Page 5 of 27 FirstFirst 123456789101115 ... LastLast

Thread: Worst Anime?

Nice Person
    Ok that was wierd,
    Yes i know technically all cartoons can be called anime,as they are animations, but anime is usually specifically associated with Japanese, and a certain style

While Pokemon and digimon are still anime they could be called "less anime" than Other such series made specifically for a japanese audience.

Oh and why are the times of posts messed up??

i no speak this country language! D: thinginthetub's Avatar
    Again, no, they are not "less anime". Just because you personally don't like a series doesn't make it less of anything that it falls under the definition of. It just means the series is not to your taste.

Personally, I fucking hate shows like Fruits Basket and Ouran, but I still consider them anime. Just really shitty anime.

Personally, there aren't many series I hate; but one I do is...

REIGN: The Conqueror

Also, from reading the entire topic, it seems like some of these claims are based on only watching the dubs. I'm not one of those elitists that believes that all subs are better than dubs, but there are many cases.

Also, in the case of DragonBall, there's a reason that the Freeza battle was drawn out for so long. Toriyama wanted to end it with Goku becoming a Super Sayian and defeating Frieza, but dying while trying to escape. Just like the story arc did end. Only problem was that the fans wanted more. He then made the Android and Cell story arcs. Was once again supposed to end with Goku dying to save everyone. Fans STILL wanted more. Toriyama then made the Buu arc. He was then able to end it. Fans STILL wanted EVEN MORE. That's where GT comes in. The only thing that Toriyama had to do with that was a few character designs.

Also, I will openly admit that I liked Digimon. That is, up until Frontier.

For those who don't know, each "Season" was actually a different series.

S1: Adventure 01 (First half of Digimon Adventure, the good one)
    S2: Adventure 02 (Second half, not so great)
    S3: Tamers (Currently the best of the 4 completed series)
    S4: Frontier (Almost everyone didn't like this one compared to the others)
    S5: Savers (Currently airing in Japan, is getting to Tamers level quality. And that's a good thing.)

About .hack//SIGN, it was mainly used as a story-based prequel to the 4 .hack games for the PS2. After that, they released .hack//DUSK, also known as Legend of the Twilight Bracelet. It was meant to be more light hearted.Just now, they have released the new game .hack//G.U. Rebirth and the new anime .hack//ROOTS. I know nothing about Roots except for the fact that is's to be aired on Cartoon Network.

I'm not trying to change your opinions, I know that you can love what you love, and hate what you hate. I'm not trying to change that.

Also, just so you know, my current favorite anime is:

Mobile Fighter G Gundam

Thank you for your time, and good night.

ROYAL.Y
    Kyo...i'll say
    its actually a oka anime
    but kyo is just bad compare to its original manga...i love the manga =v=''

nice job, bp. i know where your coming from. i can respect people who hate certain anime, but it does bug me when the REASONS they hate it are like...all the wrong reasons. i can see your just trying to correct those ideas.

I forgot i had imageshack. >.< all this time i had a red x. lol

Popotan get this vote.
    "If you ask me, they're more like executioners than judges..."
    - Balthier, Final Fantasy XII

Woops I guess I should warn you
    **SPOILER**

Featuring...

Inuyashas ending

Inuyasha. Way to long it has like a hundred or so episodes and in the end it has no conclusion; that really pissed me off, it was ok in the begining but it is just to repetitive.
    I may also add pokemon, yugioh, beyblade etc...

I sure do like video game music
    Medabots. Horrible art, eye-wretchingly bad animation, annoying characters, stupid-looking robots, no storyline (battle after battle), and rips off of everything from Pokemon to Sailor Moon. Nelvana's dub doesn't help things, either.

Oh, God. I thought I had forgotten about the travesty that was Medabots.

Unhappy

Thou I know a few dubbed anime out there that are pretty good in english, the rest are crap! While watching Samurai Deeper Kyo in english I grew greatly disinterested because of the voice acting! It was THAT BAD! So I had to finish it in japanese, where it sounded alot better, and actually got me into it again.

Oh, and SD Gundam... horrible. In english and japanese. That's is all I have to say.

Onion Kid
    Hamtaro is the GREATEST ANIME EVER.....everything else stinks.Period.Yes, Hamsters are Ham ham better. Oh and Superbook is great too.

Servant to the great Dark Samus phazonmasher's Avatar
    The Melty Lancer OVA, biggest pile of crap to ever hit my eyes.

Anybody mentioned Samurai Deeper Kyo!! yes, somebody did.

Onion Kid
    SDK isn't the worst but its not great either. Anyway here is my list of the worst and my reasoning for them:

Love Hina:
    One joke spanned over 26 episodes gets really old really fast. Throw in some really bad character development and cliche'd plots and you've got one boring anime.

Dragonball Z/GT:
    I must be clear here and say that I absolutely hate DBZ and GT, though the original is bearable. Where the original had some nice comic relief and was genuinely fresh the same can't be said for DBZ/GT. I know that it the filler episodes where created to keep it with the Manga but that doesn't excuse the fact that it moves along at a depressingly slow pace. Again, bad characters and weak storylines don't help it. The animation is just plain bad and the 'fighting' if you can even call it that, well the less said the better.

Neon Genesis Evangellion:
    This is one that I'll probably get a lot of heat for but I honestly think that its THE most overrate anime of all time. The characters never change, behave in unrealistic ways and the story never really advances or goes anywhere. Episodes exist simply to have another angel attack. The religous symbolism is excessive and I had to take time out to look it all up because I'm not a christian so it didn't make sense to me at first. However, thats not my reason for hating it. The reason is that its plot was bad and its characters were bad. Though admittedly the mechs are some of my all time favorites.

Street Fighter 2V:
    I love Street Fighter and it pains me to say this but this was THE worst iteration of it ever. Atleast the Jean Claude Van Damme movie was funny in how bad it was. This had the absolute worst soundtrack of any anime ever, and had so many inaccuracies that it wasn't even funny. Ken is a redhead? Well thats news to me. Just a terrible anime that should be avoided at all costs.

Tenchi Muyo:
    Bad, just bad.

Blue Gender:
    What started out as a very cool anime with an interesting 28 Days later kind of feel quickly deteriorated into misguided train wreck of a series. It ran into issues with character development as soon as they arrive on second earth. Characters switch roles and the plot twists had potential but were just never saw through. Towards the end they ran out of steam and pulled of the worst ending ever. It started out with a qausi scientific explanation for everything but by the end we've got the 'will of the earth,' please what BS. Also, why have mechs if they roll on wheels and with an open cockpit? Why not just use a damn tank?

Yu Yu Hakusho:
    What can be said about this anime? Bad characters? Bad Soundtrack? Well all of those and more. Again we have another cliche storyline where our main character is annoying as hell and magically gets the strength to overcome every obstacle in his way. Now granted there are a few occasions where he doesn't always prevail but they're just too sparse to give the anime any kind of redeeming qualities. There were some cool characters though, Hiei is still one of my favorite characters from any anime. That said, for the most part the characters are terrible.

Rurouni Kenshin (Shishio Arc Only):
    I loved the first third, last third and OVAs of Rurouni Kenshin but this middle arc is god awful. Kenshin NEVER changes at all. Its just ridiculously absurd. Oh and the fights. The fights were terrible, repetetive and I find it very hard to believe that Kenshin is such a great fighter when the second his sword is gone hes useless. So you're telling me that he doesn't know any hand to hand? The only thing that redeemed it were Kenshin's Sensei and Sanoske.

Those are what come to mind right now.

nice descriptions. they seem honest.

i liked sf2v though. lol. this was back in the day when i would go renting for anime at the local video store. are you sure your tv dind't have some wierd tint to it cause his hair was pretty much orange the whole time. orange is like somewhat blonde... (depending on shade and light source...)

tenchi muyo bad? >.< aaaahhh! funny how tastes differ so greatly sometimes. i love dbz.

ah well. i ain't gonna try to convince you or defend it or anything. gotta respect the fact that some people like diffrent things.

Onion Kid
    It looked red on my comp, maybe my screen is just dirty. Who knows? However, in the dub ryu explicitly calls him a red head at one point. Seing as I don't know colors yet in Japanese I have no way to verify. As for my views, I'm probably one of the pickiest people that you'll ever meet. It just takes one thing to irk me and you've lost me. So if they seem extreme its because of that lol.

Another vote from me to Samurai Deeper Kyo.. Ehm,, Just to show my genuine affection.. Sorry.

I'de have to say Tokyo mew mew
    at first, it started of quite nice (i watched this show two years ago, so back then it didn't bother me so much that it was a little bit childish) the search and introduction of the characters was nicely done, and also the evil guy was introduced.
    but then, it became boring, really boring. the transformation was always the same, episode after episode after episode. then, it appeared more "evil" characters were going to appear but that just made the show worse.
    it's 52 episodes, every episode fighting a monster without a purpose, i never watched it till the end, i just found it so old and the same thing over and over again.

And i'm sorry for all the naruto fans, but i just hate the fillers. i love the regular show, when they follow the manga, that's nice. but the fillers are just horrible. no story at all, lame joke and making fun of their own character every episode again.

you know what. now that i think about it. i think i've given it enough of a chance as it is. i didn't wanna say this but i'm getting really sick and tired of each episode now i don't even know why i force myself to watch.

i really really really think

orphen 2 sucks!!

this show is just soooo fucking boring and stupid. i like filler episodes if i love the characters and i just love watching what they do day in and day out. but in this case, i DON'T love the characters! i think they suck. i think they suck. and i think they suck. not fun to watch them. and ye the fillers go on. they use the 20 minutes of filler and 5 minutes of important story format that many crap anime's use. they give only teensy bit of hints that there's some type of story progression but in reality there really isn't. just more filler. >.<

anyone else seen it? supposedly the first series is good.

The worst anime i've encountered so far has to be Mouse its about a stupid theif. i think i'll stick with lupin thank you very much.

Decus of the Spicules Crowley_Ism's Avatar
    I don't like any Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, or Ghost in the Shell.... the story and characters are just too boring and flat for me. And for a FF anime...well, let's just say I'm not even going there....the crappy games scare me enough, and I don't need anymore terrifying, random anime.....
    sPiCuLe

How can someone not like cowboy bebop? It's probably the only anime with any sort of far reaching depth, cinematic bearing, or relevance. The characterization actually has layered meaning instead of this crappy shounen fest where every other anime program has the same generic cast of stock characters with different hairstlyes. Can someone honestly find any relevant differences between Yusuke, Ichigo and the rest of these shounen archetypes?

I think by "flat" s/he means "realistic". =P

Decus of the Spicules Crowley_Ism's Avatar
    No actually I just mean uber boring and completely uninteresting. lol And I'm a female.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowley_Ism View Post
    I don't like any Gundam, Cowboy Bebop, or Ghost in the Shell.... the story and characters are just too boring and flat for me. And for a FF anime...well, let's just say I'm not even going there....the crappy games scare me enough, and I don't need anymore terrifying, random anime.....
    Bebop and Ghost in the Shell?

Christwagons ;_;; I mean, yeah GITS is excusable because that's a little out there and you really have to watch it from episode 1 to understand most of everything. The 2nd GiG is most certainly my favorite and the movies are excellent.

But Bebop? That's far from boring and uninteresting. There's alot of action, the dialogue is pretty amusing, the characters aren't typical, and not to mention one of the most amazing soundtracks I've ever heard. Maybe you should sit and watch the entire series from episode 1 or again (if you've seen them all) to really establish something a little more solid, but to each their own I guess.
    mailbox v2.1 tsumugi; K-ON