Page 118 of 119 FirstFirst ... 1868108112113114115116117118119 LastLast
Results 2,926 to 2,950 of 2961

Thread: notice spam / advertisements / things mods & admins need to deal with

Could high authority LOCK my main thread ?
    http://forums.ffshrine.org/showthread.php?t=220947

As i explained in the last post of the thread, i am giving up any further update, but the thread in itself can stay as there are hundreds of working links for the moment.

Grand Shriner
    Hi Leon,

If a single disc of compilation music from various films of a composer was released in the mid 90s (now out of print) by Varèse, then a different label releases in the later part of 2000, re-mastered audio tracks containing some of the same music, but includes additional tracks from the same various films of the same composer as a multi-disc box set, would Varèse still have any "hold" over or would this new re-release from a different label be allowed on the forum?

I know that you mentioned in a post in 2017, that remasters/re-issues by different labels are allowed and left alone. I would appreciate clarification on whether this is still correct or not.

Thanks,

Three Wishes

Survived the 『Hunt』, but not the Lady. Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Three Wishes View Post
    Hi Leon,

If a single disc of compilation music from various films of a composer was released in the mid 90s (now out of print) by Varèse, then a different label releases in the later part of 2000, re-mastered audio tracks containing some of the same music, but includes additional tracks from the same various films of the same composer as a multi-disc box set, would Varèse still have any "hold" over or would this new re-release from a different label be allowed on the forum?

I know that you mentioned in a post in 2017, that remasters/re-issues by different labels are allowed and left alone. I would appreciate clarification on whether this is still correct or not.

Thanks,

Three Wishes
    Yeah, that's still correct. As long as the other release is more "recent" and published by a different+not forbidden label, everything is fine.
    Strategy guides | N: “He was having his favourite dish.” | Some Platinum Trophies
    Wither away.

Grand Shriner
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon Scott Kennedy View Post
    Yeah, that's still correct. As long as the other release is more "recent" and published by a different+not forbidden label, everything is fine.
    Thanks, Leon for the quick reply. Yes, the other release is more recent, published by a different label & not forbidden.

Onion Kid
    Thank you so much for not banning me or suspending me

Leon and Jessie I ask politely and humbly

please come talk to me, by PM not to expose anything

is very important for me

thank you for your attention

http://forums.ffshrine.org/showthrea...35861&page=120

Anyone's familiar with this Bomba Fett guy? Why is he copying my lines? At first I thought it was a joke but it seems not. See posts #2981, #2983, #2985 & #2986
    Last edited by Maxwill; 10-19-2019 at 02:04 AM.

Fox stuff (Ad Astra score)

http://forums.ffshrine.org/showthread.php?t=236231

Btw...are scores from movies released by Fox Searchlight forbidden as well?
    Last edited by The Hand; 10-20-2019 at 03:09 AM.

Hi, this is an old thread, but it's Fox and has a working link:

http://forums.ffshrine.org/showthread.php?t=182985

Banned
    Hello admin, could you please delete this thread of mine

http://forums.ffshrine.org/showthrea...686&highlight=

Thanks

I'm so glad I'm not young anymore. JonC's Avatar
    I've been away for a while. Quite a few months, actually.
    In fact, I have not been gone at all, I have been unable to access the site through my browser (Firefox) as Norton was rejecting it as a redirect to some site based in Russia. I had assumed the site was down long term, and only recently discovered the site is still working, and it seems to be a compatibility issue with the browser.
    It took a while to get logged out from Firefox, and I'm now viewing through Edge.
    Has anyone else heard about this?
    Is my Firefox corrupted somehow?
    Since it's running Norton Safe Web, and Edge isn't (yet,) is Edge currently vulnerable to whatever 'it' is?
    Please advise.
    Sincerely, and thank you, in advance,
    JonC
    Do to changes in my schedule, I am not able to do uploads, renew links or fulfill requests at this time. I will resume uploads if and when the situation changes.

Survived the 『Hunt』, but not the Lady. Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JonC View Post
    I've been away for a while. Quite a few months, actually.
    In fact, I have not been gone at all, I have been unable to access the site through my browser (Firefox) as Norton was rejecting it as a redirect to some site based in Russia. I had assumed the site was down long term, and only recently discovered the site is still working, and it seems to be a compatibility issue with the browser.
    It took a while to get logged out from Firefox, and I'm now viewing through Edge.
    Has anyone else heard about this?
    Is my Firefox corrupted somehow?
    Since it's running Norton Safe Web, and Edge isn't (yet,) is Edge currently vulnerable to whatever 'it' is?
    Please advise.
    Sincerely, and thank you, in advance,
    JonC
    First things first, I suggest to run a scan of your computer. I'm running an ESR (Extended Support Release) version of Firefox, since I'm still on Windows Vista and I haven't encountered redirects in a while.

https://imgur.com/8C3n2fY

Secondly, to try and be a bit more on the safe side — as far as this place is concerned, look for a Firefox add-on named "uBlockOrigin": install it->access its dashboard->click on "My Filters"->add these URLs (one per line):
    iyfnzgb.com
    horoskopishqip.org
    d1lxhc4jvstzrp.cloudfront.net
    jquery.su
    And save changes. Sometime ago the Final Fantasy Shrine board did redirect users and those "addresses" were the culprits.

Grand Shriner
    Seems to be quite a few users over the last 2 days who are saying thanks for every single thread posted. .. i always thank users but seems to be spamming the board and its quite annoying .

I'm so glad I'm not young anymore. JonC's Avatar
    Thank you. I already have UBlockOrigin, and have blocks on the first two sites, but not the second two. I'll test it out shortly.