Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: Square-Enix is milking FFVII way too much

Quote Originally Posted by MasterAnge View Post
    What really deserves a sequel/remake is Einhander. End of story.
    I don't know that game.

But what really deserves a compilation (no Parasite Eve 2 isn't enough :P) is Parasite Eve. End of the story XD.
    Check out my Resident Evil & Silent Hill Quote Quiz:

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

I'd love to see Parasite Eve 3 or whatever. That series should have never been given up on.

But why stop milking a cow with infinite milk? Sick of the milk? Stop drinking it.

Onion Kid
    Well, form what I've heard,There's going to be a Parasite Eve 3, but it seems that is still not confirmed.

Quote Originally Posted by gokarma View Post
    Square-Enix has been very concentrated on the FFVII Compilation more than anything else-- Advent Children, Crisis Core, Dirge of Cerberus, Before Crisis, and Last Order. FFVII is still one of my favorite videogames, but I think Square-Enix is going a little overboard with all this bloated FFVII fluff: an OVA, a mobile phone game, a shooter, a CG anime... in which they're all mediocre at best. The last thing I want is for FFVII to become another Star Wars or Disney franchise: series that have been milked up so much by the company that their original aura just dried up. I wish Square-Enix never began these FFVII sellout projects; it makes them look like some self-indulgent conglomerate.

Some of the greatest games have never needed sequels, remakes, or commercialized off-shoot mediums to keep their respective place in history, such as NiGHTS Into Dreams, Vagrant Story, and StarCraft. FFVII should've been, and was, one of those. I say leave the classics alone.
    well no 1 will reject a ff7 pre/sequel. i am sure u know how bad ff7OC is.. but its still being liked. y? cos its part of ff7. but I would be glad if they can make ff8 sequel too :P I miss the nice CG of future buildings and the idea of ranks and the military school.

in ten years we will all be preordering FF 13-episode 13 on our wiistation 360's...i can hardly wait

and mario must be on like his 100th sequel too...after mario world, galaxy, and universe, then what? (dont say mario in time b/c im pretty sure he's done that)

Hands off my bread! Psycho_Cyan's Avatar
    But most of the Mario games have been good. Even most of the spin-offs. Mario Kart and Strikers, anyone? I'll take those over Advent Children and Dirge of Cerberus anyday.
    Thanks to Garamond for the sig/ava!

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar
    Mario's Hotel. WHOO!

Magical Pet Gopher
    It's all about the money...if they can milk any moola from a dead cow, they'll flog it as hard as they can until their arms fall off.

They know they can get people to buy their products, and with the fanbase apparently expanding due to the release of AC it looks like they'll be doing a whole lot more milking.

Quote Originally Posted by noskillbassist View Post
    Mario's Hotel. WHOO!
    That's why I said "most."

It's all about the money...if they can milk any moola from a dead cow, they'll flog it as hard as they can until their arms fall off.
    Thank you, Captain Obvious. It's pretty sad, actually, that fans are still drooling over this stuff. This isn't just FFVII bashing. The entire jRPG genre is stagnant, mostly thanks to Squeenix and FF fankids who masturbate all over everything with the right logo on the cover. I really wonder if FFXIII will help matters at all, but judging by who's working on it, I highly doubt it.

jRPG's might be stagnant, but im liking what bioware is doing with the genre (baldur's gate, neverwinter nights)

i wouldn't mind seeing a mass effect 2 or 3 either

Onion Kid
    Let them milk it!!!

In my opinion it's not exactly milked, They made two movies, two prequel games, and a sequel game to end ties with a popular optional charater. In my opinion it's not exactly milked until either Cloud is in Super Smash Brothers IV, or one of those crazy Soul Calibur 'We put the charater in because people like them (Cough: Starwars Charaters)' slots in Soul Calibur V.

Worst case scenario or potentally best case scenario: Final Fantasy Party. (You'd hate AND like it, at the same time.)

Quote Originally Posted by virtualchan View Post
    jRPG's might be stagnant, but im liking what bioware is doing with the genre (baldur's gate, neverwinter nights)

i wouldn't mind seeing a mass effect 2 or 3 either
    Those aren't jRPG's. Those would be American RPG's. The real difference is the amount of control the player has over character development--both in terms of mechanics and at least to a degree, story-wise, as well. BioWare's games are quite possibly the only games keeping the entire genre out of the crapper.

Quote Originally Posted by Metal_2
    In my opinion it's not exactly milked, They made two movies, two prequel games, and a sequel game to end ties with a popular optional charater.
    I have a suggestion for you. Try having a clue what you're talking about before posting like that.

Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CyanCyde View Post
    BioWare's games are quite possibly the only games keeping the entire genre out of the crapper.
    Quite possibly eh? Lionhead Studios and Bethesda are easily on par with Bioware.

What I would love is a sequel to FFIX
    Sorry Player, I'm Noriega crossed with Schwarzenegger
    The orphan maker, orchestrate your fate in a torture chamber

Quote Originally Posted by Hynad View Post
    Quite possibly eh? Lionhead Studios and Bethesda are easily on par with Bioware.
    Dude, how could I forget Bethesda? Thank you for correcting me there; I needed that.

my whole point was that yes, jRPG's might be stagant, but other RPG's like bioware's are not

plus i know a lotta ppl are waiting for deus ex 3 from eidos, the original was pretty awesome

Everyone is gifted. Some open the package sooner. Hynad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CyanCyde View Post
    Dude, how could I forget Bethesda? Thank you for correcting me there; I needed that.
    You're welcome. I'm waiting impatiently for Fallout 3 and Fable 2 so I'm not going to forget about those 2 developers.

Workin' for the city! Bus Driver's Avatar
    FFVII was and is a great game, but to say the it's the best will always be an opinion, many great RPG's are out there besides FFVII. Regardless, I really enjoyed the game.

Square-Enix...nuff said. I don't agree with their over marketing of FFVII, they are destroying the dignity the game had. FFVII gained it's following because it introduced a new generation to the series and became very popular.

Still, the game was great. The characters may be lacking on depth, but still they were good characters. The music was great and the setting was good and while the storyline got a bit too complex (they were holes) overall it was still a great game.

FFVII's popularity basically set the bar so high that not even the FFVII itself could touch it, which is why it is highly criticized today.

Square-Enix, get off your ass and come up with some fresh ideas. Quit destroying FFVII and get back to the basics.
    "This is where I'm supposed to say something to catch your attention" - Bus Driver

Damn your shenanigans! - Bus Driver

They're not milking it too much. It took them 9 years to release a FF7 game after the original. The only things I am counting so far in the Compilation are The Original, Advent Children, Dirge of Cerberus and Crisis Core. Forget about random appearances in fighting games and Kingdom Hearts. I also don't care about the Cellphone game or the Anime.

The facts it that you're only saying that they're milking it too much because it's a final fantasy game. We're supposed to get new characters and new worlds with each new game, right? You wouldn't have the same opinion about games like Devil May Cry, Resident Evil, or God of War where the same character(s) appear in each one.

Let them milk it - as long as they make good prequels, sequels, movies, or whatever. Dirge of Cerberus didn't ruin anything either. The only thing wrong with that game was the gameplay. The story and characters were great. It was basically like watching another Advent Children, with some horrible gameplay thrown in between scenes.

Quote Originally Posted by MMtech View Post
    Dirge of Cerberus didn't ruin anything either. The only thing wrong with that game was the gameplay.

The important part is that Dirge had good characters and a great story, and it was great watching all of the cutscenes - which is what I already said but apparently I need to repeat myself for the one-line quoters with the rolleyes at the ready.

I just downloaded the FMVs and never bothered to play the game - and I'm glad I did. They would have been better off actually just making it into another CGI film instead of an actual game. It's still an acceptable entry in the compilation. The reviews for the game were always something along the lines of Story: 9.0, Design: 9.0 etc., then Gameplay: 3.5.

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMtech View Post
    The important part is that Dirge had good characters and a great story, and it was great watching all of the cutscenes - which is what I already said but apparently I need to repeat myself for the one-line quoters with the rolleyes at the ready.
    You are quite an idiot.

One day you will remove the fanboy goggles from your eyes and realize I'm saying this for your own good. Until then, you may dislike me for it, but I must insist that you prostrate yourself and beg my forgiveness when you finally grow a brain.

Quote Originally Posted by Prak View Post
    You are quite an idiot..

I lol'd

The darkness writhes. execrable gumwrapper's Avatar