Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Spirits Within or FF: AC

I would like to say that TSW had better CGI when it comes to detail on the face and especialy the environment when Aki was in time square, however AC beats TSW everywere else. Just the detail on the clothing, the rest of the environment and movements are beautiful.

As for story. Watching TSW is like listening to jazz music. All the FF elements are plastered everywere but without being there. The story is solid and awsome and builds up well, but the only way "everyone else" can really enjoy it is if they're on ADD medication. This film is more artistic with a futuristic feel. AC by all means is not a film like TSW, it's a movie. Fun to watch, great story and great characters but less development envolved. Big FF fans like myself think AC is great but that's because it's fun and exciting, but realisticly TSW is technicaly better and for once I do have to agree with Prak.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

Quote Originally Posted by Neg View Post
    If you left it up to Magnus it'd always be their darkest hour, cuz, you know, he can't deal with that right now~

Level 70 Night Elf Druid iceberg325's Avatar
    AC was IMO a good action flick. TSW was a good sci fi flick. I enjoyed AC better. I was in best buy today and the movie was being played on a big screen plasma, looked awesome.

Craaaaaazy Monkey!!! O RLY Mood!!! Monkeydude's Avatar
    Spirits Within sucked because the story was bad, when i saw it i didn't believe it was a real final fantasy thing, just some who copied the name, because it didn't look like something they would make... it was way too boring!

Screw it!!! My sig is too big!

You'll never silence the voice, of the voiceless. Meet the Jim's Avatar
    It was not as good as Advent Children, but it really did have some good points.

1) The wierd phantom alien ghost things.
    2) That legend black dude, he was a great character.
    3) Stroyline was original. I wouldnt mind if they made a game of the film of the er............ game? Whoa sorry I got a bit confused there.lol.
    "The teacher stands in front of the class
    But the lesson plan he can't recall
    The student's eyes don't perceive the lies
    Bouning off every fucking wall
    His composure is well kept
    I guess he fears playing the fool
    The complacent students sit and listen to some of that
    Bullshit that he learned in school" - Zack de la Rocha

Quote Originally Posted by MarvinStraight
    I would like to say that TSW had better CGI when it comes to detail on the face and especialy the environment when Aki was in time square, however AC beats TSW everywere else. Just the detail on the clothing, the rest of the environment and movements are beautiful.

As for story. Watching TSW is like listening to jazz music. All the FF elements are plastered everywere but without being there. The story is solid and awsome and builds up well, but the only way "everyone else" can really enjoy it is if they're on ADD medication. This film is more artistic with a futuristic feel. AC by all means is not a film like TSW, it's a movie. Fun to watch, great story and great characters but less development envolved. Big FF fans like myself think AC is great but that's because it's fun and exciting, but realisticly TSW is technicaly better and for once I do have to agree with Prak.
    Total agree, and it's a fact: TSW's graphics ARE better than AC's.
    [Hidden link. Register to see links.] / [Hidden link. Register to see links.] / [Hidden link. Register to see links.] / [Hidden link. Register to see links.]
    AVATHAR/TRENT/PANDA SURF/SEA ORG/TRENTINGTON

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeydude
    when i saw it i didn't believe it was a real final fantasy thing, just some who copied the name, because it didn't look like something they would make.
    You gotta remember, it wasn't just anybody that made the movie. The movie was completely under the wing of Hironobu Sakaguchi, the CREATOR of Final Fantasy. It's the message in the story that counts as always.

Quote Originally Posted by Krelian
    OMG, I SOOOOOO LUUVVVEDD FFAC, I BE SUCH A FANBOY, AND, I CANNOT CUM UP WITH GOOD REASON TO KNOW WHY I LIEK FFAC SOOO MUCH BUT, IM A FANBOY, PRAK PLLLZZZ MAK FUN OF MEH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, this thread was so much fun to read, I figured I'd relaunch it...
    lol you think your a fan boy look at thsi buddy

Craaaaaazy Monkey!!! O RLY Mood!!! Monkeydude's Avatar
    Stop posting that picture!!! you already posted it somewhere else

Would you like to see my mask? Nightowl9910's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Monkeydude
    Spirits Within sucked because the story was bad, when i saw it i didn't believe it was a real final fantasy thing, just some who copied the name, because it didn't look like something they would make... it was way too boring!
    Why is it that you thought the story was bad? Admittedly it wasn't terribly original but at least all the events tied in with each other well enough, as well as there being a conclusive ending.

On the other hand parts in AC make no sense at all, and the ending was pretty inconclusive.

Level 70 Night Elf Druid iceberg325's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trent
    Total agree, and it's a fact: TSW's graphics ARE better than AC's.
    I cant seem to see that. I think AC looks better.

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    You all fail for the mindless blathering. Before the reset, the original thread was quite an interesting debate thread. Now it is a mockery of its former self, filled with the idiotic rantings of FFVII fans, brainless "you're stupid" replies, and no real discussion.

Well i would have normally put more effort in but whats the point?

I think i'll wait till DW comes back......

pedo mc tax me softly, black person (whom i love)'s Avatar
    Litmus test for these two films:

I take TSW out when enough time has passed that I go to watch it again to see if I notice something I missed the previous viewing, whereas with AC everything is IN YOUR FACE and OH SHIT HERE IS SOME DRAMATIC MUSIC PAY ATTENTION.

I'll never watch AC again, and even when I watched it the first time I fast-forwarded through the dialogue because it was so fucking stupid that I couldn't make myself listen to it.

DILLY DALLY SILLY SALLY

Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    DILLY DALLY SILLY SALLY
    Haha, I couldn't believe how lame that line was. Tifa I thought was actually one of the slightly better portrayed characters in the film (up to that point anyway) so I was expecting the response to have a little more oomph to it than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Giga_Flare
    Haha, I couldn't believe how lame that line was. Tifa I thought was actually one of the slightly better portrayed characters in the film (up to that point anyway) so I was expecting the response to have a little more oomph to it than that.
    Nei. The WORST line in the movie was when Loz said, "You, meanie!". I like the movie but that part made me want to slit my wrist.

pedo mc tax me softly, black person (whom i love)'s Avatar
    Also: It was quite obvious that none of the voice actors gave a shit if they read their lines properly, everyone is a monotone, no real attempts at any sort of emotion whatsoever.

Also, pt. 2: The entire movie sucked so hard it could suck-start a leaf-blower. Seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Odin
    Also: It was quite obvious that none of the voice actors gave a shit if they read their lines properly, everyone is a monotone, no real attempts at any sort of emotion whatsoever.
    Heh, i felt exactly the opposite thing in TSW: there the voice-acting was quite good, and convincingly acting, but the facial expressions were really lacking emotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Trent
    Heh, i felt exactly the opposite thing in TSW: there the voice-acting was quite good, and convincingly acting, but the facial expressions were really lacking emotion.
    I agree. The detail was good but no expressions.

Quote Originally Posted by MarvinStraight
    Nei. The WORST line in the movie was when Loz said, "You, meanie!". I like the movie but that part made me want to slit my wrist.
    Heh, have to admit i found that part quite funny. I think that Loz was supposed to be a bit of a wuss being the mummy boy that he is.

As for Tifa though, bearing in mind that she's mean to be a fairly tough character, I couldn't believe it when she came out with that line (talking about the actual dialogue as well as the way it was spoken) as it's the kind of comment a 6 year old would make and didn't fit her character at all. I don't know who the script writer was but he obviously didn't have hardly any clue about what he was doing lol.

I personally liked them both, loved them both i meant. I consider them a great addition to the final fantasy series. TSW told a completely original story, and the animation was top notch, plus the voice actors,(Ming Na-*jizzes on self*) and yet stayed true to the final fantasy theme with the gia thoery and spirits and such, plus Cid.

AC was also very good, as long as you watched the Japanese version. I just didnt like how they brought Sephiroth back just for the fans, I liked Kadaj and his gang, they were great characters, no need for Sephiroth in this one i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dj Remy
    I personally liked them both, loved them both i meant. I consider them a great addition to the final fantasy series. TSW told a completely original story, and the animation was top notch, plus the voice actors,(Ming Na-*jizzes on self*) and yet stayed true to the final fantasy theme with the gia thoery and spirits and such, plus Cid.
    The story actually wasn't terribly original. Certain stuff was copied over from other sci fi/FF stories. However IMO the stories strengths made up for that.

Other than pretty much agree with everything you've said there

The story actually wasn't terribly original. Certain stuff was copied over from other sci fi/FF stories. However IMO the stories strengths made up for that.

Other than pretty much agree with everything you've said there
    Yeah ur right, but as far as other ff stories, pretty original, i mean nobody hack n slashing w swords and magic, summons, u kno what i mean, I agree tho, more sci-fi orientated.

I must be the only one who hated TSW, I must of saw it when I was 14 and thought it was a pile of tripe, I prefered the visuals in AC, the fights and I cared more about the characters maybe cause I played as half of them.

I mean I sure TSW had more money put ino it cause it was theatrically released while AC was just a DVD release. Hence the better visiuals although I just thought it was stupidily flashy.

Visit my [Hidden link. Register to see links.]

http://forums.ffshrine.org http://forums.ffshrine.org's Avatar
    note: it made sense and wasnt as lame in the original japanese
    our language doesnt have the copasity to be able to translate it properly

Exotic weapon proficiency ftw Prak's Avatar
    Yes it does. All they had to do was translate the meaning instead of trying to translate the whimsy.