Thread: Does anyone else lag in high-action areas in FFVII:DoC?

Does anyone else lag in high-action areas in FFVII:DoC?

For some reason, I'm lagging a bit on really high-action areas on DoC... I've never had lag on any other games, and for the most part, this is the only game I think my PS2 has ever actually lagged on.

Does anyone else ever have this problem, or is there something wrong with my game/console?
    "What!? No dance!?"

-Brother

jen' jari iv tave sith Darth Revan's Avatar
    I would think, as this is about a FFVII spinoff, should be posted in the FFVII section. Meh, w/e.

To answer your question, I haven't noticed any real lag in Dirge of Cerberus, so it may be your console/disc. Check the back of the disc, and make note of any scratches, smudges etc and wipe the back with a soft cloth/tissue. Console wise, whether it's a fatboy or slim PS2 doesn't matter, but the laser lens may need cleaning. You can buy at any video store etc a laser lens cleaner disc, which cleans the lens. Give either of the above a try, if it still lags after that, I'm not sure what your problem could be... (Apart from playing that crap that is).

The Code of the Sith
    Nw l kash zo tash antai kash tik sh sot.
    Pro sh sot nu gauti ty k
    Pro ty k nu gauti midwan
    Pro midwan nu gauti pergaleas
    Pro pergaleas nuyak aras svistuis
    Tave qy sik sekleti won nun

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

[Hidden link. Register to see links.]

A Captain Need Not Have a Eyepatch! Agent0042's Avatar
    Thread moved to FFVII Compilation.

[Hidden link. Register to see links.] is active -- currently battle is Character Pairings!
    "When prayers turn to promises, not even fate can stand in their way. Wishes can come true. But not if you just wait for miracles. Miracles are things we make for ourselves. Here and now." - Fang & Vanille
    If you're not reading Goat Pen, you're missing the web's best Final Fantasy fanfiction. ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] ~~ [Hidden link. Register to see links.] - join us and sing!

DEATH TO COUNTRY MUSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !! P.B.Y's Avatar
    nope, worked fine for me, maybe you can contact SE for a replacement?
    check out my NEW blog all about getting people interested in game music at [Hidden link. Register to see links.]!

recent post: [Hidden link. Register to see links.]!

@Mysterwii: That wouldn't work. Most probably be told to go buy another copy, hence giving them more money. Could take it back to the store it was purchased from (with proof of purchase) and see if it could be replaced I guess.

@Axmann: However, what Mysterwii suggested is a valid option. Find another copy (either a friend's copy or go to a video store) and give that disc a try. If that works, then you'll have to track down another copy.

But, I don't see how a disc could cause lag only in high-action areas of the game? I mean, if the laser/disc was unclean/scratched, etc, then one would assume that it would be lagging throughout all areas, right?

Also, sorry for wrong section. Didn't see the "FFVII compilation discussion" area. Thanks for moving.

Not necessarily, as some scratches/smudges/etc can cause interference with the laser lens. I still suggest what I stated before... clean the disc/laser lens and give it another try.