Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast

Thread: Square-Enix is milking FFVII way too much

"I like men with long hair" Darkiss's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzle View Post
    agreed.

Same here!

I love your skin...Oh so white...I love your touch...cold as ice...
    and I love every single tear you cry...I just love the way you are losing your life...

*HIM

Slayer of the dumbfucks Van Finel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lord_Deathborne View Post
    If you're referring to Starcraft: Brood War, that was actually an expansion for Starcaft, not a sequel...
    *sigh* Are we EVER going to see Starcart II, or Starcraft: Ghost for that matter?
    Brood War would definately fit into the general category of sequel you were referring to.

My facts may be a bit rusty but I thought I heard somewhere that SC Ghost was cancelled. Blizzard did mention that they were planning to "revist the Starcraft world" which was kind of hinting their will be a SC II

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Van Finel View Post
    Blizzard did mention that they were planning to "revist the Starcraft world" which was kind of hinting their will be a SC II
    I hope so.

Slayer of the dumbfucks Van Finel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
    I hope so.
    Of course they said that about a year ago so who knows now. Blizzard has a pattern of making a game, then releasing an expansion for it and then begin working on another game and I do believe it's Starcrafts turn in line.

Yeh finally a good starcraft game.

Onion Kid
    pfft they're only "milking" it because of public demand. And now that they've brought out spin-off titles people still find something to complain about.

Here's what I think.*Hopes Square is listening* Well, they've started on the FF6 remake, so that means that the FF7 remake isn't far off. Square should make a version of FF7 for the DS, PSP, GBA and then maybe a version for PS3, 360 and Wii. After that, their series has "re-planted the seeds from a dying tree", and should leave it before they kill it again. *And leave is not supposed to be a joke with tree.*

Quote Originally Posted by Lek View Post
    Here's what I think.*Hopes Square is listening* Well, they've started on the FF6 remake, so that means that the FF7 remake isn't far off. Square should make a version of FF7 for the DS, PSP, GBA and then maybe a version for PS3, 360 and Wii. After that, their series has "re-planted the seeds from a dying tree", and should leave it before they kill it again. *And leave is not supposed to be a joke with tree.*

opinions are opinions until supported by evidence
    New Sig under construction

It's my birthday and I'll cry if I want to hb smokey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lek View Post
    Here's what I think. You're a dumbass.

One:
    Final Fantasy 7 was a game fans wanted to see more of.

Two:
    Who said Final Fantasy 7 was a classic or any of those games? Were they labeled Classic Collection like those disney movies? I don't think so.

and

Three:
    I was expecting more from Square to make a new Final Fantasy 7, which covers a whole different story and background. I was hoping for a better RPG.

That's all.

Well, reasons for these offshoots definitely wasn't the huge outcry from fanboys/girls for more FF7, no sirrrrr.

Hands off my bread! Psycho_Cyan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Smith View Post
    Well, reasons for these offshoots definitely wasn't the huge outcry from fanboys/girls for more FF7, no sirrrrr.
    LoL. I like you already. More posting plz!

Quote Originally Posted by Lek
    And here's what I think. You're completely full of crap. Fankids like you are the reason why Squeenix continues to produce lackluster garbage like the FFVII spinoffs. Instead of innovating at all, and creating quality titles (without pushing them back for nearly a year), Squeenix can be lazy and spout out crap like DoC and remakes for several years.
    Thanks to Garamond for the sig/ava!

I didn't have a problem with it until they started releasing games like Dirge of Cerberus. It's a good game, but, as cool as he is, having Vincent as the lead character was abad move, in my opinion. Should've made a good old slash em up with Cloud, I say.

I also don't like the fact that Before Crisis is a mobile phone game. I mean, what the hell? I don't want to see the end result.
    An interstellar burst, I'm back to save the universe.

I didn't have a problem with it until they started releasing games like Dirge of Cerberus. It's an alright game, but, as cool as he is, having Vincent as the lead character was a bad move, in my opinion. Should have made a good old slash em up with Cloud, if they were going to make any type of sequel to 7, I say.

I also don't like the fact that Before Crisis is a mobile phone game. I mean, what the hell? I don't want to see the end result as 100% of the phone games I have played are rubbish.

games played on phones generally are rubbish

Vincent was a bad move period, he was less of a main Character than Yuffie. Both of them were optional to the FFVII Storyline, why make a gun-game with vincent, and no gun-arm-toting Mr.T lookalike badass Barrett?

Hands off my bread! Psycho_Cyan's Avatar
    Why make an FFVII spinoff at all when the original game was mediocre? Oh, wait. The fankids. How could I forget?

But...but...
    I said that.

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    Well, what do you really expect, when Square sacked Hironobu Sakaguchi, the man who came up with the name 'Final Fantasy' in the first place.

Final Fantasy VII was a good game... and that's just it. All this talk about remakes and such makes me physically ill. Personally, I think Square should just follow the old adage "If it aint broken, why fix it?". The main reason for all these prequels, sequels and spin off crap, is because Square are just whoring out the FF series.

Even with the 'supposed remakes' of the earlier FF games for next-gen consoles (I was at a convention last weekend, and got caught up talking about this with some of the others there.), Square is going downhill big time IMO.

After Square released FFX, I had doubts about how much longer the FF series was gonna survive, and when FFX-2 came out, the only thing I thought of was to compare Square with the Titanic, sinking below the waves... trying to drag down it's legacy.

Now, I don't hate the FF series (Although, it may seem that way), I'm a traditionalist and prefer the earlier FF's (NES & SNES). IMO remakes are a rather dicey venture for any company to attempt, because not only do you have to appeal to a newer generation, you still have to hook the ones who actually played them on those consoles when they first came out.

Let's face it, Square pretty much became a household name after FFVII, but with some big losses (Final Fantasy - The Spirits Within, just to name an example), they haven't recovered.

And by jumping into bed with that damn Mickey Mouse organisation, and making games with them, is just trying to stave off the inevitable. Sakaguchi has formed his own company, and I think Nobuo Uematsu has joined him as well (Not sure about this, it may just be an unsubstantiated rumour, but...), add in other companies making RPG's could Square's time in the sun be coming to a close?

Nothing lasts forever, and the deathknell tolling the end of Square's reign as 'King of RPG's" could very well be approaching.

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

A world with FFVII is a better world then a world without FFVII. Don't Complain.

Quote Originally Posted by Alvinz View Post
    A world with FFVII is a better world then a world without FFVII. Don't Complain.
    this will remain an opinion until supported by fact

Fact: People actually enjoy playing FFVII and all it's parts.

Quote Originally Posted by z.zetsumei View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvinz
    Final Fantasy VII basically popularize the console RPG genre in the west, thus greatly increasing the demand for such games. Even if you consider FFVII to be a mediocre RPG or hell, even if you considered it to be the worst game ever made, you can’t deny that it was a very influential title. If not for the success of FFVII, far superior RPGs like Suikoden II, Star Ocean: The Second Story and probably even many of the mainline FF games (given Square’s track record with skipping over FFs for western releases pre-FFVII) might never have seen a release outside Japan.

the coolest thing since sliced bread QueenOfTheWorld's Avatar
    Personally,and call me crazy, but i like the compiliation. FFVII left alot of unanswered questions. And if you'll notice, the things they are making, are directly related to what the fans want to see. For example Crisis Core is centered around Zack, everybody loved and wanted to know more about zack. Before Crisis centers around the turks, and everyone loved the turks, seeing a pattern? And why get mad at square for making money, isnt that what they're supposed to do?

Awesome sig by brotherhood619!!
    "there is always the future, look forward to it, and anticipate it, but dont expect anything"-i said that

so it's your opinion then. That there isn't substantive facts to back this up?

Legacy

Final Fantasy VII is regarded as one of the most influential titles in the history of the video game medium. It is credited with allowing RPGs to find a place in markets outside Japan, and remains arguably the most popular title in the Final Fantasy series. In January 2005, it was selected by Electronic Gaming Monthly as 6th on their list of "the 10 most important games ... that helped redefine the industry since ... 1989". Citing its "beautiful cut-scenes and a deep, introspective narrative", they claimed that "Square’s game was ... the first RPG to surpass, instead of copy, movielike storytelling", and that, without it, "Aeris wouldn’t have died, and gamers wouldn’t have learned how to cry". The game's popularity and open-ended nature also led the director and writer to establish a plot-related connection between Final Fantasy VII and Final Fantasy X, another popular Final Fantasy title.

The game's legacy includes the acceptance and standard inclusion of FMV sequences in RPGs, as well as significant advancement in computer graphics. These developments would allow series creator Hironobu Sakaguchi to begin production of the first Final Fantasy film, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within. The game also introduced settings dominantly suffused with modern-to-advanced technology into the Final Fantasy series, a theme continued by Final Fantasy VIII and The Spirits Within.Rereleases of Square games in Japan with bonus features would occur frequently after Final Fantasy VII International's release. Later titles that would receive this treatment include Final Fantasy X, Final Fantasy X-2 and Kingdom Hearts.
    There genius, Wikipedia for you. Just because you're a minority with your ideas, doesn't mean they are right. Probably because they're a minority..