Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Square-Enix is milking FFVII way too much

The thread is not that old guys..

Old enough, it's ok to revive around 2 month old threads, but only if you have a decent reason doing do.

Sig too big

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Kupo Nuts View Post
    yeah i agree they do, but then i wouldnt mind them remaking some FF's with decent graphics...
    I agree...it's my dorky rpg wet dream that they give it some decent graphics. I know, they're tooo fucking lazy and it would take too long, but come on!

Advent children is brilliant, I think they are over selling VII but I dont care because half of the stuff they are bringing out is pretty decent.
    Strength without determination means nothing, and determination without strength is equally useless"
    Godo- Final Fantasy VII

Onion Kid
    Advent Children is great.... but most of my friend tell that they didn't understand the storyline... who care of it, they don't understand because they didn't play the game as long as I understand. The graphic was soo cool, the most part of it all environment and other made in fully CG...
    great... great...
    "two tumbs up"
    maybe someday square-enix will make some episode of it, so we can watch it every week )
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    My final fantasy blog...

Dhampir

Exclamation What i Think/Believe

I Think/Believe that Square Enix is trying to make Final Fantasy understood by all types of people. And while they are doing that they are also making sure to make a profit! (That sounds like perfect business sklls to me) And just because they are only making more final fantsy 7's right now doesn't mean they are milking it. It just means that they are trying to show all the back story to final fantasy 7, and it's final fantasy! Can you really say "stop making final fantasy" without feeling a quiver of ice down your spine? And so what if most of the new final fantasy's are all spinoffs of an original final fantasy? it just shows how good of a game they are and Everyone has their favorite final fantasy that they would like to see what happens...(mine is final fantsy 10 and it made me so happy to find out there was a final fantasy 10-2 coming out! but mostly when i beat 10-2 i felt sad that it was over just when i got yuna and tidus together again! i wanted to see what they do together and what wakka's baby looks like grown up and who rikku & paine hook up with? and i wanted to see most of all what happened when tidus and yuna grew old together?) So everyone wants to know what happens next! And that is what square enix is doing (more or less)(^o^)

Here's looking at you, kid. Espanha's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ket_kul View Post
    "two tumbs up"
    Man, I gotta visit the AC section more often.

They milk it as much as they want and I'd still buy 'em Besides all I really want is a really good FF7 remake w/o a bunch of crap thrown into them

Quote Originally Posted by Temarivosa View Post
    They milk it as much as they want and I'd still buy 'em
    That's exactly what they need: consumers not thinking about what they buy.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amidamaru2Samurai View Post
    I Think/Believe that Square Enix is trying to make Final Fantasy understood by all types of people. And while they are doing that they are also making sure to make a profit! (That sounds like perfect business sklls to me) And just because they are only making more final fantsy 7's right now doesn't mean they are milking it. It just means that they are trying to show all the back story to final fantasy 7, and it's final fantasy! Can you really say "stop making final fantasy" without feeling a quiver of ice down your spine? And so what if most of the new final fantasy's are all spinoffs of an original final fantasy? it just shows how good of a game they are and Everyone has their favorite final fantasy that they would like to see what happens...(mine is final fantsy 10 and it made me so happy to find out there was a final fantasy 10-2 coming out! but mostly when i beat 10-2 i felt sad that it was over just when i got yuna and tidus together again! i wanted to see what they do together and what wakka's baby looks like grown up and who rikku & paine hook up with? and i wanted to see most of all what happened when tidus and yuna grew old together?) So everyone wants to know what happens next! And that is what square enix is doing (more or less)(^o^)
    SE is doing what a business is doing to make money, taking an earlier hit, altering things to the story and characters and releasing them to the public masses...

I've placed my rant about this whole FFVII spinoff/sequel/prequel stuff.. and right now I just can't be bothered...

If ppl want more, then fine, go ahead and buy the fucking things... but stop trying to find ways to convince others to do what you are doing, running out to your nearest store, when a new FFVII title has come out and creaming your pants in orgasmic overload when you get your grubby little mitts on the title in question.

Just because some moronic lifeforms blindly follow whatever is dished out to them, doesn't mean EVERYONE else has to join you.

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

Life for Final Fantasy FainaruFantaji's Avatar
    Whether it`s money or not... I liked AC, LO and DoC... And from what I`ve seen CC looks totally awsome too...

Level 70 Night Elf Druid iceberg325's Avatar
    Square is milking FF7 just like every other company milks their number one franchise. Koei does it with dynasty warriors, capcom with mega man, nintendo with mario and pokemon. The list goes on and on. There's also a FF12 spinoff coming out, and a FF13 compilation. Squares milking everything lol.
    Currently playing: Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fallout 4, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Assassins Creed Syndicate

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg325 View Post
    Square is milking FF7 just like every other company milks their number one franchise. Koei does it with dynasty warriors, capcom with mega man, nintendo with mario and pokemon. The list goes on and on. There's also a FF12 spinoff coming out, and a FF13 compilation. Squares milking everything lol.
    Koei has other titles as well and besides, Dynasty Warriors is based off of Luo Guanzhong's Novel, The Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which is based off of actual Historical events which occurred in China circa 180AD - 260AD.

Capcom has other titles which they have, besides Megaman (Streetfighter franchise, Breath of Fire series... just to name a couple.).

Nintendo, true, I grant that Nintendo seems to be focusing on those game. But they've done greats in the past.

FF12 spinoffs and FF13 series... I'll leave my rant about them for later.

I agree completely. As much as I enjoyed FFVII, Square-Enix are sucking it dry. They have made so many sub-games, with a movie here and there, which relate to FFVII, that the original doesn't seem so special anymore. Ok, they made a movie (Advent Children) which takes place 2 years after the original game, that's one thing. However, then you get games on the PSP, and Mobile Phone, and then another sequel to the movie! Now, that my friends, takes the cake. It was a game which was released 10 years ago, get over it...

I definately agree that they really don't need to keep making more things related to FF VII. Why not FF IX, I like that game better.

I had also enjoyed FFIX better than FFVII.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou Dun View Post
    Koei has other titles as well and besides, Dynasty Warriors is based off of Luo Guanzhong's Novel, The Romance of the Three Kingdoms, which is based off of actual Historical events which occurred in China circa 180AD - 260AD.

Capcom has other titles which they have, besides Megaman (Streetfighter franchise, Breath of Fire series... just to name a couple.).

Nintendo, true, I grant that Nintendo seems to be focusing on those game. But they've done greats in the past.

FF12 spinoffs and FF13 series... I'll leave my rant about them for later.
    First off, I'm not sure what your point is. Square-Enix has several series and several other completely new games in the works.

Second, this whole polymorphic content thing is the result of RPGs being a relatively niche market in the RPG genre. A lot of people don't seem to realize that Square has to complete against games like Madden 200X or Halo 3. The amount of people who play RPGs is still not that large, when you look at the big picture. This is also why so many RPG-making companies have been having mergers in recent years.

Third, all companies milk their popular series. They are companies. There job is to do business and earn money.

And anyone who is complaining about FFVII being milked is too late to jump on the bandwagon. Square has been milking Final Fantasy since FF2. In the subsequent 20 years, we've had trading cards, toys, drinks, CDs, an anime series, a card game, remakes, anime sequels (Legend of the Crystal is a sequel to FFV), audio drama CDs, spinoffs, movies, posters, and any number of other products I'm forgetting.

But, God forbid they make a direct sequel to one of their games. That's just crossing the line. Give me a fuckin' break.

EDIT: To those people who are thinking making a direct sequel was a mistake (Example FF10 and 10-2) you're telling me it's ok to make 5 spin-offs, 1 full length movie, and an anime series, but making a single sequel is crossing the line? Hehe...

I think he was being sarcastic in that last line, Quantum.

Erm, if he/she was being sarcastic, sorry 'bout that. But for those that do think making a direct sequel was a mistake, then yeah, that post was for you.

Not at the table Carlos discodan's Avatar
    Along with making a buck wich is a good reason for producing the series, i think people just want the story to continue. Some people may have actually liked the fact that you can follow these cats around thru diff adventures.

Grand Shriner
    it would have made sense if they relased advent children after all the remakes. but maybe it was only after they saw what they could do in the movie with the music graphics new characters looks than they got a taste for some gameplay action to go with it.

i think remakes are good. plus it's not just the old gamers that play it. to a lot of people this stuff is new.

i only remember ff7 onwards. but some younger people have only played ffx and onwards.

maybe the HD directors cut thingy version of advent children will mark the end of the series remakes. or maybe not i dunno the dates for that movie.

I've completed all FF's apart from the Japanese FF2 and the new FF3 on the Nintendo DS. I found FF7 mediocre, and actually enjoyed FF10 more.

Quote Originally Posted by Suzaku View Post
    First off, I'm not sure what your point is. Square-Enix has several series and several other completely new games in the works.
    True, yet they still go back to FFVII to be the cash cow.

Second, this whole polymorphic content thing is the result of RPGs being a relatively niche market in the RPG genre. A lot of people don't seem to realize that Square has to complete against games like Madden 200X or Halo 3. The amount of people who play RPGs is still not that large, when you look at the big picture. This is also why so many RPG-making companies have been having mergers in recent years.
    There are a lot of companies out there which make all sorts of games. But comparing a company like Square (who makes RPG's) to one like EA Sports (Madden 200x) or Bungie (Halo3), is pretty stupid. They are three different genres of game, with their own market.

Third, all companies milk their popular series. They are companies. There job is to do business and earn money.
    Of course that's why companies milk them... to make money. Still, I do know of a lot of people who have grown to dislike FFVII because of all the spin offs and sequels. I used to love FFVII, however I've grown to dislike it because of the excess amount of story to it now.

And anyone who is complaining about FFVII being milked is too late to jump on the bandwagon. Square has been milking Final Fantasy since FF2. In the subsequent 20 years, we've had trading cards, toys, drinks, CDs, an anime series, a card game, remakes, anime sequels (Legend of the Crystal is a sequel to FFV), audio drama CDs, spinoffs, movies, posters, and any number of other products I'm forgetting.
    Final Fantasy VII seems to be the one, a lot of people consider to be the game which bought RPG's from their niche corner, into mainstream market. Hence forth, it has been milked excessively more, then the previous FF games, due to the fact that more and more people play it (moreso now, after 10 years since it was released). For the record, I haven't played FFVII for about 4 years.

But God forbid they make a direct sequel to one of their games. That's just crossing the line. Give me a fuckin' break.
    Considering that Hironobu Sakaguchi, the creator of Final Fantasy and the one who saved Square from going bankrupt back in the 1980's, never wanted sequels to the FF games, that they were all stand alone games, which told a complete story.

And no, I won't give you a fuckin' break.

Yes, I was being sarcastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou Dun View Post
    There are a lot of companies out there which make all sorts of games. But comparing a company like Square (who makes RPG's) to one like EA Sports (Madden 200x) or Bungie (Halo3), is pretty stupid. They are three different genres of game, with their own market.
    No, they still have to compete against these games, regardless of genre. It's been stated a number of times, by CEOs from companies including Square, Enix, and Taito, that one of the reasons for this new style of marketing and all the mergers is because in the global market, Square has trouble competing with other developers.

It doesn't matter what the genres are. Money spent on one game is money taken away from another. Look at the box office, where comedy movies compete against dramas on a weekly basis.

Considering that Hironobu Sakaguchi, the creator of Final Fantasy and the one who saved Square from going bankrupt back in the 1980's, never wanted sequels to the FF games, that they were all stand alone games, which told a complete story.
    No offense to the man, but he was also the one who LEFT them going bankrupt in the 90's, or have you forgotten about The Spirits Within?

And also, please explain Final Fantasy: Legend of the Crystals. It was a 3-episode OVA released in 1994, and was a sequel to Final Fantasy V.