Page 7 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121317 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Anime?

Quote Originally Posted by Natsumi View Post
    Im sorry to you guys out there that like DBZ & Pokèmon, but I hate them. I cant stand DBZ the fighting sucks, the storyline sucks. Everything XD And as for Pokèmon, whats the point of catching animals and putting them into balls. There isnt enough action in Pokèmon, its more like a kid kinda cartoon, but I would rather watch Pokèmon than DBZ.
    Good point. I prefer Pokémon over DBZ. Personally, I HATE the kind of drawing on DBZ. Bleck. Too much detail. Anime is SUPPOSED to be somewhat cheap, ne?

Cats PWN you. Get over it. rhimineecat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kanyuku View Post
    Good point. I prefer Pokémon over DBZ. Personally, I HATE the kind of drawing on DBZ. Bleck. Too much detail. Anime is SUPPOSED to be somewhat cheap, ne?
    Wow I would hate to see your anime collection where everything looks so cheap... Dragonball Z is not overly detailed, especially considering shows and movies being presented today. Dragonball Z also came out in the late 80's early 90's in japan, so it has an excuse of being up to par by today's standards.
    Try some better shows than Pokemon... have a look at Blood+, Fullmetal Alchemist... anything by Studios Gonzo or Ghibli.

I'll take that as a kindness. KaMoDiAn's Avatar
    Okay, I caved into my friend's request to watch Prince of Tennis. And I've always stayed away from just WATCHING sports.. but since it's an anime.. it might be good? I mean Suzuka was nice, though not really sport focused.

Anyway, bottom line is... I'll never take suggestions that aren't on my actual want to see list anymore.
    Z

Legend of Duo is by far too AWFUL for my tastes. Especially the animation... "I have pretty pictures.. that move!"

I Should Have My Own Theme Song~ [-Sian-]'s Avatar
    Yu-Gi-oOh blows hard chunks.
    It's totally moronic. The hair, the characters, everything. @__@
    I hate it all.

Samurai Champloo is overrrated, but as for the worst around. . .

Mouse was pretty stupid.

I'd say any Americanized anime that I see from time to time on the "time to appeal to middle schoolers" hour on Cartoon Network, etc, would probably be some of the worst anime I've seen...
    But! The show Gantz, while it had TONS of potential, went basically nowhere. I hear the manga's great, but the show sucked. Something akin to DBZ's characters grunting and looking at each other for an entire episode, saying "but.. how? how is he still alive?" etc etc.
    Seemed too much of a cheap excuse to make a show about excessive (while sometimes well done) violence and nudity, without much substance behind it.

I'll take that as a kindness. KaMoDiAn's Avatar
    I personally think DBZ is bashed too much. I mean, sure it's overratted, but it was one of those shows where you could watch when you're tired and tune in without thinking or really pay attention to the lack of (if any real) story. It's kinda like that cg thing they had before commercial breaks a while back where they played a little 30 sec piece of something weird forming.. then at the end of the year they played the whole thing out and it made one big huge weird thing and everyone would be all: "Wooooooww... what is it?". Anybody remember that?

I've never cared much for the Gundam series in general and I hate that Ghost in the Shell series with a passion.

Quote Originally Posted by KaMoDiAn View Post
    I personally think DBZ is bashed too much. I mean, sure it's overratted, but it was one of those shows where you could watch when you're tired and tune in without thinking or really pay attention to the lack of (if any real) story. It's kinda like that cg thing they had before commercial breaks a while back where they played a little 30 sec piece of something weird forming.. then at the end of the year they played the whole thing out and it made one big huge weird thing and everyone would be all: "Wooooooww... what is it?". Anybody remember that?
    True, DBZ could have been a lot worse. It did help me pass the time in middle school. Not like I had anything else to look forward to on a day-to-day basis, anyway... X P

Onion Kid
    Ragnarok the Animation, sorry guys i like the game, but DAYUM the anime was really lame in my opinion =/.

Inyuasha or however the freak you spell it. REALLY found this boring.

Yu Yu Hakusho, also boring.

Sorry if anyone are fans of these animes', no hard feelings ya?

Hm...I could name a few from memory:

Inyuasha- dude, they didn't even kill the bad guy in the end

Digimon- "Pokemon" and "Digimon" lol I thought they were the same things! (sarcasm)

Pokemon- It's been more than 10 freaking years since in aired in the USA, and it's still goin. WHEN WILL THE ENDLESS JOURNEY END?!!??!!

Sailor Moon- I can't believe I was 7 and I watched this.

Yugi-Oh- It-it-it........*sigh* i'm speechless.

It's become so easy to bash DBZ, especially compared with today's anime. It's not really that bad.

Dragonball, which isn't such a bad series itself (Its more of a kids fairy tale series) left off with some nagging questions like "What's the deal with Goku and his tail?" Well DBZ I think came about to explain all that

I think DBZ would've been a better series if they had cut off after the Cell saga when Goku dies and Gohan beats Cell for the final time. You have the conclusion that Goku had fulfilled his role as Earth's hero and that it was up to the next generation to take care of things. Nice and tidy

That would have been good. Instead we had Goku coming back more powerful than ever and then the whole fusion, the next levels of Super Saiyan. It was all a big mess of lame predictable crap

As for my vote for worst anime? Gasaraki.. I bought it a few years ago, and considering I can't get past the first episode without being bored to tears... yeah

Yu Yu Hakusho, also boring.

Sorry if anyone are fans of these animes', no hard feelings ya?
    Yu Yu Hakusho is great. Although I think it takes until the 2nd half of the series to really appreciate it (end of dark tournament and onwards) But yeah everyone has their own opinions

The chosen one

Question papuwa

no dobt that the number one worst anime has to be papuwa. so sad that its from squre enix!! where did they go wrong =(

papuwa is from square? wtf? dude that show is fucking crazy.

the gay snail and fish are hilarious though. and i do like some of the inside jokes. but....idk. it's just...wierd. lol

I forgot i had imageshack. >.< all this time i had a red x. lol

I personally think Ghost in the Shell is one of the most well drawn and thought out series out there. I love it.

Worst anime I've seen would have to be Naruto. The main reason is Naruto himself.

And it wasn't bad but I never really got too into Yu Yu Hakusho.

I was watching you sleep last night... KnightOfTerra's Avatar
    Bubblegum Crisis...that shit was fucking lame.

Nadia the Movie. Shameful animation( the short-lived series is 100000 times better) and poo-poo story. ;_;

Dragon Ball Z. The anime was way too long but it's all the same things happening.

The worst anime ever is Desert Punk. By far, it's stupid.
    you can think of me when you forget your seatbelt

Final Fantasy Hunter Galvacloud's Avatar
    As far as DBZ goes its a good anime for people just getting into anime as a whole but people who have watched more will think its crap, true no story and far too much flying to random places, talking about fighting, thinking about who they are going to fight, travelling to fight someone e.t.c. but on the whole its good till you watch pretty much anything else. As for pokemon its just animal cruelty, stuffing them in cut open tennis balls is just plain wrong

I personally hate Inuyasha.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Papaya View Post
    I personally hate Inuyasha.

i just grew a strong dislike for you.

wost anime = Yugi-hoe.

Im not really a big DBZ fan. I used to be forced to watch it with my brother. If i didnt he would cry. Lol. Im also not really a Bleach fan, i read it and watched the anime but It didnt suit me well. :]
    "Smile, because you know today your alot strong then yesterday."