Page 4 of 117 FirstFirst 123456789101454104 ... LastLast

Thread: notice spam / advertisements / things mods & admins need to deal with

there was something here, but it's outdated

I have a question regarding the Anime & Video Game Music Download Links forum. Could the "do not request a re-upload unless..." rule be added to the quick reply box? (and maybe punished if not followed?) Because I don't think many people still use the regular reply so they won't see it.

Every day I have at least 2 or 3 people asking for a re-upload. The stupid thing is the links usually aren't even dead, they just don't like the site I used. I see it happen in a lot of other people's topics too. ShinAtomos is a particularly annoying user. Check his posts. All he does is say thanks and asks for re-uploads. Well, at least he says thanks... But as soon as I turned on my PMs to discuss something with someone, he asked if I could upload 5 Ar tonelico soundtracks. WTF?! I've never even posted in an Ar tonelico thread. Why me? Post it in the Requests forum dammit! I expect him to have sent that PM to several different users.

So if mods could be a bit more strict, that would be nice.

J. Peterman
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash Ketchum View Post
    THIS POST IS SPAM AND I'M REPORTING IT!

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar

General FF Rumble is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ http://www.goatpen.org ~~ Final Fantasy Shrine Idol - join us and sing!

Affiliation:

I am an administrator of GSCentral.org, the largest source for game enhancing codes on the Internet today. We support Game Genie, GameShark, Pro Action Replay, Codebreaker, X-Ploder and more. We will turn 10 early next year and plan on lasting for many more!

Also, I am curious to know what the 'Let's do the timewarp' template was originally called. The colour scheme is very similar to our original colours and I would like to install it on our forums. ^_^

Thank you!
    gscentral.org

^
    |
    |
    |

THERE HIS IS! GET HIM!
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    I hate my fans

J. Peterman
    -> This post

hahahahaha

Sig too big

This thread is like a spam minefield.

FFXI list of flamers (caught this while searching)

I hate playing necro since this was posted quite a few months ago, but I still think this needs to be brought to attention. The poster in question, Feiiwong, is a notorious player on FFXI whom has been banned across several FFXI servers and several FFXI community fan-sites for reasons I won't state here.

As if anyone took that thread seriously anyway, outside of like one or two people. Also? Hilarious.

Haha I remember that, pure gold.

Chronicles of Multiversia JonahTHD's Avatar
    Hi, I'm having a problem with a guy who is being a jerk towards me, even to the extent of being racist towards me for being a Canadian. He's in "All the Soundtracks That I Own - Request Away!" Topic in "Download Links" under the name of "GG4Ever".

Sorry, but I don't accept PSN friend requests from people I don't know too well so if you send me one, I'm going to refuse it.

That little bastard should think before he posts

Yeah, but no one could tell him anything without him making an ass out of himself. but I really don't like seeing someone be so vulger on such a public site. I don't really want young mind to get warped and such. and I just CANT stand racism of any kind. It hurts.

Oh, I'm with ya. Here, lol at the irony of him posting this:

http://forums.ffshrine.org/showpost....06&postcount=1

*faceplant*

that's all I have to describe this

Quote Originally Posted by Jonah_The_Half-Dragon View Post
    Hi, I'm having a problem with a guy who is being a jerk towards me, even to the extent of being racist towards me for being a Canadian. He's in "All the Soundtracks That I Own - Request Away!" Topic in "Download Links" under the name of "GG4Ever".
    GG4Ever's a known troll. In the event he isn't banned by an admin, I suggest you just ignore him.

Well nothings been heard from him for a bit. so either he's banned or he died from not being able to flame someone while the site went down. I'm kinda hoping the latter...XD

How about starting with this thread first concerning the spam.

How about not posting in a thread that hasn't been posted in for nearly a month just to say something moronic?

If you are going to insult me at least use correct English.

And yes I did see that noone has posted in a month, but I was under the impression that this thread was to post in any problems you see around the forum, What was I meant to do just let it die because "OMG noone has posted in ages, I'll have to make a new thread!" What's the point in making a new thread when there is already one?

If the admins are serious on cracking down on spam then the fact that this thread itself turned into spam suggest there is a big problem with this forum. I've already seen alot of threads go off topic and such and other people insulting eachother and I haven't been here for a week yet!

How was at I said at all grammatically incorrect? If you're going to insult someone for not using correct English, at least know what correct English is. Like, for example --- "How about starting with this thread concerning the spam" should have a question mark at the end.

P.S.: Of course you did, 'cause that's our style, at least it is in GD anyway.