Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: final fantasy 13 "80% complete"

Grand Shriner
    FFXII was delayed because of the producer quitting square-enix and moving to Mistwalker. FFXIII has a much better chance of making it out much faster. Besides, dont you thing Squeenix will want something for us FF fans to drool over on our new PS3s? Q4 of 07, my guess, we will have a (another) new FF game.

Edit: Im an idiot, see next post from me for real info

Quote Originally Posted by darkravenx View Post
    FFXII was delayed because of the producer quitting square-enix and moving to Mistwalker.
    Sakaguchi wasn't ever the producer or director of Final Fantasy XII.

Also, he founded, not moved, to Mistwalker. Key difference.

Finally: Blue Dragon looks pretty crap

Xbox Live and PlayStation Network ID: RaidenexS
    Steam Community ID: Raidensoul

Grand Shriner
    My info was misdirected, i apoligise for that. The REAL info is Yasumi Matsuno was struck with an illness and all things went on halt. This shouldnt happen with FFXIII however, hopefully. And yes, BD does look a little bad (Okage Shadow king meets brave fencer mushasi, in a bad way) Music is good though!

Flurry of Dancing...monkeys MoonlightXIII's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

how the piss do they manage that considering how long it took ffxii to come out? ;-;;

RAGE
    I heard that they had two teams working on it. They're supposedly suspending development of Kingdom Hearts 3 because their director's working FF versus 13.

Well I can see some of you are clueless lol

first off the system doesnt have to be out most of the Launch day titles for PS3 were finished back in the spring of 2006 , they just had minor tweaks while they waited,

and Second the main programmering and engine for FFXIII was originally meant for (started on the PS2 platform) but square decide to go with PS3 oncewm ore info and programming was avialbe to them cause they wanted to up the game big time graphics wise and stuff.

As for FFXII it suffered more delays then any FF game ever which is why it took so long ,. and FFXIII was started in late 2004 early 2005 , (just because it wasn't annouched until E3 2006 doesnt mean it wasnt started already)

Also Sqaure has offically slated Dec 2007 as the relase for this game in Japan making the NA release about 6mths later (due to translation)

If you look hard enough you can find this info online one soucre is IGN another is gamepro or you can go out and Buy the Collectors Edition of FFXII and watch an Interveiw with one of the Head guys involved wit hFFXII talking about it and mention some of what i have mentioned

Actually if anyone wants,. E-mail me [Hidden link. Register to see links.] (im hoping the thread lets this be visabel some dont) and I'll ripped the Bonus Disk that came with FFXII and let you see for yourself, (it also includes a great History of FF series)

I dunno about anyone else put FFXIII right now is the main reason i plan on getting a PS3

Like the new guy above me stated, FFXIII was orignally being designed and developed for PS2 - which would of been cool. They could of like had FFXII and FFXIII dual release!

But since they started developing for PS3 - they had to start off from near scratch. The only thing they kept was some of their philosophies and their character designs.

Now they are developing the White Engine, which will over the time become more and more refined and different tools would be used in different Square Enix games, which is currently around 80% complete.

In an recent IGN article, S-E states that FFXIII was 18% complete, and FFVersusXIII was like 1.8% pecent complete. They are also still doing experiments to see the PS3's full potential. I can safely say that S-E will be the one to show the world how powerful the PS3 Really is.

Once the white engine is completed, then progress should kick in really, really fast. Planned release date was either 2008 or 2009.

Actually the current set release date for FFXIII is DEC 2007 according to the latest IGN.COM info that i have read in the past few days

So i'm gonna take a wild guess and assume it'll be in Canada & the US around spring 2008

Red face yawnski

so yer,im new,and so yer,does anyone remember what was said,i think it was at E3 '06,i cant rem where,but the team that worked on all those extras games and what not for FFVII are now working on the extra games and stuff for FFXIII,so maybe FFXIII is 80% done,but the key word is whatever that 80% is,i cant remember it,damn,but they have been workin on it for awhile,and your lucky,your all gonna get it before me anyhow,livin in freakin uk,i just want FFXII atm,id be happy with that for now,or a ps3,or a wii,damn you all,FFXIII will come out eventually,and it wont be this year for def,chances are might be end of next year,but in reality it will be '08/'09,and when you question about the release,do you mean the series or just the main game,thee actualy Final Fantasy XIII.

for the person who said x,x-2,xi,xii,xiii all look the same,well if your complainin about looks then play those ff games you havent played,and keep playin them over and over again,fact is,games are 3d,sequels,prequels,all games are going to look alike,its a bit like life,everythin looks the same,if you dont like it then you know what you can do.

ok,end of first post,ciao

Sil'fur says "SILLY BITCH" Silfurabbit's Avatar
    Goddamnit stop coming out with so many fucking games I can't keep up I still have to finish 4 beat 5 6 9 10 10-2 12 and 7-DOC

Me and [Hidden link. Register to see links.]!

And watch final fantasy unlimited anime. Can't miss that shitty series.

The only side I'm on is my own. GT_Stevo's Avatar
    If Final Fantasy Unlimited were a food, it would give you diarrhea for weeks.