "Least Favorite".

With that said...Pokemon is the WORST. ANIME. EVER. Opinions mean nothing on this; its a fact of life

I have to say that the "Worst" anime that I have ever seen has to be the 1987 OVA "Hyper Combat Unit Dangaioh". And not the Manga Entertainment edited release, I'm talking the freaking Streamline pictures uncut release.

Really, the only thing that is even remotely likable about that godforsaken piece of crap is the Mechanical designs, which were done by Shoji Kawamori.

I was lucky to find the Wikipedia entry for this show. Here's the plot synopsis from said wiki entry:

Brought together by the mysterious Dr. Tarsan, four psychic warriors Miya Alice, Lamba Nom, Rol Kran and Pai Thunder can unite four powerful planes to form Dangaioh - the most powerful weapon in the universe. Using their psionic force, the Dangaioh team alone can stop the bloody tyranny of Captain Garimoth and Gil-Berg.

The team hopes their psychogenic wave will be strong enough to destroy Garimoth's evil henchman, the notorious Gil-Berg, who has sworn by the taking of his right eye to utterly destroy the Dangaioh team. Along with the threat of Gil-Berg, the Dangaioh team must also avoid falling foul of Garimoth's trickery which finds weakness in their forgotten pasts.

::groan:: To this day, I want my two hours back and resent the fact that I can't tell myself "Don't watch the damn show". It has nothing to do with the release being from Streamline (if ANYONE knows what I'm talking about here, I'd be pleased). It is just utter poo.

If anyone else wonders why I sat through it if I felt so strongly about it, it has a lot to do with the fact that I was reviewing it for a website. I'm sure, if I could find it, that review would be particularly unhappy. It's possible.

So, anyway, that's my take. I'm sorry, but DBZ isn't as bad as Dangaioh. Inuyasha, Yugioh, Mouse, the Mezzo TV series, Spiral, Gundam wing . . . NONE of these are as bad as Dangaioh.

Hmm..., well I've seen many anime and there are a few that come to mind.
    The top 5 in my list:
    1) Dragonball Z (Only the U.S. Dub; I'd prefer the original Japanese)
    2) Alien 9 (Depressing at too many times)
    3) Now and then, Here and there (Same as No. 2)
    4) Galaxy Angel Z to X (It all just became even more stupid)
    5) Lastly, Graduation/Sailor Victory (Same characters, different storylines, no sense)
    There are more but that is all I'll post for now.

Onion Kid
    maburaho, .hack//roots, inuyasha are some of the worst

inuyasha was good for about 15 eps, then jus became crap

Melancholy of Haruhi and Evangelion are greatly overrated

Sorry but my list is:
    The Big O
    FMA
    s-CRY-ed
    Trinity Blood
    Trigun
    Samurai Champloo
    Eureka 7
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    "POOWEE!! Your breath steeeeeeeeeeeeeenks!!!!!!!!!!"

Are you just going out of your way to be contrary or something? I dislike you for being a pretentious cunt. Go away.

Are you just going out of your way to be contrary or something? I dislike you for being a pretentious cunt. Go away.
    never.

◄lȯ̡̮̩̥̝̹͚͕̝ͪ̅̐̀̚̚lico̓̄ ͉̲͈̻̣̀͐̇ͯ͗n► Argus Zephyrus's Avatar
    I bought RG Veda for the hell of it because it was ten bucks. Ten bucks wasted >__<'
    Fortunately, my little sister was there to make fun of those lame characters and made me lmao all over myself. Not to mention that scene where that little girl (or was it a boy) around whom the story kind of revolves has some sort of moment of revelation or something and all you hear is that sound effect that comes before you see the words "A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away..."

< synth fx > THX CERTIFIED!!!

(lolz)

Quote Originally Posted by canti32
    Super Milk Chan-I couldn't watch it for more than 3 minutes before I wanted to claw out my eyes and pour bleach in my ears.
    LOLz, my sentiments exactly. I watched several episodes, though. (Ouch!)
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.].
    Alternatively,
    if you're an idiot, click [Hidden link. Register to see links.].

Quote Originally Posted by Wolf359 View Post
    Sorry but my list is:
    The Big O
    FMA
    s-CRY-ed
    Trinity Blood
    Trigun
    Samurai Champloo
    Eureka 7
    You dont like Fullmetal Alchemist?????? Whats wrong with you???????

Fullmetal Alchemist is one of the BEST anime shows ive seen in my entire life.......Its actaully my FAVORITE one.

Ok,it might be in your least favorite list....but on the HATE list......come on man!!!!

Ohhhhh....Just noticed....all of the animes you listed were or are super popular!!! You are just trying to piss of people......right???

Onion Kid
    DBZ is the best anime ever - for a really guy that likes fighting and action. It's all about power, being the characters the center-point of everything (the characters can live without the scenario). It's bad for little girls and for guy-girls that like to dress-up with stupid anime clothes, that like to be different (and gay), that like stupid homoshit stuff like Sailor Moon, Utena and other girls-things.

Sorry to say it, Gokuraku, but your assessments are incorrect. None of the anime you listed are the worst, or even as harmful to little girls and guy-girls, as Dangaioh. Nothing is worse than Dangaioh.
    ~All things are possible in this world

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is the place that I buy many of the Soundtracks that I upload.
    If you like the music I provide, consider buying the actual albums.

Quote Originally Posted by An email I just received
    Wolf359 ( [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

This is part of this thread:
    Worst Anime?

This is the reason that the user gave:
    We got a Mortimer Snerd of a guy named Prak on your forum insulting me
    and harrassing me and calling me a pretentious cunt
    I will certainly take all appropriate actions at once!

Hot damn! I love it when people report my own posts to me.

Another anime which is on my worst/least favourite list is Green Green.

It's too fanservice-y for me. It's not aimed for me...so bleh. I didn't like it.

I know a BAD Dub, Bible Black.
    It's so Horrid that you can just laugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Masaka_Naraku View Post
    I know a BAD Dub, Bible Black.
    It's so Horrid that you can just laugh.
    Im with you on that one^_^

Blood: The Last Vampire.

That anime...I sat through it...and then wanted to bash my head against the wall. Just cause I just sat through the most boring, almost no dialogue, anime ever.

On that note. Blood+ was pretty good.