Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Spirits Within or FF: AC

... memorare ...

The Spirits Within or FF: AC

OMG, I SOOOOOO LUUVVVEDD FFAC, I BE SUCH A FANBOY, AND, I CANNOT CUM UP WITH GOOD REASON TO KNOW WHY I LIEK FFAC SOOO MUCH BUT, IM A FANBOY, PRAK PLLLZZZ MAK FUN OF MEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, this thread was so much fun to read, I figured I'd relaunch it...
    The Artist Formerly Known As Krelian and Skittles
    ... remember that you are mortal ...
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Thanks for the relaunch. I dont suppose you have my 2 novels I posted here lying around do you?

Big thanks to Maria for this great sig!

you didn't have them saved locally?

Fuck this thread. This isn`t a relaunch.

Bullshit.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat
    you didn't have them saved locally?
    Well I never thought this would happen. From now on anything over 2 sentences is being saved. *saves*

to be honest you should save local copies anyway, if only to prove ownership. it's a really bad idea putting anything on the internet that you don't have a backup of on your computer - or even just another website is better.

... memorare ...
    ADVENT CHILDREN PWNZ J000000

redbat
    I've generally left video games/ movies alone lately.
    I've recently found a new obsession, it's called reality
    Either way I've never bothered watching the movies.
    I wholeheartedly apologise for any of the posts I made on this site between 12 and 19. I genuinely enjoyed so much of it, but I look back and realise that I was such an ass.

... memorare ...
    Ahh.... soooo THAT'S why you're here. You're on hiatus from gaming and movies, but, here you are... what will you discuss? I know! Talk to us about reality? What is reality? What does it stand for? What is involved with it. Give us your almighty genius... PLZZZ OMGGG

redbat
    Quote Originally Posted by Krelian
    Ahh.... soooo THAT'S why you're here. You're on hiatus from gaming and movies, but, here you are... what will you discuss? I know! Talk to us about reality? What is reality? What does it stand for? What is involved with it. Give us your almighty genius... PLZZZ OMGGG
    Sorry, i meant talking to real people, and doing real things instead of just saying "wow! i just killed another tonberry (sp?), let's go see if that guy's gonna say the exact same things as he did 20 times before!"

Sorry, I'm just to lazy to type all that, but you forced me to it.

Friendship is over-rated. ZOLTAN!'s Avatar
    hmmm, i think he's over reacting..

Back.

Quote Originally Posted by Top Cat
    to be honest you should save local copies anyway, if only to prove ownership. it's a really bad idea putting anything on the internet that you don't have a backup of on your computer - or even just another website is better.
    Well it wasnt that important of a post really was it? It was just another FF debate. But in future I will make sure I save it.

Redbat, you are dumb. You can have a life as well as playing video games. I played like 30-45 min a day and had plenty of time for other shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry
    Redbat, you are dumb. You can have a life as well as playing video games. I played like 30-45 min a day and had plenty of time for other shit.
    nicely said

Grand Shriner
    Round 2 begins.....

Would you like to see my mask? Nightowl9910's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Diablo
    Round 2 begins.....
    I guess it does!

Ok short version (I really don't feel like re-typing everything I put before again, even if it would boost my post count up again lol).

TSW IMO is the technically better movie because of these main reasons:

1) Character models are alot more realistic to watch on screen. The detail on their faces in comparison is much more lifelike, as are the facial expressions and the mannerisms which each of the characters use. The difference is pretty obvious if you watch AC and TSW back to back. There is occasional stiffness in the characters movements (as there also is in AC) but most of the time it's pretty smoothly animated and doesn't detract from the movie's strengths.

2) The voice acting. In comparison to AC this was alot more convincing as the characters displayed a range of different emotions through their voice tone which helped bring their personalities to life.

3) Story - Not particularly original but neatly put together and resolved. The character development between Dr Aki and the Captain also helps give the story extra depth. AC on the other hand has an extremely transparent plot, and aspects of the story which had the potiential to add depth to it were abandoned i.e The Geostigma disease (how that was resolved was an absolute cop out), lack of character development on the relationships between Cloud and Tifa, Marlene and Denzel.

Thats my 2 cents

pedo mc tax me softly, black person (whom i love)'s Avatar
    The Spirits Within is a bearable movie to watch, the voice actors are actually entertaining in the way they perform and the story (despite the "the earth will save us!" bullshit) is far above and beyond the utter tripe Deus Ex Machina bullshit you get from Advent Children.

To clarify, my Advent Children DVD is now a coaster; and I rented it. I refuse to return this piece of shit to the rental store so that someone else can be subjected to it's godawful shittiness.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    I refuse to return this piece of shit to the rental store so that someone else can be subjected to it's godawful shittiness.
    I'm sure that there's many who would appreciate such a gesture lol.

Still I honestly don't see how it helps. For every copy brought or rented there's probably another 100 made (sorry couldn't resist the smartass comment lol).

pedo mc tax me softly, black person (whom i love)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giga_Flare
    I'm sure that there's many who would appreciate such a gesture lol.

Still I honestly don't see how it helps. For every copy brought or rented there's probably another 100 made (sorry couldn't resist the smartass comment lol).
    The local rental store only had the one, that's a small population I've saved.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    The local rental store only had the one, that's a small population I've saved.
    Lol. I wouldn't be suprised if Prak chooses to do the same with his copy he he.

I have totally given up on replying to threads I've already replied to. This whole back-up thing is entirely depressing, all 950 posts-depressing.

But in all fairness, AC for me.
    mailbox v2.1 tsumugi; K-ON

Quote Originally Posted by Twilight
    I have totally given up on replying to threads I've already replied to. This whole back-up thing is entirely depressing, all 950 posts-depressing.

But in all fairness, AC for me.
    lol didn't bother me much and i choose ac.

and the story (despite the "the earth will save us!" bullshit) is far above and beyond the utter tripe Deus Ex Machina bullshit you get from Advent Children.
    Deux Ex Machina? Isn't that when a good guy appears and solves all the problems out of nowhere? Where was that in Advent Children?

Heyy Look! A Cloud On A Stick! Cloud On A Stick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Redbat
    I've generally left video games/ movies alone lately.
    I've recently found a new obsession, it's called reality
    Either way I've never bothered watching the movies.
    id like 2 bring up this stupidity and tell you your aloud 2 play a video game and have a life at the same time...i bet u didnt know that so there you go...u can play a game or watch a few movies now!
    Bacon will take over the earth one day, soon I heard.

Check out my FF7 AC movie and vote!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoncurry
    Deux Ex Machina? Isn't that when a good guy appears and solves all the problems out of nowhere? Where was that in Advent Children?
    I got the impression Aeris more or less did that with the last minute Geostigma cure rain, when all the kids get cured at the end.