Page 115 of 116 FirstFirst ... 1565105109110111112113114115116 LastLast
Results 2,851 to 2,875 of 2890

Thread: notice spam / advertisements / things mods & admins need to deal with

Grand Shriner
    Last edited by Three Wishes; 05-18-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Last edited by ggctuk2005; 05-19-2019 at 02:42 PM.
    Sessions wishlist:

-Zootopia
    -Rogue One
    -Star Wars: The Force Awakens
    -Star Wars: The Last Jedi

Please note: unable to respond to upload requests

Grand Shriner
    Last edited by Three Wishes; 06-06-2019 at 12:04 AM.

Shriner
    Last edited by bep33; 06-06-2019 at 12:48 PM.

Yellow Diamond's Pearl HunterTech's Avatar
    So I have a question: is admitting that you posted a forbidden link and editing it out themselves still inherently earns a ban? I'm aware Lilu has posted Fox stuff before, but it does seem like an earnest mistake on her end, so it does feel harsh for someone to get kicked when they did try to remove it (though reporting it was certainly the best choice).

Bella Notte Lover PonyoBellanote's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HunterTech View Post
    So I have a question: is admitting that you posted a forbidden link and editing it out themselves still inherently earns a ban? I'm aware Lilu has posted Fox stuff before, but it does seem like an earnest mistake on her end, so it does feel harsh for someone to get kicked when they did try to remove it (though reporting it was certainly the best choice).
    People here have gotten banned for even lesser reasons than that. I'm afraid we can't do anything about that. The law of the west. Admins do what they want and we don't have a right to complain.
    Wishlist:
    - Alpha and Omega RS or CS (Chris Bacon)
    - Dragonheart RS or CS (Randy Edelman)
    - Star Fox Assault RS or CS (Yoshie Arakawa and Yoshinori Kawamoto)
    - Snow Buddies RS or CS (Brahm Wenger)
    - Zootopia RS or CS (Michael Giacchino)

RS = Recording Sessions
    CS = Complete Score

Survived the 『Hunt』, but not the Lady. Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    Harsh? Not at all. I don't give a damn if a user edits that stuff on his/her own, did that guy/girl return active after a "break"? Even if that's the case, so what? All the more reason for him/her to give another read (or, in the worst case, a read) to the forbidden stuff sticky, before returning to "sharing"… He/she didn't, tough luck.
    Strategy guides | N: “He was having his favourite dish.”
    “May the good blood guide your way.”

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ggctuk2005 View Post
    It was you then, who did it
    Who are you, after all, your name does not appear?
    http://forums.ffshrine.org/showgroups.php

Quote Originally Posted by ggctuk2005 View Post
    Questioning a moderator's actions in enforcing rules you should have already been familiar with doesn't seem like such a good idea.
    seriously you think, coward did not have enough courage to say it was you

Do you know how much time I gave to this topic and what financial cost I had

and I was still banned for ten days

I think you did not realize that it was already posted more than a year ago, it was only to have warned me that it erased the forbidden ost.

this moderator and admin does not help at all

I'll put everything back, I want to see if you're going to mess with me again.

no use banned me, I'll go with another account and put everything back

You have a mortal enemy.

Yellow Diamond's Pearl HunterTech's Avatar
    http://forums.ffshrine.org/showthread.php?t=233718 Guess we're gonna keep seeing more of these in the next few days.

Quote Originally Posted by MYZUNRARA View Post
    It was you then, who did it
    Who are you, after all, your name does not appear?
    http://forums.ffshrine.org/showgroups.php

seriously you think, coward did not have enough courage to say it was you

Do you know how much time I gave to this topic and what financial cost I had

and I was still banned for ten days

I think you did not realize that it was already posted more than a year ago, it was only to have warned me that it erased the forbidden ost.

this moderator and admin does not help at all

I'll put everything back, I want to see if you're going to mess with me again.

no use banned me, I'll go with another account and put everything back

You have a mortal enemy.
    Yeah, threatening a member isn't a good idea either, nor is admitting to using ban evasion, especially since I'll know it's you now. Neither I nor anybody using this thread is obliged to tell a member breaking the rules that they're breaking the rules. It's not my fault you failed to edit your topic of your own accord. The rules are there for a reason: to stop this place from going down the shitter.

Thank you for publicly saying this, AND sending it to me via PM, you utter sad tantrum-throwing child.

Grow up.

Also, if that was the bootleg, perhaps you'll ask next time instead of taking the keys to the car without crediting, after reading the rules of course.
    Last edited by ggctuk2005; 06-07-2019 at 09:05 AM.

Banned
    I posted John Williams' Monsignor score a few hours ago, and it was brought to my attention that this movie is affiliated with 20th Century Fox. When I read the copyright information, I zeroed in on Universal Music and didn't think to read further on. If this is banned, would you please remove the thread and accept this as an unintended mistake? Thank you.

http://forums.ffshrine.org/showthread.php?t=233881

Bella Notte Lover PonyoBellanote's Avatar
    You know Leon, I'm pretty sure other people in this forum have done something similar to what FilmScoreFan has done, posted something banned, didn't know until he was told, asked for it to be deleted, and the user remained in the forum.

You really, really, really, REALLY, rejoice in taking out the fun out of people in the Film Score section. It's not like you need to force yourself to hide your very visible resentment towards that section. But deliberately removing literally the only person left that shared in this place, that isn't the usual shitty BartOss clone mass uploader.. it shows a lot. Not only that, but you shouldn't have been so harsh with the Fox ban when it's right now at different waters, considering Fox is Disney now and Disney is not banned. Point being, you were just waiting for an excuse.

I don't know what to say, bud. I really just don't know why you keep moderating this place, when you don't work for us; you willingly want to take our fun. Curse at me all you want, but you know very well what you're doing and the image you got of yourself, you didn't get it for no reason.

Survived the 『Hunt』, but not the Lady. Leon Scott Kennedy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PonyoBellanote View Post
    You know Leon, I'm pretty sure other people in this forum have done something similar to what FilmScoreFan has done, posted something banned, didn't know until he was told, asked for it to be deleted, and the user remained in the forum.

You really, really, really, REALLY, rejoice in taking out the fun out of people in the Film Score section. It's not like you need to force yourself to hide your very visible resentment towards that section. But deliberately removing literally the only person left that shared in this place, that isn't the usual shitty BartOss clone mass uploader.. it shows a lot. Not only that, but you shouldn't have been so harsh with the Fox ban when it's right now at different waters, considering Fox is Disney now and Disney is not banned. Point being, you were just waiting for an excuse.

I don't know what to say, bud. I really just don't know why you keep moderating this place, when you don't work for us; you willingly want to take our fun. Curse at me all you want, but you know very well what you're doing and the image you got of yourself, you didn't get it for no reason.
    *Yawn*

Do you think I give a damn about my "internet image", especially on the fucking Shrine? Pathetic. I'm frankly tired of the bullshit you spew about my so-called hate for that section: is it being emptied of threads? Like hell. Is the 100% of folks who browse it banned? Neither. Trust me, if I really hated that "place" as much as you think I do, none of you would still be here today. No one. The only thing I think, is that it brings a lot of unwanted/unneeded attention to this place… Try to tell me I'm wrong to think that, a good chunk of the forbidden material entries is comprised of labels and composers that mostly work with movies/television series (and it's not like they're niche material, you can easily find download links elsewhere, if you Google). Granted, I do think a few users react way too childishly to what is standard moderation anywhere else, but I never banned folks for that.

I don't care if others simply got their threads/posts removed, regrettably for FilmScoreFan, I was the first to see that post. If Jessie, or someone else with a higher "rank" than mine is of the opinion I'm being too harsh, all my moderation-related actions (including bans, yes) can be reverted, so *shrugs*. Cross your fingers and hope that happens, I guess.

Post-sleep Edit:
    As for the 20th Century Fox/Disney thing: I haven't received any new instructions and, seeing how the thread about this very "topic" is still unanswered by the likes of administrators, it's safe to assume that nothing has changed. Fox stuff is still banned.

Lastly, I don't have to work for you, shriners. I just have to enforce rules and keep the place clean. Understood?
    Last edited by Leon Scott Kennedy; 06-17-2019 at 06:14 AM.

Onion Kid
    VERY well said
    Last edited by sam100; 06-17-2019 at 05:02 PM. Reason: emphasize

Onion Kid
    for all intents and purposes, the banning of certain content is completely justifiable, considering the amount of other non banned content

Onion Kid
    and anyone who says otherwise is asking for trouble