Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 101 to 125 of 320

Thread: Square-Enix is milking FFVII way too much

  1. #101
    Onion Kid
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Somewhere
    Posts
    6
    Hmm interesting topic this. Personally I like the FF series (except X and X-2 seriously what were they smoking) because each game tells a new story, with new characters, in a whole new world.

    that being said I did like FFVII:AC, but other than that I do agree that they are over milking this a bit. I was happy when FFXII came out because its a fresh new game, with new game play as well which makes it an even more original Final Fantasy game.

    This is just my opinion however I know theres a lot of FFVII fans out there, which is why their making all these spin offs in the first place.

  2. #102
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1
    I cant wait for the ff 7 remake

  3. #103
    Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Behind the mound of dead bards
    Posts
    11,039
    And I can't wait for fucknuts like you to realize that it isn't coming and to stop yammering about it.

  4. #104
    GTI Enthusiast z.zetsumei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,275
    I really wonder why these retards feel the need to sign-up here just to make a shitty post.
    New Sig under construction

  5. #105
    Shriner
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    New Hampshire
    Posts
    41
    My friend introduced me to the world of Final Fantasy and the story of Final Fantasy VII is what got me hooked on playing RPGs in the first place. Sure 3D graphics like those used in Advent Children and some RPGs nowadays look nice, but I'll take a story that hooks you over good graphics anyday. And yeah I think they have milked FF7 a little too much, but as long as it's selling I guess they will do it as much as they can.

  6. #106
    Level 70 Night Elf Druid iceberg325's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    547
    I dont see whats the big deal. Square isnt the only company to ever milk their top franchise. Its been done plenty of times before. How many dynasty warrior games have been released in the past 5 years? How many mega man and mega man spinoffs has there been? Its called striking the iron while its hot.

    1up.com did a poll not too long ago and they asked whats the ps1 game you would like to have available for download on the ps3. Of course FF7 was top in votes. Its what the people want. Square would be really dumb not to pursue this.
    Currently playing: Rise of the Tomb Raider, Fallout 4, Xenoblade Chronicles X, Assassins Creed Syndicate

  7. #107
    GTI Enthusiast z.zetsumei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,275
    The thing with Dynasty Warrior, Mega Man, and any other game series is that they DIDN'T spin off on something based strictly on one game within a series.
    As for the poll, it doesn't say much. The sample is horribly biased since only the people who go to 1up.com and find the poll worthwhile would bother to vote.

  8. #108
    Level 70 Night Elf Druid iceberg325's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by z.zetsumei View Post
    The thing with Dynasty Warrior, Mega Man, and any other game series is that they DIDN'T spin off on something based strictly on one game within a series.
    As for the poll, it doesn't say much. The sample is horribly biased since only the people who go to 1up.com and find the poll worthwhile would bother to vote.
    They dont have spinoffs because they recycle the same game over and over every year. Why doesnt the poll say much? Everywhere you go, people always mention FF7. Its just shows what the people want. Of course square is going to milk that. Im just suprised it took them like 10 years to do so.

    If I were them, Id release FF8 and 9 in the same package sort of a dawn of souls type deal.

  9. #109
    GTI Enthusiast z.zetsumei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg325 View Post
    They dont have spinoffs because they recycle the same game over and over every year. Why doesnt the poll say much? Everywhere you go, people always mention FF7. Its just shows what the people want. Of course square is going to milk that. Im just suprised it took them like 10 years to do so.

    If I were them, Id release FF8 and 9 in the same package sort of a dawn of souls type deal.
    If you want to know why the polls don't say much, then either study up on how polls are conducted or read [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Main point I want you to see in that article: online polls = volunteer sample, volunteer sample = biased results

  10. #110
    I'll join the fad. I bring sum NuclearWarheads, k? Kakarot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    A house
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by z.zetsumei View Post
    If you want to know why the polls don't say much, then either study up on how polls are conducted or read [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    Main point I want you to see in that article: online polls = volunteer sample, volunteer sample = biased results
    By the same token, you could claim the results are biased the other way. For example, say 60% of the results thought FFVII should be remade. A census might show only 40% of people agree, but then again, it could be 80% who agree. That poll may not be conclusive, but you certainly can't say that it proves the opposite to be true.

  11. #111
    GTI Enthusiast z.zetsumei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,275
    This is all that I was saying you moron:
    Volunteer polls are a major source of bias and therefore are NOT a good source to back your claims.

  12. #112
    Level 70 Night Elf Druid iceberg325's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by z.zetsumei View Post
    This is all that I was saying you moron:
    Volunteer polls are a major source of bias and therefore are NOT a good source to back your claims.

    All polls are bias then. Im sure if FF7 wasnt chosen in the poll it wouldnt have mattered at all right?

  13. #113
    ◄lȯ̡̮̩̥̝̹͚͕̝ͪ̅̐̀̚̚lico̓̄ ͉̲͈̻̣̀͐̇ͯ͗n► Argus Zephyrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    R'lyeh
    Posts
    2,207
    FFVII rocked; I picked it up off the shelf one day years ago without knowing anything about Final Fantasy and got hooked on the series altogether. I wish Square-Enix would leave FFVII alone already. Not that they will unless it stopped making them money. =\
    Screw those biased volunteer polls.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.].
    Alternatively,
    if you're an idiot, click [Hidden link. Register to see links.].

  14. #114
    GTI Enthusiast z.zetsumei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg325 View Post
    All polls are bias then. Im sure if FF7 wasnt chosen in the poll it wouldnt have mattered at all right?
    Yup. Regardless of the outcome, I'd still rant and rave about the illigitimacy of polls.

  15. #115
    jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dromund Kaas
    Posts
    7,077
    Can't believe this thread is still going...

    We all know that as a business, Squareenix does what it does to make money. That's the main thing, and unfortunately it seems that FFVII is the main focus for everyone at the moment.

    In regards to volunteer based polls, how reliable are they? Do they represent the majority of gamers who play those games, or just ppl who like to jump on the bandwagon?


    The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun


    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

  16. #116
    Level 70 Night Elf Druid iceberg325's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou Dun View Post
    Can't believe this thread is still going...

    We all know that as a business, Squareenix does what it does to make money. That's the main thing, and unfortunately it seems that FFVII is the main focus for everyone at the moment.

    In regards to volunteer based polls, how reliable are they? Do they represent the majority of gamers who play those games, or just ppl who like to jump on the bandwagon?

    I dont know what they stand for but for some reason anytime a question about rpgs or great ps1 games come up, FF7 is named. Now my point was it just shows what people want. Its not a secret that people, fanboy or not, want more FF7. And SE, being a business, would be stupid not to capitalize. Its just really obvious.

  17. #117
    GTI Enthusiast z.zetsumei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,275
    Thier recent attempts to capitalize on the FF7 name have flopped.

    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg325
    Its not a secret that people, fanboy or not, want more FF7.
    Let's be honest now...you can't confirm if that's a fact or not.

  18. #118
    jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Dromund Kaas
    Posts
    7,077
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg325 View Post
    I dont know what they stand for but for some reason anytime a question about rpgs or great ps1 games come up, FF7 is named. Now my point was it just shows what people want.
    I admit, FFVII was the second psx game I ever bought (Transformers Beast Wars was the first), and I did like it. I suppose in some way I still do like it... but after everything that has come out for it, my dislike for this game is growing.

    I never said that FFVII was a great game, and if I check my memory.... done... I have never stated that FFVII was a great game. A good game, yeah, but not a great game IMO.

    Its not a secret that people, fanboy or not, want more FF7.
    Really? People want more FFVII? Damn, I must rush on down to my nearest game store, and buy everything they have with FFVII stamped on it right away! Please explain to me how you came about this knowledge, as I admit they're probably are some ppl who do, as you claim, want more FFVII. But I'm willing to bet that there are also ppl who do NOT want more FFVII.

    And SE, being a business, would be stupid not to capitalize. Its just really obvious.
    Capitalize? FFVII? So that's what they call it now. It used to be called 'Flogging a dead cow'. I mean, how far can they go now with FFVII? Really? The main story has been said and done, we don't need anymore for crying outloud. How many times do we have to revisit the same world again, and again, and again? SE has already had us revisit Ivalice for the third time now, do we really want the same for FFVII?

    Even the series creator didn't want all this prequel/sequel/remake stuff. He was content enough to leave each FF game as a fully independant story, why add more to it?

    I'm reminded of an old saying in regards to FFVII, the prequels, sequels and such...

    If it aint broken, why fix it?

    A lesson which SE still has to learn IMO.

  19. #119
    I'll join the fad. I bring sum NuclearWarheads, k? Kakarot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    A house
    Posts
    569
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiahou Dun View Post
    SE has already had us revisit Ivalice for the third time now
    Technically, yes. But it's a vastly different world, apart from name, each time. There are no more similarities between FFT, TA and XII than you'll find when comparing other FF games.

  20. #120
    Level 70 Night Elf Druid iceberg325's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    547
    Quote Originally Posted by z.zetsumei View Post
    Thier recent attempts to capitalize on the FF7 name have flopped.


    Let's be honest now...you can't confirm if that's a fact or not.
    Ok let me rephrase myself, the "Majority" of people want more of FF7. From me reading boards, talking to gamers, even the reaction of the people when the FF7 tech demo was shown. Its really obvious that FF7 is something that a shitload of people want. Spin off or not, SE knows whats wanted. Thats why they are milking it. The same reason capcom releases a new mega man game every year, the same reason a dynasty warriors game is made every year. Now im not saying the spin offs SE is producing are good. I didnt buy Dirge because it looks like crap. I think its really evident that FF7 is a hot comodity.

  21. #121
    ... jiro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    4,689
    Quote Originally Posted by magicgavin View Post
    I cant wait for the ff 7 remake
    keep waiting

  22. #122
    GTI Enthusiast z.zetsumei's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    1,275
    Quote Originally Posted by jiro View Post
    keep waiting
    I like this post...it made me lol out of my ass.

  23. #123
    Dreamer
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    All round the world!
    Posts
    3
    FF7 what a topic. Ok time for a rant (Zetsumei yes my first post but no I didnt join to post this!!!)

    Ok firstly I have enjoyed every thing I have seen released form SE about FF7. FF7 had a good if not great story. Worth the money spent on it. Last Order was nice for the download time, as when Zack fought it was ace. Nothing really expanded there. AC was beautiful and was worth also the buy. Story was was not up to top but great action sequences. DoC game play was lacking but in my own opinon its story was up to my liking.

    Now that you know im what you might call a fanboy who has after finding FF7 all those years ago, bought FF8/9/11/12 and played all others at least in the series that I could get a hold of. You can hear the opinon of a fanboy as there seems to be a lack of the them on what seems to be a FF message board (Scratches head in owe at the lack of)

    You all say it should stop being milked and that they a ruining the what FF7 was, I think to that you are wrong because how can you already ruin somthing that was in your own opinon great. How ca you start to hate the first game because the second was created. The second can never take away what the first one was. As for the old all saying "If it is not broken why fix it?" Im not sure that applys as the say SE are going on it "Expand it, its works fine."

    What gets me is you complain SE is milking it yet. all of you who have commented on the additions must of bought them or known someone who has. Therefore for use who have played them you are just doing SE a favour and I laugh at you, as you have done exactly what you said you hated form FanBoys. For those who have not bought or played the others you have no room for a comment. As you can no comment on something you have no knowlage on. You say SE are wrong on this, I laugh at you as you have just added to there profits and helped them milk it. haha.

    Oh just to add im making a fanfic, look out for it!

  24. #124
    Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Behind the mound of dead bards
    Posts
    11,039
    Oh look. A moron revived an old thread to post fanboy bullshit. What a shocking development this is.

  25. #125
    The Puppeteer TM's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    London, England
    Posts
    10,274
    Were has this happened before? way too fucking much, CHECK THE FUCKING DATES.


    Sig too big

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •